Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 19, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 19, 2018

We go back and forth, round and round with various Salemites, with the conversations all centered on Andre. Chad sits in the park with Abby, explaining why he feels Andre is the traitor within the company, while Abby defends him right and left. She claims Andre changed, good person, etc.

In Stefan's office, Vivian is insisting they have to terminate Andre permanently, making no bones that she means he has to die. Stefan refuses to kill Andre, Vivian says then she will do it herself, talking of getting Dr. Wu or someone else to make sure he doesn't return from the dead.

Kate has gone to pick up Lucas who is done with his rehab after 28 days. He is really looking good, she is so happy, does her fake tears bit. Lucas is really in a great mood, she talks then of Andre, how he told her he loved her, and she did not answer, but that he makes her feel good, stands up for her, blah, blah. Lucas figures then the answer must be she does love him.

And then there is Andre himself, who has just fired Gabi, claiming she was guilty of fraud. Fiery, feisty Gabi sits and refuses to be fired, but Andre says her seed money came from her hired assassin father, which she failed to tell them. She insists she had nothing to do with anything her father did, and built her company herself, but Andre says he can fire her, tis in the contract fine print. She reminds him that Chad & Abby will be upset about this, won't let him do it, and Kate has always supported Gabi, she is Ari't mother. Kate won't be pleased. Andre is not moved, shows her out.

Brady is at the club, chatting with Chloe, who tells him of her conversation with Eve, wonders just what is going on with him, is she playing him, or is Brady playing her. Chloe feels like there really is something there between the two of them.

Eve sits with Tate, telling him some fairy tale, but using Prince Tate, Princess Theresa, Prince Brady....etc. She is getting to where it does seem it will turn nasty, wicked queens, etc. but Maggie comes in takes Tate to have some chocolate chip cookies that Cook just baked. She returns later, Tate is napping, and gives Eve a hard time about hurting Brady, who doesn't need that, Theresa already hurt him so badly. She goes to check on Tate, Eve takes out her phone, calls Theresa. She is leaving a message about not hearing from her in a long time, doesn't know if Theresa checks her messages, but misses her, so does Tate. She cuts the call short as Brady walks in, she says the call was business.

Lucas goes to the Club to see Chloe, they have a nice conversation, he thanks her for all her help, asks her out. She cannot go at night, so busy there, so he suggests daytime. Maybe go ice skating, have a hot chocolate. She agrees, he will be back 11 a.m.

Kate comes into Andre's office, has something to tell him, and proceeds to admit she does love him. He is happy to hear that, but has something to tell her, hope she feels the same after hearing it.

And now, it is evidently much later. Vivian is in the study, telling Stefano's picture what a great son they have, and such a huge heart.

Chad comes into the room where Kate sits on a sofa, looking upset and wrung out.... says bad night, huh. Yes.

Lucas arrives at the club, bearing ice skates, ready for their date, but Chloe cannot go. Seems her agent called, and in Vienna, the lead for Salome' has left, it is Chloe's probable last chance to play that role. She leaves this afternoon with Parker, will be gone for 2 mos. Lucas knows it is a good opportunity for her, wishes her the best. She wants a rain check on the date when she returns. He jokes the ice may be all melted but they can do something else. Tis a date.

Eve & Brady wake up in bed, seems they always end up like this, he wishes, tho, he could remember it all. They see a message that the IPO launch is delayed.

Gabi, who ran into Abby earlier, yapped all about Andre firing her, and how she will kill him for this, is now sitting alone on a park bench, seeing the press release about the IPO.

Vivian rushes into Stefan's office. Don't go anywhere, we have to get our stories straight.

Abby comes down the hall, enters Andre's office, gasps as she sees Andre's body on the floor. No, no, no, no, she goes and kneels down, calling his name. no, no, no. She buries her face in her hands.

Ok, so the suspects are:

Obvious:
Kate
Gabi
Vivian

Not as obvious:
Stefan (Vivian could have told him to do it, or he's already obsessed with Gabi, and Andre hurt Gabi, therefore using psycho obsessive logic)

Out of left field:
Anna (because why not)

Andre and Gabi: I really enjoyed those scenes. But then I always enjoy feisty Gabi. I've always gotten a kick out of how Andre always seems somewhat bemused by his inability to intimidate her.

I must say I feel a bit cheated after spending so much time boiling tar and pulling feathers out of pillows. Aww, well, I guess I'll just keep them handy in case Andre gets better. If not, I'm sure Stefan will eventually do something to deserve a good ol' tar and feathering.

And I I can't even say "he's dead to me now" because Chad already used it and it will be redundant. I was so looking forward to saying it too. *sigh*

On the flip side, it was nice to see Lucas looking healthy, happy and clean cut. I had almost forgotten that he had more facial expressions in his repertoire than a scowl.

I was going to go off on the absurdity of Andre's claims of fraud and Gabi's ineffectual protests, but now that he appears to be dead, instead here are some hopefully helpful hints for Hope's hapless police department. For Hope's benefit, here's a cheat-sheet to help her sort out the suspects, both obvious and far-fetched.
  • Vivian: Andre killed by a poisoned comb;
  • Kate: Andre has brownie crumbs around his mouth;
  • Stefan O.: professional DiMera-style hit;
  • Gabi: Andre [shot] to death like Nick Fallon;
  • Brady: arrival of the K-jet with Xander aboard;
  • Eduardo: trademarked hit carried out by a graduate of his old assassins' academy;
  • Dario: Andre killed by his own laptop because of some secret digital weapon designed by Myron Raddatz;
  • Anna: harm has been done to Tony's urn;
  • Roman (he did it for Anna): tainted Wanchai Ferry Chinese food found in Andre's stomach;
  • Sami: Andre killed by very high-pitched sound waves;
  • Horton Cabin Raccoons: all of Andre's Cheetos, Ridgies, and gourmet pretzels have been taken.

Last edited:
Is Myron Raddatz in any way related to the journalist Martha Raddatz?

Myron was the computer expert, who left Salem after getting a job in Silicon Valley. (CA). He also was the guy bidding at the auction for the club, which is why Chloe & Julie joined forces to outbid him.

Thanks, Poirot.

Great seeing Lucas today. He looked great and he smiled. I hope he
and Chloe will date when she gets back.

Enjoying seeing Tater Tot today. He's changed a lot since we saw him last.

The suspect list is a long one. Chad needs to be on it too. Should we add
Hope? :)

I enjoyed the last few minutes with Kate talking to Chad about the long
night. Then Vivian told Stefan we need to get our stories straight.

It was wonderful seeing Lucas today, and to see him looking a lot better. I'm surprised that he and Chloe might be heading towards romance (again), as well as the fact that she's leaving in the short term. These are most welcome developments. I'm also please with the set-up for the Andre storyline. Looks like it will be interesting, especially with quite a few potential suspects. But I can't help wondering if this is really Andre, or another body double.

Andre's murder was too rushed and not enough of a buildup. I wish we had seen the scene with Kate and Andre when he obviously told her about firing Gabi, as that might be a clue about the murder.

They sure like to show Stefan in nothing but a towel when Vivian burst in on him.

I really liked seeing Lucas and Chloe today. Lucas looks really good with a haircut and shave. I liked how they wrote Chloe off as going to Vienna for Nadia Bjorlin's maternity leave. Better than just sending her to New York to her parents or the coma the previous headwriter put her in.

Apparently, Tater Tot is a recast based on this Instagram post:

Ok, so the suspects are:

Obvious:
Kate
Gabi
Vivian

Not as obvious:
Stefan (Vivian could have told him to do it, or he's already obsessed with Gabi, and Andre hurt Gabi, therefore using psycho obsessive logic)

Out of left field:
Anna (because why not)

I would add Abby, Chad, Tony (on account of the ashes mentions), and Hattie to this list as well.

The final set of scenes were the next morning, not the same day. There was a crawl on the screen when Lucas came into TBD.

I binge watched the entire week last night and it almost put me to sleep. It felt like one long continuous episode. They need to do a better job of balancing characters and stories because this entire week was Dimera, Theo, and Lani's baby. And way too much Kate and Stefan. It's crystal clear who Ron's favorites are and I don't like it.

I definitely think the murder was rushed and that there is a twist coming.

I was underwhelmed by Abby's reaction at the end.

Can Maggie parent and grandparent her own children instead of Marlena's?

And how on Earth do TPTB not see the chemistry between Eric Martsolf (Brady) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe)??? I'm open to Chloe and Lucas or even Chloe and Stefan but Brady and Eve are like nails on a chalkboard. That needs to end yesterday. Chloe is one of the few characters that makes Brady tolerable to watch.

Back