Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 8, 2016

Thanks for the summary. FINALLY I'm all caught up, after weeks of being behind! A good show indeed!

I, for one, don't care what Abby does to Ben. He murdered several people in cold blood, and tried to kill her and Chad as well. If he can escape from prison, he should suffer a fate where there is no way he can escape and endanger others. Also, the acting was just phenomenal.

I'm very disappointed that the stupidity of the Summer story knows no bounds, and that Lucas & Jennifer weren't on, but we instead had to see Summer yet again. I'm just done with her. Nothing interesting here at all. As far as Maggie's family not visiting goes, I can see why Jennifer--high as a kite--might not visit, since her judgment is impaired.

But I do wonder why the other family members just listened to Maggie and didn't show up. very, very weird. Also, what the heck happened to Kayla and her fainting? Bad continuity. Still, the Abby storyline's dominance in this show more than makes up for it.

I will add to the call that it's RIDICULOUS that -especially given the serious nature of Maggie's illness- Melissa and/or Sarah wouldn't move mountains to be with Maggie at this time. (Heck, if they can't cast an actress for the role, have them constantly out in the hallway when the others are in the room, and vice versa.)

This is especially poignant to me at the moment because my stepfather's mother (who lives in the same city I do) was admitted to the hospital today. (Side note: She'll be all right. Just an infection with some accompanying confusion, so she's not safe to be home alone just yet.) And despite her insistence that he leave, he has remained at her side until he's sure things will be okay. (And he has a job with no benefits so he's losing money every day he misses work.) He doesn't see it as a burden and wouldn't have accepted it if she'd told him not to come (in fact, I think she did try to tell him not to bother travelling up).

So...seriously writers, do some homework and have her real kids at least pull a Philip-Kiriakis-returning-Parker-style visit.

(Heck, if they can't cast an actress for the role, have them constantly out in the hallway when the others are in the room, and vice versa.)
They did that with Kayla and Kim during Caroline's Salem Stalker funeral. While they were said to be there, they were always upstairs/downstairs/in another room with the children whenever their names were mentioned.

Anyone else notice they converted the study, where Hope shot Stefano, to this bedroom?

Same windows and wallpaper, they just closed the doors to the study, and threw a bed in front of it.

Guessing Abby gets sent to "get help" with her emotional, psych issues, Ben goes back to prison.

I didn't notice that, Darrius. Will have to go back and look. I finally watched this episode. I usually don't watch anything this intense but I decided to see this one. I imagine Abby is sure going to need some help after all this! Whoa! I feel like I need help after watching it! :rotfl:

I agree with most who have commented about Maggie and Summer. Why???? That applies to just about every aspect of this story.

I wondered during Abigail's scene sprinkling the lighter fluid and dancing over Ben how she was really safe from the flames herself; she likely had plenty of fluid on her shoes, hands, even her face as she messed with Ben and messed with her own face with probably wet hands.

I wondered during Abigail's scene sprinkling the lighter fluid and dancing over Ben how she was really safe from the flames herself; she likely had plenty of fluid on her shoes, hands, even her face as she messed with Ben and messed with her own face with probably wet hands.
If she's far enough away from the bed when she tosses the match, she should be OK (providing she exits the room quickly). And where the heck is Thomas?? Is she planning on tossing the match, running to Thomas' nursery, snatching him up and running out of the house??

Guarantee, I kept thinking of two things. Thomas....and getting burnt herself. People do not realize how quickly the FUMES can ignite. My mother-in-law landed in the hospital burns up her whole one side. Raking leaves in the fall, got them in a pile, poured fluid on them, Lit the match, which never reached the leaves. The wall of flames that ignited went up her whole side, she turned away, but still got burned.

It is what bugged me when Ben was holding the baby, poured the lighter fluid on the bed, and lit the match. He really would have been injured, as the baby would have, in real life.

But, we know, the liquid is probably water, the fire is fake, there is no smell, and it is all controlled. (See, can you tell I went on the Universal AND MGM studio tours, lol.

Probably one of the best episodes of Days I seen in quite sometime. I actually saved the video of that episode since I enjoyed the acting that much. I think it's pretty clear that Kate Mansi (Abby) rocked the entire show and made the episode that much more awesome! I loved all of Abby's facial reactions. When Ben told her to untie him and seeing Abby giving him a sadistic smirk smile shaking her head no was GREAT! With her saying "weeee" throwing gasoline fluid Kate Mansi (Abby) sure portrayed a mentally unstable woman for sure very passable. Go Abby I don't normally condone violence but in Ben's case I can make a exception.
They did that with Kayla and Kim during Caroline's Salem Stalker funeral. While they were said to be there, they were always upstairs/downstairs/in another room with the children whenever their names were mentioned.
They should have did that with Bo's funeral in regards to Kim, Shane, Chelsea, and Billie.

Abby should have aimed for Ben's heart instead of his shoulder. Oh I see, then there wouldn't be a "see how you like it" burning bed payback.

There is a very vulnerable spot in the shoulder, but she missed it. :eek:

There have been signals that Summer set out to scam Maggie. It's possible that she has subsequently come to love her, and wishes that she really was her daughter. Summer could become a real threat to Deimos' well-being.

Maggie has never stumbled upon Vic's Helena momentos?

How much longer are we going to subjected to the idiotic presence of Deimos in the Kimansion, and his accompanying "ownership" of the rest of Vic's assets? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More yelling at the TV as Abby ties Ben's feet first, and then takes her good old time tying his hands. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Boy, he's really going to be mad at her now!! :eek:

@Poirot, that is a very sad story about your mother-in-law burning herself; I hope she had a quick recovery! It sounds like she was using gasoline, which is just about the worst possible choice of accelerant. :(

Back