Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 30, 2016

Yeah I remember Paul and Lani meeting at the Edge of the Square and it was one most awkward and chemistry-free scene I've ever seen. I mean Paul was out so I don't think they were supposed to have that kind of chemistry but still it was painful. LOL

As far as today's episode goes I liked the scenes between Gabi and Abigail. Now I might be a bit biased here but I believed Gabi was sincere about not standing between Abigail and Chad. Now if that will actually last I don't know *I hope so" but it looks to me that at this point it looks like the one doing the pursuing may be Chad. If that's that the case I just want her to stay strong.

The Arianna scenes were adorable. The only thing is I don't think Arianna actually said those lines because both times she "spoke" the camera was focused somewhere else. And I just love it when Ari bonds with her great-grandma Kate. :sarcasm: I mean for crying out loud Kate didn't even acknowledge she even knew who the child was! :sigh:

As far as Gabi's reaction to Lani being the one JJ slept with in Miami is concerned, I don't know I think she's entitled to be startled that it was someone she was acquainted with. I mean JJ told her he didn't remember the woman's identity so I don't see the point of her being "mad" about it. Unless she jumps to the conclusion that's Lani's identity was another thing JJ wasn't being honest about. Please don't do that Gabi.

To use a term that was first introduced into the lexicon in the great 1993 film The Fugitive this whole Lani and JJ thing feels "hinky" to me. I don't buy that anything happened between them. I don't know why Lani would want JJ to think something happened but something's off here and I don't trust her.

Last edited:
I thought Gabi was sincere today, and showed a lot of patience by submitting to Abby's questions about Gabi's relationship with Chad. I don't think Gabi has any intention of getting between Chad and Abby, but one or both of those two are probably going to stick her right in the middle.

I am happy that Paul and Sonny are giving into their feelings.

I agree something is hinky with Lani and JJ. They were fully clothed in that picture. Doesn't prove a thing. But yeah, I don't know why she would want to pretend something happened. Maybe she was super drunk too and doesn't remember either, but just assumes?

I am not a big Chad/Abigail fan. I do not think they are each others true loves. But that's just me. I haven't warmed up to the new Abigail yet so that probably doesn't help. And she is definitely not stable. She acts like Chad should just be happy she's alive and forget that she faked her death. That was a pretty bad thing to do to your husband. Of course I don't like him and Gabi either. Gabi needs to stop being so judgmental with JJ. She was all hot and heavy on the couch and in bed with Chad. thisclose to doing it. And dumping JJ again, I'm not so sure she will give up on Chad.

Oh forgot about Stefano being alive. Now had the actor not just died they would be getting my hopes up that he was coming back. But I'm not liking this story. Stefano needs to be really and truly dead. Maybe the 2nd DNA test was messed with? I hope it's just someone that looks like Stefano.

Along these lines, got my Soap Opera Digest and they have big article of all his co stars remembrances of Joe Mascolo (Stefano). Really sad. I liked him, so sad he is gone. Apparently he was just a big teddy bear. Plus they have a year by year of Stefano's doing which was interesting!

Now had the actor not just died they would be getting my hopes up that he was coming back.

These scenes were taped 6 months ago when Joe Mascolo (Stefano) was still alive. So anything is possible. In my opinion, I don't think the show would try to lead us down this path if he weren't alive. They've proven repeatedly that they're not good at shocking us so I didn't expect any major twists this time either.

Yeah I know they tape WAY in advance but I'm still hoping he's dead. Of course seeing Joe Mascolo (Stefano) one more time would be nice. But then they cannot recast Stefano. So I don't know. We'll see. Gotta get Hope out of jail anyway possible. :rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back