Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 10, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 10, 2017

Have to say I did not care for much of the episode, until the very last scene.....a jaw dropper!!! Gabi tries to wake up the unconscious Chad, who finally comes to, she then scolds him for even attempting to "defend her honor", the guy could have killed Chad, then what would she do? Yada, yada, blah, blah. She gets a bit chilly, dons her jacket (by the way, she has bare feet..no shoes) and now she has to sit and go over their past relationship, how she is happy Chad & Abigail are back together, are a family,. how is the past they both told each other they loved the other, but that is ended, how her head knows all this, but her heart still loves him. He understands, loves her, too. Both are talking rather matter of factly. He comments that he never understood how anyone could say they love two people, but he does now. He loves Gabi, and he loves Abigail. He does talk of wanting Abby, getting his marriage and family back together. They finally both talk of still being hungry.

At the hospital, Eduardo is with Dario, going over what Deimos had done to Dario, and saying how Deimos is going to pay, big time, after they get Gabi back. Dario is unconscious, Ed leaves, and Abby arrives, just as Dario is coming awake. He says he is o.k., not too bad. She mentions Deimos kidnapping Chad & Gabi, Dario did not know, Dad did not tell him, he begins pulling off all his monitor cables, a machine seems to go off, but not a soul comes rushing in. Oh, well, Salem Hospital, what do you expect? She protests, but he is determined to go find his sister, knows a guy who could possibly help.

Next, Dario & Abby are with Myron, Dario orders him to get that thing working so they can locate his sister, Myron goes to the bathroom, Dario collapses in Myron's chair, but claims he was only out of breath. He gets up, goes round the desk, but collapses again, this time out like a light. (By the way, throughout the show, everyone is talking about Deimos wanting the key, no one knows what it is, so have no idea what he is talking about.

Now, over to Prague, replay of the discovery of Stefano being gone from the cell. In the office area, the others are all happy as clams, cannot wait for Stefano to be locked up in Salem, they all did good, yada, yada. In comes Steve, Rafe & Paul with the bad news. The Prague cop will look at the CCTV footage. Rafe is having a meltdown, yelling, totally upset. Everyone tries to calm him down. They have the fingerprints, DNA, pics, and they all talked to Stefano personally, plus testimony from Prague police. Hope will get off. The Prague cop returns, says the TV footage shows them all talking to Stefano, but then the film goes black. More jabber. Steve & Paul go off to recheck that footage, return, realize the camera was being controlled by outside source, so Stefano had help.Steve though has checked with Resnick, informed Shane, all the ISA and interpol are on the lookout. Alas, later they learn about the private plane taking off from private airport, no flight plan, they will not be able to trace. During all of this, Sonny gets a phone call from Kate about Chad & Gabi, and insisting he come home, talk to Deimos. Marlena has called the airport, the private plane is ready. Steve, though, wants to stay behind an extra day, check on something. Kayla playfully reminds him of a wedding on Valentine's Day, he would not miss that for the world. Kiss.

Back in Salem Kate sits with Andre, who is bemoaning Stefano deceiving even him, letting him mourn, spend time in jail, after all his sermons on family being everything. Kate understands, mentions she loved him once, Andre still does. And now talks of not losing Chad, who got him back into the family, he is so grateful for that. He gets a call, goes off, Eduardo arrives. He & Kate talk mostly about Dario being beaten, should make full recovery, but worried about Gabi. Kate thinks Andre might be of help. Andre returns to the table, they all talk, think perhaps they need a 3rd party, one not directly involved, to talk to Deimos. No, not Victor.....she suggests Sonny. He is Chad's friend, is a Kiriakis, is sensible and reasonable, could get to Deimos. They agree, she goes to call Sonny (see above) tells him what is goin on back in Salem, urging him to come home. Sonny is definitely upset, and agrees. He tells Paul not to say anything, but Deimos has kidnapped Chad & Gabi.

While Kate in on the phone, Andre & Eduardo talk alone. Andre has an idea. What if, when Sonny returns, they take Sonny hostage, have their own bargaining chip. They won't hurt Sonny at all, just ....an eye for an eye.Eduardo mulls it over, mentions the Winterthorne Academy had a special course in hostage taking. He will get the ball rolling, takes out his phone. Kate returns, has learned from forensic accountant son Austin, that he traced their missing DiMera funds to a bank under another alias name Stefano is using.

Back to Prague, the group all leaves for the airport, and the waiting plane, except for Steve. He next enters a hotel room, where we see a man in a blue shirt, just his back & shoulders, who appears to be exercising. Big grin on Steve's face. Well, you are a master, aren't you? We did it! The man turns around, It is Shane (unless it is Drew??) Steve is grinning from ear to ear. We did it. Our plan worked like a charm!

My fast forward button got a workout today! I like Chad and I like Gabi but their scenes were a complete snooze fest. It was plain to see they were filler. (in my opinion)

Kate, Andre and Edwardo were ok scenes.

But the end with Shane? And Steve? All I can say is, "what the blue blazes was that??"

Good for a Friday cliffhanger!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT? I am so confused! So Stefano is not alive? So Hope really did kill him in cold blood but everyone has worked to get her off? But they said they took DNA from this Stefano. Oh no, they won't change a DNA test now will they?:sarcasm: I guess I didn't pay attention that Shane was not around when everyone was going to see Stefano. The middle half on mine was interrupted for a special report. Not sure I really missed anything.

Chad/Gabi/Abby - honestly I wish they would bring on a new character for Chad. I just remember the history of them all and their previous relationship. I don't think Abby or Gabi is his true love.

We are all gonna be guessing this whole weekend, (if they tell us on Monday, will be a miracle!)...but....

it could be that they DID have Stefano originally. And after they got the DNA, the fingerprints, etc. they did the switcheroo...whisked real Stefano out, replaced with Shane Donovan in disguise (if that was the case) ....or maybe the switch happened after all the Salemites said their piece. Stefano could have been put in shackles, taken away to make sure he did not disappear again.

Reference is made to him having diabetes, AND colon cancer.

I'm not sure I really understand what occurred. I haven't watched, only read yesterday's write and today's so hoping it is clearer after getting caught up.

Chad/Gabi/Abby - honestly I wish they would bring on a new character for Chad. I just remember the history of them all and their previous relationship. I don't think Abby or Gabi is his true love.
I thought Chad and the first Abby were a good match. I don't see any chemistry between new Abby and Chad but there are fireworks between Gabi and Chad. I think the scenes with Stefano were shot before the actor died. It was definitely Stefano. I liked that they honored Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) at the end.

Great and shocking cliffhanger indeed. I'm also wondering if it is Shane or Drew though I think it's probably Shane.

On the other hand, what an AWFUL twist! This resolves absolutely nothing even if it does get Hope off. They truly have thrown most characters on this show under the bus in order to make Hope look good. That's not how it works. And now Shane and Steve committed a criminal act? I also think Marlena and definitely Kayla are in on it as well based on how they were reassuring Rafe earlier. I'm so annoyed!

I'm also annoyed that Sonny did not tell Rafe about Gabi. That phone call was the best shot at tying Prague and Orwell together yet they continue to keep Rafe isolated to Hope.This was a chance for him to move on to Orwell and the case. I hope Ed or Dario tell him next week.

Gabi and Chad too boring and too much. And I don't buy for a second that Chad Dimera would suddenly fall for someone else so easily after everything we've seen the past couple years with him and Abby. It's clear where they are trying to go at least in the short term with Chad/Gabi and Dario/Abby.

For once, I liked Kate's outfit. Andre not so much.

Back