Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 25, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 25, 2014

Lots of filler in the show today, with 15 min of story taking an hour to tell. Just my thoughts while watching. JJ sits with Daniel in the Horton house, with his new guitar, telling Daniel how much he loves it. They have what amounts to what would be called a nice father-son talk, as JJ talks of the difficulty he & Paige have with their moms feuding, and then his mom's breakup with Daniel, who assures him that the bad times will pass before he knows it.
Paige is having a mother-daughter talk with her mom, about JJ, the suit, boys, men, etc. Eve tells of the confrontation with Jen in front of Daniel, is surprised Paige did not tell her they had been seeing each other. Why should she? More chatter, with Paige noting her mom flits from man to man, latching on the next to show up when she loses one. Eve gives some mother advice about not doing anything she doesn't want to do, just because she thinks she might lose the boy.
So, cue the young teens having the Horton house to themselves, Abby is out, Jen has a lawyer conference, so they will stay in, are hungry, then not so much. They begin kissing, then get a little hot & heavy, Paige flashes to her mom's words and tells JJ no, no, she doesn't want to do this. She grabs her purse and is out the door, despite JJ's apologies and trying to call her back.

Then there is Eric visiting the Bishop, who beats around the bush a lot, but evidently his is a complicated case, and he will be required to do something. We never learn what, just that Eric wants to see Brother Timothy first, before he agrees.
Next, Nicole is called in, same beating around the bush, but ultimately she is being asked to be a witness, which she says she already did. Guess this is something else, though, because she seems a bit stunned.

Aiden & Jennifer are meeting...I suppose this is his office, looks like the Club. He gets a call, will be back, Nicole arrives, wants a minute, Jen has no time. They go back and forth, a bit nicely, but it amounts to Nicole apologizing to Jen, heard about her breakup with Daniel. Jen is sorry, has a lawsuit, her lawyer will be back soon, she just doesn't have the time or energy. She explains how someone is suiing her, wanting a percentage of the proceeds from Jack's book. Nicole is sorry, but soon the conversation takes a wrong turn, they are arguing when Aiden arrives, breaking it all up, and Nicole leaves. He now tells Jen that he put it a statement to the court to have the case dismissed, they should hear by next week. Jen is elated, thanks him for all the time he has put in, but Aiden hasn't minded, claims it keeps him out of trouble.

(Are you all falling asleep yet? lol) Over at the hospital, remorseful Brady sits with his dad, Maggie arrives. Brady tells her she was right all along, he let drugs and booze cloud his mind, his judgement, and look what he did, and doesn't even remember. She asks if he has gone to a meeting, he says more than one, he is changing his life now, and has to live with what he did to his father for the rest of his life. She hugs him, Brady wonders how she can even talk to him after the things he said to her. But she knows it was the booze & drugs talking, not him, he hit rock bottom, and now is climbing up. They talk a bit more, she is very sympathetic, and proud of him.
Theresa is in the waiting room, frantically trying to reach Anne, leaving messages. She is about to walk out when Victor comes in. Oh, he has her number, calls her a choice name or two, she is not going to get a penny of Brady's money. She gets smart alecky with him and is about to walk out when Brady & Maggie arrive. Brady asks to have some time along with Theresa, so Vic & Maggie leave, running into Daniel. Victor asks Daniel to take Maggie home.
Brady tells Theresa they will be getting an annulment, that no marriage will work when one does not even remember getting married. She claims she barely remembers herself, and agrees. Then he lets her know that they will not even be seeing each other, that he is making changes in his life, and cannot go that same route any more. She is not too happy about it, but apparently agrees.
Out in the hall, Victor is talking with Abe, who has come to talk to Brady. Victor asks why, Abe won't say, is not allowed to discuss the case. Brady comes out, tells Vic he already said he did it, Vic tells him to not say another word, but Brady wonders if perhaps Abe is there to arrest him.

At the Kmansion, Maggie pours tea for Daniel, they chat. Daniel is leaving town, a medical conference in St. Louis, then figures to pick up Parker, if o.k. with Chloe, and perhaps take him up to see Melanie. Daniel starts to leave, only to run into Jennifer who is coming in. Awkward moment, but he does leave. Maggie lets Jen know that Daniel is leaving town going up to see Melanie.

Theresa sits on a park bench with her tablet, talking to herself, deciding that perhaps she will go to L.A. and seeking info. Eve comes along, wonders what she is up to. grabs the tablet, sees the trip to L.A. She is surprised, what about the new husband. Theresa says they both realize it was a mistake, and she only wants to visit Mom and Dad. Eve is not buying that since Shane & Kim told her that if Theresa went back, she would go to jail. And what is the idea on only a one way fare. Theresa grabs the tablet, telling Eve to leave her things along and hurries off. Eve sits, and asks aloud.....Oh, Theresa, just what have you done now?

Cant wait to see this. Glad Nicole is in her right mind again and trying to make amends though not so happy to hear Jen is being Jen. I'm excited also for Daniel and JJ's scenes and especially to see Victor confront Theresa.

Didn't Theresa try this running away to LA thing when the Liam situation got too serious? How many times will she try this before Kim and Shane catch on?

(Are you all falling asleep yet? lol)
In between cat naps, a few things were apparent. 1) Destruction seems to be a recurring theme in Salem this week. First, Sami announced her intention to "destroy" Abigail and now Victor says he'll do the same to brat girl Theresa. Of the two potential victims, Theresa has far more to worry about. A determined Victor is much more to be feared than Hurricane Sami. 2) Could Ms. Priss sink any lower? Nicole offers her sincere condolences about the end of darling Jenny's break-up with the Love Doctor, and the sleeveless wonder gets nasty. (Speaking of Jen Jen, she ought not to get too excited about Aiden's pending motion for summary judgment. It's a standard tactic in civil cases and only succeeds if a judge decides one case is so weak or the other is so overwhelmingly strong that there's no need for a jury.) 3) The long-running Eric case may be one of the most complicated in Church history. Enough already. If the evidence is good enough for Bishop Wright, give Eric back his Roman collar, and if local public opinion is a concern, send him to the Vatican to study at the prestigious Pontifical Gregorian University. This will get him away from Salem where he can't bore Days viewers and could put his Church career on the fast track (e.g., Cardinal Archbishop Brady of Chicago or Pope Eric I), which would please the long-suffering Marlena.

Oh, Victor was right on. Theresa thought she could pull a bluff, and sashay out, but Vic stopped her cold.

Just a side note. Because of the pre-emption a couple weeks ago, Days schedules are changed, and this was supposed to be a Thursday episode.....which may be why it was not all THAT interesting.

Thanks for the summary. The first 5 minutes of the show didn't record for me. But you were right, boring overall. I LOVED Victor against Theresa, Brady seeking help...and most of all: Nicole telling off the Haggifer!!!!! YES!!!!

The Eric and Caroline scenes confuse me a bit...so he goes to her and is cautious about telling her Nicole will go with him as a witness? And yet, she is trying to have Sami stay with EJ for family reasons? What is this CRAP they are writing!?!?

I'm glad Brady told Theresa he wants an annulment. It must run in her family
since Eve got one.

Eve ticked me off when she talked to Paige about Daniel. We all know Theresa
told Eve everything about Dan and Jen.

Daniel told JJ and Maggie he knows to stay away from Eve now. Will he?

I laughed when Eric was telling Caroline that he go to a higher
authority to be a priest again. I thought of God :)

I'm glad Brady told Theresa he wants an annulment. It must run in her family
since Eve got one.

Eve ticked me off when she talked to Paige about Daniel. We all know Theresa
told Eve everything about Dan and Jen.

Daniel told JJ and Maggie he knows to stay away from Eve now. Will he?

I laughed when Eric was telling Caroline that he go to a higher
authority to be a priest again. I thought of God :)
As long as Eve doesn't dress in a hospital gown, I'm sure Daniel will stay away and fawn all over his Sleeveless Hag again in no time.

Thank you so much for the summary. I got to watch the show today, but my tv reception kept going all squiffy. I did get to see and hear Victor with Theresa, though. I cheered out loud . Missed the part where Brady said he'd be getting an annulment. Will we really be getting the old Brady back?

Not much to say today. Loved Nicole telling off Jennifer.

Also liked Aiden being on without Hope. I've said this before but that is how you properly introduce a new character and get the audience invested. Not by isolating the character the way the show has with Jordan for the past year. I'm also enjoying how he is longing for Hope.

Daniel and JJ were great and I was glad Jen didn't interrupt. I really do wonder where they are going with Jen. It does seem she is starting to recognize her own faults.

Eve is a liar and I'm not so sure she has Paige's best interests at heart. We saw that today.

Maggie's skirt was horrible and extremely unflattering. I would have preferred ruffles.

I am curious to see where the Eric/Nicole story goes.....deleted spoiler info...Poirot

I hope tomorrow is a new day in Salem.

Heather, I agree about Maggie's outfit. I saw it in the pictures last week and along with the shawl...blech! It would have been more tolerable if she wore that outfit in like March or November, but it just doesn't look like itis meant for hot and muggy summer weather.

Now that I've seen it, I'm even happier with the Daniel/JJ scenes than I was reading the summary. I'm glad they finally talked. I liked how Daniel was supportive and kind while firmly setting the boundary that his breakup with Jen was off-limits as a conversation topic.

The Paige/JJ scene was predictable thanks to that oh-so-obvious advice Eve gave Paige. It would have been more interesting if they hadn't gone for the sex on the couch that is so common in Salem and instead Paige was left wondering if JJ really wanted her, yet felt guilty about having sexual feelings towards him because of what Eve said. I'm guessing now JJ is going to worry that he's a rapist in the making and not know how to handle it.

I think Brady might have been done with Theresa and/or with alcohol even if John hadn't been attacked because he doesn't like the idea of waking up to discover he's married. I like his new commitment to sobriety and hope it lasts this time. The fact that he broke it off even though he walked in on Victor disapproving of Theresa is a good sign. I just hope that if/when the truth comes out about what Theresa did, he doesn't decide to look for answers at the bottom of the bottle again since he wasn't the one who hit John.

Speaking of Victor: :clap: x10000. Unlike Sami, Victor knows how to destroy troublemakers, and I'm glad that when it comes to someone messing with his family, he doesn't pause to think about what Maggie would or wouldn't approve of. It'll be interesting to see where he goes with this.

Jen was not only ridiculous but RUDE. Attacking Nicole was uncalled for. I can understand her being skeptical because of what Nicole did to her in the past, but if someone apologizes and you're not sure they're sincere, it's not necessary to call them on it. I'm glad Nicole stood up for herself and told Jen what Jen needed to hear (and probably did not hear.) I'm sure Aiden does not like Nicole since the only times he's seen her was when she was in crazy mode at Jen's party and fighting with Jen now. Oh well. That little skirmish didn't exactly put his client in a good light either.

Jen acting like she had no right to go visit Maggie because Daniel happened to be there was ridiculous. These kinds of awkward things are what happens when your ex is your aunt's biological child. In any event, Maggie should not have told her so much about what Daniel's plans were, since Jen and Daniel are broken up. Maggie did so well at not putting her nose into what Brady was saying to Theresa that I thought there was hope for her until that scene.

I have this feeling that the Bishop is taking over the role that Father Matt would have had if the actor was still alive. He just had that grandfatherly quality in his scenes with Nicole that reminded me very much of how Father Matt was. (RIP Father Matt :().....deleted spoiler info......Poirot had to wonder what the Bishop privately thought of the fact that Nicole is dressed and made up completely differently than she was the last time he saw her. I also thought that her saying Eric refuses to forgive her and acts like he hates her should have had an effect on the reinstatement proceedings.

I'm guessing now JJ is going to worry that he's a rapist in the making and not know how to handle it.

I got the same impression Heroic Muse. JJ didn't stop until Paige had asked him several times, then she took off and he looked at Jack's picture. That's what my first thought was, JJ relating his behavior to Jack's.

Thanks for the summary.

I liked Daniel telling JJ he doesn't have to pick sides. JJ looking at Jack's picture after Paige left was deep. I hope he doesn't beat himself up or compare himself to Jack with what just happened with Paige. They seem to be a couple that can talk thru things so far.

Juicy Victor & Theresa scene which could go many directions. How would Caroline feel about him destroying her granddaughter. How does Maggie feel about Victor acting like the man she thought he changed from or does her hatred of Theresa excuse it this time. Victor is another who never pays for his crimes & manhandles women. It surprises me that some well written comedic lines seem to redeem him from outrage of things other characters do but get called out for by viewers. Theresa didn't seem to like him grabbing her by the arm the way she looked at her arm when he did that then glared at him.

Back