Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan.26, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 26, 2018

And the beat goes on. Meaning the investigations continue. John is at the Pub, contemplating and remembering spiking Steve’s drink. Roman comes up, asks what is bothering him, but John only says he was thinking about a case. Roman tells John about the letter Anna found in her purse, wants John to find out who wrote it. They go back and forth a bit about the ethics of interfering in an ongoing investigation, but Roman wants to help Anna, who is Carrie’s mother. John agrees to try, Roman has no qualms about sharing this with Steve if he wants.

Steve sits in the square, wearing glasses, Tripp comes along to wait on him, Steve explains about his vision, seeing the eye doc, who says it is eye strain, thus the glasses. They talk of Ciara & Claire still warring, Claire being in love with Theo, Tripp deciding he has to move on, would not want Theo returning to find Tripp had moved in on his girl. Tripp brings Steve either a drink, or iced tea, John comes along, tells Steve about the new case, gives him the letter to read. As Steve does so, John again slips something into Steve’s drink.

Lani lies to Eli, tells him she is two months pregnant, it is not his baby, it is JJ’s. He talks of not ever knowing his father, and would never want that to happen to a child of his. Lani asks “even if it meant hurting/losing Gabi”. This takes Eli aback. Rafe comes in, Eli has to go with him to DiMansion.

Earlier, Rafe & Hope sat, going over all they knew, letting Anna go, knowing Roman is lying, just to give Anna an alibi. Evidently the urn was the murder weapon, no finger prints, lid is missing. They cannot prove the ashes were tony’s, just find it hard to believe Anna let that urn out of her sight. They decide they need a list of everyone who visited the DiMera offices.

Abby & Gabi are both asking the other if they are the one who killed Andre. (zzzzzz) They argue a bit, with both eventually realizing they should not have asked the question of the other. Stefan comes in, why was the door closed? They only say they were trying to figure who killed Andre. Rafe & Eli arrive, want the list, Stefan doesn’t know, wasn’t there. But Rafe mentions security footage and lists, Stefan agrees they can have that. Gabi wants to know if Stefan will reinstate her, he puts her off, says he has to talk with the Board. She leaves, Abby knows Stefan could easily put her back, he makes excuses about t he Board again, talks of a press release. Oh, Abby gets all teary eyed, can’t think of that kind of thing, she is still seeing the body, blood, etc. Stefan holds her to comfort her, til she pushes him away to go find Chad, who doesn’t know the police came.

And Chad is with Kate, the entire show, remembering good and bad things about Andre, Kate blathering about loving him, yada, yada. They talk of different things in re: funeral, finally deciding, I think, on a private service or memorial. Kate calls herself the Black Widow, citing her husbands who died, Curtis, Stefano, Andre. This gives Chad a chuckle. He goes on over how upset Abby is, she really liked him. They talk of how Andre was not the one who made Abby appear dead, she wanted it that way, so he helped her. Blah, blah. They talk of how Andre had the idea that perhaps Stefano wasn’t dead, but Kate thinks that with one son murdered, and a new son appearing, if Stefano WAS hiding out, he would come out. Both are glad they were able to be friends again, get past what happened to Theo, and Kate’s part in it.

Hope comes to tell Lani she wants her interviewing some people, only she finds Lani in tears, and thus learns of the pregnancy, Lani still is insisting JJ is papa, so happy, but this was not on Lani’s agenda. Hope hugs her, promises it will all get better.

Gabi finds Lani on a park bench, still upset. Lani says she has something she has to tell her.

Rafe & Eli sit down with a laptop, getting ready to go over the footage on the tape they got from Dimera security. They see Andre on a cell phone, walking down the hall. Uh, oh, no phone was found on the premises. Andre goes into the office. Rafe comments something about the killer following him in. And voila, they evidently see someone enter the office.

Last edited:
I'm puking and snoozing over this head-ramming bore of an episode.

Lani lying. Not cool. Even less cool is the amount of brain cells I must kill to find this story believable.

Murderer Hope and her accomplice Rafe are worried about catching Roman in a lie? Give me a break.

Abby and Gabi are like nails on a chalkboard. And just when you think it can't get worse...enter the sexual assaulter-to-be, StefanNo.

Unless Kate and Chad are going to sleep together, I have no interest in them. (And if they do that, they can both leave town together forever.)

Fun fact: Eli and Lani's baby will be Alice & Tom's first great-great-great-grandchild. At least, that we know of; it's highly probable that Scotty has fathered a child in the past 20 years.

It's good seeing you again, Sway!

Thanks for the summary. A boring episode (again) overall, yet a perfectly done cliffhanger! Gabi stumbling upon Lani and the video that Rafe and Eli are watching makes next week at least seem like it could be promising.

LOL, Robin. From expressions on faces, when Rafe & Eli talked to Stefan about security coverage, I have a feeling there IS going to be a parade. No one wants to admit they went to see Andre, but obviously....that urn did not walk there by itself. Gabi probably went back to tell Andre a thing or two, even Abby may have gone, or Chad. We know Kate did. Oh, yes, there will be a list, for sure.

Once again, it was a day of Salemites behaving so badly that it often brought Sami to mind.

:eek: Lyin' Lani: Hiding a pregnancy from the baby daddy always ends badly. She ought to check with Sami about how well that stunt worked with EJ.

:eek: Gabby Gabi: This one responds to Abigail's reasonable question about the death of Andre with nasty, absurd queries of her own? People with mouths this big can fare poorly in Salem as Sami has amply demonstrated.

:eek: Commissioner Cover-up (Roman): If Sami finds out that he's covering for Anna because she's the mother of her hated sister, Carrie, Roman will be in for a real earful.

:eek: Two-faced John Black: Acting all chummy with Steve while discussing the Anna letter and then doping his drink? If Sami knew about this, she'd loudly proclaim that she was right about John all along.

:sick: Stefan O: The slimy Big Zero continues to amaze; he pretended that he has to consult with the board about Gabi [un]Chic, maintained that he needs an office (that's a Salem first), and stated that DiMera Enterprises has thousands of employees (where have they been hiding all these years?)

Gabi and Abigail: On one hand, I think the scenes actually played out better than I thought they would just reading about them. On the other hand, the "substance" of their argument was "Did you do it? I didn't do it, you did." Come on writers, both ladies deserve much better then this. :tsk: But then again, I'm TeamGabi . *shakes pom--pom.*

I'm enjoying the murder mystery. I'm liking the way it's involving multiple characters and branching off in different directions such as Anna's mysterious letter. I'm also intrigued with what's going on with John and Steve. It's one of those stories where I think there's some real potential but I also can't help thinking "Please don't be stupid, please don't be stupid."

I'm going to conclude this post with what at first will probably seem like a gratuitous and out-of-left field Star Wars reference, but I'm actually making a point with this analogy and it will tie in with the show, I promise.

As I was listening to Abigail declaring she was "the only one in this house who loved Andre" as well as hearing Chad and Kate fondly reminenise on the charming ways Andre back stabbed and undermined them; a sequence from Return to the Jedi came to mind.

I'm sure those of you who have seen the film will remember the scene in the dungeon of Jabba the Hutt's palace where Luke Skywalker is battling the rancor, the large slobbering monster (yes I'm such a geek I know what the monster was called). Luke is able to bring a large iron gate down on the rancor's neck, killing it. The rancor's muscle-bound keeper rushes forward, his face streaked with tears and he's wracked with sobs.

The point of the scene was no matter how horrible someone (or something) may be, they were loved by someone at sometime. When I apply that lesson to Andre, I find those scenes much less annoying.

Gee. that was actually kind profound. Maybe I should have that sewn on to sofa pillows. I probably make a fortune.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
DrBakerfan, while reading your post, a song came to mind: "It's just my imagination..." Steffie, Jr. needs an office??? Why?? Daddy dearest did all his work in the living room while playing chess. If we're going to have people act like Sami, bring her back!!! Also Jack Devereaux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when Stefan told Rafe he needed to get back to his office. Really?
Kate and Chad work from the mansion :)

I can't believe Hope is upset that Roman is lying for Anna. Didn't he do a lot
of favors for her when he was commissioner? Didn't he know the truth
she shot Stefano and didn't tell anyone?

So Hope knows Lani is pregnant. Who's going to find out next?

What's going to happen to Steve now? He's got new glasses and he
said he sees better, but that's before John put something in his tea.

Hope doesn't want Roman to get hurt or get in any trouble because of his lie....she is not upset at him...just worried he may get in to a hole from which she might not be able to pull him out.

Well I have to say glasses with the patch didn't look as ridiculous as I thought they would. Poor Steve, there better be a good reason John is doing this, but I can't think of one!!

Oh boy, Abby and Stefan hugged. Here we go.

I wish Lani would actually go to the doctor and find out how far along she is. I'm just glad Eli knows and am surprised that we didn't have weeks of near misses of him finding out.

I wish Lani would actually go to the doctor and find out how far along she is.
She did. Kayla told her she was "barely" pregnant. In "Salem time", she was 9 days pregnant when Kayla diagnosed her. And she hadn't had sex with JJ in over a month at that point (which was the night Theo was shot)

BUT, as with all soaps, we know the baby could end up being JJ's after all. Heck, it could belong to a man she had sex with in Miami before moving to Salem. :sarcasm:

Back