Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 11, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our lives
Friday, July 11, 2014

Replay of the closing scenes from Thursday. Aiden comes in, picks up a card, places it on one of the auction items, turns and there stands the stunning Hope Brady (looking a big like Princess Gina, just gorgeous). He tells her how beautiful she looks, Marlena arrives, looks fabulous, and gets a call from Patty Stanger. Seems Patty is sick, lost her voice, doctor says she has to stay in bed (we do see her as she replies to Marlena) but she cannot come. Roman & Giselle have come into the room, along with Father Louie. Everyone gets upset, but Father Louie proposes that Marlena fill in. She protests, Aiden & Hope urge her to fill in, she finally consents, but is very nervous.
We do not see the ballroom, just Marlena on the dais. She tells a few psychiatrist jokes, the last one gets laughter. Believe it or not, Hope & Aiden are watching her on TV. Marlena ends with announcing the band has arrived. Ciara & Chase come running in the room, Ciara moaning about the kind of music being played. Hope says it is a waltz, Ciara doesn't know how, mom says she has not waltzed in a long time. Aiden comes in, offers to help, asks Hope to dance, and they do a lovely waltz. Smiles from me as Ciara & Chase attempt to immitate their parents, give up then, and run out to get something to eat. Hope & Aiden continue to dance, and yes, it gets serious and a bit romantic, tho not a word is said. Beautiful!

Paige is walking in the square, having a few flashbacks of her & JJ, when they first met, and then their last phone call. She gets ice cream, when Mary Beth joins her, proceeding to bad mouth JJ, going on about Paige having to choose between JJ and her mom. Finally, as Mary Beth cheerfully tells Paige that in 6 weeks she will be at Stanford, meeting all kinds of cute guys, she bets Paige won't even call JJ the first time she comes home. Paige is angry, telling MaryBeth she knows exactly who she won't be calling, as she gets up and prepares to leave. Mary beth is all "what did I say"?

JJ is at Paige's apt., talking to Eve. Actually, it is a good conversation. Eve asks him about setting up Theresa, JJ calls Theresa a nasty name, and Eve agrees, she is, and knows Theresa tries to make herself look so innocent. So, JJ tells Eve about being there when Theresa O.D.'s, calling Daniel who made him leave and why, how Theresa pretended not to remember but did, blackmailed him to get drugs, etc. etc. Eve seems to change her mind about him, maybe not so bad after all. But JJ came there to get her to lay off his mom. But Eve explains about making ends meet, how she & Paige are not poor, but she wants the best for Paige, and she is going to Stanford. But with these nodes, until Eve get5s the expensive surgery, she cannot go singing to earn extra. And she thinks that the movie deal will actually mean even MORE money for the vets, as well as for her and paige. Next, they are talking music, her singing, his guitar playing, and Paige comes home, surprised to find JJ there. But happy when she learns her mom will not object to her seeing JJ. She hugs her mom, as Eve give JJ a look. JJ & Paige says goodbye with a hug. He leaves, but Eve follows him to the door, reminding him that she is not his best friend, just because she is laying off. He knows that.

And now to the Horton house, where Sami, Abby & Jen sit on the sofa, looking at wedding pictures, with Sami saying something to Abby about her father not seeing the kind of woman she has become. Ooops, up comes the fateful picture of Abby & EJ, Jen is shocked, thinks EJ must have photo shopped it, but Sami is all snake venom as she goes on and on about Abby having sex with her husband. Jen tries to shut her up, but nothing stops Sami, She goes on and on, mentioning the shower, how Abby followed Sami's fiance' to his place of business, into his private locker room area, and into the shower, where anyone could have walked in.....and someone did! She really goes after Abby, despite Jennifer's efforts to shut her up, telling her to leave.
Abby realizes Sami has known all along, and Sami admits she did. Jen asks why she is doing this, and Sami curls her lip as she describes thinking Abby was her friend, one who was helping her learn about art so Sami could talk with EJ about it on their honeymoon. One who she let babysit her children, how they bonded with her, made cupcakes!
She doesn't let up for a second, but Jennifer finally has enough, physically pulls Sami away, telling her to get out of her house, NOW. She takes Sami to the door, opens it, but Sami tells Abby that she is not done yet, with either her or EJ.

Will is on his laptop, writing away, Sonny comes in with the mail, one letter for Will. When he opens it, he is shocked, is a job offer from some magazine. Ari wakes up, Will goes to take care of her, gets her back to sleep. Sonny calls Uncle Vic to thank him for both himself and Will. When Will comes out, he doesn't know if he really has the job, but Sonny is confident he does, however Will doesn't want to tell any one until he is sure he has the job.
Knock at the door, and it Sami. She comes in, Will says Ari is asleep, but Sami is not staying long.She tells of her & Kate being co-CEOs, Will says maybe Kate will be easier to work with, or not says Sonny. Will says something about EJ getting out of jail, but Sami says if there is any justice in the world, EJ will rot in Jail forever. Cue surprised looks on the guys' faces.

Thoughts on todays show:
Hope looked beautiful. Very nice dress and colour too.
Sami was over the top and I laughed out loud at what a true farce and mismatch she and HER HUSBAND are when she said amongst her ranting and raving to Abby about how "she wanted Abby to teach her about art to impress Elvis"... um okay Sami:rotfl: what?! Do not feel sorry for her at all. If he will cheat with you , he will cheat on you and it proves to me the only reason he went after her was because it was the "thrill of the chase thing" for Elvis and once he had her he got bored.. enter Abby, hot young thing as Kate aptly put it. Also that cursed line "father of my children":rolleyes: um okay... The only thing I liked about her outing Abby was piling on to Jenny's already bad day:love:
I liked Eve's scenes with JJ and thought she came off very reasonable and sympathetic in why she wants the money for Paige. I hope they can have a friendship much like Jack and Eve had, complex as it was lol. Finally I am glad Paige told her "friend" Marybeth where to go.

I loved how Marlena mentioned her sister Samantha (not by name, though) when she was protesting she couldn't host the gala. Nice nod to the past (for those who didn't watch then, Samantha Evans was an actress).

I guess everyone in the room (except Aiden, who probably had no clue) forgot that Marlena had her own radio show back in the day...which is how Roman and Marlena met, when the Salem Strangler kept calling in and taunting her and eventually threatening her. So, Marlena protesting that she couldn't be the host was a joke.

Hope looked great, and her scenes with Aiden were not only NOT retch-inducing, but were also kinda sweet. Chase & Ciara are adorable...I sense a new evil power couple in the making.

Sami - I'm not on your side anymore. It's one thing to be mad and another to be vindictive. We now know she didn't know about EJ/Abby affair until AFTER the pregnancy scare. There's really no justification for Sami directing more ire at Abby than EJ.

Mark your calendars. I was rooting for Jen to punch/slap/kick Sami out and she finally DID. And then, she just hugged Abby and let her cry at the end. I hope she stays a strong momma and doesn't get all judgey on Monday.

I was expecting to hate the Eve/JJ scenes, but I LOVED them. Very well done. Also glad that Paige told Marybeth off.

This Will/Sonny story - what a snooze. I'd rather they argue about Will accidentally throwing away a bunch of diaper coupons that Sonny spent all day clipping than the eventual fight over this job setup. yawn.gif (But isn't Will certainly Sami's son - how in the WORLD did some company get his HOME ADDRESS from his BLOG? Either he has no brain when it comes to net security or he hasn't thought this through...oy, only in Salem.)

THIS is an Eve that I can root for without shame. More dimensional than just the old Jen vs Eve junk. Still hoping this lawsuit ends quickly. I was also glad that Eve mentioned not believing what Jeannie Theresa's selling, and getting JJ's side. :love:

MARLENA at the gala was AMAZING. But OY, I am glad I wasn't at work today - the cheapness of the sets and that canned laughter was too much...it's Days like these that sometimes make me ashamed to try to get others to watch the show. (Also, WHAT WAS THE POINT of the 40-second appearance of that Dragon Lady, Patti Stanger?)

I am glad Abby now knows that Sami knew, however, Sami went overboard as I am concerned.

Nice seeing Aiden and Hope dance and as well as Ciara and Chase becoming friends and even encouraging their parents.

Abby can cut EJ down with her words like he was 2 feet tall but she cowers to Sami like she's the big bad wolf on steroids. This is where the writing failed. The same backbone Abby has been shown to have with EJ, she should have been allowed to have with Sami instead of standing there reduced to tears at Sami's insults and letting Jennifer fight on her behalf. And bravo to Jen for not letting Sami just run roughshod over her daughter in her home although I would have preferred she be a little more forceful when she told Sami to get out - "you ain't got to go to your mausoleum but you got to get the hell out of here". And Sami commenting about anyone's couch is just laughable considering the Dimera couch could be in retired into the Couch Sex Hall of Fame.

@ Anna&Tony- that is Sami throwing herself a pity party:sick::sick: too bad that her payback is a bear for her "pig in a blanket sex" but that's Sami only has a problem if she is the "injured party" but could care less if it's her actions that hurt others. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

Its a shame that its had to come to this but this character has been a joke ever since that nasty grief sex and laughing off Arnold raping her, not to go even further back.

edited to replace word and to delete spoiler...JS

Jenn didn't take on Eve; she cowered, the same as Abby cowered with Sami.

In all honesty, I can see Sami being outraged and blowing up at Abby like that. While I loved the EJ/Abby hook-up, they both need to pay the piper now.

Abby's lucky Sami didn't have the pictures plastered all over HTS and the internet, although with her parting shot, she just might do that anyway.

When Ciara and Aiden both asked Hope about waltzing and Hope said she hadn't waltzed in years, I was waiting for her to say "except when I was being mind controlled by Stefano and thought I was Princess Gina.....but that's a story for another day.....".

Give Sami time. She might plaster the pictures, and play a video. I want Sami to destroy EJ and Abby. Abby had no problem bad mouthing Sami behind her back. If Abby can’t handle a confrontation with Sami, too bad.

edited to enlarge font.....JS

I would hope whatever else she plans is more to do with destroying Elvis than Abby . As Marlena recently told Elvis that "they bring out the worst in each other". This now is just further proof of that and Sami in all her years has relentlessly been much worse than Abby has in talking behind people's backs and trash talking them. Most from her own family and this Abby and Sami "BFF" BS was for the plot which Sami orchestrated herself.

She gets no sympathy from me. She knew very well who EJ was but wanted to appease her libido more than see what was right in front of her rose coloured glasses. As Kate said, their relationship is based on sex and nothing more, Sami could not even argue that point.

There's really no justification for Sami directing more ire at Abby than EJ.
Oh, I disagree, Jason. I hope Sami continues to pile it on high and heavy...on both of them!

HelplessRomantic, I have no sympathy for Sami either but, I want her to have no mercy when it comes to what EJ and Abigail did.

OK, so I am still behind but I have been following the Sami storyline these past few days-will look at the rest later. I loved the showdown today!! First of all, it brings Jennifer vs Sami into play, and I have always wanted to see that. What if Jen teamed up with Nicole to take down Sami? Would be AWESOME!! I also hope Abigail eventually stands up for herself and tells Sami off for being such a tramp herself, and that she deserved to be cheated on.

Give Sami time. She might plaster the pictures, and play a video.
Sami could, but she might be disappointed with the lack of a reaction. The Kristen-Eric tape had shock value because he was a priest. In contrast, everyone knows that EJ is a horndog so him bedding yet another nubile young thing is no big deal except to Sami, Abigail, and Ms. Priss. Speaking of the sleeveless wonder, it's remarkable that she isn't having a nervous breakdown. First Liam, then Eve, and now Abby-EJ. She really ought to see Dr. Evans sooner rather than later. As for the waltz scene, it was a nice break from the relentless Salem nastiness. Although Ciara couldn't instantly master the waltz, they ought to let her handle auctioning off Mrs. van Hopper's artwork. As Days viewers know, Ciara is very good at getting people to buy things.

I enjoyed the show today . The Aiden and Hope dance was really sweet and they definitely have chemistry , looking forward to see where this relationship is going. In my opinion Sami was just over the top for me, with the name calling . Sami really should take a long look in a mirror at herself with what she has done to other people and how not that long ago she cheated on Rafe with EJ. I was hoping that Abigail would have fired back at Sami but right now Abigail is still in shock with Sami knowing. I am glad that as of now Jennifer is there for her daughter and I hope it continues.

Back