Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 16, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 16, 2017

Abby is packing for her trip to Dominican Republic, Dario invites himself along, doesn't want her to be alone, she asks about him leaving the country, would it not create problems. He talks of quickie marriage while there. She doesn't say anything, but doesn't seem receptive to the idea. Jen arrives, Dario leaves, they talk of no news about the plane, worrying about JJ and Chad, & Abby rushing into this divorce. Abby asks Jen to watch Thomas for a few day, Jen agrees, tho Julie will be watching him tonight.

Earlier, Jen bumped into Hope, quick hugs, no new on plane, Hope will let her know right away. Hope takes off, now Jen bumps into Eric. He is sympathetic about JJ, doesn't want her being alone right now, how about he buys her dinner, they will meet later at Club TBD.

Meanwhile, Hope has come into the club, spots Myron, again questions him, this time about who hired him, brought him into the Club. Eduardo is not there, Was it Dario? Myron clams up, abruptly leaves. Next Hope runs into Dario, asks him a few questions, he evades. She warns him that with the plane still missing, & his impending marriage to Abby. she doesn't want to give Dario's brother anything more to worry about, so whatever Dario is doing that might be illegal, he better clean it all up and fast.

Later, Dario & Myron meet up, Dario not worried about Hope sniffing around, Myron wants to back off the hacking for a bit, Dario says no, too easy and big money maker for him.

He goes back to see Abby, but evidently she has changed her mind, she is not going to the Dominican Republic, no quickie divorce, she cannot push the divorce or get married without seeing Chad first.

Holly is crying constantly, Chloe unable to soothe her, as Nancy pleads and argues with Chloe about giving Holly to Nicole. Holly obviously misses her, was attached to her, etc. But Chloe is adamant, no Holly is just fussy, as babies do get. They go back and forth quite a bit, Chloe won't budge, Nancy points out Holly is Nicole's baby, no, Chloe insists she gave birth, Holly is hers. Nancy earnestly points out Holly is the bio child of Nicole and Daniel, & Nicole will not give up trying to get her back. Nancy will be returning to NY, Chloe won't have any more support system, & once Nicole learns of Chloe's job now, she will really be wanting Holly back.

Big, strong Brady is out of the hospital, with Nicole at the Kmansion, wants them to get a place of their own, will start looking tomorrow, meanwhile Nicole can move in the Kmansion temporarily. He doesn't want her living back in Daniel's apt., no way. They exchange I love you, kissing, never wanting to be apart from each other, & more. Eric arrives, Nicole frowns. He learned Brady was discharged, just came to see how he was doing. Nik thanks him for saving her & Holly, bringing them back, but understand this, she will never forgive him. Brady is looking uncomfortable, Eric says it is o.k., leaves. Nicole goes on about how she is grateful and thanked Eric for saving them, but there are just some things that cannot be forgiven, they are too big. She leaves the room. Brady gets a call, is not too happy at what he is hearing. Nicole returns, feeling better, but Brady has to lower the boom. Phone call was from the court officer with her community service assignment. Nicole jokes about picking trash from the streets, or meals for inmates at Statesville. Nope. Her hours are to be served at the Horton Center, under the supervision of Eric Brady.

Eric & Jen are at the club, exchanging niceties, but while Jen appreciates him not wanting her to be alone, it is what she needs, so perhaps they can do this another time. Eric is understanding. She leaves.

And over on that dumb island, Chad & Gabi chatter away about their lives, how they could be on this island the rest of their lives. They gab about shooting off the last flare, which they end up doing, and then are kissing away, removing each other's tops, are down on the ground, which seems to conveniently have a sheet, and are in a heavy duty make out session. Where, thankfully, the credits appear.

How did you stay awake to type this?

03_trott.png

Gotta tell ya, was truly hard, but I was distracted as during commercials I had to look around for something I have misplaced, had in my hands this a.m., and no idea where I set it down which I must have done, before I left for town this a.m. LOL.

Definitely snoozeville today. Rinse, repeat with the conversations. LOL

Only good thing is Nancy. I do so enjoy the actress. But wow, what an amazing Friday show. It will really have me waiting till Monday to see Chad and Gabi, and Myron doing what it is that Myron does, and how will Dario get out of the country without a passport. Or back in. Oh, the tension.:sarcasm:

Thank you for the summary.

I have to admit that I fell asleep watching today. The lawn guy started mowing to wake me up just in time for the nasty Chad and Gabi stuff. I know some people want them together, but they just turn my stomach.

Can Dario just be gone already!

Nicole never forgiving Eric has gotten really old.

Guess I forgot to add that when Dario returned to wherever Abby is, he said he talked to his lawyer, who said it would be a bad idea to leave the country right now. Abby replies she thought they already had agreed he should not leave the country.

I sure hope the new writers understand not a lot of us appear to be Chad & Gabi fans. Please end this absurd forced affair! It is an affair or did they really have sex? Sure hope not! I obviously speak for myself, but I'd really like Chad & Abby to work to make a good relationship again. Ahh - such a romantic!

Just a few comments on today's snoozer -- good grief, did it drag.

Crying Holly: Chloe should simply have told Nancy: "Of course she's crying. It's Doll-in-Blanket. She cries on cue."

Nancy as a voice of reason: Who'd expect this? Perhaps, it's proof that Victor could someday mellow or that EJ could really have changed.

Abigail's "divorce"; It's a good thing that Abigail gave up her idiotic plan to get a divorce in the Dominican Republic and marry Dario. She would have been getting an invalid "ex parte" divorce, which would not be recognized in the U.S. because neither she nor Chad is a resident of the D.R., and Chad was neither present at the proceedings nor did he have any notice of them. If she had then married Mr. Slimeball, she might have ended up in front of Judge Duncan charged with bigamy. Who knows, maybe the judge would have thrown the book at her because unlike kidnappers, she hates bigamists.

Nicole's Community Service: Has anyone asked the hapless Eric if he even wants Nicole at the Horton Center? Now he'll be stuck working with a woman who despises him and might be giving dirty looks all day every day. What was wrong with Nicole sweeping up the Town Square like JJ or wielding a broom on the docks like Max?

I hope Abigail comes to her senses but will it be too late? Will there be a future Doll in Blanket (from Doom Island) or will Chad and Gabi get interrupted. Gah - I didn't even think of it until one of the posters here suggested it. In true soap opera style I bet it happens.:rolleyes::angry:

Did I miss something? Did the 7 folks on the island come to an agreement about firing off the last flare? Or did Chad make a unilateral decision? In some "communities" that could result in serious consequences.
I noted this as well. Shouldn't Chad have at least waited until an airplane was in sight or he saw a ship on the horizon. (The island goat must have been appalled.) Didn't these writers watch the adrift Robert Redford shoot off his flares in the 2013 film All Is Lost? The throwaway Chad scene just served to make a silly storyline even sillier. On another note, Abigail did deliver a professional Deveraux-style rant today -- getting all red in the face. Even an experienced, professional ranter like Jenny couldn't have done any better.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing up this summary, Poirot. I don't think I can stay awake to watch this tonight. Maybe over the weekend, although I'm glad to know about Chad and Gabi so I can fast forward them. Regardless of whether Chad and Abigail ever get back together, I still don't want to watch Chad and Gabi. I don't see anything resembling love between them.

Back