Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 13 , 2017

Now, when I heard Orwell, I thought right away of GEORGE ORWELL, the author...

so, here is something interesting. There is a game..called Orwell...Here is the description...

The titular Orwell is a program for surveilling The Nation's citizens. You play as an investigator, and your job is to analyse the digital footprint of any citizens that The Party has marked as a potential threat. At first you're scouring public and state records—newspapers, websites and police databases. But soon, the intrusion goes deeper. You read emails and chat logs, listen to phone calls, and, in extreme cases, dig through your target's computer.

As you read through the information, the Orwell system will highlight relevant passages of text as data chunks. The system itself is incredibly literal, and unable to distinguishes nuances of language. It can't, for instance, tell that, by listing their current location as 'The Internet', your target is making a funny joke. In fact, if Orwell was analysing that last sentence, it would offer a data chunk saying I thought putting 'The Internet' as your location is a funny joke. It doesn't do sarcasm.

So, guess the writers based Andre's spy device on this game.PERHAPS

Oh JJ is going to regret telling Gabi about the investigation! His boss specifically told him it was to stay between the two of them. Now half the town already knows or will soon. Someone commented a day or so ago that JJ is too young and inexperienced to have been promoted to this position. I agree. He has made some very poor choices in the past couple of years, but he sure is getting to learn a lot of things--the hard way. Wonder if any of it will stick?

I finally got caught up watching. I never thought it possible that I could root for Andre under any circumstances, but if I had to choose sides at this point, I would favor him over Deimos.

Another surprise to myself is that although I still am no fan of Dario, I found myself enjoying the exchange between him and Abigail. I've wanted Chad and Abby to work things out right along but I have to admit I saw more of a spark between Abigail and Dario today than I have between her and Chad, since she got back.

Once again someone gets right up out of a coma and takes off. Only in Salem.

That would seem normal, Just Samantha. Even if somebody hadn't been in a coma but had been bedfast for an extended period of time, they'd be too weak to hop out of bed and take off. I wonder if Chloe walked to the Kiriakis Mansion or took a taxi. She didn't have a purse or anything with her when she showed up at Nicole's door.

Yeah, definitely, Chloe leaving an hour after waking up is beyond stupid. I was actually hospitalized some time ago after a terrible accident, and I was confined to my bed for eight days (total stay 16 days). I was conscious (except for the time of the accident itself), not in a coma.

When it was time to get up and take a few steps, two nurses and my dad had to help me, while my mother watched anxiously. It felt like my feet were as thick and as hard as bricks. The feeling was so strange. I was still connected (is it the right word?) to the heart rate machine and believe it or not, the effort of those first steps had the alarm go off on the machine. :eek: Boy that scared me. And my mom and dad. But the nurses were quick to reassure us that it was normal that I would be having difficulties at first and that my heart rate would be high. And I won't even go into the dizziness I felt. But after a few days, it was O.K.

So... walking out of the hospital? Yeah, right Days' writers. Once again... good job! Nice research! So believable! And sooooo entertaining! :sarcasm:

See, writers, the pace at which Chloe got up and left the hospital is the pace you should give to storylines. I believe you got mixed up... again! :rolleyes:

Yes and what about the nurses?! They just let her walk out of the hospital against the rules? Every hospital has a rule that you must be ambulatory-assisted and/or in a wheelchair to prevent accidents. The number of patients who sue for damaged otherwise is astrological. Only in Salem.:confused:

Yes, OC, they would ring and the monitor would buzz. Plus her room is right outside the nurses station! There would be physicians, nurses, aides and a unit secretary right there. Total absurdity that Chloe could dress without a professional responding to the alarms. Even in Salem.

Thanks for the summary. A good show--much more interesting than the previous few, for sure.

OC, I also had the thought that sometime in the near future, Dario & Abigail and Chad & Gabi will become some sort of items. I wouldn't mind if it's temporary. I do want her and Chad to be together in the end, but for now I think that set up would be far more entertaining. This microchip thing also could have some potential if they do it right--I like that they're doing the umbrella thing now, and involving JJ.

Chloe getting out of the hospital so quickly is absolutely ridiculous. They should've just waited and used her being in the hospital and remembering the truth as the cliffhanger.

Back