Days of Our Lives -Fri., Feb. 5, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 5, 2016

Jennifer & Abby arrive home from JJ's graduation. Jen is complaining of having to sit for so long, back hurts, is going up to lay down. Theresa arrives with the wedding dress she designed and made for Abby, who loves it, goes up to try it on. She comes down, tis perfect, Theresa suggests taking it in a bit in back. Jen comes down, is all excited, thrilled raves over the dress. Abby asks if she is all right, Absolutely fine, she laid down, is feeling better, and off she goes to the kitchen. Theresa inquires, Abby explains about the back pain, Theresa figures there are pain pills, yes. She asks if opiates, mentions she has had her own experience with them, suggests Abby keep an eye, make sure her mother is not taking more than she should. Abby is appalled at the idea of counting her mom's pills, but Theresa knows that opiates can trick your brain into thinking you need them when you don't. She gathers her things to leave, Abby wants to keep the dress a bit longer, Theresa leaves.

Chad returns to his room, finds Andre' sitting in the dark, asks when he is going to stop breaking in. Andre' stands up, chad sees the face, and Andre' tells the tale of their father being dead, murdered by Hope, how he followed Rafe, went in the building Rafe was eyeing, found Stefano's body, bldg. came tumbling down. But he managed to get out. He pulls the gun out, tells of it being Bo Brady's, was used to murder Father, by Hope, who could not get that body to the warehouse alone, called Rafe, and they are covering it all up. Chad doesn't believe him, Andre' shows him Stefano's ring (he is wearing it) took it off the body. Chad doesn't blink an eye. If he's dead, he had an enemy list as long as my arm. Andre' is out to revenge. Chad wants no part. He had Abby, his son, that's all that matters.
Andre' tells him about the lien on the family home, Chad lets him know he sold his stock in the club, got the money to pay it all back. And when he & Abby move in, he wants Andre' gone. This does not set well with Andre', who tells Chad he is denying his legacy, and will regret it. He leaves.
Chad goes over to Hope's....just tells her what Andre' told him, just thought she should know. When he leaves, Hope calls Rafe, tells him to get over to the house. She is in panic mode, Rafe arrives. She rattles about Chad coming over, Rafe calms her down, there is just no proof of anything. He will take care of things. Not to worry. Phone call for her, Andre' is laughing as he is playing classical opera music, very loudly, holding the phone so she can hear it. Hope puts speaker phone on, lets Rafe hear. He will take care of this, just don't worry.

Earlier, Roman is congratulating JJ, who has graduated, is wearing a cop jacket. Roman makes mention how proud his father would be that he got thru training so fast. (Yes, Lani is watching and listening, like always). He has a job for Shawn (in civilian clothes), new guy in town, just out of prison, have to keep an eye on him, last name Kiriakis. He also mentions how they don't have to worry about Stefano who left town.
Theo comes rushing in, wants to see his father, who is at a meeting. Theo seems agitated, but won't tell Roman, wants his dad. Lani comes to calm him, he can see his father when meeting over, but meanwhile, it is lunch time, how about coming and eating with me. Theo agrees.

Brady is reading over the business plan Nicole brought, all sounds good. She accidentally calls him Daniel, and yep, back into chatter about the now buried Daniel, and how Brady is keeping Daniel alive for her, with that heart. She asks about the dreams, he is having them, easing up, won't discuss them, or tell her what Fynn said. Not good for her. Theresa arrives, seems a bit disconcerted to see them together. They chat about whether Kate will come up with the money.

And Kate is sitting at her Club TBD office table, on phone with a broker to sell her stocks at best price. Deimos overhears, as he comes over, offering to give her money she needs. She wants to know more about him, Victor never mentioned him, so he tells her the whole shebang. Prison for 30 years, he did not do it, claims Victor killed the woman, yes he had seduced her. Says he has this money from before he went to prison, was a good investor, did it wisely. Kate ends up refusing the money. Eduardo has come along, overheard the end of their conversation, comes over, Deimos leaves, Eddie sits down, sorry he could not help her out before. She lets him know that she knows so little about him, and he is not forthcoming, so she figures he is hiding something. He says everyone has something to hide. Not her, & she has had her fill of entirely too many men just like him. She more or less is saying, "adios, Eduardo".

Back to Brady & Theresa's place, Kate comes knocking on the door, has an envelope with a check to buy out Nicole & Theresa. They will sign the papers when the check clears. Kate leaves, the remaining 3 have a toast with non-alcoholic drink, to DJ Designs. Nicole looks, Theresa says it is a better name. Clink. Brady begins feeling a bit weak. Theresa says it isn't the drink, go rest for a while. He does, Nicole is glad to be in business with Theresa now. She leaves.

Chad comes into the Horton house, Abby has a fit, she is in the wedding dress, trying to cover up with a pillow, afghan. She makes him turn around, he argues a bit, she lets him turn around. He tells her about what Andre' had to say, and thinks they should take Thomas, and leave town. What about getting married in Paris? She looks stunned.

Rafe comes into DiMansion, finds Andre' sitting in the darkened room (hate the lighting there) gets up close, telling him to stay away from Hope.

Brady is dreaming, the beach, the surf rolling in, the back of a woman sitting looking out at the waves. We hear the song again, the same one as before. She turns, and her face is visible. He wakens with a start. Who is this?

The minute Theresa showed the wedding dress, and then Abby put it on....my thought is.....Nope, there will be no wedding.
Interesting that Kate decided she was not spending any more time on Eduardo.
Deimos is again looking at those pictures of the K family, concentrating on the one of Philip, when Kate comes knocking, just to tell him no thanks on the $$$ offer. Yep, she is definitely interested in this man.

By the way, Deimos talked a lot about how both he & Victor grew up "on the streets" but he doesn't want to admit it, prefers acting as though he is above it all.

Why the heck does Theresa look so "stricken" every time she sees Brady & Nicole talking?

Oh, yes, broken record here. Both Jen & Abby come from "graduation" in their summer clothes. Gosh, bet millions of midwesterners wish they could all be so lucky to have Salem mid-winter weather. Abby in her see thru white top, Jen in heels. How really fortunate, no snow, either. LOL

I was surprised to hear Chad asked Rafe to be his best man. Then again, who else would he ask? JJ? Nope, since JJ's none to happy about this marriage. Will's dead, Sonny is wherever. He didn't want to put pressure on Theo to do it. And I guess T is no longer around.

Before commenting on today's episode, a moment of thanks that there was no mention of the disgusting Steve-Ava situation. Contrary to yesterday, there were a few moments of happiness, however brief -- JJ in his new uniform, Abigail pleased with her wedding dress, and Nicole and Jeannie T. glad to be rid of Ms. Blue Chunk. Of course,there's rarely happiness at the DiMansion, where the battered Andre was going off to Chad about Father's killing. OK, he's figured out the truth about Stefano's demise and retrieved his ring, but before getting the obligatory revenge, why doesn't he retrieve the Phoenix's body? Since when is a pile a rubble deemed to be a suitable resting place for a DiMera. Finally, Rafe had better guess again if he thinks that mere warnings will stop Andre. Perhaps, he should talk to Roman about the time he was buried alive.

So after today, I agree : there will be no wedding. They will turn Chad all bad, I'm pretty sure. I hope I'm wrong, and Chad actually decides to forget the "family" and save Hope from Andre. Heck, I want Chad to tell Hope, "I know you killed my father, you did Salem a favour, now let me do something for you" and Bam ! Chad kills Andre, or just has someone kill him. I don't care, just make Andre go away.

Don't you love how everyone apparently posed for Deimos, white background and everything ? Unless these are some kind of corporate pictures taken from the Internet ? Anyway...

Kate : I don't care. I wish she would go away.

Theresa : Too bad she seems to be all insecure about Nicole and Brady and she'll probably do something stupid again. Because for the first time, I actually liked her, when she talked to Abby about Jennifer. Yes, mark your calendars, people, I liked Theresa. But the ending with her jealousy ruined the moment, alas.

Jennifer : Wow ! She's going downhill fast. And... still in high heels ! :rolleyes:

Rafe and Hope : While many here hate them together, I don't. I just think it was too fast, and this storyline of Hope and Rafe covering Stefano's murder is just too... stupid, but still. I see the potential there. Please, no tomatoes !

Lani : Still creepy. I'm not feeling her right now.

JJ, Shawn and Roman working together ? Yeah, I can go for that. And a mention of Jack Devereaux. Yes ! I liked it !

I had the same thought about Chad/Abigail and the dress, no wedding. But... I loved the scenes where they argued about him seeing her in the dress, his eyes getting teary. The whole exchange was sweet. And also the highlight of today's show, for me. I do hope though, that Theresa and Abigail continue to be friendly. I liked their scenes today too. One thing I can say for these writers is they've done a good job reforming Theresa. She's become rather enjoyable.

And the rest of the show... Nope. I hate this Brady "carrying Daniel on" business already. If I'd written it, Nicole would have been in the accident with Daniel and gotten his heart, somehow.

Andre is already better than the Salem PD figuring things out. Hopefully JJ and Shawn can help the PD step things up a bit. So Andre was right and I really wasn't sure what Chad thought!

Good call on the wedding not happening, I didn't even think of it!

I have a feeling that Kate is not done with either men she dealt with today.

I laughed at the little notes on the back of Deimos' pics. It was like Kiriakis family trading cards.

I haven't been able to watch any of this week's episodes, so this may already be known. I sure hope the papers Nicole and Theresa are signing do NOT include some clause that forbids Theresa from designing for some other business for the next 2 years. That would be just the kind of stunt Kate would pull.

I'm glad Theresa talked to Abby about Jennifer and the pills. It was interesting
to see Jen so happy.

I don't know how Jennifer can wear shoes that tall even if her
back wasn't hurting.

Brady finally realizes the woman in his dreams isn't Nicole.. but who is she.

Line of the day goes to Roman when he told JJ he got through the academy
at warp speed.

I need to watch this one again but I could have sworn Jennifer had a chest scar today. I liked "high" Jen.

I didn't hate the Jeannie T/Abby scenes but they would have been better if they'd discussed Tate and Tom. The dress was beautiful too. I also enjoyed the Chad/Abby stuff. I for one hope we do get a wedding because it's been almost 2 years since the show has had a happy wedding.

I also really don't like Jeannie T with Brady and Nicole. It's just such a mismatch all around, both age-wise and intellectually. Jeannie T should be with Abby and Gabi and JJ and that age group. Maybe I could tolerate her working with Nicole but even that suspends reality due to her inexperience.

Deimos' cards also had info about each person on the back. The back of Justin's card listed Adrienne Johnson as his wife and Alexander Kiriakis as his first kid. I would love to see a freeze frame of this. I thought it was odd no Shawn or Ciara cards. I wonder if Shawn will end up getting hurt now that he is investigating Deimos. That could draw Belle back to him, especially if Philip causes it inadvertently.

I guess Shawn really is a cop. I'm ok with that and I'm also ok with him working with his cousin JJ.

Rafe is now the proverbial Salem best man. Since he's not acting like a real cop, I guess it's good to have alternative employment.

Really sick of seeing Nicole in that same frumpy outfit. I'm still wondering if those may be Daniel's clothes?

I feel like I missed a scene or 2 with Theo and Lani. Did we see the lunch?

Andre is annoying me with constantly touching the wound on his face.

Wow, that is like straight out of the SoapCentral bio for him!! LOL It really is very neatly typed. Actually the Kiriakis Trading Kards and Eduardo's journal need some 'splainin'!! (I am looking forward to Deimos and Eduardo going head to head at some point...I just hope it's not over Ms Blue Chunk.)
I liked "high" Jen.
We weren't quite at this level but it's still a fun memory...
jen stoned.gif jenn stoned.gif
I for one hope we do get a wedding because it's been almost 2 years since the show has had a happy wedding.
Me too! And that wedding was ruined within 9 months...I would actually love Chad and Abby to get married. I was late to begin enjoying them (felt it was too forced), but they have what it takes. Let's have one happy Salem couple, please!!
I guess Shawn really is a cop. I'm ok with that and I'm also ok with him working with his cousin JJ.
OK, first, because of some bizarre urge I can't control, I must point out they're second cousins. :wink: It's just who I am. Second, if he's just a cop I wonder what he was "in school" for because Police Academy is not very long - certainly not long enough to neglect Belle to the point where we could be sympathetic re: her affair. Third, if we're going to have a new generation of cops (Lani, JJ, Shawn-D), then I hope the writers imbue the Salem PD with the force of actually progressing storylines instead of just stalling them!!!

He could have been a cop already. However, he WAS doing something with Salem PD before he left.
I was just amazed that he got the position so quickly (and is not in uniform) while Lani had to wear a uniform and pass all kinds of tests, etc. before becoming detective, However, she WAS assigned to a detective while in uniform.......so.......is Shawn a beat cop, a detective or ??????

I was glad to hear that Chad asked Rafe to be his best man because it means that what I considered to be the best gosh darn bromance on soaps is still going strong albeit off screen. Here's how I would like to see it play out: The wedding party is standing at the altar Gabi is Abigail's maid of honor. The minister gets to the "Speak now or forever your peace" part and Gabi shocks everybody by saying loudly "I object" Shocked Chad and Abigail turn to her stricken then see that Gabi is grinning at Chad. He laughs, playfully wags his finger in her face and says "Oh, you!" The wedding guests remember the reason for Gabi's most excellent jest: Chad ruined her wedding to Nick by standing up announcing Nick wasn't the father of Gabi's child. Then they all burst into joyous uproarious laughter for oh fifteen to twenty minutes then the ceremony concludes and Chad, Abigail and little Thomas live happily ever after or until the crisis hits whichever comes first.

I was a bit confused by Roman assigning Shawn-Douglas to tail Deimos because I thought he was hired to work the the CSI unit. I'm by no means an expert on these kinds of things but are forensics guys (if that is indeed what Shawn does) routinely assigned to tail people? But on the other hand I have a feeling I know where this is going to lead story wise and it makes sense.

As far as JJ goes I can accept him already graduating from the Academy. But are they really going to put a rookie who literally just graduated his first day on the job on a case like this? At this rate I fully expect him to be in plainclothes with his detective badge within a month. Then he'll be Chief of Detectives within two and should Roman decide to retire JJ will likely be Commissioner by the end of the Summer.

Deimos, so far, has done nothing wrong, so the cops are "just keeping an eye" on him. I did not think at all that JJ was assigned or limited or whatever with forensics. However, that stuff is something cops have to know about when collecting evidence, not contaminating it, etc. I am sure that is what JJ was referring to when he mentioned the book helped him on the test. And the "test" covers a lot of territory.

I have no idea who Abby was intending to be her maid of honor, but I don't think she & Gabi have been close at all. Am guessing the gal closest to her in age would be maybe Theresa. That is the problem when a show doesn't let the characters have friends. Just friends one has coffee with, lunch, chatter, etc. Heck, have not even heard a mention by either parent of godparents. LOL

I didn't think JJ was assigned to forensics either. I was only referring to Shawn-Douglas specifically on that one because I thought they said that was what the job he was being hrid for was but I could be wrong about that. :)

I agree that it's problematic that characters aren't allowed to really have friends when it comes think weddings and what not. The reason why I mentioned Gabi being Abigail's maid of honor is because they were close at one time and it fit my scenario.

Back