Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 7, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 7, 2015

Zowie! Good show! Replay of Abby going into her office, breaking down & crying, Chad coming in, his hand on her shoulder, "what is wrong". (These scenes are all absolutely terrific..kudos to both actors!). Abby shakes her head, is still crying, and on Chad's shoulder as he kneels in front of her, holding her. Therein follows a long conversation, with Chad once again declaring his love, Abby telling him it is too late, it can never be, but only says it is because she is with Ben now. They talk of when Chad tried to push her away, but how he would never hurt her, she refers to his father always being there, he then makes an impassioned plea for her to leave Salem with him. He has his own money now, they can go where no one knows of anything in their past, they can be together, with no problems. She is crying off and on, no, it cannot be. She cares about Chad, but she is with Ben now. Chad's heart is broken (gosh, these two are so good together!) he sits down, accepts finally what she is saying, tells her that if Ben ever hurts her, he will break him. She says she knows Ben would never hurt her, ever.

Chad is now in the Pub, getting drunk. Marlena arrives, surprised to see him drinking so early in the day. He yammers about following her advice, telling the girl he loves how he feels, how he thought last night she felt the same, but this morning she dumped him. He evidently tells Marlena a lot (not who, though) and apologizes, saying he doesn't blame her at all, he may his own bed, now he has to lay in it. He takes out his wallet, says, well, back to being the SOB everything thinks I am.

Marlena runs into Kate in the square (where else?) both glad to see each other. Kate remarks how she heard John & marlena are working their way back to each other, suggests the 4 of them have dinner together. Marlena is puzzled, til Kate mentions Clyde as the 4th person. Marlena clams up, Kate mentions she is the only one who hasn't warned her about Clyde, then tries to get some info on Marlena's take on Clyde. She won't do that, but does say she knows Kate is very astute, and is glad she is taking heed of those who have said something. Kate looks a bit perplexed at that.

Ben is worried about Aiden dumping them both as clients, Clyde says not to worry, we are fine, lots of lawyers around. You just concentrate on Abby. Ben wonders why Clyde is pushing this so hard, Clyde says he only wants his son to be happy, and he is sure Abby is going to give him a positive answer today.

Brady has gone to Daniel's apartment to warn Nicole & Eric (no idea why he is there) about Xander being the new gardener at the Kmansion. They talk over why Victor would do this, Brady says to keep Xander close (explaining how Vic stripped all the $$$) but Nicole wonders if there is not something more. She tells the men about learning that Xander was up on a murder charge in Scotland, but Vic wrote a letter, getting the charges reduced to assault. Brady leaves, she asks Eric to stay a minute, then is concerned that Eric seems to be still clinging to some hope about her. He says no, he is at peace, loves her, but wishes both her and Daniel well.

Serena runs into Xander in the square, toting a couple bags of manure. They exchange a few insults, as usual, she lets him know she is leaving town, definitely, has lots to do.

At the Kmansion, Caroline is visiting, Theresa is whining a bit, Caroline calls her "Jeannie Theresa" (loved that!). Theresa goes on and on about wanting to be a family with Brady & Tate, Caroline reminds her he is still in love with Melanie, she gets ticked, Melanie is not here. They go to peek at Tate in the bassinet, Anne comes in, starts babbling to Theresa about Dr. Lee, not seeing Caroline, then notices her, babbles some more covering her tracks. Caroline has a headache that won't go way, so leaves.
Theresa assures Anne that her gramma loves her, not to worry, but she cannot just come barging in yapping like that. Anne tells her that Dr. Lee will keep quiet, is a lst year intern, needs money, etc., warns her that Daniel & Jennifer just may get wind of her little scheme, especially if Dr. Dan leans on Dr. Lee a bit. The gals decide to have a drink, Theresa goes over to the bar, (no crutches), starts pouring, sipping, is babbling herself, Anne turns, Brady is standing in the doorway. Theresa starts scolding Anne for moving her crutches, Anne retrieves them. But he only wants to talk to Theresa a bit later, he gets a business call, Anne scampers

Xander is at the front door of the Kmansion, the head maintenance guy reams him out for not picking up the fertilizer, sends him off in the truck for it. Xander is clearly not happy, is dirty, etc.

Caroline sits on a park bench, Serena comes along, Caroline doesn't want to talk to her, has a bad headache, someone has gone to get her aspirin. But Serena is leaving town, wrote a letter to Eric, would Caroline give it to him. Nope, he is done with you, and I will not. She stands up, is holding her head, says she is done with Serena, too, takes a step, and collapses. Serena rushes to her, calls for help.

Nicole arrives in the park with the picnic basket & blanket, spreads the blanket on the ground (gad this is so stupid, right next to the bench, lol) and she turns, there stands Xander. She looks a bit scared as they have a soap stare fest.

Brady finishes his business call, as Theresa hobbles in on her crutches. So what did you want to tell me. And Brady replies "I want you to pack your bags and get the hell out of this house right now".

Clyde is on the phone, telling someone to find all he can about Aiden Jennings. Kate overhears, asks why is he checking on his lawyer. Clyde asks why she is eavesdropping on his phone calls. Kate says she just happened to overhear. Clyde claims he is getting a new lawyer, Aiden doesn't seem to have the edge Clyde needs for what he has in mind. When Kate asks what that is, Clyde evades, telling her they should do what they came there to do....have lunch.

Abby meets up with Ben, who apologizes for leaving so early, and for proposing to her just before bedtime, he knows she had a restless night. He doesn't mean to be so pushing her, but has she reached a decision. She goes on about her bad habits, that could drive a person crazy (food in frig & cabinets arranged "just so", TV blasting, makeup everywhere) but he doesn't mind. He doesn't care about any of it, she can do it a zillion times, for the rest of their lives, but has she made up her mind. Will she marry him. She nods yes. He kisses her. Chad walks in, stops as he sees them. Ben is hugging Abby, sees Chad.

That is what bugs the blazes out of me. It is true. Allie Horton's mom was married to someone else, in fact, a couple different men. Ari Horton has two loving parents, but her mother is in Jail. You can go thru the family and find many who were raised lovingly by others than bio parents. In fact, I think Kim was under the impression that Victor was her child's father, while Hope also thought Patrick was the father of Zack.

I am betting Chad would love any child of Abby's, just because it was hers. Have to say, Can Clyde get any slimier? Bet he can........

In fact, I think Kim was under the impression that Victor was her child's father
Yes, Victor was presumed to be Andrew's father. He even went after full custody of the baby. Later, Andrew was injured and needed blood. At the hospital, they found that Victor was not a match, but Shane was. That's when they discovered that Shane was really Andrew's father.

But, Shane loved Andrew as his own (thinking Victor was the father). He even delivered the baby after a plane crash. There's a video clip where you can see him saying to Kim (with tears in his eyes) "we have a son". Plus, the baby was named Andrew after Shane's father.

Good show! Not great but good!

Why the hell does Anne put up with someone like Jeannie T? She is her boss for crying out loud. And I have to admit, Brady's line at the end was FABULOUS! I did not see that coming at all. I wonder if Caroline will also remember what Anne said at a later date.

RE: Nicole/Eric/Brady didn't Nicole already tell Eric about Xander being a murderer??? I thought she told him that in the furnacement. I didn't understand why he looked so shocked again when she was telling Brady. Don't these writers know what they wrote 3 weeks ago? But as intolerable as Nicole is right now, I liked the way she looked at Eric when Brady was still there.

Really tired of Kate and her horrible wardrobe. Her outfit today was awful. And I don't like Marlena with the huge crossbody bags--they just look really awkward. And it shouldn't take this long for Kate to realize something is off with Clyde.

Enjoyed the Abigail and Chad scenes. I also enjoyed her scenes with Ben, mainly because of her acting. Ben is very much naive when it comes to Clyde but I was glad he questioned Clyde's motives. He kind of reminds me of Austin in a way, sans the tracking the device of course.

I wasn't a big fan of Billy Flynn (Chad) when he made his debut, but I have to say he is a remarkably talented addition to Days. His emotional performances are, to me, so strong I wish I could reach through the TV set to hand him a tissue.

Last edited:
Okay what was that Abigail said, she puts half-eaten cookies back in the box? I'm thinking that maybe Ben should be the one who should run. :eek:

Seriously though, the worse thing Abigail could do for everybody involved especially the baby, is stay with Ben out of a sense of obligation. All this is going to do is take Ben further down the dark road they unfortunately set him upon. And he clearly is going to let his father do his thinking for him which drives me nuts. I just don't like the way this is going no matter who is writing it.

And I agree with Poirot the demented Dixieland Dark Lord can get slimier. I would say about by five percent.

Okay, I realize I'm pretty much :beat:with that one. So this is the last time I just saw an opening I couldn't resist. Thank you for understanding. :wink:

Thanks for the summary. I want to watch Chad and Abby but it may be too sad for me. I can't stand that she is going with Ben. I think it may come out later that Chad is her baby's father and she'll go to him, or she might go to him at some point anyway. Then she will be in danger from Clyde.

I'm interested to see what is happening with Caroline.

... Don't these writers know what they wrote 3 weeks ago? ...
No. No. No, they don't. LOL

I actually liked Chad today, but Ben also had moments of genuine sweetness. My dislike for both pairings in this triangle is the lack of reasonable development for both pairs. Chad and Abby are only the "rooting" couple when they're apart; and if they unite, I'm not looking forward to drama created by Stefano. Of course this development and "meet-cute" that Ben/Abby had today with their foibles should have been shown months ago, before the boinking started, so we might actually care about them as a couple. Just my take.

Now that Abby's said Ben won't hurt her, I'm sure he will, because these writers are hacks and they can't remember how they write their own characters. I hope they don't have Ben cross that line...but if they do, they can salvage him (but NOT Ben/Abby...NEVER) by having it revealed that his mother was unfaithful, which is why Clyde beat her, and them. Have him undergo counseling and give him a different daddy. Have him confess how Clyde influenced him and how he wanted to believe his father had changed. Keep him single for a long time as he works through his issues. And then, maybe, give him another romance.

That being said, I hope they don't turn him that dark. As excited as I am about the new writers, I have no faith that they'll look up Ben's early character traits. And I really, really would love it if Abby raises the baby independently with the dad as a co-parent, and lets romance happen later.

Elsewhere - I was truly shocked that Brady wasn't faked out!! How many times have we seen someone catch something "incriminating" and it was a fake out? Thank you writers!! I like being surprised.

We didn't see the flyer for the Bicentennial at all this week. :(

I wasn't a big fan of Billy Flynn (Chad) when he made his debut, but I have to say he is a remarkably talented addition to Days. His emotional performances are, to me, so strong I wish I could reach through the TV set to hand him a tissue.
I agree. I felt that they brought Billy Flynn on as Chad as a replacement for EJ. However, he won me over the week Marlena was kidnapped and he talked Stefano out of his revenge plan and saved Marlena from being killed off. I also like that she is available to him as an advisor and that he respects her opinions.

My problem with Chad/Ben/Abby is that not one of them is mature enough for them to be settling down or making any life altering decisions right now. Ben is being manipulated by daddy dearest, and has not made this decision about marriage on his own. Chad has been very immature in his relations with both Jordan and Abby, and although he has admitted that he loves Abby, he has a way to go before they can have any sort of serious relationship. Abby is making her decision right now out of obligation for her unborn child. Instead of making a choice right now, she should not make any plans with either guy and just plan on her pregnancy right now. As others have mentioned, Gabi, Sami, and even Chloe are not married to their baby daddies (neither is Theresa, but she wants to be), and the parents of those children have worked through their issues in order to ensure their babies are loved.

I felt so bad for Caroline today. She was not feeling well and kept mentioning a headache, yet Theresa and Serena were too absorbed in their own problems to notice how she felt, until she collapsed in front of Serena.

Hopefully, Brady has finally woke up to Theresa's games. Until they move forward with this story, there is no character growth for either character.

Yes, Anne was going on about how Dr. Lee was going to stay with the story, but when she saw Caroline she covered, and babbled on how Dr. Lee was aware he might be questioned by family about Theresa's ankle, and had agreed he would see them. Yes, Caroline did hear her, and left right after, talking of her headache. Anne was a bit concerned but Theresa was confident all was o.k. as her gramma loved her.

Sad to see Caroline fall at the end. I liked her outfit today.

Did Kate's blouse match her hair?

I cried when Abby and Chad talked. You could tell she wanted
him to be the daddy.

I hope Brady meant it when he told Theresa to pack her bags and leave.

Why did Xander have to carry manure on The Horton Square? Was
it something Victor wanted him to do so everyone knows in
Salem he lost everything? Very strange

heck, yesterday he was given a shovel and told a ton of manure had been delivered and he was to spread it. So now, he has to get 2 big bags, via the middle of Horton Square.............and then later the head of maintenance tells him to go pick up fertilizer??? Weird.

I thought the same thing re: Xander and manure in the mall. I could have jumped for joy when Brady told that twit to pack her bags and leave NOW! It's hard to feel sorry for Chad and Abby. They have both been stupid. When did Kate and Marlena become so chummy? I will be so glad when these stories are all wrapped up.

Back