Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 14, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 14, 2015

Just a tad too much arguing going on today, in fact, more than a tad. JJ is conferring with Agent Watts, giving him some info he managed to get from Kyle's apt. (phone numbers??)Roman comes in, announces that JJ is done, cannot be used any more. Their surveilance team has noted that Paige Larson, JJ's ex, has been hanging around with Kyle Southern, which is why JJ is doing this, thus anything he gets is compromised. Kyle's lawyers will claim JJ planted evidence. and the argument ensues. JJ denies, the men insist, but finally, in the long run, JJ has gotten to the "inside" which Watt's team has been unable to do. Kyle calls JJ right then, he delays answering, the men give the O.K. and JJ is still on the case.

Meanwhile, Kyle has called Paige to hang with her, she puts him off, tells him to call her in an hour. JJ comes over, gives Kyle a list of his previous clients, comments that they could work together, JJ could handle this list. Kyle gets a phone call, leaves the room, JJ snoops a bit, finds nothing, but unlocks a window. Kyle returns, tells JJ to just cool it, but leave now, he has calls to make. He takes out a tablet or something..JJ goes out the door, mutters to himself outside "what is Kyle doing with paige's stuff".

Chad comes into the study, telling someone off on the phone. Stefano wonders if he will have to call Mr. Shin and apologize. They trade barbs about business practices, with Stefano telling him there is a difference between being firm and being petulant. Chad doesn't want a lecture, Stefano asks about Abby, urging Chad tyo go after her, she isn't married yet. Chad tells him This DiMera does not force himself on a woman, and takes off. Stefano laughs, mutters "Petulant".

Ben is about to enter a room, but hears Abby talking to Chad, crying because she loves him, but Ben is the father. Chad doesn't care, as it is her child. She talks of wanting to give the ring back, being only with Chad. He is stroking her hair, they are about to kiss....and Ben wakes up, all upset. He gets into the shower.
Jennifer has called Abby, who apparently just finished a run, wants to start making wedding plans, mentioning all the tons of different arrangements. Abby puts her off, they have not set a date. Ben comes out, the sooner the better he says. Abby hangs up on her mom, and now, though she is as nice as can be, Ben is abrupt, short with her, wondering why she accepted his ring, no he isn't upset about the baby. Before you know it, he wants to avoid a big wedding, have just a small something right away, go on a honeymoon and never return. Maybe Santa Monica. Abby is protesting, so is Ben. She remind him this is her home, but he is right back with how she lived in Europe, loves to travel, they can buy a house, not a small apt. etc. etc.

Adrienne is visiting Sonny, has heard about the bullies who harrassed Paul, Sonny & the guys at Victor's club. She gets into a big thing about Paul, who obviously still cares about Sonny, and Sonny himself, who seems to still care about Paul. Sonny said of course he still cares, but he loves Will, is married, etc. etc. They go back and forth, get into it about Adrienne & her affair with Lucas, no one is yelling, just wanting the other to be happy and not be in trouble.

Paul has called Will over, and confronts him about giving the private notes to Derrick. Will goes on the attack himself, still insisting Paul wants his husband. Paul denies this, knows the boundaries, they go back and forth, Will with his accusations, blah, blah, and finally Paul makes Will leaves. Paul paces a bit, makes a decision, grabs his keys and leaves.

Jen is in the square, on the phone, Paige overhears her talking to Abby about her wedding. Later, Paige is sitting with Daphne, spots Jen, calls her over, mentioning Abby's wedding. Jennifer confirms it , has to leave. Paige seems distracted, tells Daphne she has to go, will make it up to her later.

Chad sits in the park, alone, thinking, his phone rings, he sees it is Stefano, ignores it. gets up, comes face to face with Ben.

Will comes home, tells Sonny he has to tell him something, but hems and haws about it. Sonny says if it isn't a big deal, why don't you just spit it out, quit beating around the bush. Will comments how Derrick was so into Paul, came to Will for a few pointers, things to perhaps talk about. Will says he told Derrick a few things that Paul had told him, but never got into the article. Just some small stuff. Sonny wonders why Will is telling him this now.

Jen answers her door to find Paige, who goes on and on, trying to warn Jen, that JJ is hanging around with this drug dealer, Kyle Southern, is dealing again, who knows what he might do at the wedding. Jen if trying to keep her composure, and not tell, just saying she trusts her son, she already asked him after the last time they spoke, and JJ assured her nothing is going on. Paige starts ranting away, JJ might get arrested, cause a scene at the wedding, etc. etc. JJ comes in, shocked to see Paige, what is she doing there?

Abby is at the hospital, a nurse shows her the vase of flowers for her from Dr. Jonas, the card under the vase. She reads the cards, wishing the best to her & Ben, thinks it is so very sweet. She carries the vase into her dark office, switches on the light, and is startled. "Hello, Abigail" says Stefano.

I finally get to watch the show, and it is just plain BLAH! Definitely too much fighting.

Paige needed to be gagged or knocked out to shut up the know-it-all little twit.

Ben has turned into a Clyde in the making, and needs to be dumped by Abigail. At the same time, she's as much a liar and manipulator as he is. The only person I feel sorry for in that triangle is Chad.....sorry that the writers put him in such a horrible story with two crappy characters that is.

Just how is Ben going to buy a house somewhere? Has to think he can get money from Daffy Dearest, um I mean Daddy Dearest Clyde. (I really did type Daffy by mistake, but left it since it seems to fit.)

The Sonny, Will, Paul, Derrick junk has gone on much too long. Wash, rinse, repeat dialogue is just too boring.

heck, Ben was still talking of finishing college in Santa Monica, before getting a job, and then babbles about buying a house, and when Abby protests about everything being so expensive in CA, he pops up with how Daddy will definitely help out. Sickening, truly to hear him.

Decided to watch live again today and was so disappointed with all the fighting. I absolutely love Chad, though; his line about not "forcing himself on a woman" was perfect!!! Unfortunately, Ben is not as noble, and annoyed me just as much as Will and Paige did today. I really hope that Stefano can knock some sense into Abigail and convince her that just because it appears as though this is Ben's child doesn't mean she has to be with him.

I liked how Jennifer stood up for her son. I mean, of course she knows the truth about JJ, but I like that she was firm with Paige when she says she trusts him no matter what. Furthermore, I really am sick and tired of know-it-all twit Paige always claiming to hate JJ, yet always getting concerned with her and trying to meddle in his life. She needs to get over herself and leave Salem.

Speaking of leaving Salem, I'd be more than happy if Will did the same. His conniving has gotten old, and he's failed every damn time. This twit is no Sami. Maybe just as annoying, but nowhere near as successful in his plots (though, Sami's plots always were revealed in the end).

I wish, in some twist, that Stefano knows the DNA results were tampered with (maybe we could find out the tech is on his payroll).

I wondered on my blog post for the tampering episode if the female technician was the Dimera plant - because the only donors to the hospital in recent history are Clyde and Stefano, and while Clyde did discuss making a donation to prenatal testing facilities, he was extremely unlikely to insist on a meeting with Martin right at the time he wanted Martin to manipulate the results. Which left Stefano to do it, so that Martin would be called away, and female tech could come in and run the test instead. She might have changed the samples so Martin's second test is defective too, who knows?

Pure speculation on my part though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paige needed to be gagged or knocked out to shut up the know-it-all little twit.
Does she ever. As further proof that she's not playing with a full deck, she appears to be headed for a second year at dear old Salem U. What girl in her right mind would pass up Stanford to stay in a place where she can regularly encounter the hated ex-boy friend who once regularly boinked her mommy dearest?
Is this JJ's "redemption" storyline? It's really not believable and really annoying, too. Roman probably screams inside "What the hell???" 50 times.
Poor Roman probably has the words, "Dammit Watts" and "Dammit JJ" constantly running through his head.
Speaking of leaving Salem, I'd be more than happy if Will did the same. His conniving has gotten old, and he's failed every damn time. This twit is no Sami. Maybe just as annoying, but nowhere near as successful in his plots (though, Sami's plots always were revealed in the end).
OMG, is the brat boy ever no Sami. If she knew how her idiot son was conducting himself, she'd probably adopt one of her father's pet sayings and say, "Dammit Will."

Ick, ick, ick. Sonny's a dope, Paul's a moron (especially if he thinks Will is a good writer), Will is pathetic.

Again, Abby and Chad are only hot when they're apart. Ben's character is lost. He and Paige should fall in love and leave town.

Watts is terrible. We don't need him on-screen anymore. And all of these Roman/JJ/Watts scenes went in circles to end up at the same place. :rolleyes:

All this yelling...and again, this sudden rekindling of Paul/Sonny after months of resolution is a real...Travesty.

On the plus side...THIS IS THE LAST TOMLIN/WHITESELL EPISODE!!!

Last edited:
Back