Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 12, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 12, 2015

Paige is in the Club, erasing contacts from her phone, some creep comes along, trying to pick her up. Offers to buy a drink, she lets him know she is not old enough, and ends up telling him to get lost. Rory has overheard some, comes over, telling her she really did that well. They talk a bit, she ends up telling Rory to go tell everyone he meets about JJ "doing her mom" as he had put it. She is being serious, not sarcastic.

Eve sits in the park, remembering how when she first came to Salem, Frankie told her Jen had broken their engagement as she was worried she might become ill like her mother. She is trying to find out more about Laura's breakdown, but is not too successful. Along comes angry Paige, which delights Eve at first, but Paige keeps her distance, and makes Eve do the same. She got the check for the tuition for Stanford, but as she told before, doesn't want anything from her, and rips it up. Eve is appauled, how will she pay for it, but Paige doesn't know, doesn't care, maybe she won't go. Eve protests how she fought Jen to get that, but Paige disagrees. She went after Jen because she wanted to "get" her, not for Paige. She snarls about how Eve slept with her boyfriend, knowing she loved him, and is going to block her from her phone, actually wants to give it back. But can't find it. She stalks off, telling Eve to never try to contact her. Eve mutters this is all Jennifer's fault, she is going to pay.

JJ answers the door, to find the ever sarcastic Theresa, who at first claims to be looking for Paige, but then starts throwing digs at JJ, she knows all about the sack time between him and her sister. She says he must not be over her, since first it was her, then her niece, and then her sister. He tries to get her to leave, but she is enjoying it all too much, and mentions how she has now the only thing she ever wanted....her baby. Chatter between them about taking care of a baby full time, the problems, which JJ doesn't think she can handle. She finally leaves.
Jen comes home, they talk all about the situation, each blaming themselves, but JJ insists that no one is to blame but himself. Jen feels she steered him wrong, but he knows he did it all himself. It is over between him & Paige, not even Daniel would try to help him with Paige, and he was right. He goes out.

Eve sees Jen in the square, and of course, has to give her a hard time. She twists the knife a bit as she goes on about how JJ may have known it wasn't right, but kept coming back for more, insinuating that he just may do so again. Jen warns her to stay away from her son, who hates her, and if she tries anything, Jen will destroy her. Eve smirks.

JJ is in the club, talking to Rory, who tells him how tough Paige has become, and of their conversation where paige wants him to tell the world about Eve & JJ, but Rory is not going to do that. Paige comes in, sits at the bar, the creep from earlier comes over with her phone, asking if she is looking for this. She grabs it, telling him again to get lost. JJ comes over, tells the guy to back off, get away, he does. Paige thanks him, JJ says it was o.k. She goes on about what a creep, probably as old as my father. Can you imagine how disgusting it would be for me and someone as old as a parent. She pushes past him and leaves.

Abby waits in the garden for Chad, Ben calls, wants to meet up with her. She has something to do first, will see him later at the Pub. He says he loves her, she loves him, too, turns, sees Chad. She has to go, hangs up. Ben calls his dad, asks him about that ap that can be put on Abby's phone. He feels she is upset, but he doesn't know what is going on.

Chad asks Abby what she wants, and really proceeds to get pretty nasty. He is sorry to keep her waiting, figured she would make herself comfortable out here, just like she did yesterday. He says a lot of things, but mostly that he came back from Salem with just one goal, to get her back into bed with him.He knew she still wanted him, despite the affair with EJ, she kept coming over, using any excuse, even offering sympathy for the death of his sister, who she hated. He has insinuated she came over for more of the same as last night, the table, the grass, the lounge chair, his bed. She ends up slapping him, why is he so cruel. Because I am a DiMera, it is how we are, in our DNA. She leaves.

Stefano comes out, roaring at Chad, what has he done? How could he be so insulting to Ms. Deveraux. Chad tells him his private life is none of Stefano's business, why should he care. Then goes on how yes, he knows, he is Stefano's last surviving child, and Stef wants him to be happy. Well, I am happy. Chad leaves, Stefano is furious.

Brady is at the hospital with a woman, Theresa should be there soon, he wants nothing to go wrong. Theresa arrives, the doctor tells them baby is fine, they will be able to take him home tomorrow. He leaves, Brady brings the woman forward, a notary. Theresa isn't going to do anything without her lawyer. Not to worry, we can talk custody, living arrangements, all that stuff tomorrow, and yes, with your lawyer present. For now, Aiden has drawn up a simple agreement, that neither of us will leave Salem for one year. Brady figures with Melanie gone, no problem for Theresa. She calls her attorney, then signs. The notary leaves, Theresa starts yakking about new beginnings for them, get to know each other better. But Brady tells her that he tired of her lying, manipulating and interfering in his life. And it is going to end.

Chad goes into the study, sad faced, drops to his knees, saying I do love you, Abby. Always have, never stopped. He bows his head.

Great summary as always, Poirot! Thank you!

Nothing better than a Rory day! :love: I loved it when he told JJ how 'scary' Paige is when she's angry.

Loved Chad telling Abigail what he thought of her today...even though it tears my heart out that he obviously does love her. And what the heck, was Stefano hiding in the bushes???

Stefano wants Chad with Abby for some reason or other, that "want you to be happy" is baloney, and Chad knows it. So, the only way Chad could protect Abby was by driving her away, making sure she would not seek him out, thus thwarting whatever it is about her that interests Stefano.
Chad is very wise. He does not trust his father, and it broke his heart to have to hurt her the way he did.

Nothing better than a Rory day! :love: I loved it when he told JJ how 'scary' Paige is when she's angry.
Thank God for Rory -- he's one person who's always cheerful and won't wallow in the Salem gutter. Elsewhere, people were exhibiting their typical family traits. Vengeful Paige, gratuitously vicious Jeannie T., and crazy Eve were all displaying the Donovan family nastiness gene, Ben was engaging in Weston family sneakiness, and Chad was displaying a common trait among Stefano's children -- the occasional urge to defy Fatha. Finally, kudos to Pam the notary, one person in Salem who can perform her job in a professional manner.

It really is a shame that Ben could not resist the temptation to spy on Abby. Clyde has been very busy planting doubt in Ben's mind, and even though Ben knows the man his father has proved to be, he could not just let it all go. A shame.

As much as I enjoyed Billy Flynn's (Chad) performance today I'm a bit confused as to his actual motivation. Did he push Abby away because he heard her tell Ben she loved him or did he do it to protect her from Stefano? Maybe this is a case where it's a bit from column A and little from column B? I found it a little ambiguous; and that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as we're supposed to feel that way and it's not just a weakness of the writing. I will say when I heard this was going to happen I expected to go back to hating Chad full throttle again like I have at times and the good news is that didn't happen.

I feel like it's a little of both, and then some. Chad never stopped loving Abby, yet she hopped in the sack with his brother and he had to find out in the funny paper Will wrote. Yet he knows that Stefano is up to something, and his love for her makes him protective. Yet he really can't stand the idea of her with Ben or anyone else. It's complicated, and Billy Flynn is carrying it off beautifully.

Actually, while Chad may not want Abby to be with Ben, Stefano made him very leery when he returned to Salem, asked all about Abby, etc. If Harold is spying on Chad & Abby for Stefano, telling him who was here, who left the house when......then Chad went right into protective mode. He has seen what Stefano did to Kate, how Sami fared, has heard about Marlena..... he is going to keep Abby away from the house, from Stefano, and if it means that he has to keep her at arms' length, so be it.

ROREEEEEEEEEY! Oh Rory, you make every episode better. Rory’s hot for Paige's *bleep*-face. Is Rory 21 now? He had a beer and I thought they'd know him well enough at TBD not to serve him if he wasn't. Don't know about the US but there's big fines here for serving minors. Not that teens under 18 don't drink, but they mostly do it at house parties, not clubs/bars/pubs.

How does Eve not know this about Laura already? Laura's been on and off crazy for a million years. Is she just doing this to fill in audience members who don’t know? Can I just say I hate how everyone reads everything on the communal Salem iPad and talks to themselves instead of TALKING TO EACH OTHER. Couldn’t Eve have a conversation with someone and have it come up? Paige honey, if you don’t want to talk to your mother then DON’T TALK TO HER. Just walk away! NO PAIGE NO TAKE THE MONEY AND GO TO STANFORD. Don’t wreck your future just to stick it to your mother. Take the money and RUN.

Anvils Jennifer, anvils! JJ/Eve part whatever appears to be on the cards it seems. Its like the first rule of soaps, if you use the words “Never happen again” or “Forever” its like a guarantee that something will happen/end.

JJ’s honesty hour is a refreshing change.

Oh Theresa, I’ve been waiting for this and you are delivering. Never mind, they’ve degraded down to bickering about Tate. Oh is that an anvil? “What’s it like having a babydaddy who hates you?” Better not cast stones in your pretty glass house JJ, you aren’t out of the woods yet. Theresa’s bounced back and ends the visit on a high note.

Brady why do you have no brain? Theresa’s never going to take well to being pushed around. 18 years, 18 years, she got one of your kids, got you for 18 years. Oh look, it’s a doctor who isn’t Dan!

Abby’s going to slap Chad…. He’s being such a jerk. Oh he said the s word! And whack! He deserved it really. Stefano, go away, you are being creepy! Emma stopped her screaming tantrum to watch Stefano and Chad hash it out, the old man’s still able to command attention even from stroppy toddlers.

Day 5 of Ben in the Brady Booth thinking about Abby. Where’s Clyde? Right, looks like Ben got the brain today. Upgrade, now he’s talking TO Abby in the Brady Booth. JOEY! He’s been drinking Miracle Gro in the kitchen with Caroline! Um, Ben, I get an email from iTunes when an app gets installed on my phone, you better not forget to hack into her emails and delete it. Add Caroline to the list of people who have given their blessing to St Ben of the Fists.

I enjoyed today's episode. Didn't feel the need to fast forward anyone which was a nice change. Probably because Dan wasn't on!

I don't think Chad deserved to be slapped, he was correct calling Abby a name. A woman who is in a relationship, has sex with you, and comes back to your house later, is on the phone with her boyfriend telling him she loves him, sure fits that name in my book. Abby has been sniffing around Chad, trying to get him to come on to her, since the day he got back to town. Not saying he is any better for having sex with a woman he knows is in a relationship.

Back