Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 13, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives'
Friday, February 13, 2015

zzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, sorry. Is it really February sweeps? Guess the Friday the 13th must have scared the writers. But heck, guess they did their best. Chad joins Ben at the Pub, attempting to convince him he is sorry, wants to help, will get him this terrific lawyer. Ben refuses, his dad already has done so, Aiden Jennings, who is out of town right now, so he has not spoken with him yet. Chad thinks his guy is better, offers again, Ben is not receptive, Chad leaves.
Abby has come to see Jordan, who really wants nothing more to do with Chad. But when Abby tells of Chad's offer, she relents a bit. They get to talking, Jordan just isn't sure about Chad, cannot read him, really know where he is coming from. Abby is reluctant, but does tell Jordan all about how Chad learned he was a DiMera, the things he found out about his mother, the argument with her, how she fell, died. He loved her very much, blamed himself. Then into the DiMera web, the family, and now his sister and brother are dead, he is still finding his way. Abby leaves, later Jordan returns to her office to find Chad. She is civil, actually nice, thanks him for trying to get Ben an attorney. He lets her know he does what he does to get what he wants, and he wants her back. A lot. He leaves.
Abby meets up with Ben later, they go over Ben's visit from Chad.

Melanie & Brady are mumbling and bumbling still in the K drawing room, interrupted by a knock, Henderson with the mail. Brady checks it over, stops dead, staring at one envelope, claims it is nothing, but Melanie figures not true. He gives it to her to open, it is from the adoption agency. He explains how Kristen wanted to adopt, so he contacted that agency. She reads, oh, my, they have the perfect little baby girl for him. Too bad. He is not interested, knows she has to go to work, she leaves, he pick up the letter, reads. From the hospital, she calls him, is sorry the letter made him upset. Theresa is eavesdropping.

Earlier, Theresa starts to talk to Dan about his daughter & Brady, Daniel shuts her up, big speech on how he know her, how she operates, doesn't want to hear it. Theresa says she did not want to talk of Melanie, but Brady, going on about how he will probably hurt her, like he has every other female he has been with. Daniel gives it right back about how she was only into Brady for the money, it is what she is always after, blah, blah. He leaves.

Now Theresa sees Melanie end her call, goes up to harrass her, yapping at how Brady would never even want to be a dad, let alone be a good one. She mentions him saying (when she turned out not to be pregnant) Thank God there is no kid for the two of us. She is trying to get Mel's goat, but Mel is pretty calm. Clint is listening from the other side of the nurses' station. Theresa goes to put something away, will be right with Clint. He comes up to Mel, telling her he likes Theresa, is looking after her, so don't mess with Theresa. When they leave, Melanie flashes back to hearing him on the phone to Mandrake, then gets on her laptop, starts a ewe search for Mandrake, physicians.

Replay of Serena entering Eric's apt., stumbling, falling, the elephant sliding out of her purse, and Nicole appearing, asking if she can help her up. Serena gets all defensive, sits up, her body hiding the elephant, turns, shoves it in her bag, gets up, accuses Nicole of following her, then of barging in. Nicole says she did not, the door was open, she came to see Eric. Serena shuts the door, but Nicole notes she saw her shove something in her bag. Serena claims it was a gift for Eric, and none of her business. More back & forth, but Serena says maybe I overreacted, sorry. Nicole goes to leave, opens the door, and of course there is Eric. More repeats of events and explanations we all just heard, Nicole tells Serena she had already seen her, came to see you, Eric, check you messages, will talk to you later, am sorry, that is all.She starts to leave, tells Serena she hope Eric likes the gift. Eric now wants to know what gift? Serena smiles, Nicole got it wrong, she said surprise, and talks of making him a nice lunch, not just the Mac & Cheese. She gets into the kitchen, the super calls, they are turning off the gas to fix a leak. Oops, no lunch. She decides to leave, maybe next time. She leaves, takes out that dang elephant in the hall, looks at it, and hurries off.

Nicole in on the phone with Miles, telling him off about what happened to Sonny, her absolute refusal to do any sort of story, which she knows Miles just wants to make into some trashy item. She is very vehement, and abruptly hangs up. Daniel has overheard, tells her that was good of her. No, she knows the family, and won't let Miles use her and her connections to the family to create what he calls sensational journalism, but she knows is trash. Daniel admires her fortitude, she admits she really did not do it for Sonny, but for him, Daniel. He think she really has a good heart, she just wants to show she is really the kind of person she knows she is, though others may not think so. She has made mistakes, but has learned from them, she loves him, really loves him very much, more than ever.

Clint & Theresa are in the square, she spies Brady, tells Clint to get her a drink. She saunters over to Brady, blabbing how she heard Melanie on the phone sympathizing about the botched adoption. Thank goodness, as I feel sorry for any kid with you for a dad.

(O.K. you can wake up now. 40 winks is over, lol)

Hope is listening to Meredith's remarks on the tablet, and is startled as Aiden starts pounding on the door, yelling for her to open it, as the same is happening on the tablet. Hope jumps, turns off the tablet, shoves it behind a cushion on the sofa, and opens the door. Aiden's arms are full of grocery bags, Hope is nervous, but claims she was not feeling good, is better. He goes for a couple more bags, (a lot of groceries for two people til tomorrow and maybe the next day!). She kind of moans that she did not make breakfast, but is feeling a bit better now. She asks to borrow his phone to call Shawn, but he says he dropped it, so isn't working any more. She asks about a pay phone, he tells her there is one in town. She will drive over, but he smiles, says he will put away the groceries, she should sit and rest, he will drive her. O.K. Hope is getting more and more nervous, decides she will go outside, get some air. She grabs a jacket and goes out, pacing back and forth on the side of the house.
Aiden has put all the stuff away, sinks gratefully down on the sofa, his arm across one of the cushions, his elboy bumping the tablet, He checks, sees the note, turns it on, sees Meredith with the gun, pointing, then starts it at the beginning. His jaw is dropping, as he keeps looking up at Hope pacing outside the window, realizing she must have been viewing this.
Hope comes back inside...no Aiden. She is calling his name, getting a bit panicky. She tries that closet door, locked, grabs a table knife, works the door open, and finds the ax. She walks out holding, no, there is an explanation for this. She puts the ax back in the closet, closes the door. Behind her, Aiden appears, coming out of another room.

Oh, sorry. Is it really February sweeps?
Did you mean February sleeps??
th

WOW, Hope mentioned not being able to see her son and granddaughter to Aiden. I was surprised he didn't go "WHOA.... WAIT.... You have a son AND granddaughter???"
Speaking of the Puget Sound beach house follies, it could be Aiden who's in real danger. If Hope brought along her police pistol and she misinterprets any of his movements, the attorney could end up like the "real killer" of Mayor Marino and that crazy guy she gunned down on Smith Island. Back in Salem, Chad could have done a better job in selling his lawyer to Ben. All he needed to do was mention the many crimes committed by EJ and Stefano and then remark that neither one ever went to prison. He might also say something about the bought-and-paid-for Salem judges who will rule any way a DiMera wants (this means you Judge Fitzpatrick). In other Salem doings, who knew that Ted's sketchy "Bluebird" knew how to whip up an omelette. Was she planning to put something in that would render the Salem sourpuss unconscious so she could carry out the great elephant switch?? Finally, kudos to Nicole for refusing sleazy Miles's request to do a tabloid-style article on the Sonny stabbing. If Zoe had made a similar request to Will, would the opportunist hack-writer have turned her down??

So boring indeed !

How long will it take for the darn truth to come out about Aiden ? Enough with the red herrings. I'm sure the guy is protecting his son and is really good, after all. Still, I'm tired of this and I want it to be over. Then again, the writers probably have no clue as to what to write next for Hope and Aiden if this actually gets resolved.

Jordan, Abigail, Ben, Chad, Theresa, Clint, Brady, Melanie : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nicole : It's a good thing she's on the show still. She's pretty much the only character I care about nowadays. Too bad she's still on a dumb apology tour and telling Daniel she loves him (I rooted for them, but now, not so much, as Dan does not deserve her).

Now, Eric : Wow ! Just when I think this guy can't get any lower. So, again, Nicole has ruined him, right ? :angry: He can forgive Kristen for raping him, though. :sick::sick: And he conveniently forgot he was the one who told Nicole any evidence that would surface didn't matter : he chose her. :beat: Wow ! I want Serena to club him over the head with the darn elephant, now. We're about due for another, long coma, no ?

I wanted to add :

My husband and I have adopted two girls and I find this whole adoption story with Kristen and Brady insulting and stupid. Granted, I don't know how adoption works everywhere else in the world, but here, we had to pass tests, see counsellors, answer a bunch of questions, go through all kinds of processes, legal or otherwise, to even be considered for adoption. But I guess in Salem, all one has to do is contact an agency, no questions asked (Brady being a junkie would be a huge problem in the real world), to be approved. And then, one only has to receive a letter to be matched with a child, after having no follow ups whatsoever. :angry: Yeah, right ! :rolleyes: Come on writers, a little research at least. Hey ! Use Ewe Search!!!!!!!

I thought both Nicole and Theresa looked pretty today. Daniel looked better, too - is it a haircut and the dark purple shirt? Melanie looks like she is missing pants. And Abby's darker hair is growing on me.

I totally zoned out with the whole Jordan/Abby/Chad/Ben stuff. Thank you for the write up, Poirot so I that now I saw what stuff I missed in between.
More of Serena looking at the elephant. exciting!

I know people who have adopted and yes, tons of hoops to jump through, so ......well, just consider the source, those who are responsible for the idiocy of some plots just do not know HOW to use a search engine, even to incorporate even a sliver of truth.

Given that both Kristen and Brady have billions of dollars behind them, they should not have had any trouble being able to adopt a child. On Two-And-A-Half-Men, billionaire, Walden Schmidt, had to jump through hoops (and marry his best friend, a man) in order to adopt a little boy. This could only happen in TV or Movie Land. Unfortunately, in the real world, money talks, even concerning adoptions.

No mention of Valentines Day? This show....it's like they have absolutely no clue who their audience is. But what am I thinking, they wouldn't know romance if it dumped a truck full of roses, perfume, and chocolate on top of them.

So I'm seriously hoping the adoption thing is just another plot point to add to the build up of the Brady/Theresa baby and Kristen's likely return with said child and not some inane idea of Brady and Melanie adopting a child. Gross.

Wake me up when this Hope/Aiden stuff is over.

Since Valentine's is on Sat this year, maybe they didn't want to mention
it. There were three hearts behind Ben in the booth.

Today there were two peek a boob dresses. The hospital needs to
get a dress code.

Chad liked the dress Jordan was wearing. His eyes kept looking down.

Interesting Abby told Jordan what happened to Chad's mother. No
mention of Mia yet.

Serena wasn't happy when she gave Eric back the key. She should
have taken the time to copy it.

I wonder what the Ewe search found about Dr Mandrake.

I hope we find out something soon about how Meredith died. Before
we all die of boredom

Just remember, a year ago we had Sami getting proposed to by her rapist. I'll take this any day over that.

So boring indeed !

How long will it take for the darn truth to come out about Aiden ? Enough with the red herrings. I'm sure the guy is protecting his son and is really good, after all. Still, I'm tired of this and I want it to be over. Then again, the writers probably have no clue as to what to write next for Hope and Aiden if this actually gets resolved.

My sentiments exactly. That's why I posted several times this week that I'm curious what is next for this couple. I think that's a bigger question right now than Aiden's innocence.

My guess is Justin will become Ben's lawyer since it seems he will be back in Salem before Aiden.

I actually missed the first 25 minutes due to a power outage. I see I don't have to worry about catching up tomorrow.

Sounds like a snoozer! My Fridays run long so I'll save an hour by skipping it!!

Meanwhile - I'm torn on Nicole not doing a story on Sonny. I mean, she is a reporter for what amounts to tabloid TV...that's her job, and she's stalling because she "lervs" Daniel. (I can't say she loves him.) ON the other hand, it's probably NOT a great story to be told, unless the drug angle is worked in, so...yeah, like I said, torn.

I have never been less interested in a character's motivations than I am in Serena. She's besties with a character I hate (Toddler Woman), scamming/loving a character I despise (Fr Sanctimonious), and working for agents unknown (unless it's Tony DiMera, Ernesto Toscano, or Bill Horton, I don't care). At least with Boring Jordan, she was interacting with a character I gave a hoot about (Rafe).

More Jeannie T vitriol. Yay! I want this to end now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have a stabbing victim in the hospital? And we're wasting sweeps time on Nicole's penance to Dr Saint, avoiding her actual job; a drunken wreck and his toddler sexmate babbling about an incomprehensible adoption with his ex-ex-fiancée; the duping of an art-collecting ex-priest by his medical researcher "lerv" interest; and let's not forget the sizzle of Ben/Abby/Chad/Jordan!!! All interspersed with a detective misreading (presumably) a crazy woman's last video statement (while admittedly suspenseful, not enough to carry an episode) while trapped on Klutz Island. Yeesh - what a letdown after last week!!!

Back