Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 11, 2014

I never heard of her, or her show, never have seen it in the listings, no idea if she still has it???
And don't care, at all. Maybe the way her scene was edited took our reference to the name of her show. It still seemed like a plug to me.

Yes, the show is still on, it is HORRIBLE, and I am only aware of it because I used to watch a clip show called The Soup which makes fun of all kinds of TV, though it mostly relies on reality TV. I had to look up whether her show was still on as well, because I haven't watched The Soup since they changed its timeslot years ago. I was dismayed to find it is.

It's on a sister network of NBC so I assume the intent was to cross-plug, my fear is we will see her again soon because no plug occurred. (The very thought fills me with horror.) If the purpose was to end up with Marlena as the MC, the entire thing could have been done without an appearance.

The Gala itself was crap. Hope and Aiden's scenes were good but at times Kristian Alfonso (Hope) looked almost angry or annoyed at something. I did not like Hope speaking and acting like Princess Gina at certain times in the episode. They need to drop the Gina stuff completely. Hope is not Gina and it needs to stay that way. I found it a bit confusing with the Princess Gina vibe they were giving in these scenes. It made Hope look out of character.

The dance was good but I felt Hope wasn't being herself. I got a Princess Gina vibe from it not a Hope vibe from it. Hope's look at the end was weird she looked angry or annoyed. Hope didn't look like she was enjoying herself. Aiden however looked like he was enjoying it and looked like he was falling in love with Hope. Kristian Alfonso (Hope) needs to relax more and smile more. There was not a lot of smiling from Hope at all in this episode.

And what was with Hope lying to Aiden about not knowing how to waltz and not being a very good dancer? She has danced a lot with Bo in the past.

I did enjoy the Hope and Aiden scenes though. They just need to keep Hope herself and in character.

She didn't say she didn't know how to waltz; she said she hadn't done so in years.

I think Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was trying to look very proper and distinguished during the dance, which came off in a rather Princess Gina manner (since that's how she played Gina).

It was not that long ago that Hope was at odds with Aiden, and yes, I agree with Heather, Jason, & KathyLu. I think Ciara put her mom into an awkward situation, she was making the best of it, and surprised herself at the feelings that surfaced within herself.
And if I had been the actress, I would not have liked being confined to a 1 foot square space, and expected to portray a lovely waltz, and not trip over all the wires and cables that surround them, let alone camera & crew.
Waltzes need space.....Hope & Aiden had none.

I still maintain the majesty of their dance could have been portrayed better if the group had been having an after-party ice cream snack in the square, and Hope lamented that she didn't get to waltz, and Chase & Ciara suggested their parents dance. More realistic and we wouldn't have had the travesty that was the fail-a.

Back