Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 4, 2014

KT: You're really not missing much.

Heroic: The entire Liam storyline was a joke from Jennifer's perspective. Usually when something like that happens, it moves the story forward. In her case, she and Daniel got closer for a minute and then broke up again. Had they decided to immediately get married or at least get engaged, the storyline would have been more Intersting to me. Instead, we are back to the same make up/break up nonsense.

I enjoyed Adrienne too but I kept missing Justin and his shorts like he wore last year. Also, I think Hope, Aiden and the kids should have been there too.

Have to say, that for a "town picnic" there weren't many townspeople there. But I suppose others, if they were there, were with their own little groups. LOL
Give me the back yard big thing at the Brady house (Hope & Bo) any day. But I guess, since Bo is not there, Hope cannot cook, Jack is dead, Brady is drunk or high, Rafe working, Justin in Dubai, the only person left to BBQ might be Victor - maybe he would make Henderson do it. LOL. And of course there is Roman, but never have seen him do anything like that.

Heroic: The entire Liam storyline was a joke from Jennifer's perspective. Usually when something like that happens, it moves the story forward. In her case, she and Daniel got closer for a minute and then broke up again. Had they decided to immediately get married or at least get engaged, the storyline would have been more Intersting to me. Instead, we are back to the same make up/break up nonsense.

I agree. I liked it that Jen knew something was off when she found the pill bottle at Daniel's. That should have been the END of her not trusting him. The Liam storyline would have been well done had it had a purpose other than for Daniel to find the shredded papers and create contrived angst for his friendship with Nicole as well as his relationship with Jen.

After seeing Eve's return, it would have been so easy to make the conflict less contrived if they wanted Daniel and Jen to have a conflict over this. Had they bothered to use Jen's history prior to Eve's suddenly showing up in Salem, it could have been made clear that Jen was reacting to what had happened between Eve and Jack and that it really had nothing to do with Nicole and Daniel at all. Even though it still would have been irritating, at least it would have made some sort of sense. (Similarly, when JJ was acting out last year, some references to Jen's own wild teenage years would have made her more sympathetic.)

I enjoyed Adrienne too but I kept missing Justin and his shorts like he wore last year. Also, I think Hope, Aiden and the kids should have been there too.

YES! I am really annoyed that Justin is being given excuses for not being in town all the time. I know DAYS is sharing Wally Kurth (Justin) with General Hospital, but Justin always seems to be absent for reasons that don't make sense. He should have been part of the Nick murder storyline, been supporting Will and Sonny, had a reaction to EJ's arrest and been at the picnic.

I thought it was interesting that Daniel's flashbacks were about him and Jen actually TALKING while hers a few weeks back were all them having sex
:clap: I actually like Daniel when he and Jen are broken up, and I actually feel sorry for him/empathise with his character during these times...but I hate Jen more!! LOL, you nailed the reason!

Wally Kurth just mentioned on twitter (on Thursday) that he hasn't been on Days yet, again - so Justin will be in Dubai, Europe, Boston, wherever - for quite a while. :(

Maybe it's a style comeback, lol. Too bad I don't have any of those old clothes, not that I could fit in them now anyway, lol. I'd rather go for the 1920s look, I've been there/done that in the 60s and 70s!

Wally Kurth is on recurring, and can work anywhere he chooses to. And he chose to go work on another soap for a while, as Days could not seem to find anything for him to do. Why isn't Justin and Aiden in the same law office?

Ironically, Justin and Aiden are supposed to be in the same office. Justin sent Aiden to represent JJ when he was being sentenced, right after Aiden and Hope first met.

Did you all see Ben without his shirt?!?! Holy cow.

I hated Jennifer in that dress, and I've seen her in that thing or something similar before and I still hate it. That style doesn't work for her, especially because it billows out so much. It needed to be less billowy, and on someone taller than she.

You know, I hate it when they ruin a perfectly good episode with a foreboding statement. Adrienne telling us that it's going to be a good summer ensures that it will be anything but in Salem.

Back