Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 6, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 6, 2017

Yawwnnnn, zzzzzzz. At the cop shop, Gabi comes in just as Abe is congratulating JJ on his commendation and promotion. A woman stands with her daughter, praising JJ, thanking him for finding her daughter who had been kidnapped. The little girl hugs JJ, calling him her super hero, JJ talks of how she reminds him of another little girl named Arianna, who he would protect with his life. Ave shows the woman out, Gabi congratulates JJ, surprised he had not told her about this. Why would he, they are no longer together. She hangs around a bit more, JJ is cool and distant, she takes the hint, says Rafe had called her but she cannot get hold of him. JJ says Rafe requested some time off to take care of personal matters, and no, he doesn't know what they are.

Later, Lani is there, also giving congrats on his promotion, offers to buy him a beer. They sit at a bar, he barely touches his beer, she questions, he figures he is pacing, doesn't want to .......she knows he means what happened in Miami. She ends up toasting his promotion, while he toasts to being friends.

Valerie is question Theo as to why he put the bug in her purse, he says because he caught her lying, and wants to know what she is up to. Valerie is indignant, her life is none of his business, how would he like it if his dad put a bug in his back pack because he wanted to check on him & Claire. She gives Theo food for thought, Abe comes in, Theo figures she is going to tell on him, but she doesn't. Theo leaves, Abe is happy that she got Theo to come and talk to her. Good sign. She says Theo is a good kid, Abe thinks that is due to Lexie, Valerie thinks he had something to do with it. Abe notes that if her son ever comes to visit, he would like to meet him.

Claire has burst in on an exhausted Ciara, tells her Valerie is on to Theo & the bug, they get into a big argument about Claire pushing Theo to do this, while Claire claims Ciara is just jealous because Theo is with her. She runs off, then runs into Theo who tells what happened. Ciara is coming by, tells them to lay off Valerie now. Claire gets a call from her mom, goes off to talk, Ciara talks to Theo, advising him to leave Valerie alone, she herself has no reason to doubt her, Theo figures that if Ciara doesn't want him to pursue this, he won't.

Chad, Abby are in the square, with Thomas, having an outing. She is nervous, worried someone is going to ask who let her out of the nut house. Ciara comes along, hugs, happy to see her cousin, yaks about how morose Chad was while she was gone, how big Thomas has grown. Ciara leaves, Abby holds Thomas, who is quite distracted by the lights and cameras, lol. But they manage, begin urging Thomas to say DaDa, with Chad taking his phone out to record. Yep, Thomas comes forth, (his back is to us, lol) the parents are elated, hugs, kisses, etc. Chad goes to get something "before they close", and bumps into Gabi. Awkward. He asks Abby if it is o.k. if he talks to Gabi, she agrees, says she will go home, see him later.

Chad & Gabi are in the private park area, and guess what? Flowers are in bloom on the shrubbery! Just after New Years' and already the flowers are blooming, amid the lush green foliage. Amazing place, Salem, isn't it? :sarcasm: He talks of how down he was, how Gabi brought him out of it all, yada, yada. She stops him, she cannot stand hearing this, she had all the same feelings, meant it when she said she loved him. Still has those feelings, so does Chad, but Gabi says all is changed, your wife is back, you have your family. She tries to give him back the necklace he gave her for Christmas, he refuses, tells her to keep it, wants her to have it.

Abby has come home, Thomas is asleep in his crib, Andre comes in, can see she is a bit upset. He wants to see Chad, no he isn't there. They talk of Chad being angry with them both, Abby for staying away, convincing Andre and all not to tell him she was alive. And Andre because he kept the secret. Both talk of gaining Chad's trust back.

Chad returns later, Abby asleep on the sofa. He checks on Thomas, Abby wakes up, asks how things went with Gabi, Fine. He says then he is where he belongs, with his family, and he is devoted to them now and always. He has sat down, putting his arm around Abby as he says this, her head is on his shoulder, the camera backs away.

Gabi sits on the bench next to the angel statue, shaking her head a bit, a tiny bit tearful. She says nothing, stands up, goes to the statue. She looks at the necklace, still in her hand, touches the statue. Looks sad.

Chad & Gabi are in the private park area, and guess what? Flowers are in bloom on the shrubbery! Just after New Years' and already the flowers are blooming, amid the lush green foliage. Amazing place, Salem, isn't it?
Here, found a picture of Salem park in the dead of winter:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAUuAAAAJGRlMzA1MWExLWFlOTItNDRmOS05NzllLTQ0Yzk0OTMwMGRlYg.jpg

Here's that same park in my state:

dsc04748.jpg

Really, JJ is detective already? How long has he been a cop? A year? Salem does move fast. And he saved a tot that was kidnapped. All offscreen. We see absolutely none of JJ's heroics.

Half my episode was preempted with the Ft. Lauderdale shooting but reading the recap doesn't seem like I missed anything.

Thomas was so cute how he laughed when they were so excited he said DaDa. He should be walking. Of course they don't let kids walk until they are 3. I forgot to comment yesterday. How old is Holly now? She was holding her up like a champ yesterday! :rotfl:

Yes I agree, we were cut in by the news but looks like not too much was missed. I thought there might have been a big cliff hanger for the weekend! LOL

Yet, when he's off-screen, they use an infant's cry for him and show that tiny newborn bassinet in the DiMera study (the one with the draped canopy over it).

Oh yes, you know I meant to comment on this the other day!

I was interrupted by the Fort Lauderdale shooting news as well. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

I was really hoping for pop up Shawn today as soon as Ciara and Claire started arguing. But that would actually make too much sense.

Valerie and Theo's conversation was really underwhelming. There was no urgency whatsoever to what was being said. So it's hard to root for either one in that case.

Still can't figure out whether Lani just likes JJ or if she is setting him up.

Enjoyed Gabi and JJ's conversation. I'm glad the tables seem to be turning a bit.

FB_IMG_1483741750434.jpg FB_IMG_1483741818021.jpg

I live in Iowa in the closest town to Chicago. It is slightly over two hours from Chicago. We are right on the Mississippi River. This is what it looks like in January from my house. Salem is supposedly near Chicago. Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
You all have NO idea how it bugs me to see "winter" in Salem. Bad enough they don't bundle up, but for cryin' out loud, then stay inside the mall. We know there is a retractable dome over it. If you don't have a painted winter backdrop to use any more, then stay out of the park, period. You can talk of snow and cold from inside. And for heaven's sakes BUTTON UP THE COATS!

Yes, this show had really NOTHING going on. Nothing happend. It was FRIDAY, WE ARE supposed to be waiting anxiously til Monday. Honestly, I was falling asleep. Hard to stay awake. Those of you who had the show interrupted for the Ft. Lauderdale shootings........honestly, I don't think you missed much at all. Probably because so much time in the last 1/2 hour is commercials. :sarcasm:

I was so glad that JJ didn't take the bait when Gabi started talking, "the lying, cheating, etc." Maybe Lani is wanting something more, maybe not. But it will be interesting to see how Gabi reacts to JJ not crawling and panting after her.

I really, really hope that Chad and Abigail can make things work and that they are happy for a good while before the inevitable soap thing happens.

Claire - BLECH!!!!!

@DW......as I watched, I could not help saying aloud...Good for you, JJ! Yes, "we are not together any more, why would I tell you", walk off. LOL

Claire certainly is coming off as a real self absorbed brat.

Also hope things improve a lot for Chad & Abby.

When I was watching Chad and Gabi, I kept looking at the flowers and wondered
what kind they are. My pansies didn't survive this year because of the drought and
now they are under snow.

Interesting to learn a child that's not related (or maybe she is) to a Horton, DiMera
or Kiriakis got kidnapped in Salem.

Will Lani and JJ be friends with benefits again?

Claire needs to go back to making music instead of plotting against her boyfriend
and aunt.

Back