Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 17 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 17, 2016

Brady is looking at sketches, Theresa is napping. He leaves, kisses Theresa on the forehead. She launches into a long, long dream sequence (black & white) in which Brady is in a tux, she is in a robe, it is their wedding day, Anne is shooing him out, but not before he gifts Jeannie T. with a very expensive, rare blue emerald (?) pendant. He is out the door, Anne is helping get the pendant on, but the clasp breaks, Theresa figure it is a bad luck sign, Anne says put it inside your bra. They rush to begin to get Theresa dressed, Anne trips, falls, is injured. EMT's are wheeling Anne out, Jeannie T shows up in wedding dress, no, not going to hospital, Anne will understand. She is applying lipstick, admiring herself in mirror, Victor comes in, and suddenly her dress is gone, she is in her underthings, grabs a blanket, covers herself, as Victor makes his usual nasty insulting remarks. She mentions her wedding, he says Brady would never marry her, came to his senses, & there is Summer in gown & veil, bouquet in hand, all set to walk down the aisle. Theresa says Vic hates her, but not any more, she was nice to Victor, just was her real self, so though he may not think she is the best, she comes from good stock.They leave, Theresa is running after them, comes back in the apt., Brady is there, no he isn't marrying her, would not, she is delusional, and out he goes. Jeannie T wakes with a start.

Victor meets up with Justin, who is upset over what he did for Uncle Vic, destroyed that evidence, now with Deimos dead, pointless, and he may go to jail if they find out. Vic claims he will protect him, won't allow him to be touched. Vic figures Deimos is gone, the body will show up eventually, and he is going to get back what is his. Brady shows up, they all argue about Nicole's innocence, advise Vic to retire, why does he always have to "win". Victor doesn't know anything else except to win. He leaves. Brady & Justin chat a bit, both don't think Nicole is guilty of pushing Deimos into the river, , Brady wants Justin to protect her. Roman arrives, Brady leaves, Roman talks of the evidence disappearing on Jimmy someone, and they had to let the crook go. He will find out who is responsible, and give Justin the pleasure of sending the culprit away for a long, long time.

Summer meets up with Maggie, zzzzzz, is glad Maggie is not mad at her for moving out, but she knows Victor did not like it. They chat a tiny bit, Summer mentions Brady, how Theresa thinks she had her eye on Brady, and how she did have feeling for him, told him, he said he loves Theresa. She laments how Brady told her he followed his heart to the coast, found her, rescued her, brought her back to his town, found her mother, asked her to move in with them......They talk of moving on, finding love, or just letting love find you. Vic arrives, does a bit of his snark, Summer leaves, Maggie scolds him. Why is he so rude and disrespectful, she is never that way with his children. She tells him there is no yours, mine, we are all a family. She remarks how much he has changed, how he has pushed away Justin, Brady, and herself as well.....all the lies and secrets. He finally admits to her that he told Kate she could have the money, if she gave him back Titan.

Chad rushes up to the nurse's desk at the hospital, wanting to know about his wife, she mentions a fire, rushes off. Marlena has comes in, the nurse returns briefly, takes off again, Dr. Robinson shows up, barely can mention Abby being injured, has to rush away. Chad is frantic, Marlena is unable to get any info....Dr. Robinson comes back, Chad is really upset, takes him to see Abby. She was burned on about 10% of her body, arms & legs, but they enter the room, Abby has her face either bandaged partially or it is covered with heavy cream. Her eyes, nose and mouth are all that is visible. Chad starts to cry in the door way, Marlena tries to hold on to him. Abby opens her eyes, calls to him, he comes over bedside. She is begging him to get her out of there, take her out of there. she cannot stay there. WE see that she is seeing Ben standing there, Chad is saying he will keep her safe, no one will harm her, she says Ben is there, and of course Chad & Marlena see nothing. Then Ben is gone, she is scared. The nurse comes in, Dr. Robinson as well, they shag Chad & Marlena out.

Dr. Robinson changes meds for Abby, Chad is having a fit as Abby was supposed to be getting better, she is worse. Dr. Robinson has other patients, Marlena offers to help, everyone upset about the fire, which was a flash fire, an accelerant was used. Marlena takes off, Shawn arrives, working with the fire marshall, to investigate what happened.

At the cop shop, an officer shows Roman the hankie with blood on it, just found near the place where Deimos went into the river. Roman sends it to the lab, get it checked, maybe we are getting somewhere if it turn out to be Deimos's blood.

Summer has joined Justin at the club, they have coffee. She flirts a bit, Justin flirts back. In comes Adrienne, who asks to talk to Justin privately. She evidently was on a trip, it was good, now they have to talk. Summer leaves, Justin asks what she wants to talk about.

Brady comes home, Theresa is all over him, telling him she doesn't want to wait any longer, wants to get married right away. He wonders what the heck.....but agrees, o.k. yep, we won't wait any longer.

Maggie takes in what Vic said about wanting Titan back. She notes a few weeks ago he wanted to leave Salem, give this all up, put it behind them. He retorts "that would not be so bad, would it"?

Chad is asking Shawn how the fire started. Shawn starts to reply, stops as Marlena comes up. She needs to talk to Chad. He tells her to wait a second, Shawn says they know how the fire started. Shawn is looking at Marlena, yes, we do. Chad looks at them, realizes what they are going to say, cries out, no, no, not Abby, she didn't start the fire, as he begins to cry.

I tuned most of this one out to be honest. Too much Jeannie T and too much Summer.

Kudos to Billy Flynn (Chad) for another amazing job today. Crying when he walked into Abby's room and then saying "Not my Abby" at the end. These 2 are very believable as a couple.

I also liked that Shawn was the detective on Abby's case and not Hope, Roman or Rafe. I like it when we see the Salem PD working on different cases simultaneously. I'm guessing Shawn's involvement may later tie into Ciara being Thomas' babysitter. One can hope. I also loved that Marlena was involved.

I still think Dr. Robinson is working for someone.

Line of the day goes to Victor. In Theresa's dream sequence he says to her when talking about Summer, "at least she will give me an heir that isn't named after a root vegetable". haha
Could it be that Dream Victor gets off better one-liners than the real thing?
I tuned most of this one out to be honest. Too much Jeannie T and too much Summer.... I also liked that Shawn was the detective on Abby's case and not Hope, Roman or Rafe. I like it when we see the Salem PD working on different cases simultaneously.
Agree. The only highlights of the longest dream in Salem history were the "root vegetable" quip and an appearance by Anne Milbauer. As for the psycho mermaid, she seemed to be everywhere today -- in the Jeannie T.-Brady apartment, the Town Square, and Belle's joint. Why can't she go to the one place that viewers would want to see her -- the Salem bus station with a one-way ticket to L.A. in her grubby little hands? As for the real, live Victor, he certainly was acting like a true Salemite, discussing his dirtiest doings in a public place with Brady and Justin (the two "cowards and losers"). Finally, where were Dario and Nicole? How could fearless leader Roman ("ooh, we've found a muddy handkerchief") be bustling about and not mention their arrest even once?

Chad and Abigail: As nice as it was to finally see Chad do something besides re-enact episodes of "The Babysitter's Club" with Ciara I'm kind of mixed on today's scenes. I have seen other people say and I'm inclined to agree- that it would have been better if they had ended this story with Abigail headed off to Shady Hills. Because since she had made the decision to go it could have ended on a triumphant note for her. But this is just repeating the same story beats and not really advancing anything. Plus its not fun to see poor Abigail so broken in my opinion.

However I will give kudos to Billy Flynn (Chad) for bringing it when it came to showing Chad's devastation at seeing his wife in such a state and again at the end when he realized how the fire started.

This is how I wish the conversation between Justin and Summer played out:

Justin: Come on Summer, you've got a lot going for you.

Summer: Like what?

Justin: Well let's see there's.... jumps up and runs out of the club from outside we hear a car engine come to life life and roar away.

I gotta hand it to Justin and Brady for their devotion to Victor although I don't understand why. I would think at some point they would get tired of it constantly being a one way street. Let's face it the old boy as much understanding of concepts like "unconditional love" and "loyality" as Kate has for the concept of a chastity belt.

OH SNAP! Not only did I go there but I bought property and built a house!!!

Chad and Abigail: As nice as it was to finally see Chad do something besides re-enact episodes of "The Babysitter's Club" with Ciara I'm kind of mixed on today's scenes. I have seen other people say and I'm inclined to agree- that it would have been better if they had ended this story with Abigail headed off to Shady Hills. Because since she had made the decision to go it could have ended on a triumphant note for her. But this is just repeating the same story beats and not really advancing anything. Plus its not fun to see poor Abigail so broken in my opinion.

Completely agree with you Troy. Plus the story has become disjointed. We haven't seen Abby in what 2 weeks now? Similar to Jennifer's breakdown, we should have seen the buildup to the fire and it actually happening. It seems like some scenes may have been cut.

Thanks, Poirot.

Finally a new day in Salem.

Nice to see Anne today. We, also, saw Adrienne at the end.

Theresa's dream was interesting. I think she dreamed how everything
could go wrong at a wedding.

Poor Chad. It was heartbreaking when he saw Abby in the mask.

It was funny to hear Roman tell Justin he would find the one who took
the evidence and he could prosecute him.. It would be interesting to
see Justin prosecute himself :).

no idea why they did forensics in the first place...totally agree....he should have been a detective at the start....

Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen? Now that Lani is gone and Hope is preoccupied yet again, I guess they had room for another detective in the force. Plus it gives him professional storyline possibilities with Belle. This is what they should have played out with Hope and Aiden the first time around but it wasn't written well.

The thing about Salem is......most places require some sort of exam if your training came elsewhere. (another state, country, etc?) Mami is supposed to be a nurse as well, remember she said she was offered the job at the hospital? Now Blanca. I am betting there is NO mention of forensics any more in re: Shawn. LOL.

Well, we now have Roman, Hope, JJ, Shawn D., Rafe, on the police force. Abe WAS on, I think John was for a short time as well, wasn't he? LOL

Hmmm, Salem hospital is being shortchanged. Kayla usually gone, Daniel has died, Mike Horton apparently no longer exists, same with Nathan. Even Maxine deserted the sinking ship that was the revered, super excellent Salem Hospital, once upon a time. :)

Definitely a good episode to skip. I can't stand Summer or Jeannie T or Brady or Victor.

The Chad scenes sound great, but this Chad could sell anything.

alem hospital is being shortchanged. Kayla usually gone, Daniel has died, Mike Horton apparently no longer exists, same with Nathan. Even Maxine deserted the sinking ship that was the revered, super excellent Salem Hospital, once upon a time.
Don't worry, Neil Curtis is still doing rounds...upstairs somewhere....

Agree - this Chad is off the charts one of the best actors in a LOONNNGGG time. We need to keep him. Just do not screw it up with any 'lapse in judgment" with Ciara. That would creep me out so much. Segue, I seriously doubt a rape victim is looking to have sex with any person this soon after their attack. Same goes for falling in love with your rapist. Quit trying to romanticize it. Writers, get a clue.

Back