Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 9, 2015

Will is not only a bad writer, but a dumb cheater too. To quote Jessica Tate from Soap, "Men are so dumb to shower." Will's going to come home from his "interview" smelling like a rose.

Meanwhile, a somewhat important thing missing from the summary was Serena saying, "This has to work." Sorry if that's been said a few times before, I've been zapping her scenes since the writers made me hate her. :(

I am not bored by the Adrienne/Lucas scenes, they're fun. HOWEVER they do give me a persistent sense of dread for fear of their destruction...!

Really confused by the direction of Jeannie's character. She gets tender for a second, then snaps. I hope the psych ward is in her future.

And thank goodness, Melanie was on for the 763rd day in a row!! :love::love::love::love::love:

I did not need to see such graphic love scenes between Daniel and Nicole. Fast forwarded. And I don't buy this "love" story one iota.

I am interested in Serena's secret. I wonder how long until Ciara steals her photos and figures it out.

I did feel a bit for Jeannie today as well. And the scene with Melanie was tolerable. But the scene with Brady was just idiotic. It was like 2 toddlers fighting.

I also thought the Lucas/Adrienne scenes were pointless. Another manless female vet. I'm tired of vets who carried this show for years being reduced to supporting characters.

I did like Nicole's dress at the end. I hope her next call is to Rafe to help her investigate this source.

NikkiFan, interesting theory about Serena. She could be someone who steals
artifacts to sell to the highest bidder or will she be taking the artifacts
back where they came from because they were taking out of the
country illegally

The way Serena was looking at the papers she could have been looking
at a photograph.

I'm jealous of Maggie because she's going to see ice skating. Victor
must really love her to go too :love:

Today we saw a new set. Instead of the living room, we saw the den (?) at
the K-mansion. I hope that living room set won't be disappearing like the one
at the DiMera mansion.

Mel got lucky when Daniel told her he's seeing Nicole. She realized right
away what it meant if she started seeing Brady.

I wonder if Mel will figure out why Theresa was upset. Mel used to
be smart.

Nicole got lucky too. Someone is giving her a hot tip about Serena
or is the person lying to her. Will she Daniel about the call?

I've been thinking that we are just not getting enough Melanie. I know she's been on every day for the last couple of weeks but what about the scenes she's not in? Well I think Melanie should at the very least walk through scenes she's not a part of just so we don't forget she's on the show. I think we should start a petition and send it to the producers of the show. I know they film like five months in advance but once they learn how we feel about this Melanie deficit they will correct it. Working together I know we can make it happen.

Was it necessary for Brady to follow Theresa after she walked away just so he could heap more abuse on her? I know she's done terrible things and should be behind bars but having someone in her face attacking her when she hasn't done anything at the time to warrant it is just overkill.

Well I guess it's kind of good to see Will does feel some remorse for what he's done but so what?

I can't believe Will cheated. Has Sonny ever told Paul that he's married? Or has he just said they can't go back? Apparently Will and Sonny have the same taste in men. Kind of icky though that they have slept with same man. Disappointed that Will cheated.

Melanie, I forgot she had a miscarriage. Hard to picture her married to Philip now. Not liking her and Brady. They almost have me feeling sorry for Theresa. She has lost something, she just doesn't know it.

Serena. I cannot wait until she does to holier than though Eric whatever is up her sleeve. And I hope Nicole says Ha!! Told you so! He deserves whatever she does. Guess that sound mean but he drives me nuts with not forgiving Nicole.

Oh, the other scene I managed to catch today involved Eric and Theresa. Theresa was upset and Eric was concerned and offered his ear anytime she needed to talk, and shared that he knows what it's like to lose something (paraphrasing here). Theresa thanked him and seemed genuinely touched by his offer, and said something like "you really are a genuinely nice person. Nice people confuse me." That was a revealing moment, to me at least. Theresa showing vulnerability and then switching it right back off. She's slowing finding her gentler side, and it's a struggle. But it's brilliant in comparison to a lot of the other nonsense going on with most of the other Salemites.

What a contrast in Salem "love" scenes today. On the one hand, there was the Love Doctor demonstrating his "luv skills" to Nicole and dumb-as-rocks Will rapturously breaking his marriage vows with Paul. On the other hand, the chaste ex-Father Sourpuss put the kibosh on Serena's efforts to spark his earthly desires. Congratulations, Serena, you have now joined Abigail as one of the few Salem women to fail to seduce the man of her dreams. The next time you see Ms. Perfect, ask her about the time the always-dull Cameron Davis fled the Horton/Deveraux residence rather than sample her womanly charms.Will might also want to check in with Prissy Jenny's daughter. They can compare notes on how it feels to be in the shower listening while your paramour has a conversation with your significant other. Only in Salem.

I think Brady DID say he took responsibility for his addiction and for his decisions......but he was pointing out that Theresa (and this was all true) kept urging him on, plying him with liquor, and drugs.
Theresa never really pushed drugs and liquor on Brady. When he started meeting up with her after they both walked out on their AA meetings, they were both buying drinks at TBD, and he then brought liquor over to her apartment. The first time she offered him cocaine, he refused it. She dumped that down the sink and did not offer to get more until he asked her to start obtaining the drugs for them to use.

Theresa did want to snag a rich man and would actually party with him whenever he was willing, but she never forced the drugs and the booze on him.

Of course Theresa did not FORCE drugs & alcohol on Brady. That is what he referred to, he took responsibility for his actions and decisions himself. But she always had the booze, drugs and sex handy, and fed his addictions quite well.

@MacGyvers wife.........yes, Sonny told Paul he was married, showed him his ring, said he loves his husband, and moved on, is happy with his life. Told Paul to do the same. Paul keeps trying, though to get Sonny to change his mind. LOL

Okay, so Paul knows that the "love of his life, Sonny is married. AND, he's not happy about this as he still wants Sonny for himself.

Please tell me that when Paul was sitting in his bed in his hotel room with nothing better to do (and where was Derrick at those times?)...he certainly could have looked up Sonny Kiriakis on the internet and checked to see who his marriage partner is? Not curious enough to do so? Not interested? Not nosy? Not caring? AND, the biggest question of all...Not thinking of how to deal with this situation and make it his job to do whatever he can to change this little "problem"?? Of course....he would NEVER think of doing such a thing because........????

Last year it was Abby and EJ. This year it's Will and Paul. Are we taking bets as to which two people will have a shocking affair next year?

The only thing that will make this whole Will/Paul thing interesting is if Paul knew Will was married to Sonny the whole time. Derrick's potential blackmail could be fun too.

I need Nicole to kick both Eric and Daniel to the curb and go find Rafe.

Back