Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 29, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 29, 2016

Andre' sits in the study, calls Chad, wanting to tell him of his discovering. He then calls Dr. Tibbs to come over. When Tibbs arrives, he is insisting Andre' go to the hospital, Andre' refuses, Tibbs says his wound needs stitching in a sterile environment, Andre' wants it done there. Tibbs patches him up to prevent infection, will be back tomorrow with what he needs.
Now Andre' calls his goon in, learns Hope, Rafe & the teens went to the docks, luggage & coolers, took the ferry to Smith Island. He asks if Andre' wants him to search Hope's house, nope, he will do it himself, he knows exactly what he is looking for, and where to find it.
Later, he is in Hope's darkened living room, poking around in table drawers, but goes in the closet rather quickly, finds the box, opens it easily, finds a 7 bullet magazine with 3 bullets missing, and the gun. Uh, oh, someone at the door. Tis Shawn, getting in with a key, and for some reason, won't turn on the light switch as he calls out for Mom, Ciara, walks around, calling, just missing seeing Andre', finally going upstairs, yelling for Ciara to take her earphones off. Andre' comes out of hiding, and out the door he goes. Shawn comes down, writes a note, (yes, in the dark!) saying he is back in town, stopped by, will call later).

The happy foursome get into the Horton cabin, start a fire, Rafe & Chase get sent out to chop some wood, Ciara is soooo happy her mom seems happy with Rafe there, Hope is bringing out pillows & blankets, etc. They tease & joke around. The guys return, Chase remarking about finding some wood under a tarp, the kids take off for a hike or something, Hope wants to go fishing. Rafe cannot believe she was serious about that, he brought steaks. Now she is talking of ice fishing, cutting a hole in the ice (mind you, there was open water to get the ferry across), he talks of it being freezing, she is rigging fishing poles, putting on lures (I think for ice fishing one uses live bait!) and there is some good natured conversation about Rafe never having fished, or gone on vacation, and is juvenile delinquent behavior. She thinks that all is what makes him a good cop, he "gets" people, knows where they are coming from, etc.
Chase & Ciara return, seems Chase was sprayed by a skunk, Hope sends him upstairs for a shower and with the big bottle of tomato juice. (soap & water don't take out the smell, tomato juice does). Hope & Rafe leave to go fishing. Chase calls down to Ciara, he left his bag there, would she get him a pair of jeans. Sure, she opens his bag...blue or black? She pulls out a pair, mutters how she thought he forgot his phone, picks it up, reads something. throws the phone back into the bag, saying No, I don't believe it.

Theresa has Brady home, eased into a chair, worried he is doing too much. Fynn arrives, Brady urges her to go to her meeting with Kate & Nicole, she leaves. Brady questions Fynn about having these dreams about Malibu, Fynn talks of Daniel living there for a while after his wife died, being near the water helped him. He had closed his practice, put his stuff in storage. Brady says Daniel never talked about that time in his life, even though they were such good friends. Fynn says maybe he is telling you now.
Theresa sits with the impatient Kate, who is moaning that Nicole is not there, figuring if Nicole wants to run a business, she has to be able to take care of it. Nicole arrives, Kate gets a call from Flavia, a designer, goes off to the side, as weary Nicole just doesn't want to face off any more with Kate. Theresa pep talks, tells her they can't let Kate walk all over them. Nicole says she is right, tells Theresa that is what they should do, walk away from her, start their own company. Nicole thinks Brady would pull his $$$, Theresa not sure he can. Nicole is confident thought, Theresa is on board. Kate returns, starts talking of the list she sent them both. They open tablets, oh, yes here they are. Kate starts in giving orders, the gals just smile, agree with whatever Kate says, while looking at each other and smiling at times. Sure, fine, agreed. (Lolol)

Earlier, Nicole had opened her door to Eric, and soon was telling him off big time. He never got past the thresh hold, She berates him, does some blaming of herself because she had seen Eric drinking, should have made sure she got him into a cab. She ends up her tirade telling him to never come near her, talk to her, she never wants to even see him again. She slams the door, we hear her sobbing on the inside, as Eric stands there, tears rolling down his cheeks, he turns away.

And next, Eric is sitting on the park bench, unwrapping the brown paper bag, taking the cap off the bottle of booze. As he is about to take a drink, Jennifer comes thru the archway, takes it away, asking him what he thinks he doing. She is scolding him, after what happened, how could you? Eric doesn't know, it's because of what happened. She calls someone, says to meet her at the house NOW, important....and she makes Eric come with her. And at her home, there is LUCAS, who knows all whereof he speaks. But Eric is feeling super sorry for himself, says Lucas did not kill anyone, as he did. But Lucas admits driving drunk several times with Will in the car, could have killed him easily. He wants Eric to go to a meeting, Eric refuses, says he is going to jail, no need, but Lucas tells him booze is easily attainable there as well, and also they do have meetings there, too. But Eric gets mad, storms out.
Jennifer follows him, tells him she is not going to let him do this to himself, or let him off the hook. He needs help, he is a good man who did a bad thing, and have a problem. And because of that, he can help others. He is good at doing that. But first you have to heal yourself. Eric says he wants to believe that. Jennifer tells him to then Start!

Theresa comes home, finds Brady in the same chair where she left him, learns what Fynn said about Daniel & Malibu, tells Brady to just concentrate now on getting better. Nicole arrives at the apt., picks up Daniel's picture, talks to it, saying she is about to dump Kate, tell her where to go, going to make you proud of me, honey.

Andre's is home, has found what he was looking for, nearly got caught when his goon sent him a text message. The guy says he only wanted to help in case Andre' needed backup. He pulls his bandage off his face, his man is appalled. I know, says Andre', I will have it taken care of, but first, I want those responsible for my father's death to see it, know how much I will go thru to make sure they pay for it. He riffs thru a few pictures of Rafe & Hope.

My mom's best friend's husband used to ice fish and since they didn't have Internet they had me order his ice fishing supplies from Bass Pro Shop online. He got ice fishing "jigs" that were like a spoon bait and you pull the line up and down in the hole to attract fish. He did also use live bait occasionally but found this method to be more effective.

Good to know, thanks, Trish. I live in country where ice fishing is done constantly. and lines are just set in the holes..no one sits and holds the pole. There is some sort of rig they set up, so if a fish gets on, a little flag goes up, and they are on it. they haul these ice fishing shacks where they sit, watching the tip ups, waiting for the flag to go up. I just could not get over Hope talking of ice fishing, when they had come over on the ferry. LOL
And, skunks usually hibernate, but then, no one was really dressed for cold weather, ice fishing, or anything else, no matter WHAT they said. :rolleyes:

seems Chase was sprayed by a skunk, Hope sends him upstairs for a shower and with the big bottle of tomato juice. (soap & water don't take out the smell, tomato juice does).
Is there really an upstairs to Horton cabin, or was this a glitch?
KT: my question too. Thanks for the summary Poirot.
No, I just watched the scene. Chase goes into the other room to shower. There is no upstairs.

But the very next scene has Shawn-Douglas at Hope's house, walking up the steps calling to Ciara, telling her take off her headphones. (Shawn's at Hope's house looking for her, while Andre is trying to keep Shawn from seeing him so he can get out of the house, with Bo's gun)

So it almost looked like Chase was walking up steps (when in reality it was the next scene, with Shawn Douglas in silhouette at Hope's darkened house).

It was nice to see Lucas. Ciara is too smart mouthed.

I'll be glad to see Lucas too!

Not surprising that Ciara is smart mouthed. She was sassy as a child so what more could one expect of her teen years?

I imagine I can guess what Ciara found on Chase's phone. It's been speculated here for a while.

Thanks for the summary. I'm still a day or two behind on watching, but will skip yesterday's funeral show.

If it turns out Chase is the one sending Theo the mean texts, I'll be disappointed. I guess I would expect the writers to be more clever and make it another kid in school, while leading us just to think it was Chase.

I'm guessing the phone Ciara found in the duffel bag was a "burner" phone (a cheap prepaid cell phone).

Gosh, that is too funny.....sorry folks, Chase was holding his arms up, moaning about the smell, there was a tall cabinet, and the tomato juice was atop that, and I honestly could swear he went "upstairs". In fact, even when he called to Ciara, it sounded like it came from upstairs, but yes, those stairs in Hopes house were there, too.
Sorry, folks, But it does seem that every time one goes to the Horton cabin, things are arranged differently. I can remember the bed being right when you came in the door a time or two. LOL
Not now.

If it turns out Chase is the one sending Theo the mean texts, I'll be disappointed. I guess I would expect the writers to be more clever and make it another kid in school, while leading us just to think it was Chase.

I'm guessing the phone Ciara found in the duffel bag was a "burner" phone (a cheap prepaid cell phone).

I am going to be so mad if it is Chase bullying Theo. It certainly seems like it will be. I guess they threw Aiden under the bus might as well throw Chase too! Arrgh!

I automatically thought Ciara found evidence of bullying Theo and thought oh no how obvious but hopefully it will be something different! Maybe she finds proof of his feelings for her!

Glad to see Lucas. Such a downer where they are going with Eric, just for the doom and gloom I wish none of it happened!

Pity the Horton cabin raccoons for having their cozy home invaded by unwanted "guests." Perhaps, they've beat a strategic retreat and the skunk spraying Chase was the opening salvo of their counterattack. And since when does the cabin feature family photos? Imagine Hope's shock if these photos had been replaced by framed pictures of raccoons. Over at the Brady home, Andre was again proving more adept than the Salem P.D., which could probably never find a gun used in a homicide. But when is he going to rescue Father's early remains. Doesn't Andre want them interred with the rest of "La Famiglia."? Finally there was Eric, who's gone from being a standard, everyday sourpuss to a self-pitying, pathetic mess. He'd better start listening to Lucas before he turns into the Town Square drunk who drinks cheap wine out of a bottle in a paper bag.

When Andre' called Dr. Tibbs, I was saying, where have I heard that name before? And it just popped in......."They Call me MR. TIBBS". LOL.... And for those who don't remember...It was Sidney Poitier. In The Heat of the Night. Carroll O'Connor co-starred.

...It was Sidney Poitier. In The Heat of the Night. Carroll O'Connor co-starred.
Rod Steiger starred in the movie version with Sidney Poitier, while Carroll O'Connor reprised the same role in the television version, with Howard Rollins playing Mr. Tibbs. Good show!

Ahhh, thank you, KL........I knew there was a movie and TV series, no idea WHY I thought the same actors were in both. I still can hear Sidney P. saying those words!

You know, Greg Vaughan is doing a bang up job portraying Eric's remorse, guilt, self pity, but needing the tongue lashings he goes looking for. Shows again what Days actors can do when given the material!

Back