Days of Our Lives - Fri. July 15, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 15, 2016

Julie & Doug are joined by Claire in the Pub, where they exchange a lot of small talk. Claire talks of Ciara worried about Chad & Thomas, and is filled in about Jennifer taking Chad to court for custody. And Doug & Julie are clued in about Tate being kidnapped, and Summer being suspected. Great Gramma Caroline promised to give Claire the chowder recipe, which Julie would like to have, will give Claire the Alice Horton donut recipe. LOL. Doug keeps trying to call Hope, to no avail. Bit of chit chat about Claire's singing career going nowhere, even tho her video went viral. Chatter about inheriting Doug's music genes.

Theresa is on the phone with her mom, no news, no ransom demand, she is tearful. Belle & Shawn are there, Brady comes in, Theresa reams him out again about bringing Summer to town. He leaves. Belle tries to calm her down. Shawn wants to call his mom, but signal iffy, will do so out in hall.

Hope struggles to undo Rafe's chains, as he constantly urges her go, leave, she refuses. The timer ticks away. She goes outside to get a phone signal, returns, tries again, she has a screwdriver or something. Her phone rings, it is Shawn, she clues him in, he will get bomb squad, is on his way. He dashes off without letting Belle or Theresa know.

Victor is with John at Black Patch, both trying all kinds of sources to track Summer. Maggie is wheeled in by Paul, & is shocked/disbelieving that Summer is suspected of having taken Tate. Paul learns someone named Cindi Callahan flew out to Vegas on small plane, that was Summer's alias in CA. More checking around, Brady has arrived, Paul learns from a friend that a Cindi Callahan just checked into a hotel on the Strip.

Summer is pacing around, on the phone, making travel arrangements out of the U.S. anywhere, wants to leave right away. She later gets a call, confirms her flight to (sorry, either Morroco or Monaco??) in two hours.

Brady has comes back with the news about Vegas, Summer, etc. is going, Theresa is going, too. Definitely, she wants her son back.

Maggie is very upset over the idea that Summer could have done this, blames herself for giving her away, then not giving her more help when she came to Salem. Victor assures her not her fault. yada, yada.

At the cop shop, Roman & Justin are questioning Aiden, going over his story, he tells them most of what he told Hope. They argue, Roman is pretty disbelieving, Justin sort of calm, as Aiden wiggles his way out of all their questions. They ask why he changed the beneficiary on Hope's insurance, he lies, claims it was the DiMeras. Roman & Justin talk privately, have nothing to charge Aiden with, yes he conspired with the DiMeras, but Stefano is dead, Andre will lie, Aiden could even sue the dept for falsely holding him. Both men are aggravated, but Roman frees Aiden at last, Aiden starts to make one of his bold faced excuses....but Roman yells at him to shut up. He doesn't believe any thing he says, and now get out of his sight, he never wants to see him again.

Aiden returns to his room, and angrily begins trashing it, sweeping things over the dresser, tables, etc. He even up ends the mattress, pulling the blanket off, then sits and remembers (flashback) Hope coming in, smacking down, & cuffing him.

Back at the house, Hope has come down again, less than a minute on the timer now. She tells Rafe to stay still, and aims her gun at the chains above his head.

Outside, Shawn pulls up in a squad car, starts to get out as he radios in....Brady, 10-97 (that means checking for signal) when there is a loud explosion, which knocks him back into the squad.

Well, could see this cliff hanger coming a mile away. Though I did think it would be the longest 20 minutes in history and it wasn't. I was confused, Hope typically couldn't get a signal so went outside but then she calls Shawn from downstairs. Plus she calls him to get the bomb squad with 6 minutes left? Wouldn't have been better to call them the second you got there and there was 20 minutes left? I was surprised, maybe I missed it but I didn't hear here declare her love for Rafe.

Summer - wish she would just go away but gonna be so sad for Maggie if she does have Tate.

And apparently Roman gets more upset with someone for thinking of killing someone than if they actually do kill someone. He didn't grab either Hope or Joey by the shirt collar. Still hating every minute of Aiden's story. Nuff said.

You'd think Theresa would've immediately called Shane to get the ISA involved, since he is/was a pretty big cheese there.

Edited: Just saw the scene and after she gets off the phone with Kimberly, she tells Brady that her dad has arranged for an ISA agent to come and investigate.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched yet, but from yesterday, I agree with macgyverswife. Hope and Rafe wasted precious time. She should have called for help right away and he should have quit yapping about trying to get her to leave.

Let's hope Brady's trip to Las Vegas is one of those miraculously fast ones that we see made only by Salem residents. If Summer is leaving the country right away, he's going to have to get there in a hurry!

Thank you for the summary.

About Hope's phone reception..........She could not get a signal to call out, but was able to receive Shawn's call.

It happens to me all of the time in school buildings, senior centers, and in some rural areas. It even happens when I'm in the back of the stores when shopping at WalMart and Sam's Club. I can't get a signal to call out, but other people can still call and text me. My friend lives 3 miles from me, but lives almost under the cell tower. I have to go outside, and walk down her driveway to get a signal to call out, but still get incoming calls and texts while sitting at her dining room table.

Maggie is very upset over the idea that Summer could have done this, blames herself for giving her away, then not giving her more help when she came to Salem. Victor assures her not her fault. yada, yada

It totally cannot come soon enough that Summer is outed as a total con person and in no way, shape or form related to Maggie or the departed Golden One.

Well, could see this cliff hanger coming a mile away. Though I did think it would be the longest 20 minutes in history and it wasn't. I was confused, Hope typically couldn't get a signal so went outside but then she calls Shawn from downstairs. Plus she calls him to get the bomb squad with 6 minutes left? Wouldn't have been better to call them the second you got there and there was 20 minutes left? I was surprised, maybe I missed it but I didn't hear here declare her love for Rafe.
Hope couldn't get a signal. Shawn got thru to her and obviously, too late.

I also wondered why Hope/Shawn/Doug didn't just text one another. When I used to commute to Manhattan, I often couldn't get a signal underground in Penn Station but I could text.

I need to rewatch as I was also on a call but there was no urgency whatsoever in the Hope/Rafe scenes. Very poor execution (no pun intended) in my opinion. I guess I should be thankful Shawn was the final freeze frame.

Speaking of Shawn, he was on all 5 days this week! Now can we get him a storyline or 2 where he isn't supporting someone else? I was hoping he would have been hurt in the explosion only so Belle could wake up once and for all. But he seems to be fine. All about Hope as usual.

Lots of characters on today's episode. Not bad though I could have done without Maggie.

I'm seriously thinking I need to get my hearing checked because yesterday I thought I heard Hope say the name "Gabi" and today I could have sworn I heard Claire say the words "Grandma Hope." But they just couldn't be could it? Don't they say that hearing is one of the first things to go? LOL

Seriously though I bet you all a steak dinner that we still won't Claire call Hope that to her face in the rare scenes they have together.

There has been some discussion on here about the show doesn't seem to acknowledge family relationships beyond parent-child and siblings. So just for fun I found myself trying to untangle some family trees during the scenes with Belle/Shawn/Brady and Theresa.

Note just to keep things simple I'm just going to identify people as cousins when it applies because when people starting getting into that "first cousin twice removed" stuff I find myself developing a migraine. LOL

So here we go and please feel free to correct me if I get something wrong.

Shawn's father Bo and Theresa's mother Kim were brother and sister so that makes Shawn and Theresa cousins,

Shawn's father Bo and Brady's mother Isabella were half-brother and sister sharing Victor as a father. So Shawn and Brady are cousins as well.

Shawn and Belle were married.

Brady and Belle are half-siblings sharing John as a father.

So when Shawn and Belle were married, Shawn was not only Brady cousin but was also his brother-in-law.

Yeah I think I'm starting to understand why the folks in Salem just don't talk about their extended family relationships. LOL

In re: Bo & Kim were half siblings, sharing the same mother. Bo's father is Victor, Kim's is Shawn, Sr.Minor point. LOLOL

Oh, I think it has been brought to the attention of whoever counts, about no acknowledgement of Hope being a grandmother to Claire. Guess this was the show's way to acknowledge the fact. And am not taking that steak dinner bet, cuz Hope needs to acknowledge and I doubt she will. Claire is Ciara's friend. Period.

Shawn's father Bo and Theresa's mother Kim were brother and sister so that makes Shawn and Theresa cousins,

Shawn's father Bo and Brady's mother Isabella were half-brother and sister sharing Victor as a father. So Shawn and Brady are cousins as well.
Bo and Kim are half-siblings, too, only sharing the same mother, Caroline.

But yep, Shawn Douglas is related to Tate through his grandfather (Victor being Brady's grandfather) and through his grandmother (Caroline, being Jeannie T's grandmother).

Same with Claire.

Ok I watched again.

Loved Doug/Julie/Claire scenes and glad they were on all episode. Claire has said Grandma Hope before, she's just never said it to her face. Claire also said Uncle Brady today.

Claire is related to Tate 3x:eek::
She is first cousins via her mom and Uncle Brady
She is second cousins via her dad and his cousin Jeannie T
She is second cousins via her dad and his cousin Brady

Summer has brown hair now. I think that's the actress' natural color. Does she or doesn't she have Tate?

Liked that they tied Paul's baseball background to the PI work. But do PI's carry around guns like that? Steve doesn't.

Still didn't care for the Hope/Rafe stuff but glad it didn't dominate the episode. Loved the ending with Shawn screaming MOM. He and Ciara should be freaked out considering they just lost Bo.

Last edited:
Troy, Claire did say Grandma Hope. Closed captioning helps. Nice to see Claire with
her great grandparents.

I hate to be the maid where Aiden is staying.

Paul is having fun playing detective with John.

I'm glad Theresa talked to her mom.

I wonder why no one has tried to find camera footage at the airport. They
could see Summer and whether she has Tate or not. Or are they waiting on
the FBI and that will be tomorrow whenever the day shows up in Salem.

A good episode with a lot of characters interacting with each other.

Did anyone else notice that Dougs eyes looked a bit peculiar today? I thought maybe a bit too much mascara.

Thanks Poirot. I had a feeling that I was probably going to miss something.

I was just joking about mishearing Claire saying "Grandma Hope" Katmouse. It's one of things I just didn't think we actually would hear anybody on the show say. Another example would be Victor saying "Brady and Theresa were made for each other." LOL

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for Hope to acknowledge Claire as her granddaughter. Claire has referred to Hope before as grandma when talking to other people, but has never called her that in person.

The show has been very careful not to show Tate with Summer, which makes me think Summer is just a red herring and someone else like the nanny has taken him. Have they even called the nanny to see what she knows?

This episode was predictability piled onto predictability with Maggie weeping about Summer, Jeannie T. wailing, Brady and Victor barking, and Hope dithering as the bomb's clock ticked down to zero. Things might have been a little more interesting if: Maggie had said: "Oh, I just knew that that Summer was no good -- I just had a feeling": Jeannie T. had exuded calm determination; Rafe had done a Harry Houdini -- twisting, turning, and then suddenly standing up free of his chains and/or time ran out on Andre's bomb causing a little sign to pop up, which said, "boom, you're dead." Another touch could have been Andre expressing frustration when his "Andre TV" live-broadcast from the basement was interrupted by ads for OxiClean or Truly Radiant products or some breaking-news feature.

Back