Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 21, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 21, 2015

Oh, the John/Marlena fans are going to love this episode. Replay of Hope tenderly cleaning Aiden's face, and asking him to come home with her. They talk of this, but Aiden wants to be with her, in the bed she sleeps in every night, he gets up, obviously in pain, and they prepare to leave. Next, they are in Hope's bedroom, all we really see is the bed, Aiden wonders if she is really sure, this has to be hard for her since Bo left. Nope, she wants him, here and now. He takes off his shirt, big bruising in the stomach area. Later, Aiden comes outside (yes, the Brady porch), it is dark, and there is Clyde. Aiden knew he'd be out there. He tells Clyde he has had enough, Clyde wins, tells him the story he told the cops and Hope, says he will get amnesia in re: whatever he had found out about Clyde. However, that Don Corleone of the south is not satisfied, starts talking about what will happen to Chase, to Ciara, to Hope, those he loves, if he opens his mouth. Aiden says he doesn't have to keep threatening, there will be no word from him. Clyde accepts this, but notes that he still thinks there is something more to Aiden than he is showing.

JJ rushes into the house, is starving, no dinner is left. Jen makes him a sandwich. He tells her all about breaking into Kyle's place, the safe, the money, Paige saving him when she & Kyle returned. Jen is shocked, worried, but JJ figures this all shows Paige still loves him. He wants to do all he can to protect her, and if Kyle spills the beans and goes into witness protection, JJ thinks he has a chance to get Paige back. And all this while, Eve has been listening to every word, gets angry at this last comment, "not a chance", she mutters, packs up her purse and takes off.

Paige sits with Daphne, telling her some of what happened, how she was dating Kyle only to get back at JJ, but did not realize how dangerous Kyle is, he has a gun. Daphne is appalled at that, she had been urging her not to trust JJ again, but now wants her to break it off with Kyle, but Paige doesn't think that will be easy. She is now just sooo confused.

Caroline opens her eyes to find Victor at her bedside, surprising her. They have a lovely conversation, with her mentioning how he came out to CA to see her when she was in the memory clinic. Of course he came there, he wanted to make sure she was o.k. She is happy is there, grateful for his caring. Really nice conversation. He kisses her hand, leaves. Outside is Maggie, who guessed this is where he went. Caroline calls out to Maggie, who goes in to see her, will see Victor at home.
Caroline is so glad to see Maggie, and hopes she doesn't mind that Victor came to see her, he made her feel better, makes her laugh. Caroline is so happy Victor found Maggie, left behind all the floozies, and married her. Maggie assures her she & Victor both worry about her, they hug.
She goes home, Victor is at his computer, sending a message to someone about them taking too long. He closes the computer, he & Maggie talk a bit as he sips a drink. She goes to bed, he will be along in a bit. When she is gone, he opens the computer, finds a message saying the person ran into a roadblock, needs more time, and money. Victor frowns.

John & Marlena are at Vic's club, having this long conversation about him joining the ISA. He won't go, she is more important, she finally says if it makes him happy, she would not object. Some music starts up, she is surprised, then notices they are the only ones there. He gets up, asks her to dance. (awww, sooo romantic). Finally Rafe comes up, says he is sorry, but he does have to close the place. Marlena gets a call, has to take it, giving John a chance to mention something he has noticed....how long has Rafe had this "thing" for Hope. Rafe denies, talks of them being partners, watching each other's backs, that doesn't stop just because no longer partners. John just nods. Marlena returns, John says he doesn't want this night to end just yet. Then suggests a walk in the park, and if he plays his cards right, maybe his face will be next to hers when she wakes up in the morning.
In the park, they sit on a bench, talk of the beautiful night, and themselves. John can see she is hesitant, and talks of all he put her through, how she reached out to him so many times when she was trying to deal with Brady & Kristen, a few other things, and he knows he has a lot to make up for. She kisses him, he kisses back, and suggests he walk her home, and then he will go home. She smiles, he offers his arm, she takes it.

After they left, Rafe found John's date book, saw a notation "last day at Salem PD". He calls Roman, leaves a message saying he just isn't cut out to be a bartender, is there any chance of getting back on the force.

Aiden returns to the bedroom & bed, Hope stirs, he was gone a long time. He claims to have been looking for aspirin, his knee & jaw were really hurting, he is fine now. She nestles against his shoulder, closes her eyes, he strokes her hair, a thoughtful look on his face.

Thank you for the summary. I enjoyed about 80% of the show compared to 10% or less for most of the last 2 years.

For me, the best parts were John / Marlena and Victor / Caroline / Maggie.

Woohoohoo.....no Theresa, Ben, or Abigail. Could've done without Eve, too. At least she wasn't on very long.

I got to watch live from Wednesday thru today and I loved it. I can now watch while at work. YIPPEE!

I laughed out loud at Paige and Daphne when Paige revealed that Kyle has a gun. You'd think Paige had witnessed Kyle chopping up bodies in his bathtub. "Kyle has a gun!" :rotfl:

I was so happy to see the Brady house again!

When Doug kind of side-eyed Aiden when he first met him, I said a con man recognizes a con man. When Clyde said at the end of today that there was more to Aiden than they knew, I thought it again. Crazy recognizes crazy! Aiden is not the kind man he pretends to be. I wonder what more important things than Clyde trafficking drugs and threatening his loved ones does he have to worry about.

I wonder if Rafe is going to give Victor a 2-weeks notice lol.

When Caroline was remembering her conversation with Victor, I thought it may have been her longing for Victor, but someone pointed out that she may have actually been remembering a conversation with Bo. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

And Eve is ridiculous! She seems more concerned with JJ thinking Paige may forgive him than she is about Paige dating a dangerous drug dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
:OT: I know a few of the users here are on twitter, like JasonDi, so if you've seen some of my comments here in the DAYS tag on twitter, forgive me for being repetitive here. It's a hazard of commenting in two places LOL.

Caroline was on for the entire episode today, including before the opening credits. When is the last time that happened? She got more air time than Clyde did.

Loved the casual looks and light makeup on Jennifer and Hope. I'm tired of people sitting in their own homes dressed to the 9s!

So we got a fake bedroom but the real front door of Hope's house? I'll take it!! Now I need to see the rest of the house.

Eve: please move on! At least she only had like one line of dialogue!

Why were Rafe and John shouting at each other in the club? It was so obvious. Then Rafe continued to do it.

The Aiden/Clyde scene was just weird but I still have no reason to doubt Aiden. Like I said yesterday, I do believe he really loves Hope.

Line of the Day from Rafe and repeated by Marlena: It's better to drive down a rocky road together than to drive down a 4 lane highway alone. :love:

Watching the Dark Lord of Dixie strutting around town, threatening Aiden, I got to thinking that a little over a year ago there was another character roaming around town like the proverbial "cock of the walk." He was threatening people, boasting about how much power he had and nobody could stop him. His name was Nick Fallon. We all know how that ended up for him.

So I'm at the point now where I'm thinking let this dirtbag get even nastier and even more hateful if that's even possible. Because I think the time of reckoning is approaching; it might not be next week or the week after that but it's coming. The writing on the wall couldn't be any clearer if it were spray-painted in 144 size font with Day-Glo colors. It's coming and when it does it's gonna rock!!!!

On a brighter note, the Victor-Caroline scenes were very touching and John and Marlena were again the highlight

Last edited:
Fans of John, Marlena, Victor, and Caroline certainly were rewarded today for their long wait for truly good scenes. And miracles of miracles, there was the exterior of Hope's home. Even Willow Stark who almost burned the place down, and Philip who planted bugs there with EJ would be feeling nostalgic. Elsewhere, Eve continues to show why she's a complete idiot. By planting a bug in the sacred Horton clock, she's committed a felony. If Jenny finds it, she should keep her paws away, call the cops, who'll check it for prints, meaning Eve will eventually end up in Roman's jail. Only slightly less dumb was Paigie-poo who told blabbermouth Daphne that Kyle has a gun. She might as well shouted the news in the middle of the Town Square. Finally, Clyde must die. Even Stefano never threatened other people's children.

Even Stefano never threatened other people's children.
Well, there was the time he kidnapped the twins (Sami and Eric) when they were babies, kidnapped Carrie (when she was a little girl), tried to have Allie whisked away before EJ tipped off Kate (during the Rafe2 debacle). He's rather fond of snatching Brady children.

I really like Hope and Aiden together. I know I will be in the minority but I wasn't watching when Bo and Hope originally got together so I have no sentimentality for them.

Eve is ridiculous and is she seriously going to endanger JJ's life now that she knows he's undercover? In the minority here too, but I like JJ and Paige. :) and that says a lot because I used to hate JJ with a passion.

Will we eventually find out what Aiden did manage to piece together about Clyde? Clyde is just a bad, bad man. I was really expecting that Hope was going to be in the shadows and saw Aiden talking to Clyde.

Am with you on the Bo/Hope thing, macgyverswife. In fact, neither was on the show when I began watching, and then it was recast Bo, no Hope.

So Eve is so blind she cannot understand that her daughter is dating a dangerous drug dealer, JJ is trying, via working undercover with the DEA to put an end to the increasing drug problem in Salem, and protect Paige, but Eve is bent on destroying JJ. Ugh, and double Ugh.

Yeah, Clyde couldn't get any lower (at least not in a way that could be depicted on Daytime TV), but the rest of the show couldn't get much higher...all they need to do is tie up the Kyle/JJ/Paige/Eve mess and it will be FANTASTIC.

Bugs are entirely too easy to get in Salem. LOL (Ditto cryin about double posting...apologies, those who saw my tweet.)

Oh...those John & Marlena scenes... :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Loved the Caroline/Victor, Caroline/Maggie, and Maggie/Victor scenes.

LOVED THAT THERE WAS NO DANIEL!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I also loved the "thinks" Caroline had...actually an internal flashback but the same technology. Very nice, something we've been missing.

I don't know what's going on with Aiden, but I'm interested, and not hating anybody beyond the sleazy Childraping druglord...and it's been a long time since plots or characters were this intricate. He could be a con or he could just be (like Victor) playing smart and waiting to chop off Clyde's head. :)

Bo and Hope weren't on when I started watching either however, they returned shortly after I did. That was when we got the Cruise of Deception stuff. I have grown to love Bo and Hope but I also love Hope and Aiden together and really would like to see them have a long term relationship and potentially marriage. Bo abandoned his family and even before that, he did some pretty awful things to Hope(i.e. Carly in their bed).

So while I would always welcome a Bo return, he doesn't necessarily have to be paired with Hope. Aiden is one of the few characters that Tomlin/Whitesell got right.

We have been having a lot of storms lately - resulting in losing the signal. How did Eve gain access to JJ's & Jen's conversation? Isn't she the clever devil? I am glad there was only a short portion of the show with Eve in it! I hope Clyde gets "taken out". And. Soon.

Eve bugged Jennifer's living room on Wednesday by giving her a check for the Horton Center and pretending to need water. She placed the bug when Jennifer went to get the water.

She was actually on for the entire episode today. She just only had 1 line of dialogue.

Back