Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb 9, 2018

John may have taken them to the soundproof crypt so he could get them out of earshot. Don't know, pretty much don't care. We had some terrific writing and now it appears we have third string hacks pouring manure on everything.

Could Lani just leave town but at least tell JJ the truth first? I can't stand any scene she is in anymore.

Abby stop moaning about Andre. Just stop already. Really am still hoping Andre isn't dead.

Stefan and Vivian, such a let down

Ciara the recast had made me like Claire, which I did NOT think possible.

Keep Tripp but maybe find him a different girlfriend.

Chad, what do you see in Abby?

Keep Chad, Eli, Val, Victor and Maggie.

Lose Brady, Eve and Sonny.

Fix it or lose your viewers.

Thanks Poirot

Interesting episode.

Was this the first time we heard what ISA means? International Security Alliance.
The "S" should be for "Stupid" since the man turned his head on Paul.

I was wondering too about Will gaining his memory back during this time since
he was in a bad situation.

Great seeing Justin. I guess Carrie couldn't help Gabi since they're not related.

I had to fast forward Chad and Abby finally. I'm not here for them going on and on about Andre. They need to get out of this Dimera bubble once and for all. Move out of the DiMansion and get Abby a job at The Spectator and Chad back to running his own business.

I agree!! But why have Abby go on and on about Andre? I think Abby had something to do with it! That's why I found their conversation suspicious - Abby's not convincing me that she thinks Gabi is innocent (even though she may know she is!)

Abby needs to perk up, show some energy, some spark. She really is dull....in her makeup, her clothing, her demeanor, her conversation. Currently, it is quite the contrast to the way the previous actress portrayed the character, and I do understand that when there is a recast there will be a change in a character.

But, will say, the writing for the the Chad/Abby scenes in this episode left a lot to be desired. Both Actors were more or less "phoning it in".

Then there was that awfully staged/directed hospital scene with Kayla, the Chief of Staff, doing CPR, and hospital personnel standing and gawking. What happened to rushing around for crash cart, paddles, etc. ???

I also think John has faked harming Will & Paul...but really not sure about Steve knowing anything. There had to be a reason John destroyed that one vial when he was all alone.

Both Actors were more or less "phoning it in".
The material is terrible. Abby's writing has been especially bad lately. I agree with Heather; they need out of the DiMera bubble. Let's have problems at Doug's Place with absentee owners Chloe and Julie. Chad swoops in, buys controlling interest, and re-re-re-invents it as Club TBD. I would love Abby actually to go to work for the Intruder and be a competitor to her mother's Spectator.

Oh, we have had a lot of recasts who brought something different to the character, in my opinion. We recently got a new Ciara, we have had many Mike Hortons, a couple of Billies, Jennifers, even a Bo, Belle, Shawn, Austin, Chad...and each replacement actor brought their own "flavor" to the character they were taking on, some more successfully than others.

And this is why the scene of Kayla doing CPR on Steve was ........HUH? Marlena called for help...this is what arrived.... then just stood and gawked..

DVpllFXVAAENygM.jpg

Barb, I agree completely with what you said. My point, however, is that a recast actor should try to keep the character the way he/she was instead of bringing their take on the character to the screen. Abigail was fine the way she was. I think the current actress should play the part as close to the old Abigail as possible. I see no need to change a character just because a different actor is in the part. Yes, I do understand that the two actresses may be totally different in real life, but the on-screen persona should be the same unless the storyline calls for there to be a difference. That's why they call it acting.

Okay, they are not going to make it appear that Paul and Will are dead, and then subject everybody in Salem to their funerals and saying goodbye and grieving.

I live to serve. :)

Seriously, I don't think we'll have to worry about that. I think John is just going to stash our intrepid wanna-be Hardy Boys somewhere safe where they are out of danger and out of his hair. But I don't think it's going to go as far arranging fake funerals or anything that. At least I sincerely hope not.

Thanks, Troy42. I needed that.

@KathyLu..you are right....Abby had a lot of spunk, and daring.....& I certainly cannot envision the current Abby disrobing and snuggling up to a passed out Austin, or doing the same in the public men's shower at the gym with EJ. As I said elsewhere here, she has no energy currently. But see, the presently recast Ciara is more like Ciara would be grown up., she is full of fire, lots of sass. When they first SORAS'd the teens, it was hard to believe that was Ciara, just too bland.

But then, every one always says John Wayne always played John Wayne, whether riding a horse & wearing a cowboy hat, or a 3 pc. suit, LOL :)

He more or less appointed himself. Actually, he went to the board without Chad, Kate or Andre knowing, talked them into voting him CEO, since the others have not done well, he is a new DiMera with tons of successful business experience.

Back