Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 8, 2016

Abby is struggling between reality and the world that has been driving her insane. Her not being accountable for this makes more sense than the other deaths in Salem. I am, of course, assuming Ben is done. Chad will be rife with grief for her getting to this point. He has known Ben is in her head but he loves her to the deepest part of his heart. Ben was unsalvageable. I thought when he said they were connected he was going to bring Thomas into that. It didn't appear he did or Abby told him Thomas is really Chad's.

Well, Abby could have taken a fireplace poker to Ben, but, she did a great job of messing with him. I figure she'll have the basic "I was out of my mind" defense (which everyone can attest to) and go for a nice visit to the local "home".

Great job one and all!!

removed spoiler in non-spoiler forum - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, so Maggie herself made the decision to give up her unknown child because she felt she was to too young?

Why couldn't they leave the story as the she was told the baby died instead of totally writing her out of character by giving up a child and then never mentioning or looking for said child. And who is the daddy? Will he be wandering into Salem soon, possibly with amnesia or another family on the side?

But no, hopefully the Summer story will be as pointless as the elephant story and she will go back from whence she came.

Kate Mansi (Abby) was absolutely fabulous in this episode. I love the full-circle nature of this storytelling. I don't think she will get charged with murder or attempted murder due to temporary insanity but I do hope Chad gets upstairs in time to stop this. She's in survivor mode and given the psychotic break this has caused in her mind she's just doing what she feels necessary to completely eliminate Ben. I think Abby has a visit to the psych ward in her future but in the meantime I am enjoying the extraordinary performances by Ms. Mansi. Superb!

I'm intrigued by the Nicole/Deimos stuff. It's much better than Nicole pining after dead-Dan. I'm thinking that's Helena that Nicole looks like. I hope the writers have a decent explanation from Victor about all this since this particular plot point was recently made up and not a part of the history with Nicole/Victor. But of course this is relatively minor compared to other nonsensical stuff they've done (I'm looking at you, Summer!).

Kate Mansi (Abby) was really good today. But honestly not sure I'm liking crazy Abby. Guess it wouldn't have been as good a story but I wish she would have just told Chad "Ben is here! come home!". And speaking of Chad - Abby doesn't answer, security guy doesn't answer and that's not a major red flag that you should get your butt home!! And he doesn't have keys to his front door? Maybe I'm a little warped but I was also thinking it would have been great story too if Abby thought it was Ben but it was really Chad and it didn't click with her until she drops the match. I know, I said I was warped. :rotfl:

So sad and mad that they have made that Maggie willingly gave her baby away with not another thought of her. Why didn't they make Summer another egg baby? I'm sorry but Summer would have to be like 60 if Maggie was really young. So dumb.

Kinda glad Nicole already found out she is the spitting image of Helena. Who apparently only had one picture taken of her. :rotfl:Maybe Nicole will use it to try to help Victor? Try to manipulate Deimos? Just a thought of mine.

I'm intrigued by the Nicole/Deimos stuff. It's much better than Nicole pining after dead-Dan. I'm thinking that's Helena that Nicole looks like. I hope the writers have a decent explanation from Victor about all this since this particular plot point was recently made up and not a part of the history with Nicole/Victor. But of course this is relatively minor compared to other nonsensical stuff they've done (I'm looking at you, Summer!).

The caption under the photo Nicole was looking at said Helena Tasso so Nicole does look like Helena. I agree about Victor but this is a rewrite I think they can easily make sense of. I was kind of annoyed though that Nicole didn't mention Titus, Xander's father, or even Justin's father though I supposed she was already aware of him. She made it sound like only Deimos was Victor's brother.

Since when do hospitals have a public computer available in the waiting area?

The jewelry looked like an earring to me but it could have been a bracelet too.

I fast forwarded Maggie and Summer.

Bravo to both Kate Mansi (Abigail) and Rob Wilson (Ben) today just bravo. I actually started cringing when she stabbed Ben. I also agree with DrBakerFan that the stabbing and hitting him over the head should be the extent of self defense. Plus she didn't tell Chad or call the police. Funny how Chad didn't come home with any diapers or any of the other things Abby asked for. I think she will light the bed and Chad will come in and extinguish it quickly. It will be interesting to see what happens with Abigail next.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when Abby was jumping on the bed saying "Whee"

Who is crazier, Ben or Abby? I think it's a tie.

Abby told Chad to go shopping. Did he have a bag with him when he got back to the house?

I'm glad Abby had the scissors in the night stand. I wonder why she does. Maybe she
cuts out coupons when she's reading the morning paper :)

I can't believe it they changed the Summer story again. I liked it better when Maggie
said she thought the baby was dead. Why did they have to open up another can of worms?

So, Nicole now knows what Deimos is interested in her. I hope she's smart enough
to stay away from him.

Maggie blames herself, and then admits that this is all her fault, that no one told her that her baby was dead, that she herself made the decision to give her away, figuring she was too young, not prepared to be a mother. Tears from Maggie.
Interesting. I guess that contradiction I caught last week was actually intentional. Nice job, writers. (Still hate this story though.)
and sees Helena looks just like Nicole.
:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Kate Mansi (Abby) is doing a bang-up job, but I'm just not that into the Ben/Abby/Chad story. Should have left it in her mind.
Maybe she
cuts out coupons when she's reading the morning paper
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Excellent scenes with Abigail and Ben. Abigail has gone off the deep end. Her scenes rocked. I'm loving her character right now.

My interest is being piqued about Deimos and his new interaction with Nicole. Perhaps Victor will start treating Nicole with more kindness and respect. And this new dynamic will be a force against Deimos that he did not expect.

I couldn't be more uninterested in Summer. Disliking her more each day she is on. And I'm disappointed in how the writers are changing history as far as Maggie is concerned.

And the people that should be at Maggie's bedside after her surgery should be her family, Hope, Jennifer, Julie, Lucas, and for goodness sake, her daughters should be there. Melissa and Sarah. Even if Maggie did tell them not to come, they are her daughters and would be there for their mother for something like this. To have Summer sitting there when Maggie woke up made my blood boil. The writers need to send Summer away and bring Maggie's real family to support and love her.

Maggie said his name was Noah and he was a teenage farmhand who moved away before she even knew she was pregnant.

If they are going to subject us to this horrible Summer storyline, maybe Noah was forced to leave and will show up in Salem with a new name and family (totally different story from the Hernandez family of course).

At least give us fresh blood that would not be blood related to half of Salem if history has to be rewritten.

Honestly, I soooo am hoping Summer will be revealed as scamming Maggie....just let it be so. If she is so "oooh, mommy, I want to be with you, blah, blah", then why not give Maggie back the red shoe charm??

True Poirot, but if Summer is the scammer, then where is Maggie's real child? Now we know one is out there, lol.

The jewelry looked like an earring to me but it could have been a bracelet too.

It was an earring, the kind with just a hook that goes through a pierced ear.

Abby told Chad to go shopping. Did he have a bag with him when he got back to the house?

Chad had a brown bag when he first arrived at the DMansion, but I think it just disappeared into the bushes or something, lol.

:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Kate Mansi (Abby) is doing a bang-up job, but I'm just not that into the Ben/Abby/Chad story. Should have left it in her mind.

My issue with the storyline is that it should have happened earlier this year with signs of Abby's paranoia starting back in December. Then the flow of this would make more sense. Instead it feels like the show has 2 different people giving writing direction and it shows.

And the people that should be at Maggie's bedside after her surgery should be her family, Hope, Jennifer, Julie, Lucas, and for goodness sake, her daughters should be there. Melissa and Sarah. Even if Maggie did tell them not to come, they are her daughters and would be there for their mother for something like this. To have Summer sitting there when Maggie woke up made my blood boil. The writers need to send Summer away and bring Maggie's real family to support and love her.

Amen. I also find it hard to believe Hope and Jen would even listen to Maggie if she sent them home. Yet faux-son Brady spent the night at the hospital. Please!

They really should have just cast Marie Wilson (Summer) as Melissa instead.

I'm glad Abby had the scissors in the night stand. I wonder why she does. Maybe she cuts out coupons when she's reading the morning paper :)
Why would Abigail cut out coupons -- nobody in Salem pays for anything? And would Abigail read the paper? Few Salemites appear to read anything, and the last time people seemed to pay attention to the print media was when Weeping Will Horton was writing his wretched articles for Sonix.
Honestly, I soooo am hoping Summer will be revealed as scamming Maggie....just let it be so. If she is so "oooh, mommy, I want to be with you, blah, blah", then why not give Maggie back the red shoe charm??
:clap:
Chad had a brown bag when he first arrived at the DMansion, but I think it just disappeared into the bushes or something, lol.
It probably vanished down the same memory hole as Nanny Bridget's once all-important Irish real estate and various other forgotten plot devices..
Finally, what is it with Salem women wanting to set the men in their lives on fire? Sami once thought she was burning EJ alive in one of Salem's many convenient cabins, drugged-out mugger Hope intended to incinerate Bo, and now Abigail seems on the verge of lighting up Ben. Andre, Deimos, and Chase better straighten up and fly right or they could end up in University Hospital's burns unit.

Back