Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 11, 2014

Sami didn't deserve the abuse, but she deserved what she got? No, Sami didn't deserve this. If Abby didn't want to face Sami's wrath, she shouldn't have had sex with Sami's fiancée.

Sami asked for it? No, Sami didn't ask for this.

I'm not saying Sami deserved to be cheated on; however, she has known for years what EJ is and kept going back to him. So, yes, she deserves the treatment he has given her. So did Nicole, when she went back to him the second time. I feel very strongly about cheating, however.

I also blame Abigail as much as Sami does. Abigail wasn't raped. She did it willingly and gladly, then went back for more. She deserves all the disgrace Sami can heap on her.

Again no one deserves to be cheated on but what did she expect? Elvis cheated on Nicole with Taylor and again on Nicole with Sami... based on his track record did she REALLY think she was immune from his cheating ways? She got what she stupidly chose to believe in a man who does not deserve her faith in him and maybe just maybe she will reflect on how much she hurt Rafe and Lucas with the man that made life difficult for them and did not care for her happiness. If there is anyone she should be truly angry with it is herself. She threw away two relationships for someone who again does not deserve it and Sami had no business cheating on another woman's husband but she did with little thought of her own who did not deserve it, so she is no innocent because she crossed from not being a cheater to being one.

I would love to see JJ and Eve join forces musically and cut some albums. Wouldn't Jen squirm!!!

Yeah, ok, fine. That could be cool. But if the TIIC try to put JJ and Eve together "romantically" (e.g., Eve manipulates Paige to dump him and after performing together and a few drinks he ends up in her bed) I will totally puke. Not that this would even be an original story on DOOL ...

I get that I'm in a small minority here on this but I am NOT enjoying this Sami revenge story even a little bit. I thought I would, but the way they're playing it, to me Sami is seeming like a total nut case, off the rails, not at all a rational sophisticated woman who has been scorned and is carefully plotting the pay-back. In the scenes at the jail with EJ her eyes look bloodshot, her laugh is verging on hysterical and I just don't get the feeling that she's remotely in charge of her own emotions. To me, she comes off as being undone by EJ yet again, even if at this point he is the one behind bars and she's the one appearing to hold all the cards (for how long?). Ditto for the scenes with Abby (which I haven't seen for today since I only watch online but got the gist from the end of yesterday's episode).

If Sami has known about this "for weeks and weeks and weeks" as she claimed to EJ yesterday, I would hope and expect that by now she would be over the emotional rollercoaster and FINALLY taking calm, cool and collected control of her life, emerging from the fog of her long addiction to EJ and proceeding with a surgical strike with all her bases covered. Instead, she seems to be floundering around, shooting at anything that moves, ambushed already by Kate, just proving once again that she is still that messed up little girl who keeps getting disappointed by everyone she allows herself to trust. Enough already!

Well said Soapnut :clap::clap::clap:. I too am NOT enjoying Sami and her bitterness. The character is downright vile right now--as nasty as she was in the past at times, she always had a conscience and a softer side too. Now she is just nasty and not enjoyable. Yes, she has every right to be hurt and angry right now. However, as I said yesterday she is WAY over the top--everything about her. I think her anger at Abigail would be a lot more justified if EJ and Abigail were still together. But, they are not so she should have just confronted Abigail, not accepted her apology and then moved on. Of course she'd still be angry and likely never speak to Abigail again which is fine but there is no reason to continue this revenge. And I thought it was downright absurd that Sami did this at the Horton house. I wish Jen had yanked her hair and forced her out the first time. Sami should have invited Abigail to DiMansion and confronted her there. Sami really needs to be angry at herself before anyone else. She chose to be with EJ knowing all about her past with him and knowing that he is a cheater. I'm all for revenge on EJ but I think she has already done quite enough in the past week. This revenge is sure to backfire on her at some point--you don't go up against Stefano and get away with it. You just don't. I have no sympathy for Samantha Gene.

I also blame Abigail as much as Sami does. Abigail wasn't raped. She did it willingly and gladly, then went back for more. She deserves all the disgrace Sami can heap on her.
I disagree about the disgrace. Yes, Sami needs to confront Abigail and get the anger out of her system and maybe tell some others as well but this ongoing vengeance she is threatening is not what Abigail deserves. That will only blow up in Sami's face eventually. And if she does continue, I hope Sami's 3 children are eventually taken from her because she is then no longer a good role model for her children.

Moving on to the gala. What a JOKE OF A SET!!!!!!!! Really?!? All this build-up and they can't produce a set? Yet they pay Patti Stanger for a 30 second cameo? :sick: Horrible! They should have had the gala at HTS then and included more characters. I'm surprised Eric wasn't there.

Kristen's hotel room seems to have gotten a little bigger too. :)

Hope and Aiden absolutely sizzling! I'm excited for Monday! Chase and Ciara so cute too. Though I did get a Princess Gina vibe several times due to Hope's red lipstick and the music they played for most of the episode.

The entire time JJ and Eve were together I kept thinking they were going to sleep together. I also wasn't sure if Eve was really being honest. I may rewatch these scenes.

In SOD's review of this week, the last line said that JJ went after EJ. I wonder if a scene was cut?

Anyway, I'm very curious to see what the ratings are for this week. I'm hopeful they will rival ratings from EJ/Abigail earlier this year.

Wasn't there a plot point awhile back about Eric deciding not to attend, for the betterment of the school/gala, because of the scandal? I seem to remember that but I might have dreamed it as the Gala buildup tended to make me...sleepy... ...zzz...LOL, and Eric doesn't help.

As to who broke up with whom, or ended it with whom, I will stand partially corrected - on Feb 23 21/24 EJ partially rebuffed Abigail. But he then pursued continued contact with her through the pregnancy scare and even after it ended, when she started telling him to kiss off, and he kept coming up with dumb reasons to see her, starting Mar 25, going through Nick's murder, etc.

Another thing that bugged me about today's episode/Sami was her dismissive attitude that EJ might harm Abby's family. This from the woman who, with EJ, just 3months ago hired a hitman to murder a member of Abby’s family. She of all people should know why Abby might not have fessed up; and we know Abby has wanted to fess up, but EJ keeps getting her to put it off.

replaced word...JS

I agree with those that are not enjoying Sami in this vengeful mode. This is Sami at her worst and I never enjoyed her when when she is in this mode. While Sami has the right to confront Abigail about the affair, she was way over the top with her. Abigail is not innocent in this affair, but she was keeping her distance from EJ for the last couple of months. EJ is the one who kept coming around during the issue with Nick and telling her about the hitman, and then Sami dragged her into the wedding party.

Back when EJ and Abigail first got together, I could not wait for Sami and Jennifer to find out. Sami to realize EJ had not changed; Jennifer to realize that Abigail is not the perfect daughter she thinks she is. However, the way Sami acted today, I was actually rooting for Jennifer to throw her out of Horton House, and in the end, instead of being judgmental towards Abby, she just comforted and held Abigail at the end.

I loved the dance with Hope and Aiden today and the fact that the show ended with them. I cannot wait to see what happens on Monday, but I was disappointed that more of the cast was not on, and that we did not get to see the entire gala.

Heather, I kept thinking about Princess Gina too. I kept looking for a crown on
Hope's head.

Did anyone else get the "Matchmaker" song in their head when Patti Stanger
was on? Was the whole gala done just to match Aiden and Hope?

I'm loving Sami's revenge on EJ because it's been eight years in the making. I want Sami to completely destroy EJ so he finally understands he started a war with the wrong woman in 2006. It would be icing on the cake if Lucas told EJ, "Dude, you have never known the real Sami. She's been tame the last several years. The Sami you are dealing with now is way worse than the one who shot you in the head."

I think Sami knows exactly what she lost with both Rafe and Lucas. Sami's comments about what a great guy Rafe is, and the way she looked at Lucas at the wedding. Sami made horrible choices. She knows that, and now Sami has to completely neutralize EJ, and get him out of her life, or it will be another eight years of hell.

@SnowFox , yes her revenge needs to focus on Elvis more than anyone else, but so far I have yet to see her be vicious with EJ the way she was with Abby and really the role of Abby in this situation could be played by anyone in Salem and again they were not close. Where with Elvis she allowed herself to trust and believe in him and his lies. So she needs to do her worst on him no holds bar it has been eight years of her being his neutered victim and its time that he get his much needed retribution for thinking that he walks on water and is above the law but that is the DiMera complex lol. That is why I hope they have Sami bring out his other much more vicious transgressions against her. I am disappointed that so far it is just because he cheated on her.

Sami is a walking joke. I don't feel sorry for her at all. How can one serial cheater complain about another when the 2 of them constantly cheat with each other and on one another. Sami should only be mad with herself for making the mistake of choosing EJ in the first place knowing the kind of person he is and what he is capable of when he doesn't get his way. What Kristen did to Eric and getting EJ to side with her and also listening to him lie about and blame Eric should have been Sami's motivation to leave EJ for good because that was here eye opener that EJ had not changed at all no matter how much she declared it to everyone. Kate spoke so much truth to Sami about her relationship with EJ. All they had going for them was sex. They were each others sex toy, every issue and argument they had was settled with EJ degrading her through sex.

Thanks for the summary! I finally was able to watch this afternoon online (although I'm pretty ticked off that it wouldn't let me watch it on my tablet at nbc.com :confused:). My show was completely preempted due to local news coverage of LeBron James returning to Cleveland. Yeah, we get it, huge news but my local affiliate literally blathered on and on for 2 hours about it! :beat:

Anywho, pretty good show! I loved the Hope and Aiden scenes. I really like the pace of their blossoming relationship. I think they are both a little caught off guard with the feelings they are developing for each other. Nicely done. When Aiden mentioned Hope's dancing I totally wanted her to be like, "well, there was this one time when I was a princess..." LOL. I am really disappointed though that there is no actual "gala". Why all the buildup to an event that they can't even take the time to show. Horrible decision by the writers, producers, directors, etc. Soap fans look forward to seeing big events on their soaps. This is/was an epic FAIL.

I liked, but did not love, the Sami/Abigail/Jennifer scenes. I'm glad Sami finally confronted Abigail about the affair with EJ and that Jen now knows as well but I didn't care for Sami's parting words that her revenge on Abby was far from over. She needs to put her focus on EJ. I am looking forward to any upcoming conversations with her family and Rafe/Lucas just to see their reactions to what she's doing. Should be interesting.

Don't much care about the JJ/Eve/Paige story, but I did think it was funny how JJ was calling Theresa a witch and Eve agreed. LOL.

I fixed it, KL!
Thanks.
Bear with me for the typos, all. LOL, I am on my Ipad, and the screen got cracked, so makes it even harder for me to type.

Helpless, I disagree. She is more vicious at EJ than Abby. She took everything from him and sent him to jail. Doesn't get worse than that, lol. Uless she killed him, which I hope she does.

I agree with all of you that while Abby is certainly no saint in this situation, EJ is more to blame. He is a serial cheater. He only cares about meeting his needs. He did it with Kate years ago, his entire relationship with Sami is based on romping in the hay, so much so that he had sex with her when they thought their child was dead and when he was married to Nicole! Oh and of course he cheated on poor Nikki with her own sister. EJ will always be a cheater. Nicole realized it and made the smart choice in divorcing him once and for all.

Sami was a stubborn idiot who has been lying to herself about loving him, his changes, and being a family with him just because Rafe and Lucas didn't let her walk all over them anymore. So while she didn't deserve anything he did to her, she knew exactly ehat she was getting herself into and stuck her head in the sand.

Similar to Brady and Kristen! He ignored what Kristen did to his family back in the day, and alienated them, then found out she hired Sy to beat him up. Then he chose to get back with her, and now he acts like the victim when her rape of Eric is revealed? Oh no, he is no victim. Brady knew exactly what kind of person she was, and chose to take her back. Same situation here. Plus, EJ was engaged at the time to Sami. It was HIM, not Abby, who was in a committed relationship and should have been more faithful.

Back