Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 8, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 8, 2014

Sorry folks, but I had constant interruptions while trying to watch, so can only hope what I did get to see offers some continuity.

In Rome, Nicole is upset, questioning Eric about him not being a priest, why not. Eric is his usually grumpy self, only saying he can't be. She is bewildered, did all this now, and he isn't going back to the priesthood. He tells Nicole he hates her, she is yelling at him, reminding him that he accused her of rape, she forgave him, and now he is blaming her because he no longer has "a calling". He claims he is not the same man he was before. Nicole cries.

Aiden & Jennifer are having a meal in the Pub, with him telling her the lawsuite will be long and drawn out, is she up to it. She talks of being worried about her kids, but realizes that is what Eve wants her to do, so yes, go for it. Her kids will understand and be o.k. He mentions support from Daniel, she says don't go there, it is over, that ship has sailed.
Later Aiden runs into Brady, who stops him, apologizing for when they first met and he tried to take a swing at him. He is truly sorry. Aiden says it is o.k., we all make mistakes at times.

Jen is at home, with JJ having told her he is in love with Paige. He figures Jen will do the "you are too young", but she doesn't, surprising him. She is happy for him, being in love is great, and we don't get to choose who we fall in love with. Hugs.

Paige argues with her mother, says she has put off a year at Stamford, will take the year here so not to fall behind, figures it will help with the money. Eve has a fit, protests, but Paige is determined. Eve goes to see JJ at home, telling him of Paige's decision, realizing he did not know, but claims she wants to be friends with JJ, then makes a threat of sorts. Later Paige comes over, JJ at first tries to talk her into going to Stamford, but she already has notified them, she is staying in Salem for the next year.

On a plane back home, both Nicole and Eric occupy different seats, both looking glum. Her seatmate talks in glowing terms of Rome, and isnt' it wonderful. Nicole sighs....No, it isn't. A woman sits next to Eric, thinks she recognizes him, maybe from the news, says he is a priest. No, he is not a priest mutters Eric.

Daniel & Kristen argue back and forth in the supply room at the hotel in St. Louis. She taunts, threatens him with "when Daddy finds out". Doesn't bother Dan in the least. They blather about Brady, Eric, Marlena, etc. etc. Her thugs return, he muffles her voice, the thugs talk of the car still being there, and he has Daniel's phone. Somehow, Daniel manages to get the tied up and gagged Nicole out of that room, to a loading dock, and into the back of a laundry truck. More chatter between them about who she hurt, with Jen thrown in a bit by Kristen to annoy Daniel. She explains about how her time with Eric was not to hurt him, but Marlena. more of the same. I think the truck starts up and leaves. ???zzzzzzzzzz

Marlena runs into Theresa, questions her about when Brady "hit" John, but Theresa has told all. Marlena is still curious, but Theresa has to get to work. Anne tells her of Abby resigning, she doesn't know why, but Theresa doesn't care much. Anne is curious about that, asks is she is only concerned about John Black.

Brady is talking with Kayla, when marlena arrives at his request. Seems Kayla is gently and nicely telling them that John should be moved into their chronic care unit, but actually, perhaps this hospital is not the place for him, maybe a long term facility. Brady gets upset and leaves. Marlena wants to see John's file. Kayla understands, has to leave, tells her just to leave the file on the desk when she is done. Marlena pours over the file.

Eve bounces into the hospital, supposedly for her dr. appt. and sees Brady. She stops him, ignores his reluctance to talk to her, is all "perhaps he would like to talk, neutral party, no previous connections, etc. etc. Theresa arrives, hears Eve trying to make time with Brady and is not looking too happy.

This is about all I got....if I have missed anything important, please mention it. But all in all, was not all that intrigued by the episode. Poirot.

You got it all I think.

I was glad we got stronger Nicole who stood up to Eric a bit. I was proud of her. :)

I think Daniel will forgive Nicole first. He keeps defending her to Kristen so I think he's realizing that his anger at Nicole is misplaced. However, I don't like that they tried to make a parallel between Kristen and Nicole with Kristen's stupid little speech.

I enjoyed the Eve/Paige scenes. Glad its a deferment and not an outright rejection. I did that my first year of college for financial reasons so it made sense to me.

Loved Daniel's fearlessness as always.

Kudos to Arienne Zucker (Nicole) for her performance today. As for Father "Hate and Anger," he should either seek professional help or see Brother Timothy about a long stay at a retreat house. Meanwhile in the back of the conveniently-available laundry truck (which had no visible laundry bags) the level of Kristen's delusions continue to deepen. Not only does she think that she has a future with Brady, but she thinks that Stefano is someone to be feared. If so, that message has not gotten through to Kate, Sami, Mr. Shin, and the rest of the company board. Finally, Paige's decision to defer enrollment at Stanford for financial reasons was realistic. However, this development and Chad's non-appearance at Wake Forest should be a clear message to college admissions departments, even Harvard's: don't bother accepting graduates of Salem High: they will always choose to attend dear old Salem U.

These writers are living in the dark ages. According to them, it's Kate's fault Rafe cheated, it's Sami's fault EJ cheated, and it's Nicole's fault Eric wants to have sex with her more than he wants to be a priest. Someone needs to clue them in that it is 2014, and being beyond stupid does not excuse these idiot guys from taking responsibility for their actions and choices.

I loved that Daniel told her that she & her wimpy brother think they are so formidable, but when push comes to shove, they both say the same thing...."wait til Daddy hears". LOLOL

Oh that comment had me rolling. If he weren't constantly crammed down our throats, I think I could really enjoy Daniel.

Pretty blah episode but not a skip-through it one for me. Really bored by JJ/Paige but I like Paige's solution; however I also like Eve's motivation for wanting the best for her brilliant daughter. (I wouldn't mind a mention of why they're not looking to Shane for help, though...?!)

I really liked Kayla's office. Shows what can be done with a nice chair and desk and a minor redress of a wall.

A bore of an episode.

JJ and Paige...to think I wasted my time watching that when I could have taken an afternoon siesta.
Daniel's line about Kristen and her "wimpy brother" running to Stefano was :rotfl: and so was Theresa making fun of Marlena's "little feelings/intuition". The only things that made the episode worth watching. Otherwise, Eve, Jennifer and Theresa were pointless in this episode. I didn't like Kristen and Daniel having what looked like almost kisses...I wouldn't put it past the writers to have them somehow have sex at some point. And how stupid that Kristen thinks Brady loves her-I think he moved on a while ago. And she does not know the meaning of love, so no way does she still love Brady.

Nice to see Kayla and Marlena. LOL at Marlena thinking about Kristen...maybe her intuition only works for Nicole and Kristen but not for Theresa.

Good to see Aiden today. But I hated how he and JJ kept propping Daniel to Jennifer. I am so over it! It was nice to hear Jennifer say things are done between them but I sure hope Aiden's line about being her friend does not end up leading to something more...he belongs with Hope.

At least we got a break from Sami, EJ, Kate, Jordan, Ben, Rafe and Abigail. They were hogging too much airtime.

I enjoyed Kristen and Daniel. Kristen kept trying to rile Daniel,
but he came back with something else.

I wonder if Daniel has a cloak of invisibility. Daniel's room was
on the 6th floor. We don't know what floor the linen closet
was on. Somehow Daniel heard a truck and got it in
with Kristen LOL

Funny line goon to other goon "we need back up" :)

Sad to hear John needs to taken to a special unit for his care.
I'm glad Brady spoke up and they plan to wait.

I guess Eric lost his calling because he couldn't find it
in his heart to forgive Nicole. I hope someone will be
a friend to Nicole. She needs one.

I just said this in another thread but I'm enjoying the Eric/Nicole storyline. I just think these scenes should have happened 6 months ago and not now. Eric should have gone through this struggle when he first got with Nicole, instead of automatically getting with her after Chyka held them captive. I think either Eric is going to have a breakdown or one of them is going to get hurt by Kristen. Great dialogue and acting between these 2 today.

And would it hurt the show to hire some extras for the airplane??? No flight I know of between Europe and the US is empty like that LOL.

Kayla's office looked like that last week too--I commented on it. Big improvement over the blue walls. TPTB must lurk here. :) Kayla looked great as usual.

Nice to see Marlena getting more involved in this storyline. I hope she can help Brady too. I want him to start calling her mom again.

The Daniel and Kristen scenes were creepy. Let's hope this is the last of these isolated scenes with these 2.

Eve, Paige, and Jeannie Theresa's purse should make use of that airplane set and head out of Salem permanently. I don't think they'd be missed.

Maybe there is a service elevator connected to that supply/laundry room??? And that is how Daniel managed to get Kristen down 6 floors to the loading dock and laundry truck. LOL

Don't know about this one, but a lot of hotels/motels have their own laundry rooms with washers and dryers, and employees on duty to do the sheets, etc. every day. Just a surprise that one would "send it away".

I want Jeannie Theresa to get her punishment and soon. She has gotten away with enough. And I want Shane and Kim back in Salem to see her get it.

Also, how come John gets a long term care facility after less than 2 weeks in a coma yet Rafe had to lie in the hospital for months?!?

The thing is, so far, nothing has been said about the location of John's wound. And perhaps no one in the hospital knows or has given a thought as to the blow being struck by right handed or left handed person. Theresa said Brady did it, he doesn't remember, but knows he has given his dad a hard time, so figures he did. No question.

I agree about Marlena poring over that file. I truly hope she figures it out.

Maybe there is a service elevator connected to that supply/laundry room??? And that is how Daniel managed to get Kristen down 6 floors to the loading dock and laundry truck. LOL Don't know about this one, but a lot of hotels/motels have their own laundry rooms with washers and dryers, and employees on duty to do the sheets, etc. every day. Just a surprise that one would "send it away".
Good point. In the climax of The Fugitive, Harrison Ford as Dr. Richard Kimble took an elevator down to a hotel laundry room (which was filled with heavy bags hanging from racks) where he had his dramatic showdown with the evil Dr. Charles Nichols. Perhaps, the writers got the idea of a laundry truck from stories about men who have escaped from prison in such vehicles. It might have been more fitting if they'd borrowed a scenario from The Shawshank Redemption and have the Love Doctor drag Kristen 500 yards through a sewer pipe. A sewer and Kristen would have been perfect together.

Back