Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 28, 2015

I thought it was Stefano who wanted Chad with Abby for the land in Ireland? There has been nothing said in forever about that bug Clyde put on Stefano's chess table, and Clyde is not ever being shown listening any more, so either Stefano found it, it is gone..........or Clyde no longer cares. Thus Clyde doesn't know about the Ireland land. And again, if he did, I just cannot see him being interested enough to want it.

That is a thing the old writers left for the new writers to deal with...so we will see.

I do agree that Clyde would try and get Chad out of Abby's orbit completely, so I think he just loved telling Abby & Ben all about Chad drinking with Serena.

It's inconsistent writing about Abby's nanny. In one scene recently no mention of her having children was made and in another that followed a living daughter was mentioned. So the writers I hope stick to one backstory for this poor nanny of Abigail's.

I thought it was Stefano who wanted Chad with Abby for the land in Ireland? There has been nothing said in forever about that bug Clyde put on Stefano's chess table, and Clyde is not ever being shown listening any more, so either Stefano found it, it is gone..........or Clyde no longer cares. Thus Clyde doesn't know about the Ireland land. And again, if he did, I just cannot see him being interested enough to want it.

It's on the Horton mantel
:wink:

I thought Abby's nanny didn't have children? I thought the letter was sent to Abby via the nanny's niece?
Colour everyone confused. Originally it was the nanny's sister (6/30) with whom Abigail got in touch, then then on Monday Abby claimed she was talking to the nanny's daughter. Blame the writer switch, or blame a dialogue flub. LOL

I'm with you, Poirot. I can't figure out if we're supposed to remember that Clyde overheard that, or not. Lately it seems like Weston v DiMera chest-thumping is supposed to suffice for Clyde's position re: Abby. Granted, I usually hate when the writers slam something over my heads (like, say, by having a flashback of a plot point every 40 seconds), but in this case, it seems they maybe did drop the Clyde/Abby inheritance angle. ...?

Thank you, leebee. I know about Ben and Clyde wanting to rub it in Chad's face that he lost Abigail but I was blank about how killing Serena would benefit them. I was missing the fact that Chad would probably get charged with the murder, since he'd been with Serena on the drinking binge that night. (I have not yet read about or watched Friday's show).

The bug on the Horton mantel in the clock was planted by Eve. The bug in the chess table at DiMansion was planted by Clyde.
We have not seen or heard any conversation from Clyde about wanting the land in Ireland, or even that he knows about it. He has not been shown listening in except that first time....(when Stefano was yelling at the cook or something...which made viewers believe he knew it was there, so purposely was letting Clyde hear stupid stuff. )

No, we also saw him listening while Chad was hearing about the Irish land (July 17). And he flashed back to it, remember "the Dixiefried Dirtbag's" comment about not letting Ben let "all that money slip through" his hands (July 21)?

So Clyde DOES know about the money Abby's got coming to her...and knows Stefano wants it. Whether he remembers that now, or not, I guess depends on if the writers care about that angle or not. :)

Let's face it, if there had been a reveal of Bo, face and all, they couldn't put off having him on the show right away. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Clyde killed Serena...but I think he HAD her killed. I doubt he gets his own hands dirty much.
Good point. When EJ was launched into eternity, it was the turncoat DiMera flunky who fired the fatal shot, not the Poplar Bluff pervert. Regarding Chad, hopefully, Rafe won't fall for a frame-up. This would tarnish his grand and glorious return to the Salem P.D. As for Steve's return, it was almost as if he had never been away -- same haircut and black leather jacket. He looked as if he was ready to resume his private war against Stefano, help Shawn and Belle flee Philip, and do battle with crazy Ava. And his opening line was perfect -- a cryptic "it's been a while," which raises the issue of what will Bo's first words be to Hope when he gets back.

I seriously hope that after all this faffing around by Stefano and Clyde that when the nanny does die, the daughter goes "Stuff this, it's my mother and I've cared for her through her illness, I deserve to inherit MY family home and land!" gets lawyered up (at Dalton, Connery and Moore), contests the will, and wins.

Purely because watching Clyde and Stefano have tantrums about it would be amusing to me.

Oh, that is tooo funny. However, I don't think it is the family homestead that is being left to Abby, but some other land that the family owned down thru the years, passed on, etc.
Though why, honestly, the woman should leave it to Abby is beyond me. Not Jen, not a cousin, niece or nephew, or her daughter. Not even donated to the county for a park or something.

...the woman should leave it to Abby is beyond me. Not Jen, not a cousin, niece or nephew, or her daughter...
Again, the whole issue of does she/does she not have a daughter aside...she can leave her land to anybody she wants to. Kids are super easy to disinherit.

On the other hand, we don't really know how Bridget got the land. Perhaps it belonged to her husband, and he has no relatives.

I am still firmly of the belief that this is a scheme of Stefano's, to befuddle and distract Clyde.

That information was in the letter Abby got from the daughter.

But yes, it probably would make Clyde all that much more eager to get his son hitched to Abby as soon as possible. However, what if the land is just that..land. No oil, no gold or valuable anything. Maybe protected by law against being developed??

Back