Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 16, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 16, 2015

Tis the opening of Victor's Club, which so far has no name other than "the club". However, we are all over Salem with various folks, as everyone is not there. Serena is looking at the photos again, figures she can do this, puts them back in the envelope, knock at the door. It is Eric with a big gift box, she is all excited, opens it, and it is the picture of that exotic bird shewanted. She squeals how even more beautiful it is blown up, thanks him, kissing passionately, she starting to push off his jacket. Tsk, tsk, nope. Eric says they are rushing themselves, so, wearing her long fancy sweater that barely covers her butt, they leave. (sorry, but this is mid winter and THAT is ridiculous. LOL)

Daniel is about to take off his shirt, knock, knock, tis Nicole, arriving early, could not wait to do this, kiss, kiss. but he says they really should get to the club, for Rafe's sake, is going to shower, a cold one, wait there. He runs off, she gets a call from Ted, who is pestering her about the scoop he has on Serena. Nicole debates a lot, flashing back to Daniel's warning to her, but is still debating, while Ted wants an answer now, or he goes to a competitor. Daniel is in the hot shower (hey, he DOES SHOWER) when he is joined by Nicole.He asks about the phone, she says it was work, someone with a tip, she did not think it worth the time or trouble. He is taken aback a bit, but she insists she would rather be here, right now, than anywhere else. Kissssss.

Adrienne arrives at the guys' apartment, Lucas is babysitting, they do a lot of joking and teasing back and forth, nice scenes. Finally Arianna is off to sleep, they decide to play cribbage, Adrienne noting she has not played for years, is very rusty at it. But is up for $.05 a point. LOL

Tad comes over to talk to Sonny in the very empty Club TBD. They talk a bit about Will, who has evidently been ignoring Tad, so he is glad to know it is because of a story he is working on. Tad mentions the new Club, Sonny tells him his uncle offered it to him, he turned it down....and no, his uncle is not trying to run him out of business. They are only open at night, while TBD is open all day, has good customers, loyal ones, they will be fine.

Will is in his office, Paul arrives. Will thought they should meet somewhere they could stay focused. Paul wonders if Will thinks they could not stay focused in his hotel room. They talk about being gay, how this story will help lots of people. Paul thinks maybe the haters will come out, with all the "ballplayer is a fag" comments. Will says he has not heard that word in so long...and then is telling Paul how he came out after visiting a gay club, about being accused of a murder, how his family helped, plus this wonderful man who was so supportive and so kind. Paul used to know someone like that. Will asks about Paul's family, Paul gets very uptight suddenly, and says he doesn't want to talk about his family, and then abruptly has changed his mind, is not coming out in the article, and walks out. Will gathers up his things and goes chasing after him.

Maggie has walked in on Melanie & Brady kissing, is all "oops, I thought you were friends". We are, and the babbling begins, both Brady & Melanie. Maggie wants to see Brady alone, Melanie goes out in the hall, but eavesdrops. Maggie only wants to warn Brady that he just got over the drugs and alcohol, it is too soon to get into a relationship. He knows that, but they are not really in one yet. Melanie barges back in, would never hurt Brady, blah, blah. Now Maggie wants to talk to Melanie alone, Brady goes out. Melanie babbles a bit, but then calms down, is very serious, reminds Maggie that a lot of folks warned her about Victor, but they fell in love anyway. Maggie admits this is true, yada, yada. Brady comes in, Maggie notes neither of them respect a closed door. Melanie says she has to go, Maggie leaves the room, Brady says he feels like a 15 year old, while Mel says 16 1/2, then laughing she is the older woman. LOL. They awkwardly decide to see each other tomorrow, during daylight hours, as Maggie suggested, do a handshake, and she leaves.

Over to the night club, music playing, Theresa & Anne arrive, Theresa immediately tries to hit on Rafe (who sadly is not wear a white tux, lol...black jacket, white shirt, no tie), and then finds out he is a friend of her father's, so ditches that idea. Next she tries to hit on this guy whose back is to her, he turns, it is Eric. She kids around that she knew it, was just having some fun. She joins Anne, who is moaning about some married guy, trying to pretend he is not, both go out into the square. Anne is a bit ticked off, no fun out here, but Theresa always eyes some guy, decides to go say hello, while Anne returns inside. She goes up to the lanky, unshaven, buzz cut fellow, who says his name is Clint. She flirts like mad, he is ready to party big time.

Inside Rafe has greeted Eric & Serena, who find a table, the joint is really hopping. Daniel & Nicole arrive, Daniel remembers he left his phone in the car, goes to get it. Nicole talks of all the favorable stuff she already has seen on twitter...(how sad people cannot go to this hip club opening, without tweeting and texting constantly). Rafe gets her a martini, she gives it "4 olives" being that good. He goes to take care of something, she gets up, is walking a bit, some guy bumps into her, her drink splashes out....and onto Serena. Nicole is apologizing, Serena turns around, is furious. Nicole is explaining it was that guy, who of course is now gone. Serena is all "what guy", and shoves Nicole a bit as she gets past her. Nicole pushes back, Serena throws her purse on a table, and pushes Nicole back onto a lounge chair. Sparks are flying at each other from both pairs of eyes.

Because of DA PLOT, sway. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile - I loved Jeannie T & Anne. Rafe was cool, too.

I want Will the lying skank, Brady the teetering drunk, Melanie the toddler, and Eric the snoop to die. (I suggest Jeannie Theresa, out of Salem dating options, becomes the next Salem Strangler. She can even strangle Hattie Adams on a Friday.)

Serena needs to leave town now. She's annoyed me beyond belief. Every day she is on spitting vitriol at Nicole, I think it takes 10 months off of my Days viewing span. (Because I love the actress and wanted her on the show for over a year. And this is what we get.)

Got to watch live today, long weekend for me and my husband. too. My husband never watches, but he saw the picture Eric gave to Serena and asked "what is that, a vulture?" I remarked "yes she probably is, but he doesn't know it just yet". Good times :rotfl:

Good for Nicole turning the tipster down. Let's hope this is the last time the temptation is offered.

Loved the scenes with Adrienne and Lucas today. They are building a nice friendship. I hope it stays that way.

I hate to see Sonny continuously hurt by his pouty, selfish husband so I kind of zoned out during the scenes with Will and Paul. I do appreciate the summary though, Poirot.

What makes Maggie think that people only 'do it' after dark?

The club scenes with Theresa and Anne were fun. The one where Theresa waltzed up to a total stranger (Clint) in the square, with wine in hand, no one around...sorry, I don't think she's THAT stupid. He looks kind of rapey and she doesn't even know his net worth for cripes sakes. Come on, writers, sheesh.

I hope somebody saw what happened when Nicole spilled the drink on Serena and Serena shoved her before Nicole takes the blame for yet another circumstance she didn't create. Alternatively, Nikki could beat the living you-know-what out of Serena and I'd be good with that also. :fan:

edited to write out texting phrase.....JS

I'm betting no one saw, and Eric will blow up at Nicole, and Daniel won't defend her. :angry:I wonder if the tipster is really working with or for Serena (Screamena, I would rather call her), and trying to set Nicole up, so that Serena has another reason to run to Eric about meanie Nicole.

Agree that Rafe should be wearing a tux. After all, "Club Victor" is supposed to be a high-class place where people come to party and have a good time, not to publicly air their myriad grievances. To keep out the socially maladjusted (this means you, Eric and Serena) the place really needs a velvet rope and an imposing doorman to screen who gets in. With customers like sourpuss Eric and the demented Serena there, Salem's in-crowd will quickly find another place to party. As for Jeannie T., she really needs to get a grip. If she keeps immediately hitting on every hunk that she meets, she'll be in for a long series relationship disasters, and end up an embittered nut-case like Eve. Finally, pity poor Lucas. He used to be at the center of the Salem social swirl, but now he's reduced to babysitting and engaging in idle chit-chat with Adrienne. Get with it writers, Lucas needs a real story line.

Why didn't Will use it before?

Because Hope, Marlena, Abigail and Jordan, Jennifer, Roman, and Daniel had the priority on this time share. Poor Will is stuck with two dates on the calendar : January 16th, and next summer, June 8th. :rolleyes:

It's official : I hate Serena ! She's definitely up to no good (art thief, counterfeiter, or something to that effect). And yep, I'm pretty sure Nicole will get blamed and Serena will come out smelling like roses. :beat: And to think Nicole refused the anonymous tip. All because of Daniel and his high standards. I do understand Nicole's choice, but Dan The Man (as much as I wanted him and Nicole to get together a while back) is disappointing me with his demands. All this to say, I hope Nicole does investigate Serena and comes out on top. And I want everyone (Eric, Daniel, Maggie, Marlena, Melanie, etc.) to eat crow.

Will : He's such a jerk. Sonny and Will are definitely ruined. And I'm getting tired of Paul already. Too bad. He had potential, but now ? I doubt the writers can do something decent with this character.

Anne and Theresa : So funny. Especially Anne (did I see some kind of an homage to the dancing lady in HTS ? :rotfl: ) . Theresa is an idiot for going to the guy at the end. Not very careful, is she ?

Line of the day goes to Melanie : "We're responsible adults now !" To which I say : Since when ? :eek: She's still acting like a toddler to me. And now, Brady has joined in. Maggie was right : I too was getting a headache hearing them talk.

The good thing about today's show (aside from Nicole, who I hope will knock the self righteousness out of Serena tomorrow), was : No Ben, Abigail, Jordan, Clyde, Eve, Paige and JJ. So, thank you for that.

Edited to add : I do like the friendship between Adrienne and Lucas. Though to make it happen, they make Justin look like a total jerk. Anyway, no more than friendship, please. And more storylines for both these great characters, especially Lucas.

I took one look at Clint and said to myself "he's working for Kristen." I think it was a week ago when we saw the oh so menacing Dr. Mandrake sitting in his oh so dark office reporting to Kristen that he was keeping tabs on Theresa. So I have no doubt that this will tie into that oh so idiotic storyline.

Serena and Nicole. I don't know about the rest of you but there is nothing I appreciate more then two mature women handling their differences in an intelligent manner. You go girls! :sarcasm:

I would say this was a decent episode over all but then I consider anyday when we see both Tad and little Arianna a good one.

I took one look at Clint and said to myself "he's working for Kristen."
Firmly agree about this Clint. My first thought was that with that close-cropped haircut, black shirt, and leather jacket, he looked as if he worked for Clyde or Stefano. He seems more like a thug than the rich sugar daddy that Jeannie T. has been looking for. What's her plan -- use this guy to scare away her annoying critics like Prissy Jenny, Ms. Perfect, and Nurse Betty Boop?

Theresa was funny trying to pick up guys. First Rafe then Eric.
Anne had a funny line about meeting a man getting a smoothie
before he goes back to the nursing home.

Nice to see Tad today. It's been too long.

Seeing Lucas and Adrienne playing with Ari was nice too.

Will there be an official name for the nightclub? Or will people
just call it Victor's club?

I thought Daniel was in a hot shower. He told Nicole
he would be taking a cold one :)

Thanks for the summary. Nice episode today.
Firstly, I loved all the friendship scenes. Lucas and Adrienne's friendship is nice--PLEASE< for the love of G-d, let it STAY as friendship! It's great seeing Daniel, Nicole, and Rafe all together again. I wish they had more scenes. And although she shouldn't have had to do this, good thing that she turned down the tip. Her and Daniel in the shower :rotfl: yup, looks like the same EJ-Abby shower. I'm also hoping she beats the crap out of Serena (even though I'm not one for violence) because I'm tired of that wench spewing vitriol at her. But of course, Nicole will probably get blamed and Serena treated as the innocent victim. :rolleyes: I also enjoyed Anne and Theresa. What a hoot.

Thank goodness for none of the Jennifer/JJ/Eve/Paige/Chad/Jordan/Ben/Abby/Clyde nonsense. But we still had to deal with annoying filler in the way of Brady, Maggie, and Melanie. Oh, and for that matter, Will/Paul/Sonny. But it was nice seeing T.

I wish Nicole had told Rafe about her suspicions about Serena. That way at least one person will understand what actually happened after the catfight, as I'm sure Serena will spin it as all Nicole's fault, which all of Salem loves to believe anyway.

I thought the new club was a little young for the crowd that was in it. It shouldn't really be competing with Sonny's club, as the demographic is different. I could see the people who were at the opening enjoying Sonny's club more while people just a little older than JJ (only because you have to be 21 to drink) would enjoy the new club a bit more. It was enjoyable seeing Anne have fun, though, and Theresa accidentally hitting on Eric was really funny.

The shower scene between Daniel and Nicole did nothing for me (except make me wonder why Daniel wears his necklace in the shower--won't it mess up the string to get it wet?). Nicole's hair at the club was a lot more attractive/interesting to me than that scene. At least they didn't get overly graphic this time.

Loved the scenes between Lucas and Adrienne and agree with DaysD--please let them just stay friends. Also little Ari looks a lot like Adrienne.

Back