Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 19, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December 19, 2014

Not too much going on in Salem today. Will is working on the Paul Narita story when Sonny comes in, Will quickly closes his laptop. Sonny only returned for the keys to something or other, but Will confronts him..they cannot go on like this. But Sonny is really ticked. Will out and out lied about why he came back, but Will repeats that he really did miss Sonny. Yeah, but if you did not get let go, you would still be out there. Sonny again talks of how many times he called Will, left messages, and Will ignored them.Will again talks of being so busy, helping his poor mom and the kids get settled out there. Sonny isn't buying any of it, has work, leaves.
Will goes to the park to meet up with Paul, figured maybe Paul was anxious to get out of his room, and this place is private. (Oh, my gosh, there is an actual dusting of snow on the wonderful leaves that never fell off the trees in the fall, lol)Will has a recorder, wants more background, especially his love life. Brings up some super model Paul dated for a bit, pictures in Paris, but then they broke up. Paul says their careers kept them far apart most of the time, it was better. Besides, he is too young to be tied down, right?

Earlier, Paul came into the club, Theresa spots him, thinks he is looking for her. She takes him to a table in the back, where no one will notice him. She will get his coffee, is all flirty, etc, but Paul actually tells her that there is some one else, from his past, he doesn't know if it is still there, but he will have to see, thus nothing between him & Theresa. He leaves, as Abby comes in, He asks Abby if she got the check, yes, and thank you, yada, yada. He goes out the door, and she gives Theresa a hard time about Paul dumping her, but Theresa holds her own, telling her that it was fine, she herself will be moving on, and she guarantees it won't be with a barista!, She flounces off.
Sonny is asking Abby what that was all about, Abby gives him the Cliff Notes version, but doesn't refer to Paul by name.

Nicole & Daniel are kissing in the apartment, they kibbitz a bit, she wants a date with him, how about tonight. Nope, he has plans, tells her Melanie & he will be having dinner there with Eric & Serena. (takes him 10 minutes to get it all out) He suggests they still have that date, but after the holidays, as Melanie is really looking forward to a big Christmas with Parker. And by then, he will have had a chance to talk to Jennifer. Uh, oh, why? He thinks he should. And then Eric as well. Nicole assures him no reason, Eric cannot stand to be in the same town as her, so certainly not the same room, and he really doesn't care, neither does Nicole.
Meanwhile, Eric & Serena are having this big conversation about Nicole, with Eric telling her how Nik was the woman she bumped into, and how he caught her researching Serena later. No big deal, replies Serena, We all do that meeting someone new, let's get going, we don't want to be late.

Nicole is in the town square, talking to herself about Serena, vowing not to research any more, but curious as to what the woman has been doing the past few years. She dives into her tablet, but ...gosh, in addition to being so smart, Serena is very much a good person. Nicole's friend, Sally, comes by, Nicole bemoans her day, which has not gone well, mentioning how Eric is mad at her for looking up this gal. Sally suggests apologizing, Nicole mutters they are all at dinner together, then gets a brainstorm. And they will be for several hours. She gathers her things, tells Sally she is a genius, and takes off in that ugly befeathered coat. (wonder if the feathers drop off ever? lol)

JJ is complaining to Rory about Eve taking Paige out to CA, spills some soda on his shirt, sends Rory for paper towels. He takes off his shirt just as Abby & Melanie comes in from shopping...Awkward moments. He gets another shirt on, Melanie comes back from wherever she was hiding til JJ got decent, babbling as usual, and now Rory comes out, muttering he couldn't find paper towels, but got these (I think they are paper napkins) instead, and sees the girls, spills the napkins all over the place.
Abby & Melanie leave, Rory goes on and on about the good looking women in JJ's family.
Melanie bumps into Eric somewhere (the hall??) carrying a big plastic tote, with something or other for her father. Sorry, but she babbles so much and fast, I have no idea what it was. (maybe the makings for a gingerbread house...she said something about peppermint sprinkles or something) We see Serena & Eric at Daniel's door, invited inside, lots of small talk, with Melanie at one point encouraging Serena in a whisper about Eric and offering to help her. Serena isn't sure Eric has dealt with either the priesthood thing, or Nicole either.

And then, out California, where Eve produces her fake tears, telling Paige how Grampa is sicker than they thought. Dr. Green talks about aggressive treatment with antibiotics, leaves them to talk privately in his office. Eve now really pours it on, they cannot leave, if anything happened to granddaddy and she was half way across the country, she would never forgive herself. She talks of Paige transferring to a college there, doing her finals for Salem U. on line, and then being able to transfer to Stamford in the fall as she planned. Paige is shocked at all this, especially when Eve starts talking of just going back home to pack up Paige's things and coming right back. Paige realizes Eve doesn't inten for Paige to go back, Eve knows Paige would not want to leave Kim all alone.

Paige is back in her room, calling JJ to update him. JJ is flustered, will come out there. No, he can't. He gets morose...if y ou are not coming here, and I can't come there, are you breaking up with me? Is this good-bye?
Eve is telling Kim how great that Daddy Shane is going to be fine, makes up some tale about having to go back to Salem to get a copy of that suit settlement (she claims she is going to sell it) for some lawyer, is leaving Paige there, will soon return, they will all have Christmas together. She asks Kim not to mention Shane doing well to Paige, as yes, there is unsavory person back in Salem she wants to keep Paige from seeing. Kim asks if Eve seriously wants her to lie to Paige.

And sorry folks, but at this point....NBC broke away for the presidential news conference, as he is about to leave on his 17 day vacation to his home state of Hawaii. It was 10 minutes to the hour.
If anyone got to see the last 10 minutes, and can fill in....thank you in advance.

P.S. Just learned I may be able to get those last minutes on another NBC station in about 20 min. If I do, will be back. Check back at a quarter past.

Well, did not seem to be worth the wait. Really did not miss much at all. Eve continues to con Kimberly, claiming that ever since Paige's father ran out on them, she gets very upset at the thought of losing someone else. Kim protests that Shane is going to be fine, Eve claims she told Paige that, but she just finds it hard to accept. Best thing, not to talk at all about Shane's illness while they are all there. Kim agrees, is so happy they will all be together, despite Theresa being unable to get away.

Paige tells JJ on the phone she doesn't want to break up, but is going to be out there longer than she thought. JJ promises he can wait. Someone is knocking on Paige's door, she has to go.

Melanie is promising Serena she will help her with Eric any way she can. Serena says fine, tell me all you know about Nicole Walker.

Nicole has called the hotel, claiming to be Serena and forgot her room number. And later, we see her in the hall outside the door, carrying a flowering plant. A bellboy (??) comes out of the room, closing the door. Nicole smiles, just the person I wanted to see. I have to get in that room.

I can't believe Melanie actually told Eric she's "more adorable than that" (they bumped into one another in the hall and she was being her cutesy clumsy self with her gingerbread house supplies). Who says that to someone??

Thanx, Poirot, I was going "cold turkey" about those last 5-10 minutes...I figured it was enough time for an Atom Bomb to go off...although the writers just wouldn't know how to put one together obviously. I think that Kim is going to cave in an tell Paige the truth....or at least I should say that I HOPE SO!!!!

Who says that to someone??
Our very own ditzy Betty Boop....

Here is the thing about Melanie.....If you ever hear that I am in Salem Hospital, PLEASE do all you can to make sure THAT nurse is never anywhere near me. Just gather together and guard the door to my room. LOL

I am sure Sonny was upset with Will, but do not agree with his attitude toward him. He goes on about his problems with the club, but I think there is more to it (Paul). I do not remember him even talking to Will about the new club. These two need to put all of this behind them for the sake of Arianna.

It was fun to see Rory on today and how he practically made a fool of himself infront of Mel and Abby.

I have said it before, I'll say it again : Friday's cliff-hangers are not what they used to be.

But, before that, let's see...

Abigail : what a little, snotty hypocrite ! So SHE does not mind her own business, proceeds to go insult Theresa at Club TBD (stupid, stupid name), totally unprovoked (for once, Theresa was doing nothing to Abigail) then acts all innocent and insulted in front of Sonny. :angry:Oh, and here is idiot Abigail, reminding Theresa of the confidentiality agreement, by doing what ? Saying Paul's name (Paul Narita) so that pretty much everyone in the club, including Sonny, can hear. :rolleyes:

Serena, Eric. Right now, I don't care. I think Serena is too perfect, and I have the feeling Nicole will indeed find something wrong with her. Though I do wish Nicole would not care and would let Eric be. If the fool gets taken in by a not so nice woman, I say let him get what's coming to him. And right now, I'm afraid that Nicole's snooping around like that might ruin what's starting to happen between her and Dan. I like the guy with Nicole. I think they're fun together. Though I don't know why Daniel would want to tell shrew Jennifer about him and Nicole. Really, it's none of Jen Jen's business. So I'm afraid TIIC are still holding on to the (terrible) idea that Jennifer and Daniel are the end game. Just as maybe they think (also terrible) that Nicole and Eric are also the end game. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Will : He's definitely his mother's son. Sonny was absolutely right about him only talking about himself when he did manage to call Sonny. So, Will, man up and stop with the "But I was helping my mother and the kids after EJ's death" mantra. It's getting as old as Sami's "He's changed" and "He's the father of two of my children". :rolleyes: Now, back to Paul, I'm still interested to see where this goes. Unfortunately, right now, Paul and Sonny have more chemistry than Will and Sonny. Of course, that's because of the writing (I know, I know, Kathy Lu :wink: ), still, these writers are doing a good job at making me very, very disappointed and disillusioned about Will and Sonny, who used to be great together.

Eve, Paige, JJ, the doctor, (poor Kimberly stuck in that insipid storyline) : I DON'T CARE ! (Sorry for yelling)

And lastly : Melanie ! OH, GROW UP ! YOU'RE NOT ADORABLE, YOU'RE JUST PLAIN ANNOYING ! (Again, sorry for yelling). I hope she remembers what Nicole did to save her baby butt before she proceeds to talk about her to Serena.

Oh, Sway, you just reminded me........Abby told Sonny that she got an e-mail from Gabi, who is really upset that Will has not brought Ari to see her since he returned. Sonny fires off a text to Will, to get back here NOW, it is about Arianna. Will cuts the interview with Paul short. (Egads, Paul truly IS flirting with Will like crazy)

I still don't think Paul knows who Will is. I think today was him trying in his own weird way to see if Will is gay. I think his optimism with Theresa about maybe still having a chance with his lost love Sonny is mostly because Sonny gave in and called Paul right before Will showed up. That phone call was enough to keep Paul hanging on to the tiniest of hope that he could get Sonny back.

Eric still has his panties in a bunch because Nicole Ewe Searched Serena. Nicole is a reporter, that's what she does. Even Chase is Ewe Searching people! Like Nicole said, he needs to get over himself. (Why did DAYS have to go with Ewe).

Does Daniel have to clue Jen in to him maybe, possibly, dating Nicole? Him even mentioning Jennifer's name should've been Nicole's cue to get the hell out of that apartment.

There's no more painful infliction to bear than having the screen overrun with Daniel, Melanie, Paige, and Eve on a Friday.

I am sure Sonny was upset with Will, but do not agree with his attitude toward him. He goes on about his problems with the club, but I think there is more to it (Paul). I do not remember him even talking to Will about the new club. These two need to put all of this behind them for the sake of Arianna.

Sonny hasn't been able to tell Will about the problems with the new club because Will wasn't answering Sonny's phone calls when he was in LA. He tried repeatedly to get in touch with him to let him know what was happening, especially when he found out he needed $200,000. In Wednesday's episode, he brought up the club while on the phone with Will and Will cut him off because Zoe walked in.

Think about this. Sonny was in love with Paul but Paul effectively chose his career over Sonny. Will chose to go LA for a 6 month assignment, didn't call or return Sonny's phone calls while there, and would still be there had he not been fired. I think most of Sonny's anger is due to his fear that the same thing that happened with Paul will happen with Will, he'll choose his career over Sonny.

On a bright note, it was wonderful seeing Kimberly again; she looks fantastic. It's too bad they couldn't get Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) for these appearances. Would have been nice to see Shane with his granddaughter and daughter.

Okay, I know that Abigail doesn't like Theresa for good reason but was it really necessary for her to get in Theresa's face? To me that's bullying behavior no matter who does it. Plus I'm glad that Abigail is staying in touch with Gabi via e-mail but wouldn't it have made more sense for Gabi to e-mail Will about him not bringing Arianna for a visit since he's been back rather then Abigail? And just how long has Will been back anyway? That whole thing left me confused.

I'm with Melanieh the first words out of my mouth when I first meet someone are about how cute as a button I am. Seriously I'm starting to understand people's annoyance with her, when she was first introduced wasn't she kind of a con artist? So shouldn't she come off as... gee, I don't know... smart? I just don't see how anybody could be taken in by her.

Can't someone shoot Eve?!
OMG, yes. Let's call Stefano to see if he can handle it. Elsewhere the grinches were spreading Christmas bile. First, there was Ms. Perfect gratuitously dumping on Jeannie T. Can Sami come back for just a minute to take this creature down a peg? Then, we had sourpuss Eric dumping on Nicole to Serena. Good work, Mr. Ex-Priest, that's really charitable of you. As for Will, he's showing that he's even worse at journalism than screen writing. What reporter starts an interview with a star pitcher by asking about his love life??? Finally, Rory better stay away from Nurse Betty Boop. One evening with her, and he'll feel worse than if he'd smoked some tainted pot.

It was a delight to see Rory today. I don't think he stands an ice cubes chance you-know-where with Melanie, but with these writers...who knows? Let's say a collective prayer they don't go there, please.
I do believe Little Miss Serena might not be all she's made out to be. She IS Melanie's friend, after all. And we all know how stable and grounded her other friends are (Abigail, Brady...?)

Back