Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 21, 2015

The other day, she took a check to Jennifer for the Horton Center. She acted all choked up, remembering her own troubled teen years and asked for a glass of water. Jennifer fell for it, went into the kitchen for the glass of water and Eve planted a bug on the ugly clock that sits on the Horton mantle.

Since I'm on that four lane highway alone, today's show was very emotional for me
with John and Marlena, Victor and Caroline, and Hope and Aiden.....cry tissue.gif

It was interesting on today's show Eve was listening to JJ and Jen with the bug she left. And
when people were outside you heard bugs.

I wonder what Eve is going to do with the information about JJ working with the DEA.
Will she talk to someone and Clyde listens.

Nice to see the front of Bo and Hope's house.

You can definitely detect the new writing and it's fantastic. I really like that it kinda goes to a dead stop and black screen momentarily when they switch scenes. Also stories seem to be moving faster so I'm hoping the new writers aren't going to stretch out and dwell on storylines forever like the past ones did. Seemed like it would take a week for someone to pick up a pen. Just kidding, but they did beat a story to death.

Thanks for the summary. A beautifully-done show.

When I first started watching Days back in late-summer 2010, Bo was with Carly. I liked them, though later came to like Bo. Now, I'm a big fan of Hope & Aiden. I don't think at all that he's manipulating her, and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of the show trying to tarnish his backstory. The scenes with them today were great, and I'm so glad that they showed the Bo & Hope house. But I am also ready for Clyde to meet his demise.

I love that Rafe and the vets were all on for a long time today! All of the scenes were so well done, and it's been nice not having to deal with Daniel this week at all! I also thought it was great that Eve was barely on, though I'm still wishing her idiot self would just leave town, since there's nothing for her there anymore anyways.

I get why the teen set is being shown (since their story is connected to Clyde), but I'm sick and tired of whiny Paige. She needs to leave and can take Daphne with her.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

I have always loved Bo and Hope. I never thought I could see either of them with another person. But the pairing with Aiden/Daniel Cosgrove just works for me. I would rather seem them together instead of Bo and Hope. I think they have run their course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there was the time he kidnapped the twins (Sami and Eric) when they were babies, kidnapped Carrie (when she was a little girl), tried to have Allie whisked away before EJ tipped off Kate (during the Rafe2 debacle). He's rather fond of snatching Brady children.
Good point, JS. The difference between Clyde and the younger Stefano is that the Phoenix was sort of a revenge-obsessed, cartoonish villain who tormented the Bradys as part of an idiotic, pointless vendetta. He made a habit of coming back to life, and did some things that were scientifically impossible, such as downloading John's entire memory onto a DVD. Clyde has been written as a conventional mobster whose crimes are much closer to reality -- abusing his wife, beating his son, raping his step-daughter, terrorizing a nobody like lab technician Martin, and making ugly threats against those who threaten his criminal empire. This is why he's so hateful and viewers can't wait for the day when Roman locks him up or Stefano or Victor terminate him with extreme prejudice.

A Clyde-Brady engagement? That would be quite something. Imagine Jeannie T.'s reaction if she learned that the man she's been chasing all this time is really gay. And Victor's reaction if he learned that Clyde was about to become his grandson-in-law. The only member of the family who might be pleased by this is Xander. Victor might be so worked up about the awful news that he'd forget all about the misdeeds of the X-man.

Now, I'm a big fan of Hope & Aiden. I don't think at all that he's manipulating her, and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of the show trying to tarnish his backstory.

The thing is, Aiden's backstory has always been in question. He told the authorities that Meredith killed herself. You have the video Hope found that was made by Meredith who claimed that Aiden had been trying to kill her. Then Aiden tells Hope that Meredith was killed while trying to get a gun away from younger Chase. There are may who still don't believe Chase killed his mother. Aiden's history was set up with question marks and those questions still remain for some. The end of his conversation with Clyde in Friday's show kind of brought his history into question again and what he may possibly be hiding.

The thing is, Aiden's backstory has always been in question. He told the authorities that Meredith killed herself. You have the video Hope found that was made by Meredith who claimed that Aiden had been trying to kill her. Then Aiden tells Hope that Meredith was killed while trying to get a gun away from younger Chase. There are may who still don't believe Chase killed his mother. Aiden's history was set up with question marks and those questions still remain for some. The end of his conversation with Clyde in Friday's show kind of brought his history into question again and what he may possibly be hiding.

And what he may be hiding could be as simple as the fact that he is covering for Chase. Clyde doesn't know that yet. The show also has given no doubt yet that Aiden loves Hope. So why would he used her?

As for the "many" who don't believe Chase killed his mother, I see just as many if not more people who are supportive of the Hope and Aiden pairing and Aiden in general. I follow the show related tweets and am aware of what folks are saying on some of the other boards as well.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate between supporters of Aiden and Hope and non supporters of Aiden and Hope. My point is there are those, regardless of how they feel about the pairing, that feel there's some ambiguity in Aiden's backstory. And you're right it could be as simple as Chase killed his mother, end of story. But it could just as easily be that Aiden actually killed her or that there's some other element of Aiden's history that we don't know of. That's the point I'm trying to make and it has nothing to do with the pairing.

Imagine Jeannie T.'s reaction if she learned that the man she's been chasing all this time is really gay.
It would be the same vitriolic reaction she has for everyone, especially those who help her. Besides, since Tomlin/Whitesell are out, repetition is unlikely...and Jeannie already had an "interest" in a gay man, Paul.

tormented the Bradys as part of an idiotic, pointless vendetta
When Stefano was first on the show, there were no Bradys besides Roman. His vendetta was always against Roman, and then by extension, John and Marlena. Only later (around the late 1990s/Gina/Hope debacle) did this spread to the other Bradys. (At least that's how I remember it, please correct me if I'm wrong, as I was extremely young during Stefano's first few show runs.)

Eve bugged Jennifer's living room on Wednesday by giving her a check for the Horton Center and pretending to need water. She placed the bug when Jennifer went to get the water.
I could not believe when she bugged Jen's house. I think it was Julie that had the conversation with Eve about making a contribution because she had such a troubled time before. Then she shows up at Jen's is so teary. I was mad at myself because I bought! Should've known better. They need to fix her or get rid of Eve. She is a horrible person who apparently cares more about destryoing Jen and JJ than Paige being with a drug dealer! Ugh!

Dangit! Apparently I screwed up the quoting the thing so now it looks like Heather4CU said all that. Guess I'm just not that bright. :clap:Mine starts with "I could not" duh

edited to fix quote - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
However, in re: John....Supposedly Stefano got wise to the fact that his common law wife Daphne had an affair and a child she gave to her sister, thus Forest Alamain. When Forest's adoptive mother put him in boarding school to protect him, Stefano subsequently found him, managed to get him out, and thus the years of brainwashing, memory erasure & torture began. John became Stefano's Pawn. So....Stefano had no qualms about spreading his vendettas around. :)

True Poirot - but that was a later retcon (retroactive continuity/redo), not part of the original Stefano/Roman vendetta, when they decided to go with the John Black/Roman story. When John was originally Forrest Alamain, there was NO mention he wasn't the biological child of Leopold & his wife.

To put it another way...we'd never say that the writers in 1986 intended Drake Hogestyn's Roman to be an impostor all the time, because later writers (1991) decided to do that when Wayne Northrop was available again. :)

Back