Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 15, 2016

Speaking of "Patch's" son, do black market babies really have it that bad? I thought it was just illegal adoption and those babies go to good families sometimes.

Well, to give Patch credit, he did say he would have to first ascertain if she really did give birth, then when, where, etc. That child (if he actually exists) could be in Italy for all anyone knows. Spain, Mexico. So, where does he start? (Remember when Sami sold Belle on the black market, the baby went to France. )

Hope is going to confess to self-defense on the murder & hope she can get off. It's strange for sure. I am not sure how they can prove that considering it wasn't true. Surprised for sure when Ava knocked out Kayla. She has become a crazy psycho again for sure.

Color me confused, could someone explain Hope's logic in confessing to murder? Now after she has murdered Stefano, Hope is worried about Ciara! How ridiculous. What far away place will Patch go to look for his son? Why spend weeks having Patch talking about never trusting Ava and then fall into her trap so easily?
There's little logic in Salem, but here goes. Unless she could prove she was suffering from temporary insanity, Hope is guilty of murder for sending Stefano to join EJ, Santo, Benjy, Lexie, and Bart in the Maison Blanche in the sky. The fact that she and Rafe went to such lengths to hide the Phoenix's mortal remains wouldn't do her temporary-insanity defense much good. If she falsely confesses to the fatal shooting of Dr. Malcolm, there's no evidence to rebut her claim of self-defense unless, as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, the mad scientist was neatly shot in the back of the head or right between the shoulder blades. Of course she'd better be convincing, especially when explaining why she hasn't confessed before. Naturally, this being Salem, perhaps Victor could just wave his hand (or whisper in D.A. Justin's ear) and make things go away "just like that" as he did when foolish Chelsea faced possible homicide charges in the drugging death of Salem U. date-rapist Ford Decker

Well, from what I remember, Malcolm was shot from a distance away, and with Hope's gun. He had wrested it from her, and after he bested her in their physical altercation, had gone off with it.
O.K. so agree.....very little logic in Salem. very little common sense either.
Justin is so very gung ho on hangin' anyone, if he has the slightest feeling Hope is not on the up and up, into the slammer she will go. Just like Chad.

All secrets in Salem seem to have a way of coming out. Wonder how long it will take for this one.

Thanks for the summary. Kind of a silly episode.

The one thing I DID love were all the scenes with Chad/Abigail/Thomas and Steve, who finally gets to see them. What a treat. More of this, please!!

The Hope & Rafe storyline is so silly to me that I'd rather watch 2012 reruns of Princess Gina & the Pawn trying to find the Anastasia egg for Stefano. It just doesn't make any sense and destroys the character of Hope, who should be mourning, being with her kids, and showing more concern over the accident. How did she find out about it, exactly?

I'm glad she did and asked about Eric, but why hasn't she visited Brady or Cuz yet? Or for that matter, gone to console Victor and Maggie for the loss of Daniel? Also annoying is the character of Andre. Despite the fact that a fantastic actor plays him, he has no true storyline and his return is pointless. It would've been much better if he was one of Ben's murder victims instead of Will.

How the heck is Joey in love with Ava when he barely knows her? Ava is someone whose return I looked forward to, but much like Andre, has also been a letdown. Her clocking Kayla on the head was surprising, but we've already had a kidnapping/hostage situation with both Abigail/Chad/Wendy and Bo. Is another one just a few months later really necessary?

I finally watched this episode. I especially appreciate the summaries because some of this stuff I just can't watch. Sorry, but I am skipping a bunch of the Rafe/Hope stuff. I like both characters and am so disappointed in the direction they have been taken. I'm hoping not watching some of it will help me to not end up completely disliking either character, once this story has passed.

The kind of whack Kayla got on the head is what usually kills people in murder mystery shows. I trust Kayla will survive though. The end of Ava can't come soon enough for me. I wonder how Steve is going to react to learning how Ava drew Joey into her web.

Back