Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 16, 2018

That scene reminded me of the first time Kim revealed herself as alter ego Claire. It was staged similarly. Both times I got chills.
It reminded me of Loving. When the show was "retooled" and became The City, a serial killer offed the core family. It was revealed to be the mother of the family (a redhead) but she was posing as her daughter (a brunette - it could have even been the same wig). So much so in fact (and given Ron Carlivati's history with ABC productions, which Loving was) that I spent several half hours trying to find out exactly what Ron Carlivati was doing in the 1990s. (There is no record of any job/work in soaps or TV prior to becoming the head writer of OLTL.) And he is very good at mining history, and that storyline did that in spades.
Abigail didn't say anything when she turned around.
Neither did Gwyn. OK, I'll end this now. (But seriously, if Ron C didn't write that story, he was certainly inspired by its reveal.)

For fun, I've included a clip:

The relevant scene is at 20:30.

I feel that Eli is still digesting the news that Lani is carrying his child. The reality has not fully sunk in. Once it does (and I think Valerie will help it along), Eli will be speaking out that it is his child.

The Gabby wig is just awful, and I still wonder how anyone could think that was Gabi. Abigail and Gabi have different builds, and even in the video, it has never looked like Gabi.

The reality has not fully sunk in. Once it does (and I think Valerie will help it along), Eli will be speaking out that it is his child.
I agree, but I hope the truth is revealed sooner rather than later. Poor Mike Horton was an adult when he found out Bill had raped Laura, and that's why he was a resident of good ol' Salem, USA.

Just an aside: Several people have referred to the wigged-Abigail as Gabby.confused.jpg

@KathyLu.....SOD has an interview with the actress where that is who she calls herself. (yes, with the different spelling) Personally, I think it will be extremely confusing to viewers who post, and then to those who read the posts. It would seem, already, since Abby is wearing Gabi's coat, plus a wig that is long dark hair, sort of like Gabi's, and the makeup (which Abby never wears) that she is thinking of herself as a sort of clone/twin/other self like Gabi.......so the writers, evidently figure that using that other spelling (Gabby) will differentiate. As Forest Gump says, stupid is as stupid does.

Just an aside: Several people have referred to the wigged-Abigail as Gabby.
confused-jpg.4256

I think the point of this post as well as my earlier comment about Abigail being silent when she turned around is that nothing was said on this episode about Abigail calling herself Gabby. Stefan simply said Gabi and Abby turned around and stared. So we have no idea why she's dressed like Gabi and wearing a black wig. That will likely be revealed tomorrow.

SOD has an interview with the actress where that is who she calls herself.
But, wouldn't that be a spoiler since Abigail isn't using that name on-screen? People in regular threads are already referring to her alter ego as Gabby.

I think the point of [KathyLu's] post as well as my earlier comment about Abigail being silent when she turned around is that nothing was said on this episode about Abigail calling herself Gabby.
Good point, heather, but not what I meant at all. My point is that it's a spoiler.
Would've been easier if Abby called herself Gabriella, since Gabi is rarely called by her full name.

For postings on the board, I think we should call them Gabi and Abby/Gabby to keep the characters straight.
But, she's not calling herself anything else yet on screen.

For me, it will be GabbyAbby........lolol.
But, how do you know she will be known as Gabby? Abigail hasn't said so yet.

Last edited:
Back