Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jul 17, 2015

Jason Di - I always love your posts except when you call me irregular and abnormal (just kidding). I loved all of my grandparents, but never told them ANYTHING when I was Abby's age (I think I stopped telling them around age 12). As far as I know, none of my sisters and cousins told them the personal details of our lives, so I guess all of us fall outside the regular, normal range:).

Here is MY take. Hope is a trained cop. And thank heavens for them, as they note things that don't jibe well, in comparison to the rest of us who don't. She sees the box when the trash container is knocked over, knows it was shoved down to the bottom, figured there had to be a good reason. So, she put it into her purse, so no one else would see, and if she was mistaken...no harm done. But..if there is a reason Abby put it where it would not be seen, then she was just trying to be of some help. And she was right. Abby has a problem. She was grateful to Hope, especially that Hope told no one. Now Hope doesn't know the entire situation......yet......but she knew something was amiss.

We have complained about Hope being just background filler for months and months. So to have her interacting with family & friends..A good thing in my opinion.
Yes, to have her visit Daniel in order to get an o.k. on the statement he made was far fetched. And that entire scene was "filler", so the news that Nicole was moving in would be told to the public in Salem, and also.....that Daniel was intending to propose. This is the counterpoint to Eric's persistence/insistence in rehashing the things the two said when about to die. Him and his "what we almost did" is ridiculous, as we all realize, but not the writers. LOL

After all, they are the ones who penned "oh, our son is probably dead, let's have sex". Oh, I don't want you with my daughter, well I love her, "let's have sex"; Oh, you have cocaine, & alcohol.....let's have sex. Oh, I broke up with my significant other, let's have sex. Oh, am drowning my sorrows in alcohol, let's have sex. So.....oh, we are dying, let's have sex is a natural thought process for these dodos. Trouble is, Eric keeps acting as if they did. He definitely needs a shrink.

BINGO, Katie! My thoughts as well. It may not have been the old writers' (Tomlin/Whitesell et al) plan, as it seems they preferred a neutered Stefano, but that was my take, as well. BY THE WAY I REALLY LOVED THAT SCENE!! It kind of gives a body the feeling that maybe Rafe's been doing this jog for a while...??

...After all, they are the ones who penned "oh, our son is probably dead, let's have sex". Oh, I don't want you with my daughter, well I love her, "let's have sex"; Oh, you have cocaine, & alcohol.....let's have sex. Oh, I broke up with my significant other, let's have sex. Oh, am drowning my sorrows in alcohol, let's have sex. So.....oh, we are dying, let's have sex is a natural thought process for these dodos. ...

I was smiling as I read this, but your choice of the word "dodos" almost made me spit out my soda!! LOL! :rotfl:

I also wanted to mention how, once again, I was almost on Will's side for a second. It's hard to make friends when you're in any couple for a zillion reasons, and having other gay friends/couple friends is even more challenging in a small community. But then he had to get all whiny and neurotic about it, and then, just when we thought he learned his lesson, he decides not to take his own advice and stalk after Paul. UGH.

Thanks for the summary, Jason.

I hope I won't be rude by saying this.. I laughed when Will called
Paul the gay guru.

Why doesn't Stefano have a fence on his property line? We know
his henchmen don't do a good job keeping people away :)

We can only hope Stefano found the listening device and knows
Clyde is listening. If so, maybe he's lying about the nanny and Ireland.
The only thing I thought of pots of gold were there... or maybe
it's "black" gold....Texas Tea... OIL ....Then Ben marries Abby and
Clyde could actually became a Beverly Hillbilly LOL

I loved the Justin and Adrienne flashbacks. We even heard their
old theme music.

I thought it was strange Hope and Aiden had to lay on the bed to
eat. Doesn't the inn have bed trays or tables to use?

Stefano said something about the nanny didn't know what the land was sitting on. Since it's Ireland, possibly it's a nest of wee leprechauns Stefano intends to use as spies. Or, perhaps since he has no more organs that haven't already been replaced, he's found the fountain of youth underneath the land and intends to have it for himself.
If these aren't the reasons, why would Stefano want a piece of real estate in Ireland??? He must know that the country has no oil wells, diamond mines, uranium deposits, etc. Does he like pondering green fields and enjoy rainy weather, or is he planning to give Chad some exercise by putting him to work digging peat? And if the Phoenix wants to build an Irish country house, he ought to do a better job of fencing out the locals than he does in Salem. The fact that there was no brick wall or high fence to keep the likes of Rafe from jogging right onto sacred DiMera turf was a trifle surprising. On another topic, Will was on dangerous ground when he said to Marlena: "Tell me I'm pathetic." If his grandmother had decided to be frank, that's just what she would have said.

Makes you wonder how Will, who was accusing Marlena of being kind to and about Paul because he is John's son, would feel if John was not caring and kind about Sami & Eric because they are Marlena's children......and thus perhaps not be caring or kind to Will and to Arianna.
Will is soooo much of a jerk....
Marlena was right. Will wants to keep Sonny closed in, just their tight little family, no outsiders whatsoever. Will is a writer who has to go out and interview people, write the junk he writes, while Sonny owns an establishment in which he meets all kinds of new people every single day.
So, once again, Will feels he does no wrong, it is either Paul, or it is Sonny, or someone trying to butt in somehow. Grrrrr. Loved when Will explained about his choice of picnic spot so Sonny would see Paul with derrick....and Marlena countered with "and so how did that work out for you"? LOL

BINGO, Katie! My thoughts as well. It may not have been the old writers' (Tomlin/Whitesell et al) plan, as it seems they preferred a neutered Stefano, but that was my take, as well. BY THE WAY I REALLY LOVED THAT SCENE!! It kind of gives a body the feeling that maybe Rafe's been doing this jog for a while...??

I thought this too! Rafe knew EXACTLY where Stefano's property line ended (at the big rock LOL) and I noticed the "FBI Boston" on his shirt. I hope he's secretly rejoined and is working undercover.

Will told Marlena he's afraid Sonny will find someone knew if they made new friends in the gay community. Why is he even married if he's afraid to let Sonny have a life because of fear that he'll find something new. This marriage isn't healthy at all! I've done plenty of Will bashing in the last few months, but he needs help. He has to realize he can't keep Sonny locked up at home with him and Ari.

I love Paul's verbal spars with Kate. He doesn't back down.

Happy to see Justin's turnaround regarding his marriage. He doesn't want this divorce. Him wiping away Adrienne's tears was perfection!

So the great Stefano DiMera, doesn't have any sort of fencing around this property? No sign saying "Private Property, no trespassing". No security cameras to tell him a stranger might be on his property? And after all these years, he doesn't know his property line? LOL. Interesting. I absolutely LOVE that he is unable to intimidate Rafe, not even with his thug companion.

And yep, Kate cannot intimidate Paul, either. Yayyyyy.

The Stefano/Rafe scene was weird...Stefano was just standing there for no apparent reason.

This episode I noticed the biggest difference in how things played out. It was not really boring for one and to me, it made you want to watch more in anticipation of what will happen next. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I believe there was tweaking around for sure.

The Stefano/Rafe scene was weird...Stefano was just standing there for no apparent reason. ...

As speculated above, this is hopefully foreshadowing that he knows about Clyde's bug. I'm usually not on Stefano's side but I want to see him obliterate that hayseed rapist.

Back