Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 4, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 4th, 2014

It is the 4th of July in Salem, and some of the residents are going to the lake for a picnic. Of course, we see no lake, just a clearing in what looks like the park, but since it has a picnic table in the middle of it....guess that is enough. :)
Adrienne, looking fantastic, is at the club, yakking with Tad & Ben, thinking it a shame her son is making them work today. Talk of the picnic. Adrienne leaves and next shows up at Will & Sonny's apt. to see the baby, and say how sorry she is about the events of the wedding. Sonny wonders who she is and what she did with his mother, lol, but she says Will is family now, and SAmi is his mother, therefore family too. Hugs, etc. Adrieene is radiant in white capris, yellow top, hair looks gorgeous.
Over at the Horton house, Jen, who is wearing a voluminous mumu, with a halter top, is looking for JJ, who already left. She chats with Abby, wondering why she has not called Sami to see how she is doing, since she was maid of honor. Abby doesn't know why she was asked to fill that job, is not friends really with Sami, thinks the DiMeras deserve what they get.
Paige & JJ meet up, sit on a bench, talk about Theresa, Eve, Jen. He assures Paige he never had sex with Theresa, was mixed up with her for a while. Paige exclaims that Theresa is at least 10 years older than him. But she believes JJ. Along comes Eve, JJ takes off, but Eve seems rather understanding about Paige and this holiday, tells her to go to the lake, have fun, have a wonderful summer. They can talk later.
Theresa meets up with Anne at the Pub, lets her know her sis is in town, out to give Jennifer grief, which makes Anne happy. Gramma Caroline is at the bar, looking distressed, can't find her keys. Theresa sees they are right there on the counter, Caroline bemoans her forgetting she put them there when wiping it down. Theresa likes her just the way she is, then tells her Eve is in town. That does not set well with Caroline, who is glad Frankie is done with Eve, and assures a worried Theresa that she is no where near as bad as Eve, who takes the blue ribbon.
Eve runs into Daniel & Parker at the square, does some flirting with him, but learns he has just ended a relationship, won't start another, and never with a patient any more.
Back at his apartment, Abby shows up, trying to get him to go talk to her mom, who has a problem she knows her mom wants to talk about to him. Daniel opts out, has to go pick up Parker, tells Abby her mother knows where he is if she wants to talk about anything.
Theresa goes back to her apartment, Eve comes along, tells her she is suing Jen. That brightens Theresa's day, but Eve cannot say why yet. They sip wine, Theresa mentions Jen's boyfriend, Dr.Jonas, Eve is all ears. He just told her he ended a relationship. She wants to know every detail, Theresa should tell all.
Now.....if you are still awake....we can run down to that clearing by the lake, where Tad has brought a huge box of hot dog buns for the dog eating contest. Abe & Theo have arrived, Will & Sonny with adorable Ari in the cutest bathing suit. Red checked table cloths come out, food being put out. Adrienne explains Justin is in Dubai closing some deal, Abe is making a fire somewhere, the young guys, all in shorts, go to play baseball. Later, with them all shirtless, (Ben, Tad, Will, JJ, Sonny, Theo, some seeming to be wet, )all joking and teasing about the game. There is a running joke about some girl joining Tad, who he calls Jody, Joanne, then Jolene, maybe a couple more. Too funny. Abe has to leave work called, so takes Theo. Abby has arrived, pairs up with Ben., Paige has arrived and is with JJ, agreeing not to talk of their moms, etc.
Abe calls Jen, Theo lost his flag pin, she will look for it, Ben mentions they were playing baseball over there, nodding to the side, so she will look. She takes one step, looks under some flowers, then some shrub, and voila, finds the pin. And behind her, comes Daniel saying Happy 4th of July.
She is glad to see him, he notes he heard she needed to talk to someone about something, but she goes on about needing him in her life, that is the only thing. He gets a call from Maggie, needs to leave to pick up parker, and leaves.

Tad is not happy, thinks his girl stood him up. And then she walks in, Tad is so happy. She turns to the other guys, and introduces herself, "I'm Sarah". LOLOL. The guys all make these questioning looks, and smile. And then, Ben/Abby, Paige/JJ, Will/Sonny, Tad/Sarah, Adrienne/Ari, are all sitting on the table, it's bench, the ground, and watching fireworks, which we can hear.

I guess it was supposed to be dark, tho it did not seem so, to me. Really, Tad was a huge bright spot in the show today. As was Adrienne. Will confess, I almost dozed off a couple of times. LOL

It's a good thing that T decided not to enter the hot dog eating contest after all. If he had won, he'd have been disappointed to find that his accomplishment had been pushed off the front page of the Salem Chronicle (what happened to Jack's Spectator?) by the truly BIG news of the day: the Love Doctor has decided to swear off personal relationships with his patients. Tough luck about that, Eve.

There were some cute and funny moments.

Jen had on another odd looking outfit.

Enjoyed Caroline and Theresa. Theresa had her "Brady" purse today.

Funny line Daniel said to Eve "I learned the hard way not to
get involved with patients"

Arianna was cute in her bathing suit. Great seeing Adrienne
today at the picnic.

Tad was funny not remembering the girl's name. She said
her name was Sarah and then called him "D"

Uneventful show. (Was thinking about the annual Bauer 4th of July barbecue on Guiding Light, remember that?)

Highlights were Tad and Arianna.

There was a movie called Black Snake Moan, and now Days has "Eve Is A Snake Moan." I HATE the moan that is played whenever Eve is on. Please, Powers That Be, cut out that sound. PLEASE.

I enjoyed the show okay. Nothing real interesting, but something to watch. I agree with others, the baby and T were the best. Adrienne looked pretty. Jennifer's dress was a curiosity.

I also agree about the dreadful music they play when Eve is on. But then, everything about Eve is annoying to me. She reminds me of an irritating mosquito or fly that hovers around, buzzing and whining, and needs to be swatted. I'm going to have to start muting or fast forwarding her scenes.

Okay, what the HELL was Jen wearing? To me it looked like a towel that someone thought would double as a dress :confused:

Now that that's out of the way, I enjoyed yesterday's show. It's always wonderful to see Adrienne though I wish she would have said something to Jen about being sorry about the Liam fiasco. I really hate how the repercussions of Liam's stalking Jen seemed to have gotten buried with him.

I'm glad JJ and Paige seem to be holding steady and even if the weird relationship between Eve and Jen and JJ and Theresa throw them off temporarily, JJ is not taking after his mother and breaking up 100 times. A couple that actually stays together and tries to work through things is a VERY welcome refreshment from what we've been seeing, in my opinion. It's also much better than last year's drama of Adrienne supposed to be babysitting an almost-18 JJ and him making an excuse to go sneak off and get into trouble.

T was too cute at the picnic! I was so sure that girl did not exist at all. :rotfl:

More Theresa with Caroline, less of her with Eve please. I don't see the point to Eve going to Theresa to get embellished and inaccurate info for her anti-Jen campaign. I like Eve's scenes with Paige though her interrupting Paige and JJ's conversation was extremely annoying. Anyway, when Theresa is with Caroline or Ciara, she's actually enjoyable to watch. If she HAS to stay in Anne's orbit, I think these scenes of them having lunch are far preferable to the Hospital Hijinks Hour. I was a bit surprised Caroline was so anti-Eve, though, considering Eve is technically family due to her relationship with Kim and Shane. Anyway, I still think Theresa is the worse sister considering she's mean for the sake of being mean while Eve at least has reasons for her behavior.

I wish Abby had told Daniel SOMETHING. I hate these vague conversations that go nowhere and end up just being a waste of time. I thought it was interesting that Daniel's flashbacks were about him and Jen actually TALKING while hers a few weeks back were all them having sex. Seems to me he's more serious about the relationship than she is and he should move on to someone who is worth it. Also if Jen wants him back in her life, telling him what's going on would be a step towards that because it would show she DOES trust him after all. What does she want him in her life for, if she doesn't want to actually share her life with him? :beat:

I'm glad Daniel's learned his lesson about getting involved with patients. :clap: Now let's have him and Nicole make up already before Eve becomes his new best friend for Jen to be jealous and suspicious of.

Fortunately, I haven't noticed the strange music played when Eve is on. I have a slight hearing problem, can't understand some things, certain tones, etc. I watch in CC with the sound on, but there must be one advantage to not hearing certain things, lol!

Back