Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 2, 2016

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Gabi and JJ are at the Salem Inn. She gives him the rose. Both are dressed up (Gabi looks stunning in a red Herve Leger dress). JJ has set up the room for a romantic night. They kiss. JJ has been waiting a long time for a night like this. Gabi says “me too”. They toast to second chances. JJ asks about Adrienne and thinks it’s cool Chad is watching Ari. JJ tells Gabi that Chad unloaded on him and told him how lucky he is to have Gabi. JJ knows Gabi and Chad are good friends and apologizes again. Says he will never take her for granted again. Gabi says she was hurt but she could never walk away from what they have. They say I love you, more kissing and then fall on to the bed.

JJ has a flashback to making love to someone else but we don’t see her face. She does have long dark hair and looks very muscular from the back. He stops kissing Gabi and sits up. JJ tells Gabi he loves her and is grateful she is there with him. He says he told he blacked out in Miami but now he just had a flash of remembering. JJ hates that this is happening during their perfect night. Gabi likes that he is being honest but she is clearly angry. She says they don’t have to discuss this again but JJ says what if it happens again? Gabi asks do you want to remember who she was? JJ doesn’t care who the woman was and she means nothing to him. Gabi is everything and her forgiveness is the greatest gift he’s ever gotten. He loves her. Gabi says show her. They kiss again and fall on to the bed.

Jen brings Abigail food. Abigail is playing with an ornament she bought for Thomas last year. Abigail talks about missing birthdays and holidays. Tells Jen she misses her angel and needs to see him. She asks Jen to go get him. Jen says if she wants to see her son, she needs to go over to the DiMansion all by herself. Jen continues to encourage Abigail and she keeps saying she is not ready. Abigail begs Jen to get Thomas and Jen caves if Chad says it’s ok. Jen thinks Abigail won’t want to let go of Thomas once she holds him.

Chad is staring at the bouquet while Kate is talking business. She thinks he’s not paying attention but he is. Kate asked what Gabi is up to and Chad says she is on a date with JJ. Explains they reconciled and he’s happy for them. Kate doesn’t believe him. He thought it would be too soon for him to have feelings for someone but he was wrong and he thinks he does. Chad thinks he is being disrespectful to Abigail. Kate tells him he needs to move on for him and Thomas. Chad still loves Abigail and Gabi is her best friend. Kate claims that as both a cheater and a cheatee that nobody moves past cheating that quickly. She mentions JJ cheating. Again encourages Chad to go after Gabi.

Chad brings Thomas in to the study as he didn’t want him to wake Ari. Jen comes in and notices Lulu the Elephant. Kate asks who Lulu is and Jen explains it was Abigail’s when she was little. Jen says she needs grandma time as she’s been thinking about Abigail. Chad is hesitant but Kate says they have a lot of work to do. Chad wants them to stay in the guest room but Jen wants to take Thomas home. Kate says it’s a good idea. Chad finally agrees. Note that Thomas is staring up at the boom lights while Jen holds him.

Justin and Lucas still fighting (mostly shouting back and forth but a little shoving). Adrienne can hear them. Justin does know Adrienne picked Lucas. Marlena comes over and threatens to call security. Adrienne falls out of bed and an orderly helps her back to bed. The guys tell Marlena about what happened to Adrienne. Marlena goes to see what she can find out but threatens to call security again. Adrienne doesn’t need the idiots to make it worse for Adrienne.

Marlena goes to see Kayla and tells her about the fight. Says she’ll have a mutiny on her hands if she doesn’t give the family information. Kayla has ordered a second series of blood tests. Marlena can tell Kayla is concerned about more than stress and Kayla says she thinks Adrienne is too but is hiding her fear. Marlena asks if it has to do with the BRACA-1. Kayla doesn’t know since she cancelled her last appointment. She just wants to get the results back.

Marlena comes back out to the guys and tells them no news. Orderly wheels out Adrienne and wants to make sure the noise she heard earlier wasn’t “you clowns”. They say they were just worried and Marlena confirms. Adrienne has to go for more tests and Justin offers to go along. She says no. Adrienne is tired of all the tests and thinks she’ll go home tonight. Lucas doesn’t think so. Marlena goes with Adrienne instead and Adrienne tells the guys not to kill each other.

Coatless Jen comes home with coatless Thomas. Abigail is excited. She holds Thomas and hugs him. Note that there is now a crib in the Horton living room and Jack’s picture is no longer there. Cute scenes. They talk about Lulu. She apologizes for missing his birthday and for not being his mommy. Jen says it’s not too late she has his whole life to make up for it. Thomas cries, Abigail freaks out saying “it’s happening again”, and Jen calms her down. Abigail rocks Thomas to calm him. He continues to cry and Abigail says this is why she left she didn’t want to hurt anyone. Jen tells her it’s ok and tells her how to treat him. Abigail rubs his back and he stops. Group hug. Jen and Abigail put Thomas down in the crib. Abigail is unsure of herself as a mother. Jen tells Abigail about how Chad didn’t trust her and he came around. Says Chad will do the same for her. Abigail thinks she needs to go back to Laura’s. Jen says what about Thomas. Jen yells at her that she needs to be his mom. Doorbell. Abigail hides.

Rafe and Shawn are now with Kate at the DiMansion. Note it is halfway through the show. Chad comes in. Rafe wants Stefano’s access codes to his computer, phone, email, etc. Chad wants to know why since Hope confessed and Kate says they suspect there is more to the story. Rafe cant say more but they are there to find out the truth. Chad will do what he can but after this he wants to be done. He is tired of living in the past. He goes out and comes back in with the information. He asks them to leave and Kate wishes them luck and assumes they won’t be targeting Dimera Enterprises anymore. Rafe says we’ll see. Shawn tells Chad for what it’s worth Abigail would be glad he is doing this. Shawn apologizes and they shake hands. Rafe and Shawn leave.

Justin brings sodas to Sonny and Lucas. Peace offering. He says he was out of line earlier. Lucas apologizes for punching him and Justin said he had it coming. Justin says he deserved it for trying to take away his bride. Lucas says no way he could have. Justin doesn’t see a ring on his finger. Sonny stops them and says no more fighting in front of Adrienne. They all agree.

Marlena and Adrienne are in Adrienne’s room. She is getting antsy waiting for results. She wants to know what Marlena said to keep the guys quiet. Marlena says she gave them a look. Now Adrienne claims she didn’t tell them her decision yet?! Next scene Adrienne has told Marlena her decision. Then cries about the gene. Marlena talks about skipping the mammogram. Adrienne was busy the hospital was busy. Marlena thinks she lost the ability to make a decision when she opened the BRACA envelope. Marlena says Adrienne seems unsettled. Adrienne is crying.

Kayla is on the phone with the lab. Asks if Adrienne's results were double and triple checked. We see her open the results on the computer. She clicks on an envelope on the screen.

Shawn and Rafe are now in the interrogation room reading Stefano’s emails. He liked to put poetry in his emails. Shawn says it’s a lot of information to peruse. Rafe has all the time in the world and won’t give up until Shawn’s mom is out of prison.

Jen brings Thomas up to the attic. It was one of Jen’s reporters at the door. Jen asks Abigail if she wants to keep sneaking around. Jen says Chad and Thomas love her. Jen asks if she will be ok with saying good-bye to Thomas tomorrow. Abigail hugs Thomas.

Chad and Kate are in the DiStudy again. He brings in a plant from the greenhouse. It’s Gabi’s favorite.

The guys will do whatever they can to take care of Adrienne. Marlena and Kayla come in from separate directions. Kayla goes to Adrienne’s room, everyone follows, and Adrienne is gone. Ends with the 5 of them staring at Adrienne’s empty bed.

Good job, Healther, thank you. I missed the whole lst half, and evidently a scene or two in 2nd half. LOL on DiStudy.......good one.

:OT: When I began doing summaries for Early Edition, the one guy, Laney, was the one who began DiMansion. I guess instead of saying The DiMera Mansion, it was shorter to write DiMansion (sort of like the Brooklyn depicted young guys in old movies would say Da...instead of the. LOL) So Laney started it, I really got a kick out of it, so still use it. So I love the clever DiStudy. Ha :back:

And now, it is wayyyy past time for Abby to go home, and reveal herself to her husband. It has become super annoying to me to see her still reluctant, and especially to go ballistic just because Thomas cried a bit. Heck, he cried when she first had him and took care of him.

And so Adrienne took off? (hopefully, she is in the bathroom, or something easy.) Maybe they should check and see if her wedding dress is still there.

Thank you, Heather. You made the show sound much more interesting than iy actually was.

Loved the look on Lucas' face when Justin handed him the can of pop / soda (which ever name you all call it .....pop here).

I still haven't decided about New Abby. Her scenes with Jen are just wash, rinse, and repeat. I need to see her interact with people other than Jen, Laura, and Andre. We could basically repeat the dialogue from one of those conversations to another. The writers aren't being very creative with it.

If Abigail doesn't reveal herself to Chad soon, and he finds out about her some other way, I'm not sure he is going to be so forgiving. All of this time elapsing is allowing him to fall more and more for Gabi. Why would he not be very angry at Abigail, Jennifer and JJ? Andre is surely not going to gain any points with Chad either!

And so Adrienne took off? (hopefully, she is in the bathroom, or something easy.) Maybe they should check and see if her wedding dress is still there.
Maybe, they should check Jenny's attic, the new home for Salem's dysfunctional women.
If Abigail doesn't reveal herself to Chad soon, and he finds out about her some other way, I'm not sure he is going to be so forgiving. All of this time elapsing is allowing him to fall more and more for Gabi. Why would he not be very angry at Abigail, Jennifer and JJ? Andre is surely not going to gain any points with Chad either!
Agree, OC, but this is Salem where all sins are forgiven for certain people. Besides, if Chad doesn't forgive attic-dwelling Abigail, he knows he'll be on the receiving end of classic Jenny rant.

Elsewhere:

Kate on cheating. She ought to know. Perhaps, she should write Guide to Cheating in Salem, which would be right up there in sales with Dr. McScruffy's blockbuster, Guide to Tabletop Surgery.

Stefano's Poems: A collection would be another sure winner for Salem University Press, and perhaps the subject of a course to be offered by the Salem U. English department.

Marlena's comment that Lucas and Justin were acting like children: If the real Ciara, Lauren Boles, had been there, she'd have said, "Even kids on the playground don't act this stupid."

Where's the dog-gone (being nice here) "meds" for Abby? Maybe, just maybe, Andre can solve this! Either have her go completely bonkers (as in residing in a pretty padded room) or get her head back on straight-- asap.

This pale, waif looking, semi wacko, Abby just is not making for good viewing. Get it together or get moving on out of Salem.

Is there any "new" young women on tap, beside Gabi? I'm not keen on the pairing of Chad and Gabi.

Thanks, Heather.

Good point about Jen and Thomas didn't have a coat. Did Jen even pack
any of Thomas' things to take with her to her house?

I thought Marlena and Kayla looked out the door to a hallway.

Adrienne left
fast after Marlena's visit. I hope she got dressed and isn't running around
Salem in her hospital gown :)

Is Kate always bossy to Chad? She seemed to encourage him to let Jen take Thomas
for the night.

Today is Flashback Friday and JJ had one at the wrong moment.

I really enjoyed the Gabi/JJ stuff. This is the type of stuff we should have been seeing for months already. The girl with JJ looked much bigger than Jade so I doubt it was her.

The Lucas/Adrienne/Justin stuff is even more confusing now. At the beginning of the show, Justin acknowledged that Adrienne had picked Lucas. That is also consistent with what we saw yesterday. Then at the end of the show, Adrienne told Marlena she had made a decision but had NOT told the guys yet. Here's where bad editing or inconsistent script writing will get you. I'm not sure which one it is in this case. I thought today's episode flowed fairly well aside from Rafe and Shawn popping up halfway through for 2 minutes of air time.

Nice use of both Kayla and Marlena today. Though Steve was inexplicably absent all of a sudden, I like it when we see half of a couple doing non-couple related stuff. And I'm glad we finally saw Marlena for the entire episode and not just as a pop up.

The Abby/Thomas stuff was really nice but this is getting a bit over the top now. I'm glad Jennifer is pushing her to reveal herself.

It seems like the show continues to cut scenes where Shawn is related. We know they cut Shawn/JJ stuff last week. I would guess they also cut some Shawn/Rafe stuff today. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to treat the son of Bo and Hope Brady like this, especially since his mother is in a front burner story. Shawn is in the right age range that the show is sorely lacking right now, is a detective, a brother, a son, a father, a partner, etc. yet they continue to write him as a glorified extra. He should be front burner on this show along with Belle, Philip and Chloe. I think that Brandon Beemer (Shawn) has more than proven he has the acting chops to be a lead on this show. Too bad TIIC just don't seem to get it.

Did Jen even pack any of Thomas' things to take with her to her house?

I noticed this when Chad came over for Thanksgiving as well. He was empty handed. But I'm pretty sure Jen has a full nursery set up. That's where JJ put him down.

I thought Marlena and Kayla looked out the door to a hallway.

From the initial angle of their backs, it looked like bathroom tile. But when they showed their faces, perhaps it was a hallway. I know when Sami shot Bernardi, that doorway led to a bathroom.

Like you Heather I also enjoyed Gabi and JJ scenes as well. It's like I've been saying for months when they actually give these two scenes together they work. But what a time for JJ's memory to start to return huh? I wouldn't have blamed Gabi if she had stormed out but I'm glad they didn't go that way. Once again this gives me hope that my couple is finally going to start getting a bit of equal time I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

I don't know if anybody noticed it but the camera actually caught Thomas's face during his crying jag that was causing Abigail such distress and the baby was totally content. LOL

It looks like Rafe and Shawn are working on the that Stefano committed "suicide by cop" theory. I can get behind that because I've always felt that's exactly what he did. But there are two problems I see: the first being in the absence of any recording of Hope and Stefano's final confrontation how do you prove such a thing? And second I don't know if that really helps Hope all that much. I mean yes Stefano was sadistically taunting her but she still pulled the trigger when all he was doing at that moment was talking mean.

I suppose if they are able to find enough circumstantial evidence to back the theory that Justin could possibly argue extenuating circumstances and get Hope a more lenient sentence. But I don't see it exonerating her completely. But I'm probably applying to much real world logic here. After all my darling Gabi ended up only serving fifteen months of a ten-to-twenty year sentence on the basis of an apparent typo the judge made in her sentencing paperwork. So anything can happen.

Last edited:
I think JJ is going overboard with his honesty mission. It's one thing to confess to Gabi about cheating on her while drunk in Florida. It's quite another thing to stop in the middle of making love and telling her of his memories. This does nothing but spoil the mood and keep his infidelity alive in Gabi's mind.

But I'm probably applying to much real world logic here. After all my darling Gabi ended up only serving fifteen months of a ten-to-twenty year sentence on the basis of an apparent typo the judge made in her sentencing paperwork. So anything can happen.
:rotfl::rotfl:
Sounds like a snooze! I was taping a marathon on another channel so didn't have room on the DVR for Days today, even though I wanted to see the resolution of the Triangle. Glad I didn't use up the space, since it was less resolved today than yesterday.:eek:

Back