Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 10, 2017

The entire storylines are lame to me. The Salem Stalker storyline may have been outrageous but it was exciting to me at least. Lately, since 2017, Days has been a snoozefest and not at all interesting. Bland.

The "Families at War" storyline is the lamest I seen in quite some time. We all know from DiMera, Kiriakis, and Hernandez families that they are not going to go all that far. It's too predictable. At least the last time the families were at war we got Philip shot laying next to Stephanie, then Tony falling on top of a piece of wood and being impaled. In short, this sucks.

The same could be said for almost everyone in Salem. The good guys (in soaps) need to win once in a while, even if they have to resort to "bad guy" tactics to do it.
Agree as long as the bad-guy tactics don't include murder or conspiring to send innocent people to jail. Past acceptable "bad-guy" tactics/actions include such things as Bo Brady's many break-ins, stealing evidence from the Salem P.D., bugging the evil-doers, the occasional brief kidnapping, Rafe bouncing EJ all over the Town Square instead of merely subduing him, but some of the things protrayed in the Hope/Prague plot crossed the line, turned good guys thoroughly bad, and made their lamentations about the evil Stefano often seem hypocritcal. Finally, two other items from the Hope/Prague plot that crossed the line from typical soap improbabilities to OMG events.
  • Hope murdering Stefano in part because she believed that he caused the death of her beloved Bo, but when it was learned that teflon Deimos was really responsible, nothing was done to bring him to justice;
  • Marlena, Rafe, etc. being completely taken in by Shane's Stefano disguise although it was once clearly demonstrated on the Mythbusters that realistic, professional rubber masks can fool people looking at a person from a distance, but never up close.

Back