Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 19, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 19, 2015

Yes, they are dragging out the adventures of Nicole, Eric & Xander to next week. Just a heads up, right off the bat, as it was annoying to me. Meanwhile, Jennifer wants to know what Eve is doing at marlena's computer, Eve thinks it is none of her business, but then claims to be wanting to make an appointment with Marlena. Jen doesn't quite believe her, Marlena comes in, Eve says jen was just leaving, she says she will be back later.
Marlena makes the appt. for Eve for tomorrow at 11 a.m., Eve wants sooner (this is so stupid) Marlena says no, she has to drive out of town tonight for something or other, won't be back til 11 tomorrow. Yes, we can see the wheels churning in Eve's head. She now starts asking about files on the computer, security, and all that stuff. Marlena assures her how triple protected and secure (too bad Nicole's computer isn't as secure) but then mentions that cases over 15 years are stored in a locked file cabinet, it is secure, but probably is vulnerable to fire, etc.

After Eve is gone, Jen comes in, wanting to tell Marlena about Eve being on her computer, but Marlena cuts her off, because of Eve becoming a patient, thus no conversation about her. So Jen backs off, and now sits with Marlena, wanting to talk of her mother......and the affair she & Jack had so long ago. Marlena notes that was years ago, neither one knew who the other was, both having to use aliases. But Jen remembers how hurt she was, thought she would never get over it, forgive Jack, and her mother. Marlena comments, but you did. Yes, replies Jen. I forgave them both, got past it, was fine. Because I loved them. That is what you do with those you love, is it not?

And now, over to the kegger party, where cheerful Rory is talking a willing JJ into coming on to a couple of cool gals. JJ tries, but is in no mood, abruptly leaves. Rory follows him, but JJ begs off, tells Rory to "go for it" with them both.
In the square, Paige has told Bev about JJ & her mom, Bev is disbelieving at first, but then is sorry, knows how hurt, angry Paige is, who claims she is beyond anger now.
Bev goes to the park, tells JJ she just saw Paige, who told her everything. JJ has no excuses, no explanations, it just happened, he knows it is over for him & Paige. Bev is very sympathetic, says to stop beating himself up, take some time, an hour, even 5 minutes, just breathe. Let yourself be happy. She suddenly kisses him, seems he is kissing her back.

Kate has called Paul to offer him the job. He meets her at the Pub. realizes this was not her idea, she tells of lots of good perks, gives him the envelope and leaves.
Sonny comes home to Will, asks about their next appt., Will says they have none, claiming Sonny did not seem all that happy with Dr. Myer. Sonny protests, they argue a bit, Will offering to now call Dr. Lewis, with Sonny noting Will previously did not want to go to that one. Sonny leaves, Will has called Gramma Kate over, whines and moans and groans about losing Sonny. Kate tells him about offering Sonny the job, and Will realizes it was Justin's idea. He whines some more, can't go back to Dr. Myer, as he cannot deliver the promised article, then pleads with Kate to try and get one written in one of Titan's magazines. She declines, has nothing to do with that area, but he moans he cannot lose his husband. Kate will see what she can do.

Paige goes to Eve's apartment to pick up the box of stuff Theresa had promised to get for her, but did not. Eve is all gushing, Paige will have none of it, will gather her stuff herself. Eve is "I'm your mother", but Paige is "no, you are nothing to me, nothing at all. Eve asks what she can do....Paige says you want to help me? Eve eagerly nods. Leave Salem, because when I leave here, I never want to see you again, or this place. Out she goes. Eve twirls her wine glass, murmuring that Jennifer did this, is going to pay. She is going to lose her son, her family, everything.

And in the basement, lots of yelling by Xander, as both Eric & Nicole cower. Xander pounds, forcing the door handle off, but when he gets in, no Eric or Nicole. (who are hiding in the boiler, I guess. Tis all weird). Xander leaves with Navidad, nails the door shut, til he returns. They go back to the computer to see exactly where Eric & Nicole are hiding.
Now those two have heart to heart, mostly of Eric blaming himself, beating himself up over his failure to believe Nicole, to blame her, and letting Serena play him as she did. Nicole is refusing to let him blame himself so much, he tells her he just realized, she is the only woman who ever truly loved him, just him. She nuzzles a bit, kisses him on the cheek.
Upstairs, Navidad has found the spot where Eric & Nicole are holed up, she & Xander return to the hidden room. He announces "I'm baacckk". Nicole & Eric shrink back in their small space, not knowing what comes next. Xander is grinning.

Cannot tell you how disappointed I was...a FRIDAY show.......and yes, filled with a lot of nonsense.
Eve only wanted a referral l, if I remember right, so why suddenly is she a patient? And what Jen should have told Marlena anyway. "She was in your computer". That would not be discussing Eve's condition, reason for going to Marlena, etc. I truly hate how these writers ignore common sense, common decency.

I guess it is daytime at the hospital, though, since Marlena is at work, talking of driving somewhere tonight, Jen is still at work.......but the Park is nighttime, kegger party going strong, and Nicole's entire building has gone home from work. L(OL

It was funny that Marlena mentioned that her files over 15 years old were "old school" and in the file cabinet. I had wondered about that yesterday when Eve was going through the computer. I wondered how Laura's files would be on there since it's been decades since she was Marlena's patient.

I was surprised to hear Jennifer bring up Jack and Laura's affair (with Marlena). And it was nice that the writers remembered (or "Ewe-Searched") that they were both in the mental facility under assumed names (Jack was Clarke and Laura was Monica).

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like a dull episode full of crap filler. It's nice that Marlena and Rory got airtime and that Eric was groveling and apologizing to Nicole a bit, but otherwise, I see I didn't miss much. In fact, I forgot that Days was on

JS, she could go visit Peter Blake, but I have a far more fun idea. Perhaps Kate and Eve can discuss what happened to Laura over tea and nice fresh batch of Kate's world famous brownies. I heard that they are delish and are simply to die for. hehehe:rotfl:In any event, I really wish that the powers that be would give Eve something better to do than harass Jennifer.

Patient files over 15 years old are stored in a locked file cabinet. Is this suppose to ease Jennifer's mind. How difficult would it be for a really determined person to break into a locked file cabinet. Would these files be safer at an off site secured facility that specializes in protecting confidential business documents? DAYS irks me so badly with little details such as this. Just making it all too easy for Eve to steal information on Laura.

Sonny is still living at home, going to counseling with Will, but Will is still convinced Paul will win if he doesn't put a stop to it. Paranoia is a powerful thing! I find it very telling that Marlena, Sonny, and Kate have specifically commented on Will trying to control Sonny.

I can't wait to watch those scenes between Eric and Nicole.

Sorry for the separate post, but I came across a line of dialogue I had to comment on. It's probably not a secret how much I love Eric and Nicole and this affected me LOL.

Eric to Nicole: "You're the only woman's who's ever completely loved me".

output_o5QOOF.gif

:rotfl::rotfl: I love this gif

Did anyone else laugh when the whole "wall" was moving when Xander was trying to get in that locked door? That really made Days look cheap.

Marlena has all files older than 15 years in that two drawer file cabinet? Just shows how few patients she had back then. :rotfl:

At least Eric apologized to Nicole. Now he needs to grovel at her feet.

Did anyone else laugh when the whole "wall" was moving when Xander was trying to get in that locked door
I sure did. I was like : "Stop, the whole thing is going to fall off !". Really funny indeed. Although I must say, again, that the actor playing Xander is
amazing ! Wow ! He scares me !

I only watched the parts with Nicole and Eric, frankly, because I can't stand Eve, Jennifer, Paige, JJ and this whole mess of a disgusting storyline. Not even if Marlena or Rory are part of it. Nope, I'm done with this.

I would have watched Paul, cause I like him, but Kate ? Again, I'm so tired of her right now, I just can't. Same with Will. Too bad for Sonny, but as long as he's with Will, he's on my FF list too.

So thanks for the summary. I can still keep up without actually watching everything.

Boring Friday indeed.

Rory knows all about endangered sea turtles...because, as he told JJ...he watches the nature channel when he gets 'baked'. Gotta love that kid. :love:
Very true. Like yesterday, the only part of today's dragged-out exercise in filler was Rory. It was good to learn that Rory cares about the poor, endangered sea turtles. Most people in Salem are so ignorant, self-absorbed and/or totally bonkers that they couldn't tell a sea turtle from a blue whale. As for JJ, if he'd only listen to Rory, he could get his life jump-started in the right direction, and find a normal, well-adjusted young lady (other than Bev) whose mother doesn't have a taste for college boys.

Very true. Rory jokes he watches when he's baked, but he clearly knew the name of the particular turtle the girl was talking about, as well as it's endangered status and where it's located in the world, etc. He's a real bright spot on some otherwise crappy Salem scenarios:)

I was THRILLED that they brought up Jack/Laura. It's totally relevant and I thought they were just going to keep pretending it didn't happen. I'm less thrilled that it appears Jenn is using her own feelings/actions about it to convince herself Paige will forgive JJ... or maybe I misunderstood the scene.

I don't know about medical files, but I did work for a law firm for a while, and physical completed case files are stored in an off-site storage facility designed for that. In the storage locker there are locked filing cabinets - so to get in you need a door key to the facility, a key for the locker, then a key for the cabinet. Once a month or so we'd take over a bunch of stuff to be archived and bring back whatever the lawyers needed.

I was a lowly minion so it was one of my tasks (it's basically filing) but I wasn't allowed to have the keys, I had someone much more senior come do that part (and drive me there because I didn't have my licence or a car). I can't believe that Marlena keeps all her physical files for a million years before computing in a single filing cabinet.

I love Rory, he's clearly smarter than he pretends to be. And it was sweet of JJ to give him a confidence boost and tell him he could pick up those girls without any help.

I enjoyed Eric's honesty hour and Eric and Nicole generally. Xander is playing crazy brilliantly!

Back