Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 10, 2017

Sorry to sound like a cranky naysayer, but the whole free-Hope/Prague plot was dumb and the sudden, last-minute twist was even dumber (unless there is an explanation forthcoming). Stefano, a truly distinctive character, played by the masterly Joseph Mascolo needed a better exit than this. Speaking of dumb, Rafe was hardly at his best at the Prague police station, doing his best to fill the role of the overbearing, obnoxious American visitor. Why did he think that the Phoenix's apparent escape was unbelievable? After all, escapes are commonplace in Salem. Even a total dunce like Owen Kent got away and hasn't been seen since. Back in Salem, slimy Dario joined Salem's ineffective walking wounded, succeeding only in sending the hapless Myron to the men's room before collapsing in a heap. Finally, will Deimos please send Chad and Gabi some Bradyburgers, clam chowder, or some Wanchai Ferry entrees. Watching them exclaim how tasty their meals are might be more interesting than yet another discussion of their relationship.

We don't know that Steve & Shane committed any sort of "criminal" act. We really do not know the extent or time frame of Shane pretending to be Stefano, if, indeed, that is what he did. We really do not even know that.

Frankly, I don't know how a Stefano fake beard would have fit over Shane's real one, or even a wig over that mop of hair.

But I suppose one of those rubber or plastic whole face/head things would have done the job. But then, as I said, so far, we really don't know what the blazes happened. Which is why it truly is a great cliff hanger, at last!!! LOL

It was a surprise and I was confused at first!

I also wished Sonny told Rafe about Gabi - what a disconnect!

And Chad and Gabi - snoozefest. I feel Chad is teasing Gabi a little bit. I wish they would have brought up JJ's name.

I was at least glad that Andre was told. Whether or not he knew anything before, that is another story.

Frankly, I don't know how a Stefano fake beard would have fit over Shane's real one, or even a wig over that mop of hair.
The same way all of Sami's long blond hair fit under the wig to play Stan. :)

DAYS%2003-29-05-1.jpg

That was my other issue with the Chad and Gabi scenes. I hate that JJ has been thrown under the bus to accommodate this sudden "love story" between Gabi and Chad. I liked Gabi and JJ and we never got to see their full potential. Maybe Joy Wesley, Chloe's little sister, could come to town as a medical intern or something.

Loved the surprise with Shane and Patch at the end of the show.

The Gabi and Chad scenes just made me angry with both characters and the writers.

Sorry folks, I see zilch in the chemistry department between these two or between Chad and the new Abby. Chad and the last Abby had chemistry out the wazoo.

So Andre and Eduardo are going to compound the problems by kidnapping Sonny. Stupid is as Stupid does.

So it looks like the Prague trip was an elaborate ruse to get Hope out of prison. My theory: Stefano did die last year when Hope shot him. Shane was impersonating him yesterday when everyone had their say with him and that is why he did not speak (while it was actually the actor Joe Mascolo we saw yesterday, on the show it looks like it was Shane all along dressed up as him). As someone else mentioned in this thread, Marlena probably had the key which was in the chess piece that Shane used to escape.

So Andre and Eduardo are planning to kidnap Sonny to use as a bargaining chip to get Chad and Gabi back. What they don't realize is Deimos doesn't care about Sonny the way they do about Chad and Gabi and would most likely not do anything to get Sonny back. I also wish Sonny had told Rafe about Gabi. Rafe is too isolated in Hope's story and needs to be there for his family as well.

I'm not sure what Dario could do to find Gabi when he's collapsing after checking out of the hospital. Also, why didn't a nurse come rushing in when he took off his hookups and the monitors were beeping?

I hope Shane and Steve didn't pull a fast one just to get Hope out of jail. Will we find out
more later about their plan? We were told someone that looked like Stefano left on a
plane. Maybe it was Stefano and he got away again.

robin, I enjoyed Eduardo's line too. I laughed.

I liked Kate's outfit too.

I'm glad Sonny told Paul what was going on. That might be important later.

So Uncle Rafe is out of town, Uncle Dario is in the hospital, Grandma Mami is gone, Grandpa Eduardo is with Great-Grandma Kate, Great-Grandma Marlena is out of town, Grandma Sami is on the run, so I guess Ari is with Grandpa Lucas or somewhere? Oh I know, she must be upstairs with Great-Great-Grandma Caroline

This resolves absolutely nothing even if it does get Hope off. They truly have thrown most characters on this show under the bus in order to make Hope look good. That's not how it works. And now Shane and Steve committed a criminal act? I also think Marlena and definitely Kayla are in on it as well based on how they were reassuring Rafe earlier. I'm so annoyed!
I'm furious. As to the comment, "That's not how it works," we must remember that Dena Higley has her own rules for hacking. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I hope when the new writers start they execute Hope and we learn that Shane and Steve are DiMera clones. Then we'd get another Steve/Kayla wedding.

If you remember when Shane first came back to help Jeannie T, he met up with Steve in an alley. But we never heard what they discussed. They just said they had to help Hope and then that was all we saw. And a lot of us questioned why he wasn't more visible in Prague. I bet he was there the whole time masterminding everything.

I suppose there still could be another twist on Monday but I'm not holding my breath.

You know, headwriters don't have carte blanche for their stories. They have to submit or show their storylines/ideas to higherups. I really don't know where this is all headed, but if Days truly intends that it WAS Stefano killed by Hope, and this all was just a set up to get Hope out of prison, then I definitely lay blame on Corday, and whoever at NBC/Sony overlooks Days/ approves/disproves whatever goes on.

Plus there are the producers as well. Shame on them all. As much as I do not fault Hope for snapping and shooting Stefano, who WAS provoking her to do so, this would be a gigantic ruse, making them all, really, no different than Andre, Victor, Deimos, and especially Stefano himself.

However, I am still holding out for another possible explanation.

Thanks for the summary. Wow, what a great cliffhanger! I was confused at first, and still am a bit. Does this mean that Stefano is still alive, but they knew they'd never find him and pulled this stunt? Or is he really dead, and they pulled this whole operation to get Hope out of jail!? Wonder if anyone else will ever learn the truth.

I'm a bit upset but not shocked that Sonny didn't tell Rafe. He would merely get mad at Sonny for interrupting his thoughts about Hope.

Eduardo and Andre's plan is stupid. I'm sure Kate will be angry at the both of them for this, and it will make Deimos act more irrationally.

Gabi and Chad would make a cute couple, but the writers need to either decide to make it happen or stop wasting the audience's time with such scenes.

In re: that ending........it still could be that Stefano WAS arrested, but the ISA took him away, Shane took his place. Hey, could be a lot of scenarios. If indeed, there was never a Stefano sighting, then they had better explain completely about the money that was siphoned out, etc.

And again, if Stefano was always dead, and this was just a huge scam on the part of various law enforcement officials to free Hope, definitely a HUGE disappointment, and poor, poor way to get her freed.

The only out I see is if law enforcement was convinced by testing that the body from the warehouse, which was buried as Stefano, was not him at all, the money WAS taken out without the knowledge of officers.......which led the ISA to figure Stefano did have a huge plan, has gone underground, they cannot find him, so do the plot to free Hope, because they KNOW Stefano is alive, just cannot gather enough proof.

I noticed Andre still had Stefano's ring on his pinky finger (he took it off the body in the warehouse). At the end of the show, Shane (changing out of his disguise) took the ring off and tossed it. Which one is real? So many questions, lol!

Back