Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 4, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 4, 2014

Back to a snail's pace for story movement. The wedding is over, folks are back home, or elsewhere, with some having changed clothes and hairdos, some not.

Sami, hair down, in red, is talking with EJ about the wedding, how beautiful, etc. but seems really not so happy. EJ questions her, she mentions their wedding coming up, how they have the same guest list, but could never top Will & Sonny's wedding. Yep, she actually is jealous. Heck, they had their fathers speak, and great gramma Caroline. EJ suggests his father marrying them, she has a fit, won't even invite him to the wedding. Not after he was willing to let her rot in prison, and all he has done to her family. They argue a bit, EJ starts kissing her, she is laughing, but has to go over to Will's, he gave her a key if Gabi isn't home. EJ cannot believe she has a key, but continues with the kissing, Sami succumbs, and the DiMera sofa gets a workout. Later, in afterglow, they are still talking about their wedding, with EJ suggesting he get Paul McCartney to sing, or maybe Beyonce'. She laughs, suggests they get married there. Ej notes she hates that house, she laughs, but EJ knows there is one place she loves, the garden. He sees her going out there every morning rain or shine. She gives some excuse about it reminding her of her grandparents' garden in Colorado that she loved. Later, EJ is talking to someone, wants something done for this wedding, no matter the cost.

Jennifer is having a minor fit at Daniel when she finds her checkbook in the box of toys, even tho he denies taking it. She goes on about not wanting him to interfere in her business, or try to take care of her, he did it with Theresa, and now the checkbook. She angrily takes off. Daniel texts Nicole to come over.

Liam gleefully removes his earpiece, happily takes off figuring Jen will need a shoulder.

Eric is talking with Nicole, and tells her, gently, that because of her past marriages, which ended in divorce, not annulments, it means they cannot be married in the church. She figures no problem, use a JP, or judge. No, he may have left the priesthood, but he has not left the church, his faith means a great deal to him, but he does love her. She understands, is sorry she did not take that in consideration, figures they can work around all this. She suddenly remembers that he said no sex before marriage, so is he saying that they can only hold hands forever? What kind of relationship is that. He says they will have to figure it all out. She gets the text from Daniel, tells Eric to figure it out, let her know, and storms off.

She arrives at Daniel's, denies taking the checkbook, gets mad at him. He admits he might have accidentally put it in himself. The two then talk of their conversations with their loved ones not going well, give each other pep talks, she leaves.

At the hospital, Jen has changed clothes, but is obviously still upset, which Maxine notices. Eric arrives, Jen talks with him, learning his stance on marriage and church that he told Nicole. She tells him it is most important he let he know he still loves her, and how much. Liam has been wandering around a bit, talking to doctors, etc. Jen decides after Eric leaves, she should take her own advice. She grabs her stuff just as Liam pops in, all smiles, just saying hi. She is just leaving, maybe another time, and she rushes out. He doesn't look too happy.
Daniel opens his door, there is Jen, who grabs him and kisses him. She is sorry for overreacting before, more kissing, they fall on the sofa, and ...the Jonas sofa is getting a workout.

Marlena walks thru square, passing by a seated John who says hi, asking how the wedding went. Marlena is very cold, abrupt, aloof as she tells him it went well, she appreciate him not coming, if he wants details he can ask someone else who was there. She mentions the divorce will be final, they will bump into each other around town, can be civil, but that is all. She leaves.

John & Roman bump into each other in the Pub, with Roman advising John to start helping Brady, who is in a bad way, and now has taken up with Theresa, and it is not good. John says that is all he has been doing, Roman says he has to do more. Eric comes in, defending John, has tried talking to Brady himself, to no avail, he is in a downward spiral.

So let's go see Brady & Theresa, who have finished a romp in bed, he is boozing it up, she takes his phone to delete other women's phone numbers from it, including Chloe Lane and Nicole Walker. He takes hers and does the same, mentioning names, but when he gets to Kane, her face changes, he realizes that must be her coke dealer. He gives her the phone back, wonders if the guy has good stuff. Theresa offers to get him some, if he wants, as Brady continues to booze it up.

Nicole has a fantasy about Sami & Marlena talking Eric out of marrying her, and Eric saying he really doesn't love her so much. She decides to find him. Marlena has run into Eric in the hospital, he mentions receiving a new job offer from someone for more money, but he would not want to leave Jen in the lurch. Marlena is happy for his job there, as she sees him more often and now they are on good terms, maybe can have supper a couple times a week. He can bring Nicole if he wants.

But later, Marlena is still at the hospital, on her phone, leaving a message for Eric about his decision, whatever it is, she will support it. Nicole has come in, heard this, and when Marlena hangs up, gets in her face about trying to stop anything between her and Eric, calling her a *****.

Gabi is holding Arianna, talking of the wedding when knock, knock. Yep, it is Nick, a little gift for Arianna, stuffed panda. They talk a bit, Nick does his usual snow job about being o.k. with not being invited to the wedding, it will take time, but Will & Sonny will see he has good intentions. She puts Arianna down for a nap, resumes talking with Nick, and soon they are kissing. He offers to leave, she mentions the guys not coming home tonight, so Nick can stay if he wants. Passionate kissing ensues, and soon clothes have come off, and that sofa is about to get a good workout, too. But, knock, knock. Gabi ignores it, they will go away, but Sami's voice calls out, Gabi, you home? A nearly naked Gabi & Nick look a bit panicky, and outside the door, Sami is fumbling in her purse for the key to the apartment.

I have such an issue with people having sex on couches. Folks have to sit there afterwards for crying out loud.

angry-emoticon.gif

It sounds like a tough day for Salem couches: first another round of Jennifer-Love Doctor contortions and then an unholy hook-up between Tricky Nicky and Gabi at Sonny and Will's place. If the newlyweds knew what was transpiring on their couch, they'd probably leave it at the curb and purchase a new one. It was also a day for people to foolishly run their mouths. Once again darling Jen has gone off on the miracle surgeon for no good reason. The tanned wonder really should reconsider his relationship with Ms. Sleeveless. She's all sweetness and light when things are going well, but when she feels aggrieved, she's hell on wheels. Nicole also ought to watch whom she's talking to. Nobody messes with the Phoenix's Queen of the Night. Marlena may usually be polite and refined, but she's somebody who shouldn't be crossed. As for John and Roman, these two can confer all they want about Brady, but this guy certainly appears to be a problem without a solution.

I was going to start the summary by saying the Salem sofas seem to be fair game today. The DiMera sofa, Jonas sofa, the apartment sofa. Actually, was surprised to see Brady & theresa in a bed !!! and not on Theresa's sofa. LOL

GREAT episode today! Marlena finally got the word she needed to hear cause honestly that's how she has been acting! Nicole GO you rocked! Eric is such a wuss sometimes and doesn't appreciate a strong woman like Nicole like seriously he is dumb.

Sounds like more hot mess drama with Brady and Theresa. I just say bring back Kimberly and Shane whip her into shape and cut her off.

Those poor couches.

And stupid Nicole, acting like Sami and making assumptions that every conversation is about her. This could turn around, if she apologizes and explains the situation to Marlena but I have a feeling she won't and instead will continue to blame her. Can't say Marlene doesn't partially deserve it after the way she's treated Nicole, but now that Nicole is with Eric she needs to start minding her manners a little better.

Actually, was surprised to see Brady & theresa in a bed !!! and not on Theresa's sofa. LOL

Probably because Jeannie Theresa's living room set was being used as someone else's living room :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know Jen and Dan have a small fan club these days but I'll take them ANY DAY over the farce of a rapemance going on at the DiMansion! Yuck!!! I may have to start automatically watching this show on DVR in order to skip certain scenes. I did like Jen's royal blue dress and glad she kept the pretty bun. Sami looked awful. And thank goodness Gabi took off that dress.

Sami must have spent time curling her hair after the wedding. :confused:

Liam is just freaky! The way he had a temper tantrum at the end was scary. This guy is very unstable and I feel we will learn more about him as we go along.

It was nice to see John-Marlena-Roman but they hardly had any screen time. It was mostly Sami-EJ and Jen-Eric-Dan-Nicole and Gabi-Nick. I wish they would stop treating the vets like supporting cast.

I thought what Roman said to John was way out of line. Glad Eric defended John.

I hope Marlena tells Nicole where to go.

Made me laugh when Roman said he was supposed to be "looking out" for his niece. If so, Roman, then how the blazes has she been able to buy drugs, use them, hook up with young boys, ex-cons, get caught TWICE stealing hospital funds, and constantly bed and booze it up with Brady.

A couple more things:

I'm getting sick of Sami talking to EJ about Stefano yet not mentioning any of EJ's misdeeds. At least EJ acknowledged Marlena would never perform their wedding ceremony.

That was a cute panda. I hope it doesn't contain any tracking or listening devices.

Nicole had the best line about Sami. Will this be Sami's 14th wedding?
It's been said twice and I was wondering.

It was interesting when Theresa and Brady were looking at the phone contacts.
Chloe and Nicole both off Brady's phone now. Then the one person Theresa
had was someone with name pronounced "Mice" whatever :)

Nice to see Roman on three days in a row. Plus we got a John and Marlena scene.

We had a big ice/snow storm here Friday, power was out missed Days. Seems like I didn't miss much.

I'm VERY not thrilled with the handling of John & Marlena. What is the point of their getting a divorce? Did they ever marry after that awful Alamainia fiasco (which I am willing to ignore)? Why are they not reuniting? John and Marlena are a treasure, we know they'll end up back together sooner or later, why waste time? Oy.

I think John and Marlena discussed their divorce would be final soon :(

They got the Alamanian divorce. Someone said there was a brief mention of John and Marlena remarrying after that, but I missed that.

So maybe they're getting divorced from that quickie wedding (which was obviously done off-screen).

Back