Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 4, 2017

Thanks Poirot for the awesome summary. I so appreciate your time and energies!

I'm curious about the Victor/Xander/Sonny connection. Victor wouldn't fair well in prison!

I was a bit displeased when Chad told Gabi he was glad she was there. I don't think she should be there at all. Just my opinion. I'm loving the reconnection between Chad and Abby. Hope it continues slow and easy, with no amnesia!

Very sad for the Nicole/Brady story. Nicole should know better than to keep lying! Brady should know better than to let the "green-eyed monster" take over.

Love Steve saving Kayla (I'm sure he will) and interested in how they will handle the Joey/Tripp stuff.

I think the new writers are doing a rather bang-up job of transitioning DOOL back to an entertaining show!

Poirot, thank you for a writeup that made me feel like I was watching. I do hope to watch before the weekend is out because this sounds like such a good episode.

Tripp's changing of records didn't all take place after the fact. Hope came close to getting a lethal dose of something. If he'd had some kind of unexpected delay getting back to the hospital, she would have died.

Please don't let Abby have amnesia or go into cardiac arrest! Just give her a normal recovery.

I love the way Brady is playing Nicole; giving her plenty of rope.
The thing is, however, that Nicole is doing nothing wrong by keeping this from Brady. While it could be said that Nicole's forgiving Eric is a big deal, it's still only between the two of them.

Nicole should know better than to keep lying!
What is she lying about?

Last edited:
I really did enjoy this episode, love that we saw interaction between so many different people, but, guarantee you, made the summary a bit harder to write. However, worth it, as really good episode. Joey, slowly realizing, as his dad talked, that Tripp had said some things, which now made it even more plausible that he has been the one setting Kayla up. (Just sorry Joey was low key about each item!)

And yes, so what if Nicole forgave Eric. She is with Brady, not Eric. I hate that Brady questions her like he did, knowing she was not going to tell him where she went. He is the one who left her alone, did not want to watch the movie, yes, it was important to meet with Paul. Frankly, I am tired of Salem's characters wanting to "talk privately", but meeting in the middle of the square, where people are always overhearing, eavesdropping, etc. Same goes for the park. Ridiculous.

Back to Brady, he was guilty himself of withholding something from Nicole, when it came down to brass tacks. He went to Eric's, saw her come out, heard what she said, but hid himself away, and did not tell her. Is he any different?

Thought Chad's conversation with Abby &himself, while sitting beside her bed was very well done.

So...Tripp confides all his story to this cousin Angelo, that he doesn't even know, refuses the gun because he could never kill anyone........but is now holding a scalpel to Kayla's neck, threatening to kill her? Huh?

Last edited:
By the way, I am not understanding Tripp's thinking at all. He said she deprived him of his mother, having a family?? The Johnsons all welcomed him with open arms, have been nothing but kind & thoughtful, made him a part of their family, and yet he listens to the ideas of a gal who hated Kayla (Jade), a cousin who seems to be trying to protect the goings on of the Vitali Mafia family.

So while he has read the news reports, the hospital records, and the police files, he refuses to believe any of it, excusing anything Ava did because she made a couple of CDs while she was pregnant. She still allowed that baby to be given away, and never ever tried to locate him.

I know Ava was unbalanced, and that some of it was due to her father keeping her on pills, but Tripp was of sound mind.

Any man I know would be suspicious of Nicole's behavior, under the circumstances. As would women in a similar situation. If Nicole wants to be with Brady, she will probably have to give up the personal freedom that allows her to be "friends" with Eric.

PS: Maybe I watch too much "Maury," and "Steve!" :) :)

PPS: regarding the private talks, in Salem, I would meet in the middle of a football field, in broad daylight!

The fact remains that Brady is a jealous fool, and will be suspicious of anything and everything Nicole does. He claims to understand both Nik & Eric were under the drug's influence at the party, but she told Brady everything that happened. Sure, tis o.k., but really it is not. So he now doesn't like that she has to work at the Horton Center with Eric, she can see that, so she is afraid he will become even more unreasonable if she tells him of the letters, and forgiving Eric (which she knows she should have done long ago).

And she is right.......because he is behaving like a jerk, making mountains out of molehills, and for what?

So...let's say she tells him of the letters and forgiveness. Is he now going to do like EJ and put a bracelet on her, telling him everywhere she is every minute. Will he hire a detective to follow her. Lock her inside the house? Break it off with her? Make accusations like Victor? Sheesh.

KathyLu - I think Nicole is lying because she isn't telling Brady the whole truth about her relationship with Eric. AND she lied about where she went on her walk and why she was sad, relating it to Holly rather then telling the truth about Eric's letters. I just think not telling the whole story is lying. Don't like this story right now, at all.

If Nicole wants to be with Brady, she will probably have to give up the personal freedom that allows her to be "friends" with Eric.
No offense, A. Guy, but that kind of thinking went out of style in the sixties...at least! If that's the case, Nicole needs to leave Brady...yesterday! I don't know of anyone who would want to live that way. If she thinks it's bad now, it will be worse if/when she becomes Brady's wife. Frankly, I don't think Brady is worth it.

dtkssk, yes Nicole did lie about where she went, but the fact that she feels she has to lie about something so insignificant, is very telling.

RUN, NICOLE, RUN!!!!!!! Do NOT pass Go; do NOT collect $200.00!

KathyLu, you are absolutely correct about that old thinking, in theory. In practice, I have not seen the modern thinking work out very well. What we Spectators call "chemistry" often wins out. Most partners in a relationship (in my observation) are alerted by something as simple as a name being mentioned too often. I think it's in our genes, we can even look to much of the animal kingdom for clues.

PS: I have been telling Brady to run! :) :) :)

I'm so hoping the new writers will inject a huge dose of common scenes to the Salemites and
while they're at it, how about real normal reactions, thinking, behavior, and problem solving. Studies of human behavior do expose some really bizarre scenarios, but Salem residents are written as, to put it bluntly, really stupid. The DOOL characters are well educated, business savvy, upper class, intelligent people, so why are their reactions to problems written like their brain dead zombies?

I know I'm not alone at smacking myself on the forehead and yelling "what da' hell?", "normal people wouldn't react that way", at the TV when a really bad reaction is scripted.

Cases in point, Abby's ridiculous problem solving and Nicole's secret keeping so Brady doesn't get hurt stupidity.

Maybe I've lived a sheltered life, and yes it's a soap and I know there are literary embellishments, but geez Louise.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, I agree with both KathyLu and A. Guy. In today's world no one can expect that there won't be "just friends" relationships between men and women. However, it often can and does lead to disaster. Either the woman and man develop unexpected feelings for each other or a partner/spouse gets suspicious and causes a rift, as we see with Brady, and who knows--maybe Nicole and Eric are on their way to a spark they didn't expect? And we all know those sparks (feelings of attraction) are never to be denied, right? :rolleyes: I too have been telling Nicole to run. Brady's jealousy has already become more than a red flag. On the other hand, Nicole seems to shoot herself in the foot, no matter what her situation is, so maybe they each should run, unless they want to stay together and eventually end up slugging it out.

I agree with you too, Tobyj. How can seemingly intelligent and educated people act so stupid so much of the time? Once again I'll refer to my dad's observation on life: All the education in the world ain't going to do you any good if you don't have any horse sense. (I've never figured out the exact meaning of horse sense but in my upbringing, everybody knew it was a good thing).

LOL, OC...but true. The thing about Nicole/Brady is.....she was honest with him, and saw it upset him, & he reacted badly. So now, she figures if she tells him about reading the letters, which led to her forgiving Eric, then Brady will get even worse. But heck, he already is, and doesn't even know yet. Tangled webs we weave when deceiving and all that.

Tripp's story makes no sense at all. I'm with Poirot. He's supposed to be this smart, hard-working, determined kid with a good head on his shoulders. But now we have him taking the advice of an admitted crazy person via DVD and his mobbed-up mother's cousin over people he's interacted with on a daily basis for the last, what, six months?

Does this dope honestly think that the Johnsons have been pulling a long con on him? To what end? He needs to go to prison. Let's make him the Deimos doer.

Brady has been labeled as "stupid" many times on Salem Spectator. However, we on this side of the screen, see that Brady's jealously is sadly not unfounded. To him, Nicole's suspicious actions were real enough for his sixth sense to quickly kick in. I was married to a cheater, liar, and conniver for a long time, and abnormal, out of character behavior is extremely obvious if you're attentive.

But Nicole has not cheated, she has not resumed any kind of "romance" with Eric, she has not done ANY of it. Brady knows full well how much Holly means to her. Brady evidently is just very insecure, probably because of all his failed romances. Brady immediately was upset to hear what transpired between them while under the Halo influence, and she did not have to tell him. She did, was honest about it, and he still reacted badly, and has ever since.

Brady knows they were involved a long time ago, and this is his jealousy coming through loud and clean........he was involved himself, many times. And when one talks about stupidity, Kristen comes to mind..........the woman who was so in love with his father, who raped his priest brother, who stole the fetus of his own child from it's mother, and who he nearly married despite all she had done.

I agree with almost everything Poirot said. Except that I think that Nicole is doing the pre-romance dance with Eric. Sparks are flying, and they both know it. They profess innocence based upon technicalities. If they want to be together, "get'r done!" Brady will get over it. :)

Brady was a little boy when Nicole & Eric were together years and years ago. Ahhh, SORASing, don't you love it?

Guess you are seeing things between Eric & Nicole that perhaps others do not see A.Guy. Seems Brady does the same thing!

@Poirot
I wasn't implying Nicole cheated, at least not yet, but she is lying to Brady and he knows it so why wouldn't he be insecure. I balled all that together to make a point of having vibes to suspicious behavior. Anyone with as many bizarre and failed relationships as Brady would have pristine radar. Eric and Nicole have a romantic history we all know that and yes, Brady is leery. I would be as well if my love interest and his past love were thrown together. Add him finding out from Eric they ending up in the same bed and the kiss even though in a drugged fog. Come on now, wouldn't everyone's antennas be buzzing.

Last edited:
Back