Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 22, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 22, 2016

So, today we meander around town and peek in observing the antics of various Salemites. Kate is about to leave the Kmansion, has a small bag, guess she cleared out the rest of her stuff, and there, unexpectedly for her, is Deimos. A few insults are exchanged of course, Deimos ends up just saying disgustedly - goodbye, Kate, and shuts a door behind him as he exits. Kate flounces out the front door in a huff.

And next she is in the hotel room (or wherever), unpacking, putting things in drawers, etc. She sits, contemplating, finally calling someone, leaving a message to call her back, she wants to talk.

In Marlena's apartment, Theresa has arrived, non-stop talking, anxious, as Marlena is going to hypnotize her, see if she can remember something about when Tate was taken. She evidently gets Theresa calmed down enough to focus, eyes closed, and going thru that day...having her protein drink, arguing a bit with Brady, being tired, going to the little park near the square, working on the tablet, being so tired, Anne arrives, Anne leaves, Theresa continues to try and work, but is just so tired. She talks of everything going black, Marlena has her go back, look at Tate in the stroller, see him, look up. Theresa sees a shadow, a figure, a person, slowly walking towards them. She gets excited, but everything gets foggy, she jumps up. She is all babbling, wants to be put under again, but Marlena thinks they should wait a couple hours, til she calms a bit, and they can try again, she may be able to see a face.

In John's office, he, Brady, & Paul are going over items, Steve comes in. Seems he has been working on that Chopin group, how idiotic that half the names are of dead composers, the rest are alias names. Victor arrives. He really wants to help, would never hurt Brady this way. Harsh words from Brady, Victor maintains he might hate Summer & Theresa, but would never get back at them using that beautiful child, offers to help with reward money. John says Theresa already did, it was a bust. Vic thinks it might work better coming from him. He leaves. Brady warns everyone not to tell Vic anything, he still doesn't trust him.

Shawn & Belle are in the square, talking of Hope in the hospital, coming home in a week, and get interrupted by the eavesdropping Andre, who offers to perhaps go by the hospital to pay his respects. Shawn warns him to stay away. Name calling. (I swear, when Andre delivers his lines at times, I can see that villain in old cartoon, twirling his mustache, as he ties the young girl to the railroad tracks...lol) Later, who comes along but Philip & Chloe. His arm around her shoulders, they all exchange fake pleasantries. Phil announces he has signed Chloe to his music lable, she is going to be a star, if Adele, who is biggest one now, can do so, then Chloe will be next. She is more modest, is not too sure. A bit of small talk, they take off, Belle doesn't look so thrilled, tho Shawn is glad to see them together. He tells Belle she wanted Phil to leave her alone, now he will be occupied with Chloe, they have a lot of history together. Belle doesn't look all that happy, not at all.

Kate sits in a booth at the Pub, Marlena joins her. These are good scenes, both actresses having a good time, laughter, even though there is serious talk. Kate complains about herself, how once again she chose the wrong man, made mistakes, why does she keep doing this. Marlena wonders if Kate wants to talk to her friend, or a shrink. Kate says both, she is a big girl, can take it. Marlena tells her she always picks wrong men because she feels she doesn't deserve a good one. Kate tries to make excuses, is attracted to them, they are powerful. Marlena laughs, no, they are simply criminals.

Marlena says something about her boys, how she ends up alienating them. They kibbitz a bit, Marlena encourages her to make a change, people do change. Kate wants to make amends with her children. Marlena has to leave, has another appointment, Kate will pick up their bill. (don't know what for, they neither ate for drank anything).

Nicole sits with Dario at the club, telling him her ideas for remodeling , Deimos comes in, wants to talk to her privately. She suggests they go for a walk, they leave. In the park, he tells her how Kate is gone, from the house, the business, his life, wants to start over with Nicole. She isn't having any of it, tho she is torn. She reminds him he was all about Helena, and that ended 30 years ago, he used Nicole, played her. Deimos is sorry, realizes he is just doing a lot of words, actions will prove he is a changed man. And he will prove it to her.

When he is gone, Dario arrives, trying to get Nicole to tell him just what it is about Deimos that gets to her. She knows what he is, what he has done, doesn't like it, so what is it? She doesn't know herself.

Victor answers his door, to find Deimos, tries to shut the door in his face, Deimos enters anyway. He comments about how Victor treats his brother back from the dead. Vic tells him to go back to the hell he came from. But Deimos tells him that his brother of old is dead, that standing before him is this brand new man, that he has changed and is going to prove it.

Steve has been out, returns to the office, after managing to get in touch with someone from that Chopin group, told him to call Brady at the number ending in 46. The guy is very nervous. Phone rings, Brady answers, telemarketer. Slams phone down. Theresa has rushed in, all excited about her session with marlena, that she saw something, but the men are shushing her, as she keeps babbling and just will NOT shut up. The phone rings again, Brady answers, Paul, Steve, & John are gathered round being quiet, but Theresa is going on and on about seeing something that will help them catch the guy. Of course the caller hears this, asks about catching...Brady tries to field it...the guy hangs up. They are going to try and call back...Paul is busy at the computer, Theresa babbling, someone just yells for her to STOP TALKING.

Paul has managed to get the number, they dial, but no answer. Theresa finally realizes this was a huge lead, and that they lost it because of her. She is crying, Brady holding her. Steve & John try to say they are not sure it would have panned out, as Brady keeps murmuring to her, it's not your fault, not your fault.

Much better episode than yesterday. I think this was the best episode of the week though I do think it was edited.

Re: the Tatenapping this is the point at which they need to give the audience something. That should have been the cliffhanger today. I'm pretty resolved to the fact that the kidnapper reveal will probably be the Olympics cliffhanger but they could still show us Tate in the interim or give us another more substantial clue as to where he is or who he is with.

Interesting that Jeannie T can remember someone from a time she was knocked out. Or was she? And so happy to see Marlena involved.

Shawn/Belle/Philip/Chloe together in the same scene. Oh my heart! I also loved the Shawn/Belle scenes and the fact that they mentioned Hope. Even better would be to see Belle and Hope together. Also loved Belle's dress.

Is Chloe going to wear that same exact black sweater everyday until the actress playing her is no longer pregnant?

It seems like today was a new day in Salem but maybe not? Or maybe yesterday was the start of it? Andre mentioned breakfast.

Loved the BlackPatch team working on the case. I like it when we see Steve and Kayla doing things separately and with purpose. I also like how quickly Steve figured out this was a professional job. Though I wonder why the Salem PD isn't at least being informed? I would think they should at least be talking about the cops. And can someone tell me why John is wearing that huge holster everyday? Aren't private investigators supposed to be undercover? And nobody else is wearing one.

No interest in Kate but I am happy to see Andre finally involved in so many different stories. Like him or hate him, he does steal the scene. And I don think he will end up being successful at his shenanigans.

Thank you for the summary. I wondered if the show would have been overtaken by reporting of the terrorist attack in Germany. I haven't tried to watch yet but it seems you got to watch the whole episode.

I was surprised Kate was still in the process of getting out of the mansion. How much stuff did she have there anyway?? Funny that she and Deimos are both talking about changing. Does anybody really believe that either of them can or will?

I don't think I can take Belle being jealous over Philip and Chloe. Or Philip and anybody else. She has turned into such a shallow person,

Can't somebody please just put duct tape over Theresa's mouth??

Thanks to you all mentioning Andre...he is just so sneaky so, I just forgot all about him eavesdropping on Marlena & Kate, then joining Kate, making fun of her getting advice from Marlena, and trying to talk her into partnering up with him to get revenge on the town. Egads.

I got a chuckle out of your description of Andre, Poirot. He also kind of reminds me of a character I played in a sixth-grade play; another "Snidely Whiplash" type. I still remember my first scene I was sitting at a desk talking on the phone and I made the character choice to put my feet up on the desk, it brought the house down. The crowd also laughed at the evil laugh I created. Ah the path not taken, I could have been a multi-Tony award by now. *sigh*

Anyway that's enough about me let's get back to Andre. Thaao Penghlis (Andre) brings so much sinister old world elegance and wit to the character it would nice if the writers would give the character some depth and nuance.

So Theresa saw a figure approaching her and Tate? Interesting, I guess. This story feel like it's been stuck firmly in neutral and I'm finding hard to maintain interest. It's not a terrible story but it's just kind of meandering. I'm glad to see this Chopin Group thing isn't a dead end and seems to be leading to something. It just needs to do a bit quicker in my oh so very humble opinion.

Just in case anyone has no idea about my description of Andre delivering his lines, & Troy's reference to Snidely Whiplash......

220px-DoRightCast.JPG

In this scenario, Mountie Dudley Do Right has rescued the damsel in distress, and now Snidely is tied up. LOL

Love those characters in the old cartoon. Your description also got me trying to think of a man who played the villain in some of the old, old black and white westerns. He was the father of a family of actors. I think the younger ones did karate or some of that kind of thing but oh well, I could be mixed up.

And when will Dudley Do-Right Rafe going tie up Andre and ride off into the sunset with some fair damsel? Elsewhere, viewers were treated to the new, sincere Deimos and an introspective Kate trying to understand why she's drawn to "complicated" and "powerful" men (i.e., lowlifes). It this becomes a trend, perhaps "Dr." Andre can offer Salemites an alternative to conventional psychiatry. E.g., "Dr. Andre, what should I do?; Andre: "Well as Father always used to say ...."

Andre made some crack to Shawn about his father...when Shawn was telling him to stay away from his mother, or he will regreat it. Andre laughs, saying something about not to worry, Hope Brady has 9 lives.......he hesitates.....then snidely adds....."unlike your father".....and Shawn is right back with "or yours".

I found the actor I was thinking of, who played villains long ago. It was John Carradine. He seems like he'd be good for a real-life version of Snidely Whiplash.

The actor who plays Andre does a good job. He's evil and almost seems a little bit insane. He give me the creeps so I guess that's what he's supposed to do.

Love those characters in the old cartoon. Your description also got me trying to think of a man who played the villain in some of the old, old black and white westerns. He was the father of a family of actors. I think the younger ones did karate or some of that kind of thing but oh well, I could be mixed up.

Probably thinking of John Carradine.

Oops responded without reading more posts.

I would much rather have Tony than Andre. Tony and Anna were fabulous foils for each other.

Thanks for the info, Days was interrupted for the last 1/2 hour, a fire that was at least 3 hours away from here.

Also a big thanks for Snidely Whiplash remembrance. Long time ago, but I remember him slithering around the cartoon world. My kids watched Dudley Do Right. Hey, could that be Andre's new nickname?? I love it when he is so very Snidely-ish!!

A good show with a lot of characters.

If we go by what Marlena is wearing, it's a new day because she wore something
different yesterday or she wore something different at home.

It was nice to see Kate and Marlena talk. It's been awhile and Kate needs a
female friend.

So, Chloe has moved back to Salem. I wonder where she lives and will Parker
be visiting his friends a lot.

Shawn was delighted Philip and Chloe might be together. Belle wasn't.

Not the best ending for a Friday with Theresa boohooing .

Last edited:
If we go by what Marlena is wearing, it's a new day because she wore something
different yesterday or she wore something different at home.
We really can't go by what Marlena wears. After all, she "wore" a purse to answer the door that time. Anyone else remember that?

What's wrong with me? I'm loving Deimos and the possible pairing with Nicole. Theresa has me believing this is not a soap! I've actually cried a couple of times. Loved Marlena and Kate actually having a civil conversation as friends. I really enjoyed this episode, they mixed it up enough to cover a lot of ground.

Back