Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 29, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 29, 2016

Summer is in panic mode at Theresa laying on the floor, unconscious. She has a pulse, Summer is relieved, but grabs her still packed suitcase, writes a note, and leaves. Later, she is in the square, Maggie comes rolling along, calls to her, asks if she is running away again. Yes, Summer is leaving, everyone knows she has overstayed her welcome, she is sorry for all she put Maggie through, but very grateful & happy she got to meet her. Maggie is near tears, extends her arms to hug Summer, who turns abruptly and walks away. Maggie dissolves in tears.

Victor has knocked at the Kmansion door, but when Deimos opens it, refuses to come in. He came to accept Deimos's offer, they will more or less start anew. Deimos says how sorry he is...but Vic won't accept an apology. He is willing to let the past stay in the past, but really wants nothing to do with Deimos, just as he figures Deimos doesn't want anything to do with him. He turns and leaves.

Joey & Jade are in the park, he did not like waking up to find her gone, they are kissing, he says his mom is going away to a convention this weekend, they can have the whole place to themselves, wake up in the morning together, etc. She calls him a romantic, they kiss, her father comes by, "Get your filthy hands off my daughter". Joey introduces himself, puts out his hand, the angry dad wants Jade to come with him back home, she doesn't want to go. He accuses Joey of leading her astry, involved with cops, she wasn't raised that way. She calls him Hal, says she was not raised at all by him, Joey is yelling about him abusing Jade, he denies it. Hal claims her mom wants her back at home.Hal grabs Jade, Joey says hands off, Hal pushes Joey, along comes Fynn to put a stop to it all.

Brady & John question Deimos about Georgis Papadopolis, Deimos denies knowing him, they show the pic, Deimos says that was 30 years ago, I was very legit back then. They mention the Chopin group, Deimos shrugs, no idea what that is. If he met that Georgis back then, he doesn't remember it at all. John & Brady leave, with Brady warning Deimos that if he finds that Deimos had anything to do with Tate's kidnapping, he will return and kill him.

Nicole is having lunch with Parker, having a good time, Dario shows up. Nicole introduces them, (this is Daniel's son) talks of having Parker & his mom over for dinner. Parker wants Dario to come.

Later, Parker is gone, Nicole is talking about Daniel, Dario brings up Deimos, Nicole denies any real "thing" going on, but talks of how she almost feels like she is betraying Daniel when she talks to any man. Dario says "a dead man? how do you betray someone who is dead"? Then says she would by not going on with her life, living alone, etc. etc. She thanks him for listening, invites him to spill to her, but he only wants to kiss her. She lets him know that they are good friends, she is grateful for that, but there can be nothing more, ever. Deimos calls her, wants to see her tell her something that is going to please her a lot.

Theresa wakes up, immediately calls Brady, says she is in Summer's room, that Summer attacked her, and is now gone. John & Brady come over.

Kayla comes into the Club, finds Steve bartending, doesn't believe it, not his kind of thing, taking orders from people, listening to complaints, etc. He figures he can handle it all, she says it is not who he is. Then lets him know that even if he did succeed, he would end up resenting her for being the cause of being unable to leave town when John needs someone to go to Bankok to check something, or hesitating to help someone being bullied or something - not that he would not stop to help anyway. They talk of Joey, with Steve advising Kayla to lay off trashing Jade, only makes him more defensive, then they talk of how Joey is still troubled about what happened with Ava. Kayla says he has bad dreams, last night he was crying in his sleep. He dropped the last therapist, needs help, she made appt. tonight with Marlena for him. Steve says good idea. In comes Fynn & Joey, supposedly for coffee. Kayla & Steve talk to Joey privately, explaining about the appt. with Marlena, it is set in stone, they insists. He is not happy about it, but goes off with her. Steve wants a word with Fynn.

He tells Fynn that it is none of his business what goes on between Fynn & Kayla, but his boy is a different story. And he is not going to allow Fynn to use his son to weasel his way into Kayla's life.

Kayla walks with Joey, he is not happy about the appointment, she talks of him needing counseling, that he has not dealt with it all. He moans about how screwed up everything is, his family, Jade's family. She talks some more about him needing this, and he shoots it right back at her about her & dad needing counseling themselves. When will they get it. All this not being able to get along on a basic level, what, did she get that out of a book? You both need counseling yourselves.

Theresa tells Brady what happened, and how she tripped, hit her head. He wants her to go to hospital, get checked. nope, they have to find Summer. John has found the note, Salem Inn, Room 1019. Brady sends John to go after Summer, he & Theresa will go to that room.

Brady & Theresa enter an empty hotel room, look around a bit, no idea why Summer sent them there. Theresa protests, she has this overwhelming feeling that Tate was here, that this is where Summer brought him. She is upset, there is really nothing there to indicate this. Brady holds and comforts her. She was right about Summer, he is sorry, he should have listened to her, he is sorry. He starts looking recklessly into drawers, etc, pulls the dresser away from the wall, looks behind, & calls Theresa over. He has found a small stuffed toy.....yes, it was Tate's. Summer must have brought him here, and whoever was in this room that day is the one who has Tate.

I know Deimos poisoned Maggie which led to her paralysis, but Victor should accept his apology. Victor sent the man to prison for 30 years for something he didn't do!! That's kind of a biggie too!

And why did they even do the stupid Summer is Maggie's daughter story?? It accomplished nothing. Least of all, a good story.

And speaking of Summer, she is really good at knocking people out with just a little push. I know Theresa said she tripped but I think Summer pushed her. :rotfl:

Kayla and Steve. Man, he just can't do anything that will please her, can he?!!

And yay! So happy they found Tate's toy. I really wish they would at least show us him. Of course next time we see him, he'll probably be 5. :rotfl:

Meh episode after a really good one yesterday.

They could have at least tried to make Room 1019 look different from Summer's. :rolleyes: I thought they were still in Summer's room since I was half listening. I'm still banking on a kidnapper reveal as the Olympics cliffhanger. We are now 5 days away.

Today was Marie Wilson(Summer)'s last day. I really wish they had reversed the Maggie is her mother stuff. I have no interest in seeing the door open for a return.

The Steve/Kayla stuff seems to be in a never ending cycle. She loves him, she loves him not. MAKE A DECISION! And Fynn rescuing Joey? Just NO. I'm also kind of tired of seeing Steve have to fight for Kayla. I thought he did that already.

I really wish they had reversed the Maggie is her mother stuff.
It would've been great if someone had been able to dig up Summer's real parents and they weren't Maggie and deadbeat Noah. And if they couldn't erase Maggie having given birth as a teen, they could've investigated and found the child had died shortly after birth. Then Summer is wiped away from Maggie's family tree.

If the writers want to "erase" Summer from Maggie's family tree, it would be as easy as applying some Wite Out.

Wite-Out_Quick_Dry.jpg

How about it, writers?

As for other characters:

Steve: Kayla is all wrong about him as a bartender. He likes to talk and with his life history, he'd be empathetic with his troubled customers. And people would pack TBD just to hear his stories. E.g., "Hey, Steve, tell us about the time you were in a mental hospital and you charged pizzas to a guard's credit card!" As for him taking "orders," "I'll have a scotch and soda" is a long way from "Hey, you, get your butt over here."

Jeannie T.: Now that she's been hit on the head, does she now have psychic powers?

Fynn: Why was he in the minipark? Was he going home after a night of bar-hopping in which his pick-up line, "Hi, I'm a miracle dingo doctor," failed yet again?

Nicole: Mommy Nicole is really good with the new, talkative Parker. Her mothering skills far outshine those of Salem's self-proclaimed "best mother," Sami Brady.

Dario: He shouldn't be so skeptical of the idea that Nicole is waiting for the Love Doctor to return. In Salem, as all viewers know, the dead can come back to life at any moment. Just ask Andre.

I thought today's episode was boring. Hopefully things pick up after the Olympics.

Wait, we have one more week to go so hope things pick up before the Olympics.

I was surprised Victor admitted he was fault what happened years ago.

I'm glad Joey is talking to someone about what happened to Ava. I wonder
if we will see Joey talk to Marlena next week. It's been a long night already.

Should we be surprised Summer took Tate? Nah

Nice seeing Parker today.

I like Kayla and Steve, but lately they are annoying.

I agree with Kat. Kayla and Steve are getting to be annoying. Kayla, especially. I get that Steve has caused her a lot of grief in the past but I don't like the way she has acted--wishy washy, off and on--since he came back to Salem. I think she's got Fynn in her sights now and is using Steve's habits of taking off as an excuse. I can't stand watching one person pine after another, when the other is not into them. Right now there is too much of that going on in Salem. Steve is determined to win Kayla over, Dario is following Nicole around like a puppy dog, and Rafe, to some extent, seems more enamored with Hope than she is with him. I don't want it to happen, but I think Kayla will have an affair with Fynn before it's over.

I wonder if there has ever been a character so hard to get over as Daniel?? Much as I like Nicole, I finally had to fast forward part of her scene with Dario because she kept gushing over Daniel. I know in real life grief doesn't go away, and people do continue to think about their loved one a lot for a long time. But this is a soap. Nicole could miss him off screen, for the benefit of us all.

And back in the day.....Caroline & Maggie were married to their husbands for years and years, and did not carry on like this. Brady's fiancee was killed in that blast on their wedding day. Did he mourn more than a day?

If he did, then it was longer than ANYONE mourned the death of Stefano. Now I will say Eve really grieved for her daughter which was more than I can say Sami did for her son. Lucas did, but for Sami, just a day at a funeral.

So when I think back over the years, nope, can't say I have seen the lengthy mourning for anyone. Not even Zack.....or Grace. Or Tom or Alice. Initial grief, yes. But months later....cannot remember any.

At the risk of being banned from posting I will have to say, I preferred Nicole and Daniel to Rafe and Hope. I personally think her grief is normal. She has not had a break in the romance department, and she finally felt loved and accepted by Daniel. She appears to be working on remaining true to the good he saw in her. This more mature Nicole is an appealing character.

HOWEVER, the lack of mourning for Will by his mother is absolutely unconscionable. Is Sami supporting her grandchild with the money she stole? Lucas went through hell. He reacted normally. When my brother died suddenly at the age of 32, my mother told it felt like labor pains all over again. She wanted to apologize to everyone she knew who lost a child. My father died young and she never got over it. Having my brother die young made her look at that loss differently.

ALSO, the limited mourning of Bo - one half of one of the greatest super couples of the 80s and 90s - was a major insult.

Ken Corday better wake the heck up.

Back