Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 10, 2017

I thought what Shane tossed was the chess piece..the Queen?

Would not bother me if Hope had gotten away with killing Stefano, but she confessed and went to jail. My problem now is IF there was a huge conspiracy among the cops/ISA/Steve to fake Stefano not being dead.

It was nice to be surprised at the end of the show by a twist. What that actual twist turns out to be, is Stefano somewhere else, has a high bar to live up reach. Let's hope they aimed high.

I agree that Hope actually killing Stefano isn't really the issue. Had she confessed initially, they could have just gotten her off by reason of insanity or some other charge. But instead, she, Rafe and Roman covered it up AND then framed Andre for it without even feeling announce of guilt. That's where the storyline went downhill. If I recall correctly, she also lied to her lawyers. First Belle and then Justin.

When Justin told her all charges were dropped except attempted murder, that's just lazy writing in my opinion, likely to support an eventual reversal of the story.

And Andre paid some guy to confess to it, so he is just as bad as everyone else. LOL (He wanted to get out of prison, and now he is lamenting how his father let him rot in jail when he was alive, and how liar Hope put him there to begin with. )

I think her lying to her lawyers was to protect Rafe, she was not going to finger him as helping her cover it, so was insisting she acted alone.

...[Hope] confessed and went to jail. My problem now is IF there was a huge conspiracy among the cops/ISA/Steve to fake Stefano not being dead.
I know, but I still wouldn't mind if she got out of jail anyway based solely on the information from the Prague gang, whether the latest rising of the Phoenix is legitimate or not.

I just figured Shane was wearing a fake phoenix ring.
Sure, it probably came out of a box of Cracker Jack.

The one thing I like about this twist, whether Stefano is alive or not, is that nobody on this board or another I visited figured this out before the scene aired. In this day and age of spoilers, it is not often the show is able to surprise us like that.

I agree with you, it was a very well kept secret. Not a single person, dropped even a hint. And when you consider backstage crew, plus cast. Maybe only the makeup, cameraman, both actors, & director were there for the filming?? LOLOL

So the whole thing was a plot that Shane and Steve came up with to free Hope, and she DID in fact shoot, kill, and dump Stefano's body in January 2016.

I guess in the characters minds, except for Shane and Steve, Stefano won and is free.

Glad to see the actor one more time, guessing this was filmed late last summer.

The one thing I like about this twist, whether Stefano is alive or not, is that nobody on this board or another I visited figured this out before the scene aired. In this day and age of spoilers, it is not often the show is able to surprise us like that.

I said the same thing earlier in the thread. And based on reactions I'm seeing on this board, another one and on Facebook and Twitter, it definitely created buzz from the show because people are still talking about it.

And props to the show for not giving SOD the scoop either. They are usually the ones that spoil things before they air.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that apparently Shane had the time, ability, and motivation to set up this plot to free Hope, but for his DAUGHTER, the mother of his grandchild, he could do nothing except send her off to be some drug dealer's mistress.

I thought what Shane tossed was the chess piece..the Queen?

Would not bother me if Hope had gotten away with killing Stefano, but she confessed and went to jail. My problem now is IF there was a huge conspiracy among the cops/ISA/Steve to fake Stefano not being dead.
The problem with this whole plot is that it was overloaded with impossibilities, improbabilities, outright nonsense, and out-of-character actions. Viewers can accept a limited amount of such things -- surprise children, resurrections, miracle operations, legal or medical nonsense, etc., but as long as the rest of the storyline doesn't cause groans of disbelief all is well. In the Hope/Prague plot the viewers have been "treated" to:
  • Hope murdering Stefano, which is out of character and makes one of the supposed "good guys" a murderer;
  • Rafe hiding the body, making another good guy a criminal too;
  • Rafe, Hope, and Roman then arresting and imprisoning Andre and then then go along with the Monaghan charade, which compounds the Salem P.D.'s criminality;
  • the great Stefano hunt is premised on the totally-incorrect concept that if Hope didn't succeed in killing the Phoenix, she'll go free;
  • yet another improbably easy prison escape;
  • an injured Hope easily escaping from the presumably fit Lt. Raines;
  • nonsensical disguises -- cap and big glasses;
  • a live Stefano possibly being criminally and socially active in Prague (years ago, this would have been par for the course, but the audience knows that Stefano was a feeble invalid in a wheelchair);
  • Steve and Shane possibly faking Stefano being alive, which is a fraud on the local police, and turns two more "good guys" into criminals.
By all rights, Hope should go back to women's prison and Rafe, Roman, and Eric should be joining Gus, Dr. Baker, and Vargas in the men's state prison. And Steve and Shane should become "guests" of the Policie Cesky Republiky. Of course, this can't happen, so the writers should do the viewers a favor and flush this whole story line and act as if it never occurred.

Last edited:
Back