Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 28, 2015

The whole time the dixiefried dirtball was talking to Marlena I kept waiting for a lightning bolt to strike him down or a meteorite to come crashing down on top of him. I don't know if anybody else has noticed this or not; but he really is NOT a very nice man. The charm is starting to slip and he's showing his true nature in his dealings with people which means the clock is ticking on his life exceptency.. tick... tick...tick.

Now I'm going to do something that's very painful, I'm going to kind of defend him by saying not only do I NOT think he's the killer, I don't even really consider him a suspect. For the simple reason that he was sitting in the club watching Chad and Serena. For him to be the killer or involved in anyway would just be easy, lazy and anticlimatic in my very humble opinion. In fact not only do I not thinks he's the killer I fully expect him to be one of the victims when all is said and done.

Now that we've established who I DON'T think did it you may be wondering who I think this murderous fiend may be. Well my friends. I've been contemplating that very question. And after thinking outside of the box I believe I know who the culprit may turn out to be. I think it's somebody that's been around for a while and we know. I believe it's someone who's been hiding in plain sight this whole time cloaked in cuteness and lovability.

I am going to predict the murderer will out to be none other then *wait for it*....

Arianna Grace Horton!!!!

Bank on it!

I thought it was a great show! I do understand that many are disappointed that the "big surprise" wasn't something else that they had been hoping for. But, COME ON!!! We get Patch and Bo back in the same episode???!!!!!!!!!!! How much better can it get?

Early in the episode Hope and Rafe were talking about an interview they had just completed. Hope mentioned the person's name once, but it was a little muffled. I never could figure out who they were talking about. Apparently the interview yielded disappointing results.

Great show.

I enjoyed the last few minutes with Kayla, Steve and Joey. Then Caroline
was telling her dream to Victor while Aiden proposed to Hope. Then we saw the
man in the cell. Is it Bo?

I kept thinking what Hope and Aiden talked about on Thurs. She wanted
to be sure her surprise was a good one and he said it would live up to the hype.
Foreshadowing :)

Interesting to see an older Joey. And why Ohio for a boarding school? I don't
know why Kayla wanted the school to call his friends. Doesn't she know
who his friends are?

Aiden was making a pest of himself. Why did he go to a crime scene? And
the numbers on his phone is that the time?

John wants to sell his Basic Black stock and he proposed to Marlena
sort of.

Lots of kissing on the show. Poor Roman he's still waiting.

Julie on three days in a row and did Maggie make a joke about the
house being a brothel?

I laughed when Chad told Abby don't work too hard.

dixiefried dirtball
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love your descriptions of the Evil One.

For him to be the killer or involved in anyway would just be easy, lazy and anticlimatic in my very humble opinion.
Normally I would agree, but the twist of him framing Chad and getting killed before the truth is out could make it worthwhile.

I didn't realise Basic Black had stock. I assumed John owned it outright. Is this new, or was the shareholder thing established in 2002-2006?

Great episode but I'll admit to being let down at the end. If that's Peter Reckell as Bo, WHY not show his face and really blow us away?

And I'd have put the Kayla/Joey/Patch scene at the end (failing Bo's face) - I knew it was coming but it still blew me away. That is good TV. That's a scene I could watch 20× and never get bored with!!!!

Finally got to see the show. I thought it was pretty good. Even though I had already read the recap and seen people's comments I loved the last segment of scenes. The look on Kayla's face when she first saw Joey and then Steve! Whoooweeee! This is gonna be good. Bring on Patch and his Sweetness! I also liked the back and forth with the Aiden proposing to Hope scenes and Caroline telling Victor about her dream and then finally Bo. Talk about a cliffhanger!

I'm absolutely loving the writing for John and Marlena right now. If there is an even better description than night and day to describe the writing for them now vs with the old writers I don't know how better to say it. I love that he is trying so hard to earn her trust and she is making him earn it. This works so much better than just the new writers coming in and saying everything is hunky dory. I'm glad they're actually telling the story and SHOWING them fall back in love with each other instead of TELLING us they are.

Right now Clyde is looking like the killer but it's probably not him because that would be too obvious and too easy. I did like the Chad/Abigail scenes today. I like that he showed concern for her and the baby. What I don't like is the fact that both he and Stefano seem to be taking this whole thing with Abby being pregnant as if she told them she just got a new puppy. Unless Stefano is just biding some time and already knew about it and knows that Clyde screwed with the paternity test? I don't know. I've never known a DiMera to just sit idly by while there's a woman out there possibly pregnant with an heir.

Okay, after seeing Aiden's text telling him to take the "usual precautions" and meet whomever, is it at all possible he is an ISA agent? It would maybe explain why he's pushing to get married to Hope before Bo comes back (if he knows that he is).

I loved the scenes with Victor today, both with Maggie (surprised myself with that one) and with Caroline.

Crime scene...seriously, first Eric yesterday walks into the middle of the crime scene and now today Chad and Abby are right there. It's no wonder SPD never solves a crime.

I also love the chemistry between Chad and Abby and the fact that everyone else calls Abby, Abigail, but Chad, he calls her Abby.

I was let down with he so-called "big reveal" (not a big Bo fan anymore). But the pacing, editing, and focus on vets for the show was fantastic. You can really tell that there's new writers in town!!! Love that Rafe is back in action, and that we got to see the Johnsons reunited at the end!!! Also am really loving Abigail & Chad. I thought Hope & Aiden along with Victor, Caroline, and Maggie were kinda filler, but nice to see nonetheless.

My new theory for the murder is that Clyde and Ben teamed up to kill Serena. Would make sense, given how they were both trying so hard to convince her that Chad was the killer, that Clyde knew Serena died an hour after the argument, and that they both saw Chad with Serena in the bar.

Watched the show as soon as it was over because I couldn't stand the suspense... oh, well. :(

The Abby/Chad, and Marlena/John scenes are too long, the former in particular. My humble opinion, of course!

I hate the new flashback/dream techniques; they are disorienting. Can do without "Sweetness," and "Fancy Face," too. :rolleyes:

I am still staying with Ben as the killer. I heard someone say it once (not here :)) and I have been sticking with him!

I have been loving all scenes with Chad, he's really knocking it out of the park.

Loved seeing Steve today!
Not loving Abby's outfit.
Uh oh JJ, you are not on Julie's good list! But she stuck up for Nick?

Thank you for the kind of words about my descriptions of the Dark Lord of Dixie Jason I do try. :)

I've reconsidered my earlier assertion regarding his possible involvement in Serena's murder does not preclude him becoming a future victim and indeed there would poetic justice for him to be done in by someone he thinks is under his boot heel.

Although I would still prefer that he be a red herring for the sake of creativity, if he's not and he is involved I agree it could be satisfying and rewarding.

I've been up all night and am not thinking too clearly so could someone tell me for what reason Clyde (or Ben) would want to kill Serena? I can't think of the motive.

I can't watch anything with Ben in it. I tried tonight but just had to skip.

I like Chad.

I'm not disappointed about the reveal of Bo. At this point I can take him or leave him. I'm a little bit interested in hearing his reason for staying away. Being in a jail cell seems as good as anything, except that maybe it gets over used. Either he was being held somewhere against his will or else he is a completely rotten person.

To throw Chad under a bus.

Clyde wants Abigail's inheritance (some land in Ireland her nanny is leaving her, rather than her own daughter, don't get me started on the stupidity of that), and in order to get to it needs her to be with Ben. Ben's not smart enough to be aware of this, but is having his own competition with Chad over Abby so I assume would be happy enough to go along with daddy's plan if it got Chad far, far away from Abby. Both of them would get what they want.

I don't think either of them actually knew Serena, but she was there and Clyde was watching them drink and I think she was just a convenient way to get Chad in trouble with the law ASAP.

Back