Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 24, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 24, 2017

Applause, applause, Julie, plus Eli & Valerie. Wow! At the church, Valerie is astonished to see Eli, asks what he is doing there, pulling him into the foyer. She asks why he would say that about burying his father, Terrence died years ago. Julie comes up, telling Valerie the service is about to start, introduces herself to Eli, who gives his name, and Valerie quickly interjects this is her son. He offers his sympathies, asks if she minds if he stays. Julie replies he will be good support for his mother, then comments he looks familiar, have they ever met. No. .

The service begins, but really is just Julie talking of her son.....with reaction shots of Eli as he listens. She talks of David's good qualities, then notes they had a rocky relationship, mentions a few bad qualities, how they really had not communicated the last few years, how she wished she could have told him how much she loved him, and how she prayed for him every day. She mentions David giving her grandson Scotty. She is obviously heartbroken, nearly collapsing. Doug comes up, holds her.

Chad wakes up in the hospital, likes waking up to Abby next to him. They talk a bit, doc says he can be released this afternoon. She brought clothes, tis cold outside, he wants warm. She suggests 2nd honeymoon, maybe Cancun.....he starts saying "Gabi said"...stops, she is o.k. with him talking of Gabi. Cancun touristy, Cazimel (sp?) better. She wants to go home, gets a fire going, blanket, just the 3 of them (Thomas). He is all for that.

Brady meets up with Chloe at the Pub, tries to plead Nicole's case with Chloe, who is extremely resistant. She bad mouths Nik and her decisions in life, especially sticking by Deimos, with all the bad stuff. Brady says Nik dumped the guy, Chloe is not impressed. He bribed a judge, so she dumps him. What about poisoning people, kidnapping, etc., all worse. No, she stays. Brady tries his best, no use. Chloe is moving to NY, gonna move in with her parents, more venues there so she can get singing gig. Brady offers to support her, get her a place to live, nanny, anything, but Chloe is adamant. Judge says Holly is her, she is Holly's mother. Brady asks if she is lonely, notes that he is since Theresa left. Reminds her that even tho Theresa did not deliver Tate, this is their son, just as Holly is Nicole's daughter. He brings up Nik delivering the baby, saving Chloe's life. Chloe shuts him down, won't change her mind. If she is gone, Nicole can move on, she always does.

Later, Maggie is there, Chloe gives her the news, Maggie is not pleased, Chloe taking both her grandchildren away. Chloe says she can come visit any time she wants. She lets Maggie hold the baby (quite big now) to say goodbye.

Ciara & Claire talk a bit, Claire & Theo are going to visit Chad, Ciara wants to stay for Julie, since her mom was sick and could not be there. At the hospital Chad is getting dressed to leave, Abby talks out in the waiting area with Claire, while Theo stays with Chad. Claire mentions another person trying to make the moves on Theo. Abby advises her to just ignore the other person, concentrate on Theo herself. And Theo is talking of Stefano being alive, Chad doesn't care, remind Theo of all the misery Stef has put them thru already. On to Theo mentions Ciara & Claire, loves them both....but not the same way. "You can't love two women at the same time, can you". Chad shrugs, I don't know. (And obviously both those conversations referred to Gabi).

Eli & Valerie are in the square, he is angry, she is upset. How did he know. He says when he applied to Quantico, they wanted a lot of background on him, and he really knew nothing much, but always felt something was off. Did the Ancestry DNA thing, found he was 1/4 English, 1/4 Irish, and not black Irish either. So he used his FBI stuff to find it all out. She never told him. He knew she was not in NY, was in Salem, thought perhaps she was letting family know of his existence. But no. Valerie tells of being engaged to David, then things did not work out, she left town. He came to see her, she again thought it would all be great, they would get married, but again, he just took off. She did not even know she was pregnant. Later met Terrence, a good man, who was good father to him. Eli bitterly says, "but he wasn't MY father. He stalks off, she cries, Abe arrives, she sobs she doesn't think her son will ever forgive her. Abe holds her.

JJ sits with Lani, who has not made up her mind about Roman's offer. He is suggesting different things, movies, snowboarding, Italian restaurant, she vetoes it all, until she realizes he is asking her for a date. She looks for her phone, thinks she left it at the church, will call him to let him know (they agreed on sushi).

Brady is on his phone, leaving a message for Nicole......call me, I have to talk to you right now.
Ciara is reading a book, then opens her laptop, mutters...one more time. Just not another Rory, as she types away.

Julie is up by the casket with Doug, one last goodbye to her son, Doug leads her away. In the doorway shadow stands Eli, who comes up to the casket, begins talking, sorry he never got to know him. Lani has walked in, looks up, sees him.

Chad is in bed, big blanket over him, Abby comes in, Thomas fell asleep immediately. She crawls up on the bed, they murmur a few I love you, kisses, Their song begins to play, (Because you're mine) and they are evidently naked under the covers, kissing, making love.

Thanks Poirot, for the little details that make the summary richer. I will miss the show tonight but hope to watch it Saturday. Julie's part sounds heartbreaking especially for viewers who remember her son. Chloe is wearing on my last nerve.

Well, we were, but it ended........21 right now, big winds and snow. 6 mos ago, Days would have no way of knowing about a "thaw", and it should be cold. Trouble is, none of Salem's women in particular ever are dressed for it. Winter, I mean. LOL

Chloe is the most horrible vile person ever! I just wanted to scream listening to her be so judgmental with Nicole!! Nicole was a good mother to Sydney. Ok, she stole her but she was a good mom to her and to Johnny and Parker. She is infuriating. This storyline is infuriating.

The only saving grace is that Nicole's baby is actually alive this time! But seriously, who is Chloe to judge?! She slept with 2 men so close together that she didn't know who Parker's father was! I liked Brady shrinking her and I think he's right. She's lonely and that's why she is so attached to Holly. Arrgh!! Give Nicole her baby before she's walking!!!

I like Eli. Must be horrible for him to never get to know his dad, But he's got a grandma. JJ and Lani could be cute together but now I can see her and Eli. I hope he's sticking around anyway.

Eli seems like a perfect fit for Salem. He appears to be self-righteous, has a mean streak and mother issues, and like sourpuss Eric seems averse to even a hint of a smile. Sure, his mother should have told him about his biological father, but he should cut the poor woman a break and try to appreciate her situation. Lack of empathy was also on display at TBD as Chloe changed the rules on Baby Holly by declaring that Deimos was no longer the sole issue, but instead it was Nicole's alleged lack of mothering skills. Brady might have pointed out to her that by cutting Nicole off from the child, she could be setting the stage for events that will do nobody any good. It would have served the clueless diva right if the local paparazzi had invaded TBD to take a picture of Chloe and the baby, which would run in the Intruder or Jenny's Spectator under a headline like "Bad Mother Chloe Takes Tiny Baby into Bar Run by Criminals!" Finally, where did Teen Ciara get off making a remark about "another Rory." Given the chance, most Salemites would rather spend time with the cheerful stoner than Hope's problem daughter.

The thing that I find glaringly ridiculous is, Chloe keeps saying that she is keeping Holly from Nicole due to Nicole being with Deimos, and that Nicole is fine with Deimos's actions. BUT, Chloe does not say one word about Brady working, living, and having Tate with Deimos. Not one word about Maggie being OK with Deimos. So OK with him that she agreed to live with him. Why aren't they being called "train wrecks" also?? Why isn't Maggie telling Chloe that she believes Deimos is OK? Just ridiculous. They write it as if Nicole is the only person over looking his actions.

I do agree with you, Nikki Fan. These others, though, are living with Deimos as a matter of convenience..Maggie because this was always Victor's home, Brady because it was his for so long, but it is convenient since Theresa is gone. Both men want to keep an eye on Deimos..........and have, thus doing their best to deflect some of what Deimos does.

That said, Brady has tried everything under the sun to change Chloe's mind. So it would seem there is an underlying reason for Chloe's actions, and she is making up excuses. (That nursing thing was over the top, and really just too.....)

So, was Chloe jealous of Nicole being with Daniel, because she wanted to be? So now she has another child of Daniel's and wants to keep her?

Is Chloe suffering from some mental problem now.. postpartum,,, perhaps a different form of it?

Chloe seem to not have any emotions. She doesn't get angry, upset,euphoric......just one even line, all the same. She doesn't argue with Brady with any passion, or anger, or happiness.

And yes, I could be all wet......just too much imagination, but just trying to get to the real reason Chloe is being so against Nicole, while claiming to be her friend.

I agree. Chloe went from letting Deimos stay in her house, having sex with him, letting Parker play with him, and thinking very seriously about running away with him, (and all of this was after she found out that he had lied to her, used her for info, and that he had people trying to kill him), to hating him. I personally think she is doing it more as a payback against Deimos. She had sex with him and then a few hours later he was declaring he loved Nicole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed Chad's talk to Theo about Stefano being alive.

I'm glad Julie mentioned Scotty, but why wasn't he at the funeral?
I almost
cried when she talked about David at the funeral. Eli looked like he was.

Great talk Eli and Valerie had about who is father is and how he found out.
DNA testing. Why didn't he talk to Valerie when he found out? He also said he
knew she wasn't in NY, but in Salem. Kids and parents.

Eli seems like a perfect fit for Salem. He appears to be self-righteous, has a mean streak and mother issues, and like sourpuss Eric seems averse to even a hint of a smile.
This was the only portion of the show I watched (I totally forgot to tune in until about 12:45 and had missed the funeral part). I fast-forwarded everything else.

I'm appalled by the introduction of Eli. This is a grown man and some sort of spy/cop...grow up. Respect your mother, understand her choices. If Eli were a teen, this could make a good story for about a month. But this man is 20-something.

There were other ways to handle this; they picked the laziest, cheapest, most trope-iest (yes that's a double superlative) way possible. Did it occur to the writers to have David and Eli know about each other? Did it occur to them to parallel the distance between Valerie and Eli and Julie and David? (I'm speculating no, since there has been no setup.) Did it occur to them to have Eli find out about David and lovingly accept his mother's choices and just want to get to know his family?

Did it occur to them to have Valerie tell the truth after the funeral, saying she always thought there'd be more time, to parallel with Julie's woes? Ugh it's so disappointing.

Meanwhile...how did David fail Scotty?

The one thing I liked was the mention that David and Valerie hooked up again in DC. That makes the timeline less abrasive.

The only other thing I have to say about this show is that I want Chloe dead and I want Chad/Abby to break up so I don't have to hear their song anymore.

Thanks for the summary. Today sounds like a great show (other than the Claire garbage and the awful Chloe). The scenes about Julie and Eli sound both touching and very interesting Sorry I missed that part of the show.

I agree with JasonD--can we get it over with already, re Abigail & Chad? Borrrrinnnggg, and I think many of us can see how it'll end, at least in the short term.

Jason, I totally agree about Eli. He is a grown man and he seems to have known about his bio dad for a while. So why is he acting like he is a male version of teenage Claire?? Maybe he is taking singing lessons, me, me, me, me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They sure are forcing this Abby and Chad song on us. Wish they would've played Steve and Kayla's "Lady in Red" song! I can't remember, I want to say they did play Hope and Bo's song during her dream?

It's royalties. Lady in Red would cost them too much. They made a special exception for Bo & Hope. They usually get a brand new singer or one with a brand new song, make their deal. Because they will play it x amount of times or use it, the singer/song gets exposure, hopefully to sell their records. However, most of the music we hear is composed by the 2 music guys, one is Corday, lol. No lyrics, and mostly background music. In the past they used Kelly Moneymaker (Mrs. Peter Reckell/Bo) original songs, sung by her.

Then there was the time Bo & Hope were talking about what if they had not met when they did...would they have ever met? And there was a whole fantasy scene of her at a bar, Bo walks in, strikes up a conversation, the entertainment begins, this guy gets up, sings, they dance. The guy was really good, I bought his very lst album which was to be released the following week. Wonderful. The song was an oldie...."That's All". The guy......his very first appearance in the U.S. (he was Canadian. )His name, Michael Buble'.

Back