Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 1, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 1, 2016

Nicole continues to argue with Deimos, about his promise to clear her name. He wants to get back at Kate, insisting what she did was unforgivable for both of them. Trying to kill him, and blaming Nicole. She goes on about how Kate always comes out on top, he should have done research on her, a lot, he would know that somehow, Kate always lands on her feet. She talks some about understanding what he wants, has gone thru similar, but just wants to not be that kind of person any more. She finally says she will think about it, he wants an answer NOW, she says then, it is NO.

Over at the Kmansion, Andre is assuring Kate the person he saw with Nicole in the private park area was Deimos, even though he never met him. Kate storms out, goes to the square, is looking around when Nicole comes up. They have a war of words, Nicole trying to be reasonable (but not giving any hint of knowing Deimos is alive), but Kate is insulting, nasty, vengeful, and refuses to have Nicole working at Basic Black, refuses to work with her, calls Nicole all the adjective that actually are a description of Kate herself, (cunning, manipulative, etc. ). Kate tries a few times to get Nicole to says Deimos is alive, but Nik doesn't take that bait. Kate throws a few more barbs and nasty comments, and leaves.

Andre has sidled over to the cop shop, never does say why, as he needles Rafe, unsuccessfully. They go back and forth, talking of Monahan's confession, what happens if he recants, how Rafe would make sure Andre would be back in jail, never to get out. Andre warns that if he did, he would wish he had never been born. Rafe says he just threatened a cop, a felony, just one witness & Andre is in the clink. Andre retorts then he would have his new lawyer after them all. He leaves....but tells Rafe to tell Hope he was there to see her.

Rafe calls someone, asking about Andre's lawyer, learns Andre fired him the 2nd day, and there is no new one. He asks about visitors...Hope Brady, and a man, Guy Haines. Rafe writes the description, but asks for any pics from video footage.

Now to Green Mountain Lodge, where Aiden is having a bad dream of the night he was kidnapped, and being kept in the cage. He yells, thrashes, knocks over a lamp or something that crashes, Hope comes in, Aiden tries to brush it all off, just an accident, she knows better, he admits the bad dream. She tells him they have to talk, it is why they came there, he finally does. Yes the bad dream, he rants about the DiMeras, about his own gambling, falling victim to them, yada, yada. She is all understanding, has bad dreams herself.

They seem to go forward, backward, at one point she calls the desk for their bill, might as well leave if they cannot do what they came there for. He talks of how much he loves her, how only the thought of her keep him going when in the cage, yada, yada, yada, and they begin to kiss, but now she has flashbacks to that attempt to kill her, breaks it off. More talking, Aiden decides that his returning was a mistake, he has hurt her enough, he won't anymore, goes and packs. She comes in, he can't do this, blah, blah, kissing, and more kissing.

Deimos has gone to the Kmansion, looks around, goes into the desk drawer, finds and reads all the documents Kate had forged in re: "the marriage". He is about to crumple the marriage certificate, recalls Nik's words about changing, revenge not worth it, etc. Puts all the papers back in the drawer, hears a key in the door....steps away, Andre comes in. That surprises him. Andre has made himself at home, Deimos is gone (??) Kate returns, reports of seeing Nicole, and not Deimos, and her not saying a word. The man you saw wasn't Deimos obviously, but Andre says yes, he could have been. They do the word dance they usually do, but Kate tells him the overnight guest room was one night only, and shuts a desk drawer as she says he wore out his welcome.

Andre smirks that slimy smile of his, gives back the keys, but says he will keep his eyes open, and when he shows her Deimos is in town, she will owe him.

Nicole meets up with Deimos in the private park area, where he texted her to meet him. And they do a variation of an O.Henry short story, as Nicole can't wait to say she is in, ran into Kate, who refuses to clear her, was all nasty to her, etc.so whatever the plan Deimos has, she will be in on it. Deimos laughs, because he was all ready to say he changed his mind, won't go after Kate, revenge is not what it is cracked up to be. Going after Victor did not get him back the 30 years of his life, he has to start living his own life now. She tells how Kate asked her a bunch of loaded questions, suspects he could be in town, but she kept mum. Deimos decides it is time to let Kate in on the fact he is alive, and that his first order of business will be to go the cops and get Nicole's name cleared. She hopes he won't change his mind, since she DID play him. Deimos smiles...no more retribution, remember?

Rafe has received an envelope containing a flash drive, takes his laptop into the office, closes the blinds, puts the drive into the laptop, and his jaw drops. What the heck is Aiden doing with Andre......and why using the name Guy Haines? He pulls out his phone, gets to Hope's name......but hesitates...stopping short of calling her.

It must be tilting at windmills week in Salem. In yesterday's episode, Lucas asked Kate to do the "right thing," and today it was Nicole's turn -- both with highly predicable results. Kate would sooner give up her trademark blue/green chunk than ever do the "right thing" unless there was something major in it for her. Over at the police station, Andre provided some insight into why the Salem P.D. so rarely performs effectively -- its cops just aren't very observant. When he, one of the most notorious criminals in Salem history, walked into police headquarters, not one of the uniformed officers so much as glanced in his direction.

LOL, I wondered how the heck he got past whoever is supposed to be in charge when you walk in? I mean, he went right into the detective area, no questions, no stopping, and even Rafe said not a word.

Okay I thought at first when Andre got his e-mail it was from the Pacific Northwest Nitwit but then we immediately saw What's-His-Face trying to take a little nappy nap. So the e-mail apparently wasn't from him. Then I realized that I am actually intrigued by whatever it is that Andre is up to. I know I am stunned by that as well. LOL So the question is who is Andre in league with? This isn't the place to get into it but I do have a theory.

LOL, well, I do, too. Just thought of it this minute. We have to use a spoiler thread, tho...even if speculating.

Meanwhile, Kate has gotten nastier and nastier, and while I did think Hope was perhaps leading Aiden on because she suspected something........nope, that is not the case. Is the Salem brain taking a vacation of late, cuz it sure seems no one is using it at all.

Thanks, Poirot.

Another Flashback Friday with Aiden dreaming what happened to him in the
cage and Hope remembered what happened on the wedding night.

Interesting text Andre got from "Guy" while Aiden was sleeping. Maybe
there's a real person named Guy and Aiden used that name to visit Andre.

Hopefully, Rafe will figure out why Aiden used the name and why he saw Andre
wait a minute he's a Salem cop :)

I always love Rafe in detective mode but I still wish the premise of this wasn't about chasing/protecting Hope. Can he please get Shawn involved too? And can wardrobe please buy him that grey shirt in other colors? I feel like we've seen him in that shirt since before the coma.

I wish there had been follow-up to the Chloe-Philip cliffhanger from yesterday.

Don't worry Heather, they'll be married the next time we see them. :rolleyes:

Loving André...wow, did I just say that? Still I'm pretending he's my new character. It just makes it easier to like him.

Why bring back Aiden and try to make us sympathetic toward him? This makes no sense.

Speaking of making no sense...does anyone out there root for Kate to kill people? I know the actress has her "Blue Streak Freaks" but is the character liked? Admired? etc? when she tries to frame people for murder???

Count me as not loving Andre at all. But then I detest the talking in circles conversations, which doesn't say anything plainly. I guess writers think it is cute, or mysterious, or interesting, or entertaining.....I don't know. (which he & Kate seem to have).

But his coming to see Rafe.....why? Why did he come to the police station....and it wasn't to see Hope. He had to know she wasn't there.

@Wardrobe: Please burn that cut-away sweater(?) that you've been forcing Nicole to wear. I never want to see it again, on her, or anyone else! :sick:

The Deimos scenes are a mess. Any woman who falls for his relationship BS is a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal. His wandering around Salem, in broad daylight, minus any attempt to disguise himself, makes no sense. The standard baseball cap/sunglasses would be better than nothing. When Nicole agreed to keep secret(?) his live return to Salem, she should have taken a photo of him holding the latest newspaper.

The Kate/Nicole argument certainly proved one thing... Kate really knows how to hit below the DNA belt! :eek: :eek:

Aiden/Nicole/Mt.Lodge: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I am very surprised that Rafe hasn't knocked on their door (yet.). :rolleyes:

An OK episode overall. But I guess that goes for any episode where the unlikeable Summer is absent. Still, the Hope/Aiden/Rafe stuff, as well as Andre, are grating on my nerves.

Back