Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 10, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 10, 2016

An episode full of flashbacks. Aiden meets up with Kate, giving her all the forged paperwork to "prove" she & Deimos were married. She gives him the suitcase full of money, bills not in sequence, blah, blah. He says this is one time thing, and no telling anyone. She claims she has more to lose than he does, not to worry. They part. Aiden goes to the hospital, telling Chase (who doesn't say a word)that he checked into Shady Hills, nice place, they are caring, have a bed open, he just has to get Judge's o.k. He will get better there, be the Chase he used to be, and don't worry about the expense, he has it covered.

Kate comes into the cop shop, wanting to know if they found Deimos' body. Nope, dragged quite a distance, she says then expand the distance. She is all indignant, Roman cannot keep from grinning, more or less telling her to shut up, (in nicer words) & saying he would like to see the marriage certificate, proof, witnesses, etc., as she rants about her dead husband. She says she will give it to him in the a.m., but Roman thinks they should go to the mansion right now.

In various scenes, we see the shot of Deimos, washed up on shore, one leg still in the water, his body looking more like the creature from the Black Lagoon, I swear.

Nicole sits in the bar, downing mimosas, Dario arrives, she rants and raves to him all that has happened, being blamed for murder, the fight with Deimos, etc. Kate recording the fight, but not her leaving. He thinks there is no body, no case, she is filled with what ifs. Both wonder why Kate is so hell bent on framing Nicole for the murder.

Rafe runs into Aiden in the square, did not know Hope left town for a few days, Aiden is only too happy to be telling him, since Aiden knows and Rafe doesn't. Rafe figures that Hope is trying to sort things out, tells Aiden if he ever finds out Aiden has hurt Hope in any way, he will come after him.

At the cop shop, Hope is calling Ciara, wants to talk to her. Ciara is just going with Chad & Thomas to pediatrician appt., will call when she gets back. Roman walks in, is surprised to see Hope back early, then Rafe comes in, also surprised to see her. She mentions having gone to Smith Island, yes, she did not have to stay long, let's go for a walk. In the park, she has told him all about her dream, Rafe figures she has decided togo with Aiden. She talks of the good friend Rafe is, always had her back, was her rock. He replies he would do it all again, but gets it. About Aiden. She says they were in love, she has to see what is going on, give it a chance, see where it will go. Rafe understands.

Next she is with Ciara, tells her the whole dream thing, but telling her she would never hurt her, and if this doesn't go over with Ciara, that will be it. Ciara tells her she wants her to be happy, that she has been talking about this with marlena, she knows Aiden is not responsible for what Chase did. Yes she would prefer this was Rafe that her mom decided upon, but heck. She wants Aiden, go for it.

Nicole goes to the place where she & Deimos argued. Flashbacks. She wonders what happened after she left. Dario shows up, has brought an umbrella, gonna rain. She is grateful, but wants to be alone for a bit. He leaves, she has the umbrella up, it is raining, as she stands and looks around.

Not raining where Hope is now meeting with Aiden, telling him she is willing to give them a chance. Awkward smiles, we will see how it goes.

Roman & Kate arrive at the mansion, she claims to be looking for a key to the desk, will be right back. She has the key in her purse, opens the desk, then pulls the envelope out of her purse putting it in the drawer. Roman comes in.asking what she is doing. He starts talking about Maggie, Victor & how she married the man who crippled Maggie, bankrupted Victor, & now Kate claiming all this. She pulls out the envelope, he looks over the various documents. She begins ranting about the police not doing all they could, Roman explains again what they have done, she talks of hiring a private eye, Roman warns her to let the police handle it. She says but they are not. Roman comments that this whole thing is really very bizarre, & just may end very ugly for someone, and that someone just may be you. Have a nice day, Kate.

Over at the place where Deimos washed up, his eyelids flicker, finally open wide. He groans, pulls himself up out of the water, his side hurts, he holds it, as he stumbles thru the brush. We finally see him breathing heavy, stumbling to what looks like an outside phone, but he just keeps holding his side. Seems to be a garage of some kind. A man comes, asks what happened to him. Deimos gasps he had a fall, is o.k. The guy wants to call 911, but Deimos begs him not to. He is fine, will be fine, just has to make a call. Can I borrow your phone. The guy hands it over, Deimos calls someone, says this is Robert, I need your help.

Later, Deimos is sitting out side, amid some tires...He recalls all that happened in that clearing.- his conversation and altercation with Nicole, then his conversation with Kate, & her pushing him, he hits his head, is rather hazy, holding his bleeding head, and falls into the river. We hear brakes on a car, then a car door.

Chloe rushes up to him, helps him up, take it easy, just a few steps, take it easy.

Thank you, Poirot. Reception was squiffy at my house again.

Aiden and Kate need to just be gone. Someone please give Roman and Rafe use of the Salem brain so they can catch these two. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to see this story dragged out all summer.

Hope is still a nitwit despite the dream.

Wait---when Hope was taking to Rafe, didn't she say about Aiden - "I loved him, I MARRIED him, I hated him" (or did I mishear)? So which is it?

Either she believed Aiden's lie (one of many) that he was kidnapped weeks before the wedding (ergo, his association with Stefano would mean she was raped by his double on their wedding night - which she has never brought up) OR

She knows they weren't married and is just playing Aiden. Don't get why Rafe didn't call her on it since I believe he's aware of Aiden's statement about when he was kidnapped. He should have reminded her that if Aiden was telling the truth, she was married to Aiden's double who raped her before being killed by Bo.

Whether she believes him or not, she should call him on his claim and ask him how he feels about causing her to be raped. I can't believe this hasn't been addressed by the writers.

AND - what kind of man would let someone he loves think that his actions caused such a terrible event?

Something in Hope's expression when she was talking to Aiden at the end, just didn't fit right. I'm holding out a little, very little but a little, hope that she is tricking him and is supisous of him.
If Hope isn't still suspicious of the Salem shyster, the power of cathartic dreams is overrated. Hope has an extended session with Dream Bo and Dream Zack and then decides to go back to a lying purveyor of forged documents? There's something basically wrong with this. As the Tommy Lee Jones character said about the one-armed man in The Fugitive, "Cosmo, this guy's dirty." Over at the K-mansion, Kate is truly calling on experience gained in a lifetime of lying and dirty dealing, dishing out a torrent of whoppers to poor Roman and flaunting her shabby forged marriage certificate. And if Deimos is restored to a semblance of health by Chloe, he'd better be very careful. At this point, Kate seems to have little choice but to kill him for real. As for Nicole, let's hope she doesn't do something stupid that will make things worse for herself.

Last edited:
At the end of Wednesday's show we saw Hope leave the Horton cabin and ready to face the world and her considerable amount of problems with her head high.

Our reaction: "Yes it looks the Hope we know and love is finally back and ready to take control of her life!" "She is woman hear her roar!"

At the end of today's show she says "Aiden I want to give us another chance."

Our reaction: Wah, wah.

There was a time when I was pulling for Hope and Aiden but I also don't mind Hope and Rafe so I would have been fine whomever chose. Except I feel like choosing either one of those guys at this point in her life undermines the epiphany we thought she had made. I think it would have been better if she had chosen to go it alone for a while. To focus on her daughter and herself not on either guy. Of course if she had that route we have have sat through how many more months of both Aiden and Rafe tripping over each other trying to prove to Hope that she "didn't have to go it alone." So maybe it's better that she's made (what seems to be) a definitive choice. It still feels kind of anticlimatic in my oh so very humble opinion.

Facebook post from Kate to Deimos (once she finds out he's alive): Deimos? My darling, you're alive?! Here's a nice batch of home-baked brownies, just for you. Kisses!
It would make for an interesting scene if Deimos proved as resistant to poison as the infamous Rasputin, the Russian mystical faith healer. If so, Kate would have to serve poisoned tea and poisoned wine along with her toxic brownies and then have to shoot Deimos before dumping him back in the Salem River.

Rasputin.jpg

Rasputin: Hang in there, Deimos. You can do it.

Boring show today. Sad because Roman and Kate actually still have great chemistry and he is one of the few people I can tolerate her in scenes with yet with all these lies, it's hard to believe they can rekindle anything. Kate just needs to go.

I don't care about Nicole and Dario. Maybe I could care about Nicole and Rafe.

I don't like jealous Rafe at all. Not very becoming on him. Even with EJ, he was more confident when he went up against him. I much prefer Detective Rafe and Brother/Son/Friend Rafe.

Chloe and Deimos: Random but at least she was in pants for the dark alley and not one of those short, tight dresses she normally wears.

I too think Hope is changing her tune a bit too suddenly however, if this is a ruse, why not let Rafe in on it? Is it because she doesn't trust him to leave her alone to handle this? If so, then I could see that causing them more problems later on. Ciara gave in to Hope a bit too easily as well.

Speaking of Hope, I would have preferred to have seen Shawn and Belle eating soup and watching Netflix today instead of Hope dealing with Rafe and Aiden for the millionth time. These scenes need to be cut down to once a week so other characters can air. Paging Jennifer Rose.

Except I feel like choosing either one of those guys at this point in her life undermines the epiphany we thought she had made. I think it would have been better if she had chosen to go it alone for a while. To focus on her daughter and herself not on either guy.

:clap::clap::clap:

This is exactly how I feel about Hope choosing either guy at this point. After witnessing her scenes with Bo on Wednesday, she still has not moved on from him. Now, I do not want Hope wailing and mourning Bo like Nicole and Maggie have done for Daniel, but I don't feel she is ready to make a choice between Rafe and Aiden at this point.

So far, I like Dario's scenes with Nicole the best. He annoys me when he's with his family acting all know it all and high and mighty towwards Eduardo, and I do not like him working with Summer (and don't remind me of that scene earlier this week :sick:), but he and Nicole are great as friends. I'm not sure at this point though if I want it to be more than that.

Did Deimos tell Chloe he was injured when he called her? When she arrived, she just jumped right in there to help him to her car. I would have thought she would have reacted a lot like the mechanic did when he first saw Deimos.

Kate, Baby No Name Reed needs grandma. Please go visit Carrie and Austin and stay gone.

I'm right with you on Nicole and Dario Jen67. I also like Dario with Nicole I was thinking I was the only one. I'm waiting to see him more family scenes where he's not attacking or badmouthing Eduardo before deciding how I feel about him in the Hernandez family unit.

But Summer and Dario? Summer and Dario... Summer and Dario... Nope it's not ringing a bell. Are you sure you're not thinking of some other show? LOL

Something in Hope's expression when she was talking to Aiden at the end, just didn't fit right. I'm holding out a little, very little but a little, hope that she is tricking him and is supisous of him.
I really don't like Hope with Aiden. Wish he had stayed in the cell.

So Deimos isn't "Bryce" as some speculated, he's "Robert". Ahh, Chloe what are you getting yourself into? I hope you will remain a friend to Nicole, she needs one.
And who is Robert?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Hope's dream would wake her up that Ciara needs her more than
she needs a man. I guess not. I hope she and Aiden take things slow. And
if Chase goes to a mental hospital and not back to jail, how will she feel than?

Where did Kate the cash to pay off Aiden? Probably not from a bank. Banks
keep track of everything these days.

Did Kate think she could pull the wool over Roman's eyes? He knows there is
something fish going on especially with those documents.

The best part was Chloe at the end with Deimos. I'm sure a lot of viewers
were scratching their heads.

I am happy Hope is giving Aiden another chance but I'm not being too hopeful. They have ruined Aiden a little more since bringing him back so he's not really a good guy. It's a shame. I like the actor and I liked Hope and Aiden together. Glad she is done with Rafe. He can move on with his mama's friend.

Kate, she really is a piece of work isn't she? She cares about no one but herself. Poisoning Maggie,, that was just fine. She just keeps getting more and more dreadful. And is the ring she's wearing the one Deimos had that he was gonna give Nicole? And wouldn't Nicole realize that? Or did Kate buy herself a ring? I missed that part.

Deimos and Chloe. Not what I expected. I thought she'd happen upon this stranger that was hurt. But Robert? Who the heck is Robert? What is going on with these 2? Guess I'm glad it's not what I thought so it's a surprise and interesting. And I am very, very happy that he remembers everything! I was so afraid he'd have the soap opera amnesia and Kate would convince him they really are married.

I finally have to say it's official--I really can't stand Aiden. He should go find that elephant girl (I can't think of her name). They would be a good match.

I doubt Hope would be much help to Ciara, even if she could get her attention off her own relationships with men for a while. I think Ciara is probably close to be obsessed with a desire for Chad and is living in her own fantasy world. That's why she isn't terribly interested in or upset by the fact that Hope wants to give it a try with Aiden.

Back