Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 7, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 7, 2017

Missed the first several minutes due to NBC "breaking news". When Days came on, Maggie was trying to reason with Deimos, a lost cause apparently. She tries to make him see how his actions are doing damage to the entire family, and if Victor has to choose between him and the rest of the family, he will choose them. Deimos refers to Victor killing the woman he loved, and having him spend 30 years in prison for it. He owes Deimos. Maggie brings up taking the business, their home, putting her in a wheel chair, etc. figures it should be even, that Victor won't stand for Deimos harming other family. He asks if she is threatening him? She says what are you going to do, poison me again?" as she goes off.

In the square, Eduardo sits with Arianna, evidently babysitting her, shows her the bracelet he had bought for Kate, gifts her with a lovely one of her own, assuring her he loves her very much. Rafe has been watching, joins them, he loves Ari, too. Some chit chat about Kate, Eddie going to meet her later, she seems to have a change of heart.

Elsewhere in the square, Deimos sits at a table, along comes Kate, small talk, as she comments on his face. He claims she knows full well her business partner is responsible, she did not think Andre was capable, Deimos corrects her, it was Chad, she mentions her, Chad & Andre. Deimos claims no one crosses him and gets away with it. She notes she did, too bad he is such a strong swimmer, all would be better off if he stayed at the bottom of the river. He does his threaten bit, she notes she has allies, naming the DiMeras and then inroads in the Hernandez clan. Deimos heard about her and Eduardo, says for her not to pin her hopes on it.

In the club, Kate comes in, finds Rafe, Eduardo is taking Ari to pre-school. More chit chat about his dad and her, maybe coming together. He has to meet someone, takes off.

Maggie goes to see Hope, asks if any word on Holly, no, the FBI thinks she is up in Canada now. They soon get talking of Deimos, Chloe & Nicole might have worked everything out if Deimos had not gone behind their backs, trying to bribe the judge. He seems to be everywhere, involved in everything bad that happens. Hope figures perhaps that will be coming to an end soon.

Paul & Sonny are talking about getting Deimos, Paul trying to talk Sonny out of what he is doing, Sonny is determined. Deimos is taking down the company, too much family is being hurt. Paul says let the professionals handle it. Sonny gets angry...professionals? you mean real men? thanks a lot. He stalks off.

Paul calls JJ for an update on what the police have.

Sonny returns later, glad Paul is still there, apologizes for getting ticked, he knows Paul did not mean anything. They are in a good place, especially after last night, which was great!

Later, Sonny is back at the Kmansion, telling Maggie some info he has learned. The part of Titan Victor oversees is making money galore. The part Deimos controls is losing cash constantly. He knows he can do better. She tells him then to go prove it. He says she is right, hurries off, she smiles, go get 'em.

Kate is still at the club, alone, cks. her phone, no messages......comments it looks like she as been stood up.

Up in Canada, Brady has taken the kids out, is having a French Fry feast with Tate, talking of the good life they will have. Back at the cabin, Nicole comes out in a towel, wet hair, just out of the shower, looking for something. A whistle has her turn, and there is the sleazebag, who saw Brady leave with the kids, and somehow let himself in. He calls her Misty, obviously wants sex. She is not interested, don't call her that. But, as their conversation goes on, he knows she is really Nicole Walker, kidnapper, on the run, and that is not her husband, he is Brady Black, rich, blah, blah. He researched and investigated it all. He talks of getting her & Brady arrested (his wife) & the kids being lost to them forever. He is touching her, insisting, she is resisting, her gets persistent, & just as she seems about to give up, car door slams. Brady is back. Somehow the guy disappears (ugh, he is repulsive), Brady comes in pushing the buggy, Holly slept most of the time. He sees her face, knows something happened. figures Scooter was there, is going now to tell the guy's wife, and break his legs.

Nik stops him, doesn't tell him that Scooter knows their identities, just she doesn't like this place. Brady promises they will no elsewhere, arranges for new I.D.s, only has to transfer some funds. He tells her this all will take about 2 weeks, they can survive 2 weeks, play board games, watch the kids. and he teases about going somewhere there are no nosy, overfriendly neighbors.

Rafe meets up with Hope in the alley, she has a good spot, they can see everything. They have their ear pieces in, someone arrives, Rafe thinks it is probably Deimos. Nope, it is Eduardo. The cops look at each other. Eddie makes a call, asking the person why he isn't there. They can hear him thru their ear buds.

And in the Kmansion, Deimos laughs, throws the bug on the floor, there you go Hope. Got you!

Last edited:
This was just a disgusting episode, in my opinion, in more ways than one. Eduardo, Rafe, Hope are just not all that stupid. Rafe & Hope don't consider the bug may have been found, after all the reception problems? Eduardo was a very successful hired assassin for years, well trained, yet he goes along with whatever Deimos suggested, even with all the animosity from Deimos, even tho Deimos nearly killed his daughter?

Brady, knowing Scooter has i.d.'d Nicole as Misty Circle, and is after her, leaves her alone while he goes off with the kids? He managed to get fake I.D.s & transfer money in a matter of hours when in Salem, but now it is 2 weeks? Gosh, that should take all the way to May sweeps, right?

Just a few comments and questions.

Could the writers have conjured up a more disgusting plot than poor Nicole being blackmailed by pervert Scooter? Really, what kind of mind makes this stuff up?

Why does Deimos go out in public when he is always being threatened and/or insulted? Besides, he can have so much more fun at home as the end of the episode demonstrated.

Little Arianna looked cute today. Will she be disillusioned when she eventually learns that Uncle Rafe is a crooked cop and Grandpa Eduardo is a career criminal?

When will the hapless Rafe wake up? He already messed up his life once by becoming involved with Sami. Now he's placing his career in danger by playing along with Bubblebath Hope whose police methods are straight out of Bo Brady's felonious playbook.

straight out of Bo Brady's felonious playbook
I miss the "Bo Brady is a Criminal" threads!
Will she be disillusioned when she eventually learns that Uncle Rafe is a crooked cop and Grandpa Eduardo is a career criminal?
And her mommy killed her cousin, Darling Nicky. And her cousin Abigail got revenge on Ben by tying him up and nearly burning him alive. And her cousin Hope killed Chad's daddy. And Grammy Sami shot a crooked cop who was trying to kill Uncle Rafe. And how Aunt Arianna the First ran into traffic while on her way to rat out Grammy Sami for shooting Chad's big brother in the head. How her daddy also shot Chad's big brother. How Uncle Eric killed Salem's greatest living Saint.

That poor kid.

I thought Ari and Eduardo's scenes at Club TBD were adorable. But come on, this can't be how Eduardo leaves (anvils all over the place today) since the lead that got them to the alley was obtained illegally.

No words for the Nicole junk.

Sonny's a joke. Did I miss something between him & Paul, or are they just talking about their date a few episodes ago? It's so hard to keep track of time on this show, whatwith the poor editing and generally terrible plotting.

Nicole and the sleazebag: I'm starting to think this story is proof of life on other planets and the writers' room is populated by Martians. There is no way any sensible human being could actually think this crud is what people want to watch.

In the interest of saying something nice I will give credit to Robb Derringer (Scooter) (scumbag) because he's doing a good job of creating a character so loathsome I feel like I need to take a shower every time he's on. I guess it's kind of like getting a report card with the grade F+ on it. You're being told "You're failing but you're doing a good job of it." LOL

The Eduardo and Arianna scenes were definitely the highlight of the episode. Can that child be any cuter?

I believe someone predicted Deimos found Hope's bug. I don't remember who, but I think it could be the same gentleman who guessed that the Hernandezes were smuggling knock-off designer hand bags. Boy is that guy smart or what? :)

This Nicole story is disgusting. I swear if these writers make her sleep with the sleazebag Scooter I will scream!!! This needs to end.

Hope is so freaking annoying. Thinks she is so much better than everyone. She is above desk work. Not even acknowledging that she is lucky she has a job!! The only time I have ever liked Hope was when she was with Aiden. She is so annoying now and keeps dragging Rafe into all her illegal activities. With Eduardo showing up I don't think he was meeting Deimos. I think Deimos set something up with someone else who got Eduardo there.

I was glad Sonny came back and apologized to Paul. He did overreact. I wondered about them too. This is why I save the episodes all week so I can go back.:) Had to go back to Monday but after the date they did get busy. Only showed them removing clothes. It was very quick which is probably why we all missed it.

Nicole really needed to tell Brady that they needed to leave right away. No way should she be subjected to that scumbag for two more weeks. I really think Brady has lost it lately. Every decision he has been making since he went on the run with Nicole has been absolutely stupid. Nicole should be more independent and not be relying on him so much because I believe this situation is not going to turn out good.

I did like Brady at the diner, though with Tate eating french fries. Tate was absolutely cute in those scenes. Tater eating french fries :rotfl:.

I loved the scene with Ari and Eduardo with him showing her Kate's bracelet and then giving her one. What he failed to mention to Ari, though, is that he had the letters of all of Kate's children and grandchildren. How about her great-granddaughter, who was sitting right there with him?

I got the impression on Monday's episode that Paul and Sonny had a special night. They just didn't bother to show all of it to us but it was clear to me what they were going to do.

I loved Maggie's scenes with Deimos and Sonny. She gave both of them great advice, although Deimos as always was not listening to her.

The anvils were falling big time today about Eduardo. Rafe had some scenes with him, he got to spend time with Ari, and Kate was coming to meet him and it looked like she was softening toward him. But at the end when Rafe and Hope were waiting to get Deimos and Eduardo showed up instead, it was quite clear that Deimos was playing games with them, especially after Deimos destroyed the bug in the K-Mansion that Hope had planted.

Nice to see Ari with her grandpa. She must only go to school half a day
because Paul told Sonny good morning.

Tater Tot was cute too eating french fries. I guess it would be wrong for him
to eat tater tots :)

I wonder how long it will take for Brady to find out Scooter knows who
they really are since Nicole didn't tell him.

Since Rafe and Hope could see Eduardo, how come he couldn't see them?

I'm not surprised Deimos found the bug. He was saying too much stuff lately.

Last edited:
It is so stupid that Nicole didn't tell Brady that Scoot the Scum knows who they are. Doesn't he have a right to know, since he is in as much danger of getting into trouble as she is? I strongly suspect they are moving toward having her give in to Scooter. It seems the writers are never satisfied until they drag her through the mud, one way or another or in every way possible. If this happens, it's going to be so disgusting! More than it already is.

I loved the scene with Ari and Eduardo with him showing her Kate's bracelet and then giving her one. What he failed to mention to Ari, though, is that he had the letters of all of Kate's children and grandchildren. How about her great-granddaughter, who was sitting right there with him?

My sentiments exactly on all counts. This is also why I was annoyed on Monday when Kate was going off on Sonny about Will. Really? Last time we saw Kate in a scene with Arianna, Eduardo was there too and she was referred to as his granddaughter and she sat there having nothing to do with the child.

I also liked when Rafe joined them. He is a completely different character outside of Hope's orbit.

I don't understand why Kate is involved with almost every storyline on this show right now yet Marlena got 5 minutes of air time this week. I just don't get it.

Tate was cute too. It must have been show cute kid at a restaurant day in the script.

If the show wants to ignore family connections and have women appear younger than they are, then they need to not have characters become parents in their teens and early 20s. Once in a while is fine but this show does it consistently and then the parents don't have additional children until the first one is already a teenager. Why not wait until the characters are a bit more mature and have multiple kids in succession? That's why they have a non-existent kid group right now. Just infants and toddlers.

In re those kids....they also have them constantly sleeping, or invisible in that buggy . Same goes for them in that blanket draped bassinet/crib in the living room, which I have never seen anywhere, in any home, except on Days. LOLOL

Thanks for the summary. Can't believe you had the patience to sit through this garbage. As if everything with Deimos wasn't bad enough, we also had to be subjected to that creep, Scooter; Nicole, acting out of character by hiding the truth of their encounter from Brady; and Brady, for making yet another stupid decision. Meanwhile, the writers think it's somehow a good idea to have Kate overload on the soap. Why!? Marlena, along with Maggie, would suffice. Kate should be backburnered for a month at least!I guess I could say the Eduardo and Deimos stuff at the end was kind of a twist.

I totally agree with Old Cowgirl about Nicole/Brady/Scooter. I can overlook MANY stupid, incomplete, offensive and inexplicable storylines BUT this type of abuse toward Nicole is about to stop me from even watching. I certainly am giving my fast-forward button a workout!:angry:

Back