Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 27, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 27, 2015

Obviously, sweeps month is over, and while we skipped all over Salem, conversations were all drawn out pointlessly. Jennifer & Daniel argue/discuss JJ, Roxanne, and really...get no where. Jen claims JJ knows Roxanne since boarding school, they are just friends, could never be more. Daniel insists JJ acted like Roxanne was, and advises, after a lengthy back and forth, for her to drop it, let JJ alone, that he has to learn to handle things for himself, makes her pinky swear, leaves. So naturally, Jen contemplates, but manages to somehow get Roxanne's cell number, calls her, insists they have to meet and talk. Roxanne pretends a bad connection, hangs up. Jen grabs Eve's keys, flashes back to the time when Eve left them behind, and evidently seems to get an idea.

Theresa sees Melanie at work, questions her about the whole Mandrake connection. Mel tells of hearing Clint talking to Mandrake (doesn't mention what Clint said about Theresa). So ol Theresa gets on her high horse once again, tells Melanie to stay out of her business, and leaves.
Nicole (filler scenes) comes to the Kmansion, telling Brady how "Whitmore" is now in jail and Brady no longer has to worry about him. Brady is very happy. Melanie arrives, kiss, kiss, Brady gets the expected cell phone call he absolutely has to take now, goes off, the girls chat a bit, Nicole leaves, Brady returns, Melanie notices a framed pic of her & Brady, claims something odd about her neck, wants another, they take one. Brady doesn't like that his eyes are closed, she thinks he looks sexy, more kiss, kiss.

Abby is talking to Chad, who is being rather surly, but finally says he will keep his word, and Ben still has his get out of jail free card. Abby is appreciative. but she has to keep on, pushing. Chad does repeat his crack about Jordan being better in bed than Abby, she just looks at him. He keeps telling her to go, she got what she came for. She starts to leave, but then wants to know why he said something earlier, that "it was never about Jordan". She presses, he avoids, she presses harder, he gets angry and blurts out it was about her. Abby is a bit shocked, Chad goes on and on, finally saying something about how Abby seems to like bad boys, first him, then his his brother, now Ben. Abby slaps him, a few more words, she is gone.

Theresa sees Daniel & Parker at the Club, goes up to Daniel, telling him to tell Melanie to stay out of her business.Daniel pulls her aside, tells her to never use that kind of language in front of son again, She gets all huffy, she says they are not done yet, Nicole walks in, oh, yes you are. Now Theresa & Nicole have a few words, but Theresa leaves. Nicole talks to Dan a bit, just saying she got rid of Theresa, did not mean to step over the line, if she did. Nope. They are civil, that is about all, he has to take parker for his play date, and poof, if gone.

Paige sits in student union, looking at a pic of her & JJ, muttering how they are done, blah, blah. Cole comes up, says she looks upset, Paige blames it on her mom, who wants to meet her later. Cole says then just break the date. She agrees, says she will text her. He sits, will keep her company for a bit, Paige suggests they hang out later, Daphne arrives, Cole will call her later, leaves. Daphne hopes Paige isn't making another mistake, she doesn't want Paige hurt again. But Paige figures she already has been hurt in the worst way, she cannot be hurt any worse.

Clyde wits with Jordan, really appearing very sincere, as he talks of how much he loves his son (which Jordan realizes he really does lovel him), Clyde is worried about Chad making sure Ben goes to jail, Clyde cannot bear the idea. Ben comes along, eavesdrops a bit, as Clyde admits he has done a lot of bad things, but the two he regrets the most is beating up on Ben, and what he did to Jordan. Unforgivable, both of them. But he then thanks Jordan for taking Ben away. He was angry back then, but she did the right thing. He would have ruined Ben, if Ben had stayed, but he is a fine young man, and that is due to Jordan. Ben finally enters when Clyde is saying that Ben's present troubles are his fault.

No, they are not, but Clyde figures Ben inherited his temper. Ben learns Abby has gone to see Chad, and is ready to go there himself, but Clyde stops him, will not let him go, not in the shape he is in. Abby returns, lets them all know Chad is not going to press charges now. She & Ben leave. Clyde is thanking Jordan again, leaves, and out in the hall, calls someone to make sure Kiriaskis is still where they want him - down and out.

In the square, Eve spots Roxanne and JJ hugging, comes over, having a true hissy fit. She is calling Roxanne names, ignoring JJ's "stop it", berating JJ, and all in the name of her daughter. She loudly is accusing Roxanne of coming on to JJ, knowing he was going with her daughter, yada, yada. Roxanne doesn't know what to make of this, but ....ah, yes, folks, the very convenient cell phone call she has to take....so goes off to the side. JJ is wondering what the blazes is wrong with Eve, she is going to ruin it all. Roxanne comes back, says this call is going to be a while....JJ says he will meet her in the park clearing over there. Roxanne goes back to her call, he & Eve resume, he has no idea why she would do this. Eve will talk more privately "over there".

They go to the clearing, he tells her how they already ran into Paige, who is now convinced that JJ really has moved on, and won't be bugging everyone about who it was. He is still bothered by how Eve ranted at Roxanne, wonders why she is so eager to get rid of Roxanne. Eve will give him a reason..... but Eve is just giving him these looks, and finally tells him they can't talk here, to come to her place. Another "knowing" look. JJ doesn't look too thrilled at the idea.

Jennifer is unreal. She figures that Eve is the one who brought Roxanne to Salem. She refuses to believe that JJ & Roxanne were dating.....they were just friends for years. Despite Daniel telling her that JJ probably does not tell her where he is every second, or what he is doing.....Jen is truly that Chihuahua who won't let go of the pants on a leg.

Thanks for the summary, but yup, Sweeps seem to be over, for this episode was BORING!! So tired of Melanie & Brady, Daniel being rude, Jennifer being nosy and sanctimonious, and of course, Eve and the teens. Just not interesting. Oh, and of course, Abigail/Clyde/Chad/Jordan/Ben is dull beyond belief.

This stuff with Jennifer is beyond creepy, it's borderline disgusting. Her calling a young girl demanding to know what she is doing with her son, her keeping Eve's keys, her begging JJ to get back with a girl he broke up with.

I would rather see her belittling Daniel than stalking teens. If I called someone that my son dated, he would be so mad and embarrassed. She laughed in Eve's face for Paige leaving her, well, look in the mirror mama! She barely blinked at Abby sleeping with EJ, yet the world has come to an end with JJ breaking up with a girl. They have totally destroyed this character. :sick::sick::sick:

Days of Our Lives
Paige sits in student union, looking at a pic of her & JJ, muttering how they are done, blah, blah. Cole comes up, says she looks upset, Paige blames it on her mom, who wants to meet her later. Cole says then just break the date. She agrees, says she will text her. He sits, will keep her company for a bit, Paige suggests they hang out later, Daphne arrives, Cole will call her later, leaves. Daphne hopes Paige isn't making another mistake, she doesn't want Paige hurt again. But Paige figures she already has been hurt in the worst way, she cannot be hurt any worse.

Really, Paige has been so hurt by being dumped by a boy she dated 4, maybe 5, times, never slept with and she is so badly hurt. A summer fling. Am I really supposed to accept this??? It is insulting.

Sonny being hurt because of Will's actions, yes, I buy that even though the entire story line behind the "why" it happened is stupid. But I'm not buying the whole Paige thing.

This stuff with Jennifer is beyond creepy, it's borderline disgusting.
It sure is. Cat woman Jenny seriously needs to get a life. Roxanne should do herself a favor by continuing to ignore her phone calls, and then getting on the bus back to Loyola where all she'll have to deal is with the cold winds blowing in off Lake Michigan. As for pathological liar Eve, she's far worse than the cat burglar. This woman is truly out of her mind and probably be needs to be sent to the same institution where Steve Johnson once bought pizza for his fellow patients. (Come back, Steve, Salem needs you.) Also in need of serious help are Paige, who's now stooped to chasing Cole, and Abigail for her utterly pointless "confrontation" with Chad. Finally, another young woman who isn't always clicking on all cylinders, Jeannie T., should know better than to tell Nicole to forget Dr. Mandrake. This insures that Nicole will keep investigating this creep until there's nothing left to discover.

So the reason why Jennifer is so adamant that J.J couldn't possibly be romantically involved with Roxanne can essentially be summed up as "just because?" Wow, I never in my wildest dreams could have come up such compelling storytelling.

A week or so ago in what I like to think was a witty and intelligent post I compared this JJ/Eve thing to The Graduate which I think still fits but I'm also seeing hints of the Twilight saga in the way in which neither Paige nor her mother apparently simply cannot be without the young Mr. Deveraux. I'm going to have to pay close attention this summer and see if JJ sparkles when he is in direct sunlight.

What in the name of all that is right and decent are we supposed to make of the conversation between Jordan and Clyde? Are we supposed to think that the two of them have "bonded" now over their concern for Ben? Are we supposed to believe that Jordan now to an extent sees her despised step-father in a "new light?" If that is indeed the case I have only one thing to say to that: ARRRRGH!!!

If they wanted us to buy into that then they should have written Clyde with some shades of gray *I'm thinking about fifty or so BA-BUMP-CRASH! Sorry I couldn't resist.*

Seriously they could have written Clyde as a somewhat shady guy but he was genuinely haunted by the mistakes he made with his family. They should not have made him a vicious criminal out to take over the Salem drug trade *oops sorry I mean "product" trade*. They should not have involved him in in E.J's death. They should not have him in a war with Victor where he threatens innocent women and children. They should not have had him stab Sonny, and for crying out loud, they should NOT have made him a child abuser/rapist!!

As it stands those scenes were totally wasted air time because Clyde has been made into such an irreemable slimebag that nothing he says that runs counter to that is believable. I'm convinced that when they came up with the "Poplar Bluff" gang as characters they had no clear idea what direction they wanted to take them so we're left with an "okay let's try this" approach that just does not work.

I wasn't making any comparison and I'm sure if you were to make a list of all Victor's crimes in the thirty years or so the character has been in existence and put it next to Clyde's antics in the eight months that he's been on the canvas I would agree. Victor probably over all isn't any better then Clyde.

However it's the child abuse/threatening kids that for me personally pushes Clyde over the line but that's just my personal opinion of course.

Well, Troy, you see.....Clyde has changed......he used to do all the dirty work himself, beating up kids, raping teens, but he now has raised himself up so that his OWN hands are no longer dirty, he hires people to do it. That is where he is now on the same footing as Victor. Clyde, though, figures Victor is old, not up to being equal to him, and I think he underestimates Victor. Clyde did make a mistake, thinking that hurting/nearly killing one of Victor's relatives was the way to go.

Well, Troy, you see.....Clyde has changed......he used to do all the dirty work himself, beating up kids, raping teens, but he now has raised himself up so that his OWN hands are no longer dirty, he hires people to do it. That is where he is now on the same footing as Victor. Clyde, though, figures Victor is old, not up to being equal to him, and I think he underestimates Victor. Clyde did make a mistake, thinking that hurting/nearly killing one of Victor's relatives was the way to go.

You're right Poirot I didn't even think of that way, Clyde has pulled himself up by his straps. Why if you look at it from his perspective he is the very personification of the American Dream! :sarcasm:

Jordan has changed a lot since she moved to Salem. She stopped wearing
glasses and she wears sexy clothing. I was surprised how she was able to sit
with Clyde and listen to him about Ben. Clyde puts on a good act because
in the hallway he was talking to someone about Victor.

I liked Nicole's pink outfit today. She had two funny remarks. She
called Victor Vlad. Later she said "Parker parked by himself"

Not much else going on except Eve looked jealous when she saw
JJ with Roxy.

Like mother like daughter. Jen and Abigail are certainly cut from the same cloth alright. They are both acting like a starving dog with a bone. Jen hates Eve so why is she constantly seeking her out? I was actually rooting for Eve to spill the beans to Jen just to have the thrill of watching her hit the ground.

Oh Abigail, for some reason this pain in the buttocks feels all of Salem should answer to her. I was hoping Chad would take her by her scrawny neck and shove her out the door. What a couple of self-righteous holier than though nosy witches.

Nicole is a pill but she is the classiest looking female on the show. I just think she is beautiful and I still feel TIIC are totally missing the mark on a fantastic story line for her character. She needs to be front and center.

I wanted to like Roxanne but she seemed way too into JJ, while he didn't seem to want anything but a favor from her and we have enough women like that on this show.

So once again Jen found someone else to blame her childrens actions on. And she seriously thinks Eve brought Roxanne to town? How was she supposed to know that JJ knew her or would sleep with her? Why is Jen so stuck on this? People breakup and then they are hurt, she should be trying to help JJ get over it and learn from his mistakes. Instead she is too busy trying to blame this all on Eve so she can feel better about herself.

Why is Melanie acting like Theresa asked her to pry into her business? She took it upon herself to go investigating Mandrake when she could have easily just told Theresa that Clint was talking about her to Mandrake and then went on about her life.

I wish Nicole would find a rock and stay under it. She does realize that her and Brady have tried to kill people right? She needs to stop coming to the rescue of people that treat her like trash whenever they have no use for her.

So is Eve jealous? When she first got all "Horton" on that poor girl I thought she was putting on an act but then the girl left and she still seemed to be bothered?

Chad is gross but I think Abby likes that.

So let me get this straight, Ben hears Clyde saying he did something unforgivable to Jordan but the only thing Ben wants to do is reassure Clyde that Ben's troubles aren't his fault? Why even have him be a molester if it was never going to be important? And how lovely of him to finally love his son now that Ben is too old for him to abuse. Would have been even better if he did it before he was breaking his bones. But that was years ago so who cares, right. ugh. Poor Jordan

:rolleyes: to all things Paige. It seems like her and JJ have been apart longer than they have been together but she is still down in the dumps about this. She is not getting the full experience of dorm life.

Well there was mention of Roxanne having had a crush on JJ before, but the feelings were never reciprocated. Perhaps she never stopped caring about him in that way? Other than the fact that she resembles his sister (especially now that Abby's hair is dark), I think they'd make a fun couple. Certainly better than him with nasty Eve or boring Paige.

I remember when Victor had Claire kidnapped in order to try and prove that Belle was an unfit mother. I must admit, however, both Clyde and Victor can be charming when they need to be. Besides that, I love both actors, and would take Clyde any day over Stefano who should have been killed off for real years ago!

What a Snoozefest! The writing for both Eve and Jennifer is beyond abominable. When is the last time either one of them had a storyline with other adults?!?

And I have no interest in any of these couples that have no chemistry: Eve/JJ, Daniel/Nicole, Melanie/Brady, Jeannie/Brady

Someone please make it stop!!!

Back