Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 22, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 22, 2016

In Vegas, Belle returns to the room, was playing blackjack, lost, charged the chips to the room, so victor will pay. They kibbitz a bit, Philip wants to stay there in Vegas, not go home, then gets serious about having the two of them get back together. Belle is not to into that idea, Philip has it all sounding fun and games, doesn't even want to go back to Salem, but Belle has a daughter, her job, etc. Now he puts the moves on her, for maybe Round 3 or 4, but she declines, suggests they pack.
Next they are home, he sees her to the apt. (her mom's), kiss, kiss. He leaves, knock, knock, tis Shawn, reminding her she said they could talk. She wonders if he was waiting out front for her to return. He wonders why she immediately jumped to Philip.

Andre' does his best to convince Chad that Stefano must be dead, Hope having killed him. He goes on about no word from father, the blood on the figurine, a plane chartered from a company Stefano never used before, the chess piece in the wrong place. Chad is not buying any of it, father is not dead, is coming back.

Jen & Abby are watching TV, binge watching some series for 3 hours, wants to start season 2...Jen says no, is going up to bed. Abby waits for a call from Chad. He does call, bids her good night, will see her in the a.m. Has something he wants to do.
Over at Hope's, she is trying to read some murder mystery, cannot get into it, Ciara is doing homework, finally goes to bed.
Chad goes to see Hope, tells her about Andre' convinced she harmed Stefano, out for revenge, he will run interference, if she can just tell him she had nothing to do with Stefano being gone. She smiles, Andre's claims are baseless. Chad leaves. Ciara comes down, Hope assures her all is well, they will all be safe.
Hope falls asleep, has nightmares about killing Stefano, which eventually wake her up. Chad is also having nightmares, about all Andre's accusations. He wakes up, goes to the window, sun has risen.

Belle & Shawn talk a bit, he blames himself for their troubles, was concentrating on his career, pushing her away, ignoring her, causing her to seek attention elsewhere. He wants to try and fix things. Well, Belle is tired, wants to get some sleep, they can talk about this tomorrow.
Over at the K mansion, Philip is telling his father how he succeeded in whatever business it was, but Victor knows he was late to a couple of meetings, yes, was keeping tabs on him. Phil gets ticked, doesn't Vic trust him. Victor apologizes, Bo's death, now Daniel's, plus Deimos is back in town. ....he is weary, yes he trusts Philip implicitly, knows he would never betray him. Hands Phil a file of something he was working on himself, tells Phil to take care of it.
Philip meets with Deimos at the park bench, wants out, is done, cannot betray his dad any more. Nope, says Deimos, you are in this to the end. No way can you bow out at all.

In the study, Andre's sits, fingering chess pieces, and thinking. A couple of his goons arrive. One has no word on any sighting of Stefano in Paris. The other only says Rafe went to and left from work regularly. Andre' gets ticked off, I am paying you for results. The first guy mentions not having been paid for 2 weeks. LOL. Andre' yells that he cannot be bothered with that now. Now the 2nd guy mentions Rafe going out of his way about 30 minutes, when returning home, slowing down, but not stopping at the 15 mile marker. Later, Andre' ponders this, finally going to evidently a map on his laptop, but there is nothing there but an old warehouse.

Abby had been househunting on line, so when Chad arrives, they set out to check out the options, leaving Jen to watch Thomas. Jen is complaining of her spasms, but is o.k. After they leave, Jen fingers the aspirin bottle, but puts it side, taking her prescription pain pills from her purse, takes one out, breaks it in half, taking just the half. Abby & Chad sit in the Pub, going over pics of various places they have looked at, but while Abby is chattering about this kitchen and that house, Chad's mind is elsewhere. She pulls him back to the present, he apologizes, just is thinking about Andre', and his father.

Hope is sleeping on the sofa, as Chase & Ciara come down to leave for school. Ciara tells Chase to go on ahead, she wants to talk to her mom about food for the party. She wakes Hope, tells her she is concerned about Andre' coming after them. Hope thinks Chase & Ciara should leave town for a bit, stay with Aunt Marie, but ciara won't leave without her. Hope agrees to go, too. Ciara wants Rafe to come along, her mom says absolutely not, no need. When Hope goes upstairs, Ciara sneaks a call to Rafe, asklng him to come right over she & her mom need to talk to him about something.

At the head of a flight of stairs (yes, we are in that warehouse) we see a figure in a neon safety vest and hard hat, huge flashlight, come in, come down the stairs, and begin flashing the light around.

Abby & Chad arrive back at her home, Jen says thomas just fell asleep, she grimaces, her back is acting up, she took 1/2 pain pill, but has not kicked in yet. She takes the food Chad brought, goes into the kitchen. Abby kisses Chad, is going to go check on her mom, leaving Chad to stay with Thomas. She leaves, his phone rings. It is Andre'...telling lhim to get over to 280 Hudson, it's a warehouse. Chad doesn't want to, but Andre' is yelling and screaming, at him, telling him something about Father. Chad hangs up, looks at Thomas, then to the door where Abby went.

And in the warehouse, Andre' is flashing that beam around, it lands on the pile of debris, including that wrapped up white blanket or sheet that we know is wrapped around Stefano.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. You fill in the blanks for me. As, I am sorry to say, I am again using the FF button.

Belle, Philip, nope, can't stand them. Especially Belle. She's ruined. Period.

This murder of Stefano : I can't believe Andre is going to find the body ! I just hope we don't get to see Stefano in it. That, and the morgue's scene yesterday, that is just too gross and creepy for me. No, thank you ! Just make it stop. Blow the building while Andre is in it (but before Chad arrives) and be done with it !

And lastly, Jennifer, (and you, idiot people in charge of costumes and wardrobe), a few words of advice from someone who really does suffer from back problems following an accident : GET RID OF THE HIGH HEELS !!!!! :angry: Seriously, how stupid is it to see Jennifer, in pain, walk in the kitchen with these ridiculous heels ! Come on, people, get real !

I cannot believe that Ciara is pushing Hope to Rafe. Way too soon Ciara, way too soon. I still think Hope is gonna crack. And Andre is at the warehouse. Guess Stefano is really going to be found dead. I won't believe it til I see it. :rotfl:

And Belle. Please reunite with Shawn and behave like the old Belle. I really like John Paul Lavoisier (Philip) but don't want him with Belle and I wish he would get his haircut.

Kudos to Andre for putting two and two together so quickly -- and without a visitation from the ghost of the Phoenix. Hope's nightmares would have been far worse if she knew Andre was at the warehouse. Not nearly as slick as Andre are lover-boy Shaggy Phil and the over-heated Belle. It's too bad they decided not to stay longer in Vegas. They might have run afoul of the likes of Nick Fallon's old "friend," grifter China Lee and the former "hosts" of Max and Stephanie, the thuggish Rawlings and his gun-toting all-girl gang. Of course, the shaggy one now has to deal with somebody far worse than those blasts from the past -- the diabolical Deimos. Speaking of Belle, poor Shawn was right on target when he said to her "of all people" when referring to Philly K. Finally, any Salemite wanting a quick trip to Vegas should book the Kiriakis jet. In terms of speed it seems like a better option than being teleported.

I noticed Jen walking to the kitchen in high heels also. Really? In severe pain and you are at home. Why would you wear heels? Good grief.

So what reason would Philip have to betray his father? What did Deimos offer him? I'm curious.

Do not like Rafe being pushed on Hope by Ciara. Come on writers....do not force this relationship. Hope just lost Bo. She was in love with Aiden. Just not believable that she is ready for a relationship. Let them continue being friends. I really hope they drop this forced pairing.

Belle. She is unrecognizable. I loved her character 2005-2008, but this person....is messed up.

Shawn. So he was busy with school and career. That's why he was not emotionally present for Belle. Any ideas what his current career is? Think he may be a doctor? I'm sure he is not an attorney like Belle. Belle was in nursing school when she was on the show a few years back. Wouldn't it be interesting if Shawn is a nurse/RN? There are plenty of good male RN's in real life. I wonder if Days would go there?

I noticed the heels too. Ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that bending over to pick up the baby would be hard too.

I think Belle can be redeemed if she gets back with Shawn. I did like that she told Philip no. Though I want her to want Shawn as much as he wants her. It seems her ego is bruised because of the divorce filing. Philip will easily move on.

The first half of the episode was boring and repetitive. Once the new day started, it got more interesting.

The Hope storyline is purely fast forward material. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

I am interested in whatever Deimos has on Philip. It must be big.

And Andre in a hard hat and construction vest? Really?! Maybe the Salem PD should hire him.

Noticed the crazy heels, too! But, how stupid is Rafe? Did he not stop to think that Andre wouldn't be 'keeping an eye" on him?

I totally agree w/Heather4CU, how funny!

I think Philip got Deimos out of jail to help him "ease Vic out of the picture".

When can Belle get out of town?

I wonder when Rafe became so stupid. He keeps driving by where Stefano's
body is. Why didn't he notice someone following him?

Jen wearing high heels at home isn't very smart. At least, she took half a pain
pill unless
she took a whole one earlier in the morning.

I laughed it was funny when one of the henchmen said he wasn't paid for two weeks.
I wonder if there is money to pay the electric bill.

Will Andre find Stefano's body? And did Stefano have life insurance so they can
have money pay their bills :)

Thanks for the summary. A blah show.

Glad that Belle rebuffed Philip, but her character has already been ruined. Even worse is the fact that Shawn-D is blaming himself for her infidelity. How is he to blame when he was trying to provide for his family? Plus, Belle also was working and busy, so she shouldn't have had time, as a lawyer, to have an affair! I wonder what Deimos has on Philip that he is betraying Victor.

Jennifer wearing high heels while having back pain is dumb. So is her being left to watch the baby so soon after the accident. But I fear that she'll end up being drug addict like Carly, with the pill foreshadowing. It's an issue that's going on in real life now, so it may be well done, especially if she delves into it with her emotional turmoil. As for Abby and Chad, please please PLEASE, writers: keep Chad out of the DiMera mess.

Rafe is stupid for thinking nobody was watching him. Even worse is the writers trying to force Hope & Rafe down our throats, and using Ciara to accomplish that goal so soon after Aiden and her father dying. Gross!! As for Andre, he is so annoying. Wish he was hit by Eric, instead of Daniel dying.

Wasn't it Jennifer who noted Carly was addicted to pills, and confronted her about it, put her in the shower? I also seem to remember Fynn warning Jennifer not to lift anything more than 5 lbs. So...what does she do if/when Thomas wakes up, needs changing, feeding, etc.?

He wonders why she immediately jumped to Philip.
I'm guessing the writers were just lazy.
Blow the building while Andre is in it
If this happens, I'll give the story a pass. Seriously - are we supposed to feel bad about Stefano? He's not nono to me, he's a psychopathic, murdering, kidnapping, brainwashing, drug-dealing rape kingpin who long overstayed his welcome in Salem. André is usually interesting to watch, but this is boring. But him finding Stefano's body and getting killed before anyone can find out about it would be hilarious poetic justice.
In terms of speed it seems like a better option than being teleported.
I laughed when Belle said they had a flight in the morning. In a private jet? Leave whenever you want!!!
What did Deimos offer him? I'm curious.
Deimos is blackmailing him, but we don't know with what. I, too, am intrigued.
I really hope they drop this forced pairing.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Wouldn't it be interesting if Shawn is a nurse/RN?
I'd love that. I don't think the writers are that original.
The first half of the episode was boring and repetitive. Once the new day started, it got more interesting.
I agree. I almost skipped the episode after the first few acts. I know many viewers who do that, as well. I can't decide if it's idiotic or genius to structure episodes this way. (If they do, they better do it regularly!!)
I wonder when Rafe became so stupid. He keeps driving by where Stefano's
body is.
Considering the years Rafe has spent working as a detective, FBI agent, etc...and his run-ins with the DiMeras...you'd think he'd be able to keep cool over this murder. Seriously. I give Rafe a pass on covering up the murder, BUT NOT ON HIS "FEELINGS" for Hope. This is the man who kidnapped him, brainwashed him, and replaced him with a lookalike to rape his wife, just for starters. (That being said - I do think it's in character for Rafe to feel a little guilty. BUT NOT FOR STEFANO.)

I came to make some comments, but some of you have already expressed what I wanted to say. :clap:

Also, gee let's just have Mom, who is on pain pills and hurting, watch the baby!

I am interested in whatever Deimos has on Philip. It must be big.

Chad also has his own business plus Abby may have money

I do want to add to your comment, Heather. I wonder who owns the house Clyde bought for Ben and Abby? Could she sell it? lol

I also seem to remember Fynn warning Jennifer not to lift anything more than 5 lbs.

And Andre in a hard hat and construction vest? Really?! Maybe the Salem PD should hire him.

I had the same exact thought, Heather!! And seeing Andre in the get up was my favorite part of the show! LOL I don't know what I want to happen with this story but I am getting a little kick out of him playing detective.

No words on Jennifer with the heels. Just dumb on their part.

I, too, am curious to see what is really going on with Deimos and Philip!

I forgot to mention the picture behind Hope's couch was gone. Someone finally
noticed the wrong Shawn picture was up.

I wonder how long it will take for the picture to be replaced. I did notice there is still a Bo/Hope pic above the fireplace. Too bad they aren't using old ones.

Back